Flynn Center, Burlington VT

Jenney

Jul 31, 2006, 12:03:01 PM7/31/06
According to Barry Harvey, the show is still on at the Flynn Center
this weekend. If there is any change in that, he will let me know.

I'm currently camping in Lake George right now, really roughing it with
a/c and wireless internet! For those of you that know him, we got the
chance to see fellow Lighthead Mark Mason perform twice so far and will
probably get to see him at least once more before we leave. He did a
wonderful version of Pussywillows, Cattails for me the other night,
along with The Circle is Small. Great guy, great entertainer, if you
are ever in Lake George, make a point to go see him.

Jenney

ran...@telus.net

Jul 31, 2006, 10:48:03 PM7/31/06
Thanks for this Jenny. Sure would be great if Mark could make it to the
Nov. gigs this year. Would love to meet him and hear him perform. Ron
Jones.

Jenney

Jul 31, 2006, 11:19:56 PM7/31/06

He is going to try to come up for Thursday night this time. He was
there last time for one night too, but it was a quick stop by to meet
folks.

johnfowles

Aug 8, 2006, 3:14:45 PM8/8/06

OK OK This will not be much of a report, but rather a simple setlist
I must start at the begining though for having met up with Jenney and
Skip at the hotel we set off for downtown and quickly found the venue
I had tried to arange a group pre-concert dinner. but the Burlington
solicitor I had become acquainted with through his Peter Paul and Mary
google group had had to bow out, We did however meet another Burlington
area fan Betty (who had failed to get to Hamilton in 2004 and Massey
in 2005 and had never seen Gord live.(and only saw him at this concert
because I remembered her posting on corfid and emailed her)
we met at a fine restaurant diagonally opposite to the venue
http://img179.imageshack.us/img179/7805/flynn5august2006oq0.jpg
The Flynn Theater

1 Cotton Jenny
2 Carefree Highway
3 Sea Of Tranquility
4 Never Too Close
5 14 Karat Gold
6 In my fashion
7 A Painter Passing Though
Medley
8 Spanish Moss
9 Shadows
10 Blackberry Wine
11 The Watchman's Gone
Medley
12 Ribbon Of Darkness
a long pause into
13 Shadows
14 The Wreck Of The Edmund Fitzgerald
intermission
15 The Pony Man
16 Waiting For You
17 Clouds Of Loneliness.
18 Let It Ride (complete and magnificent)
19 Beautiful
21 If You Could Read My Mind
22 Don Quixote
23 Make Way For The Lady
24 Canadian Railroad Trilogy
25 Baby Step Back
26 Restless
27 Old Dan's Records
encore
28 Early Morning Rain

more comment at:-
http://www.corfid.com/cgi-bin/ubb/ultimatebb.cgi?ubb=get_topic&f=1&t=004044

Jri...@aol.com

Aug 15, 2006, 9:10:28 PM8/15/06
John,

Was Gord using a 2nd 12 string at Burlington? If so what brand &
description. Someone there said she looked like an Alvarez, which would
surprise me.

Many Thanks,

Jerre
Jerre R Haskew
The Cumberland Trio & Fiery Gizzard Records/Music,LLC
Chattanooga, TN, USA
jri...@aol.com
www.cumberlandtrio.com

johnfowles

Aug 16, 2006, 10:32:49 AM8/16/06

Jri...@aol.com wrote:
> John,
>
> Was Gord using a 2nd 12 string at Burlington? If so what brand &
> description. Someone there said she looked like an Alvarez, which would
> surprise me.

I am by no means a guitar expert but I can say that unquestionably
Gord had his usual brace of 12-strings at all three concerts we
recently attended New Brunswick NJ; Concord NH and Burlington VT,
Because I was intending to answer a corfid question on Terry's guitars
I distinctly remember looking at the name area of all guitars being
strummed and I may be wrong but I am fairly confident that at all three
concerts both of Gord's 12 strings were Gibsons.And being as how I was
sitting virtually dead centre in the front row of the additional Dress
Circle about 12 feet from Gord's guitars at Burlington I am sure I
would have spotted if one of the 12's on that ocasion was an Alveraz or
anything other than a Gibson

Sheryl

Aug 19, 2006, 6:50:32 PM8/19/06

Jri...@aol.com wrote:
> John,
>
> Was Gord using a 2nd 12 string at Burlington? If so what brand &
> description. Someone there said she looked like an Alvarez, which would
> surprise me.
>
> Many Thanks,
>
> Jerre.
\

He did purchase a new guitar last year while he was in town here in Los
Angeles. I had made a stop into a local guitar shop -- apparently THE
guitar shop for the famous and the non-famous. Huge pics of famous
people who have (I assume) bought their guitars there grace the outside
of this place. While chit-chatting with one of the clerks inside (they
all look like rockers), I brought up Gord's name and he said Gord
bought a new guitar from him last year while he was in town doing the
Agoura Hills performance. So, there you have it, Jerre. Proof
positive your eyes were not deceiving you! Although he told me the
brand name, since I'm not a player (I'd bought a new guitar for my
daughter), the name escapes me. Once he mentioned Gord's name and him
having been there... my eyes glazed over, my brain went numb, and I
stood there stupified. No, seriously, though, since I don't play any
instrument (does "Chopsticks" on the piano count?), the name didn't
register with me. Sorry!

Sheryl

Cathy Cowette

Aug 20, 2006, 9:35:01 AM8/20/06

"Sheryl" <Sher...@sbcglobal.net> wrote in message

I think that was a 6 string Martin, to replace the old D-18.
But I'm not sure.

He uses two identical 12 string Gibsons, one in standard tuning and one in
dropped D.

Cathy