Shakin' all Over

ran...@telus.net

Jan 24, 2006, 5:21:13 PM1/24/06
This is a two hour documentary that's advertised in the TV guide for
January 30th, Monday night at 8:00 PM pacific time on CBC.It's based on
Nicholas Jennings' book "Before The Goldrush: Flashbacks to the Dawn of
the Canadian Sound." Director Gary McGroarty's documentary looks at the
hundreds of bands and singer-songwriters who emerged across Canada. The
program features candid interviews with icons like Gordon Lightfoot, as
well as rare performance clips of such songs as Lightfoot's "Early
Morning Rain." Ron Jones.

lightf...@rogers.com

Jan 24, 2006, 5:54:14 PM1/24/06
You know I"ll be watching and recording it Ron!
;)
I've got an autographed copy of the book!
Char

johnfowles

Jan 24, 2006, 5:58:29 PM1/24/06

ran...@telus.net wrote:

Great heads up Ron
I am trusting that by now spurred on by my previously emailed comments
you have a sparkling new computer there complete with a video capture
device and a DVD Burner and will therefore be able to save this
program(me) directly to a DVD that you can then duplicate for
distribution to your needy and CBC-deprived friends.Please reply in the
affirmative.
You do have several days (nearly a full week in fact) to get this
sorted out after all.
John Fowles
i wonder if the "rare performance clip" of EMR is a 1960's one or the
familiar one frrom the Reno video. Do let us know next week..

ran...@telus.net

Jan 25, 2006, 2:47:55 PM1/25/06
Ah yes, John. One thing I've picked up on in this newsgroup is that
it's definitely not short on entertainers and you're right up there as
one of it's finest. Now about the new computer. Marian says yes, yes,
Ronnie, just you go straight to the bank and take out everything we've
got saved to go to the Lighthead Convention in November and we'll have
the best damn computer out there. So without thinking I did just that,
brought the new gizmo home, plugged it in and then fetched my trusty
old rotary phone, and from a cluster of wires hanging out I selected
the most colorful one and jammed it into an opening on the back of the
new computer. As I'm still in the therapy program over it's demise, I
need to have a connection to my rotary phone on a constant basis.
However very quickly I realized that I selected the wrong wire or some
such as the new computer just ended up going KAPUT. So as it stands now
the next best offering I can up with will be a video cassette copy of
the show. The new computer thing is still on the shelf though and I've
printed out all those emailed comments re the sparkling new computer
but I think it may be down the road a bit. I'm really looking forward
to the show and anxious to read all the interesting things folks have
to say. Ron Jones.

lightf...@rogers.com

Jan 25, 2006, 3:20:00 PM1/25/06
and I too will load up the VCR to record the show....
;)
no burning tv to dvd for this gal!

johnfowles

Jan 31, 2006, 1:00:19 PM1/31/06
Ron Jones was loking forwards to "read all the interesting things
folks have
to say" but as nobody here seems to have anything to say Newsgroupers
might like to be adventurous and try the corfid topic at:-
http://www.corfid.com/ubb/ultimatebb.php?ubb=get_topic;f=1;t=003630
John Fowles
Sorry but I felt this justified mentioning corfid once again