Massey Concerts

Janice Ross

Feb 24, 2006, 1:23:57 AM2/24/06
Wow, I know the NG has been quiet of late, but I don't think I've seen this
many days go by without someone having something to say - even if it's SPAM
:-)

It's official, the Massey concerts have been announced as November 16, 17 &
18! Tickets went on sale to "Friends" Feb 21 and go on sale to the general
public Feb 25.

So.......is anyone going besides Char and myself???

Janice

Cathy Cowette

Feb 24, 2006, 8:03:44 AM2/24/06

"Janice Ross" <Janic...@cox.net> wrote in message
I don't think I'll make it this year. Too much stuff going on with my
health. I need to stick around here until I get my second wind, I think.

Cathy
http://www.cathycowette.com

lightf...@rogers.com

Feb 24, 2006, 9:02:02 AM2/24/06
Cathy - it's still 9 months away-see how things go over the summer and
hopefully you'll make it to Toronto in November....we all want to see
you!!
I hope those who couldn't make it in May 2005 make the trek along with
all the first timers!
bring your warm woolies and toques!
;)
Char

Cathy Cowette

Feb 24, 2006, 9:16:56 AM2/24/06

<lightf...@rogers.com> wrote in message

Hmmm. It's a heck of a lot warmer in Toronto than it is in Northern Maine!
I'll keep it in mind. I may be able to show up.

Cathy
http://www.cathycowette.com

Janice Ross

Feb 24, 2006, 2:44:13 PM2/24/06
I agree with Char, Cathy, give it a little time before you rule it out
completely. The rate you've been improving is amazing and your determination
to continue that path is unfettered - so you won't know where you'll be
along the healing trail until it gets a little closer. Obviously we don't
want you to do anything that will jeopardize your health or that you feel
uncomfortable with, but we all definitely want to see you!

Jeez, I have 9 months to find what I did with that box of New Hampshire
clothes when I moved last summer - I hadn't seen them in a couple of years
until that point, but I knew there was a reason I was holding on to them :-)

Janice

drb...@sbcglobal.net

Feb 25, 2006, 12:54:31 PM2/25/06
in article rDxLf.33556$V27.16605@fed1read06, Janice Ross at
Janic...@cox.net wrote on 2/24/06 12:23 AM:

> It's official, the Massey concerts have been announced as November 16, 17 &
> 18! Tickets went on sale to "Friends" Feb 21 and go on sale to the general
> public Feb 25.
>
> So.......is anyone going besides Char and myself???

Already have my tickets as well as some for Lori and Melissa and Denny. :)
:) :)

donnie

Ed Mullen

Feb 25, 2006, 1:54:59 PM2/25/06

Considering that we'll soon have an apartment in Toronto I guess I'll be
going! ;-)

--
Ed Mullen
http://edmullen.net

ran...@telus.net

Feb 25, 2006, 10:07:18 PM2/25/06

Ed Mullen wrote:
> Janice Ross wrote:
> > Wow, I know the NG has been quiet of late, but I don't think I've seen this
> > many days go by without someone having something to say - even if it's SPAM
> > :-)
> >
> > It's official, the Massey concerts have been announced as November 16, 17 &
> > 18! Tickets went on sale to "Friends" Feb 21 and go on sale to the general
> > public Feb 25.
> >
> > So.......is anyone going besides Char and myself???
> >
> > Janice
> >

> Considering that we'll soon have an apartment in Toronto I guess I'll be
> going! ;-)
> Am I reading this correctly Ed? Are you guys turning Canuck? Wow! And hey Janice, you're the "smiling angel" in this group so I'm not gonna' miss hangin' out in that comfort zone. I'll be there with bells on. It's like a rebirth of the old Massey era. Ron Jones.

Janice Ross

Feb 26, 2006, 6:11:18 AM2/26/06
How cool, Ed. Are you and Sharman vacating the Georgia house or will the
apartment in Toronto be a second home?

Janice

"Ed Mullen" <e...@edmullen.net> wrote in message

Janice Ross

Feb 26, 2006, 6:16:32 AM2/26/06
Great Ron - We'll see you there!

<ran...@telus.net> wrote in message

Ed Mullen

Feb 26, 2006, 12:44:45 PM2/26/06
ran...@telus.net wrote:
> Ed Mullen wrote:
>> Janice Ross wrote:
>>> Wow, I know the NG has been quiet of late, but I don't think I've seen this
>>> many days go by without someone having something to say - even if it's SPAM
>>> :-)
>>>
>>> It's official, the Massey concerts have been announced as November 16, 17 &
>>> 18! Tickets went on sale to "Friends" Feb 21 and go on sale to the general
>>> public Feb 25.
>>>
>>> So.......is anyone going besides Char and myself???
>>>
>>> Janice
>>>

>> Considering that we'll soon have an apartment in Toronto I guess I'll be
>> going! ;-)
>> Am I reading this correctly Ed? Are you guys turning Canuck? Wow! And hey Janice, you're the "smiling angel" in this group so I'm not gonna' miss hangin' out in that comfort zone. I'll be there with bells on. It's like a rebirth of the old Massey era. Ron Jones.

Sharman is Canadian, born and raised in Montreal. So for her it's like
going home. And I've spent so much time in Canada over the last 34
years it almost feels like that for me too. Sharman's a VP with IBM and
she just started a 2-year temporary assignment in Toronto. We're
keeping the house in GA so I'll go up and spend 2 or 3 weeks at a time
and then come back here to make sure the house is still standing, pay
the bills, etc. The really good news is that a couple weeks ago Sharman
said: "You really should go buy another guitar so you won't have schlep
one back and forth all the time." Dang! Did I marry right or what? <G>

Ed Mullen

Feb 26, 2006, 12:45:23 PM2/26/06
Janice Ross wrote:
> How cool, Ed. Are you and Sharman vacating the Georgia house or will the
> apartment in Toronto be a second home?

Second home. See my reply to Ron for details.

Tony Wesley

Feb 26, 2006, 1:34:03 PM2/26/06

Ed Mullen wrote:
>[...] The really good news is that a couple weeks ago Sharman

> said: "You really should go buy another guitar so you won't have schlep
> one back and forth all the time." Dang! Did I marry right or what? <G>

There's no "or what" about it. You got a winner there.

drb...@sbcglobal.net

Feb 26, 2006, 2:01:17 PM2/26/06
in article raedncQnVpW...@comcast.com, Ed Mullen at e...@edmullen.net
wrote on 2/26/06 11:44 AM:

> The really good news is that a couple weeks ago Sharman
> said: "You really should go buy another guitar so you won't have schlep
> one back and forth all the time." Dang! Did I marry right or what? <G>

It's rough...but you'll have to spend the time and money to buy another one.
:)

donnie

lightf...@rogers.com

Feb 26, 2006, 2:11:02 PM2/26/06
he's going to have 2 Canadian women up here - one Shar and one Char!

can't wait for you to get here guys!

I was gonna offer you my air guitar while you're up here but go ahead
and buy a new one!
lol

lots of great places to buy guitars here too!

hope to see you soon!

Janice Ross

Feb 26, 2006, 3:55:40 PM2/26/06
Ed, that's great! I'm assuming that the temporary assignment will mean that
Sharman will have two years without as much constant travel as she's had -
that could be a very nice break for her. Of course it means that you'll be
doing the traveling, now, but I'm sure a new guitar will make that easier -
not as much to pack and unpack <G>

Congratulations to you both!

Janice
P.S. Those of us who have had the pleasure of meeting Sharman have known all
along that you married right <g>

"Ed Mullen" <e...@edmullen.net> wrote in message

W. Davison

Feb 26, 2006, 4:45:31 PM2/26/06
The Twelfth Fret (on Danforth) is a magnificent guitar store. They repaired
my D18GL with great care, and have a collection of guitars that is
remarkable!

WD

<lightf...@rogers.com> wrote in message

Richard Harison

Feb 26, 2006, 5:25:58 PM2/26/06
It is also one of the few Martin authorized warranty repair locations in the
area. I am unhappy, to say the least, that Martin no longer does original owner
warranty issues at the factory in Nazareth, but outsourcing seems to be the name
of the game these days. On three occasions I have had to have warranty work
done there, once to reset the saddle of my D-18, another for my D12-20, and the
third, a broken neck (airline mishap) on Gord's D-45 (since stolen). I enjoyed
the amazing personal attention I was given. I recall especially a private tour
given me and my girl friend by Frank Martin (now deceased) when I brought him
my 12 string. He knew I was coming, and opened the shop on a Saturday morning!
He had no knowledge of my association with either the Byrds or Gord at that
time! It was a monument to his dedication!
Those days of customer service are, alas, gone forever!

--
All the Best
Richard Harison
"W. Davison" <davi...@interlog.com> wrote in message

Ed Mullen

Feb 26, 2006, 7:49:05 PM2/26/06
Janice Ross wrote:
> Ed, that's great! I'm assuming that the temporary assignment will mean that
> Sharman will have two years without as much constant travel as she's had -
> that could be a very nice break for her. Of course it means that you'll be
> doing the traveling, now, but I'm sure a new guitar will make that easier -
> not as much to pack and unpack <G>
>
> Congratulations to you both!
>
> Janice
> P.S. Those of us who have had the pleasure of meeting Sharman have known all
> along that you married right <g>

Janice, that's very sweet, thank you!

It's a grand adventure we're both looking forward to. And I WILL go
guitar shopping once we've got an apartment established in TO. ;-)

mcarl-at-cablespeed.com

Feb 28, 2006, 10:14:44 AM2/28/06
Ya. Forget the talk about a second home! We're talking second (3rd,
4th ... ) guitar here! Let's get our priorities straight!

Matt

Unison

Mar 7, 2006, 10:18:36 PM3/7/06
On 2006-02-26 17:25:58 -0500, "Richard Harison" <no...@invalid.com> said:

> Those days of customer service are, alas, gone forever!

wow. yep. preachin' to the choir! don't get me started. there's a
reason my $$$ for the past 10+ years have gone to individual builders;
the last "mass-produced" guitar I bought was a Larrivee!

-=- mfifer

(shouts to the old school)

Unison

Mar 7, 2006, 10:22:14 PM3/7/06
i think it's been 10 or so years since my last massey visit! (where
was that pre-party? the posters on the wall were something. and the
late nights in the hotel with the pile of guitars and everyone taking
turns...)

i think it's time for another.

count me in!

-=- mfifer

(shouts to the old school!)

drb...@sbcglobal.net

Mar 10, 2006, 4:15:14 PM3/10/06
in article 2006030722...@news.giganews.com, Unison at Unison wrote on
3/7/06 9:22 PM:

> i think it's been 10 or so years since my last massey visit! (where
> was that pre-party? the posters on the wall were something. and the
> late nights in the hotel with the pile of guitars and everyone taking
> turns...)

Looked through my notes from that trip. The party was at Senators
restaurant. Yep. Those posters were something!

donnie

Melissa

Mar 16, 2006, 11:32:05 AM3/16/06

How about, oh........ say, around mid-November? Would that work
for ya? :)

Melissa :)