Gord on display in Ottawa

1 view

johnfowles

Nov 9, 2005, 10:38:37 AM11/9/05
Those who have previously expressed reservations/dismay about the
desirability (or otherwise) of being able to display pictures on the
corfid Discussion Forum or indeed disparaged the very existence of this
resource should IMHO try to spare the time to take a gander at the
wonderful Ottawa art scene revealed in series of photos displayed by
Kurt Martin at:-
http://www.corfid.com/ubb/ultimatebb.php?ubb=get_topic;f=1;t=003501
John Fowles
A perfect example to my mind of the value of this feature.
After all "a picture is worth a thousand words"

Peter C. Bogert

Nov 9, 2005, 2:12:22 PM11/9/05
Neat shot!

"johnfowles" <fowle...@hotmail.com> wrote in message

Char

Nov 9, 2005, 3:15:41 PM11/9/05
that's a fantastic mural - and quite a spot for a Second Cup coffee shop!

johnfowles

Nov 10, 2005, 10:10:14 AM11/10/05
Wot should I take it by the relative lack of response that only Peter B
and Char have ventured to corfid to view this impressive mural??.
O0ps how remiss of me I really should have given the addresses of the
pictures to save you all the trouble so here goes somewhat belatedly an
addendum to my original posting that I had intended to include:-
the overall scene I reduced to a smaller sized jpg at:
http://www.johnfowles.org.uk/lightfoot/Ottawa_second_cup_of_coffee_Mural_800x600.jpg
Kurt's original 7 largish 1024x768 pixels pix are at:-
http://www3.sympatico.ca/kurt.martin/GL/01.jpg
http://www3.sympatico.ca/kurt.martin/GL/02.jpg
http://www3.sympatico.ca/kurt.martin/GL/03.jpg
http://www3.sympatico.ca/kurt.martin/GL/04.jpg
http://www3.sympatico.ca/kurt.martin/GL/05.jpg
http://www3.sympatico.ca/kurt.martin/GL/06.jpg
http://www3.sympatico.ca/kurt.martin/GL/07.jpg
Noting that for inexplicable reasons no doubt best known to Kurt
himself
01 05 and 07 are essentially the same view
03 and 04 are pretty similar difrent traffic
06 is the same as 02 but shows more of Joni Mitchell
John Fowles
Note to Ed Mullen
you once took me to task by stating that you were easily able to give
addresses of pix on corfid and commented that you only had to right
click and select "copy shortcut" or words to that effect.
I just tried to emulate you but found that inexplicably that option
for Internet Exploder 6 is grayed out so is not functionable as it
obviously is in a Mozilla based browser so I had to resort to IE6 right
click "properties"
Netscape/Mozilla get past Microsoft!!
roll on IE7!! and new vistas

johnfowles

Nov 10, 2005, 10:10:54 AM11/10/05
[...]
03 and 04 are pretty similar albeit different traffic

Blair Barondes

Nov 16, 2005, 11:17:09 AM11/16/05
I looked! And would, indeed, stop for a second cup of coffee there!
-Blair