Sometimes I Don't Mind - mystery sound?

1 view

owens...@kplus1.aces.k12.ct.us

Sep 17, 1998, 3:00:00 AM9/17/98
Does anyone else hear the famous "Cabaret mystery sound" in Sometimes I Don't
Mind? Just before the line "When I'm drinking to you..." I'd swear I hear the
sound of a pop-top!
Lorrie

p.s. - I just borrowed a copy of Old Dan's Records which I had never heard
before. Wow! I just love the way he sings "Lazy Mornin'" and "Can't Depend
on Love".

Sundreme

Sep 17, 1998, 3:00:00 AM9/17/98
In article <6tr4pc$uqi$1...@nnrp1.dejanews.com>, owens...@kplus1.aces.k12.ct.us
writes:

>Does anyone else hear the famous "Cabaret mystery sound" in Sometimes I Don't
>Mind? Just before the line "When I'm drinking to you..." I'd swear I hear
>the
>sound of a pop-top!
>Lorrie

Are you sure its a pop-top? There are some who would argue that opinion. Of
course, I have no idea why there would be a zippo lighter before a line about
drinking. But hey, there are wiser minds than mine here on this newsgroup and
if they say its a zippo, who the heck am I to argue?>;-D
Erica

RikS...

Sep 20, 1998, 3:00:00 AM9/20/98
On Thu, 17 Sep 1998 14:02:20 GMT, owens...@kplus1.aces.k12.ct.us
wrote:

>Does anyone else hear the famous "Cabaret mystery sound" in Sometimes I Don't
>Mind? Just before the line "When I'm drinking to you..." I'd swear I hear the
>sound of a pop-top!
>Lorrie

this has been the subject of a heated debate for years. and yes, it
is in fact, a pop top beer can.

ran...@europa.com
!NEW! GL web page http://www.europa.com/~random7

.... Seven Islands To The High Side Of The Bay If You're Looking West...

STEVEN M DUNBAR

Sep 22, 1998, 3:00:00 AM9/22/98
perhaps ! but... for the record (groooooannnnnnn...... ) i think the
sound is the effervescent pop of leaded tin foil still half intact around a
cork, in a bottle of aquavit, shaken not shhhhhtirred, possesing the
giggling sparkle of Swiss maidens, blushed yet pleased by the attention of
the rural swains. eedder 'dat or iz duh crakin' open of a 12 OZ can of
P.O.C., WHICH ALTHOUGH THE NAME IS INTENDED TO STAND FOR "Pride of
Cleveland", the beer was known locally in the land of Cleve's as pi** if
Cleveland. It was in fact a popular working man's beer in Cleveland circa
1975, as I was one of 'em. anyone get the connection ?( a load of iron oar
twenty six thousand tons more than the.......) i think we are on to
something, the geographic corrolation is more than spurious, and worthy of
debate ! Derek? Wayne ? Shirley ? Plumbguru ? et al ? and once again,
the indefatigueable , the MOTHER OF ALL DEBATES, THE INFAMOUS CABARET
'Sound" . I'll tell u rightcheer and now is da soun' of a Ohio Blue tip
match struck against three days growth. ! rekin' ? - mapgeek aka
steve dunbar
owens...@kplus1.aces.k12.ct.us wrote in message
<6tr4pc$uqi$1...@nnrp1.dejanews.com>...

>Does anyone else hear the famous "Cabaret mystery sound" in Sometimes I
Don't
>Mind? Just before the line "When I'm drinking to you..." I'd swear I hear
the
- snip-