Gov.Gen.show-SunDec.26/99 8:00 pm

char

Dec 24, 1999, 3:00:00 AM12/24/99
Gord will be performing at the Governor General's Performing Arts Show
on the CBC Sunday Dec.26/99 at 8:00 p.m.
Goodbye Celine!!!
char
Merry Christmas everyone!!!

chris

Dec 26, 1999, 3:00:00 AM12/26/99
Char,
I probably don't have to ask you to give us full, detailed description
of the show, right? Those of us out of viewing range are looking
forward to your report.

Chris
"It took most of my time to do what never was done" GL

Pete

Dec 27, 1999, 3:00:00 AM12/27/99
Hi Chris,

I like that quote. What GL-song is it from?

Pete

http://members.eunet.at/schinpet

Florian Bodenseher

Dec 27, 1999, 3:00:00 AM12/27/99
> > Chris
> > "It took most of my time to do what never was done" GL
> >

> I like that quote. What GL-song is it from?
>
> Pete
>
> http://members.eunet.at/schinpet

Hi Pete,

The quote is from 'Can't Depend On Love', which is track Nr. 6 on 'Old
Dan's Records'.

You can find the complete lyrics at:
http://www.corfid.com/gl/Albums/olddansrecords/Cant_Depend_On_Love.htm

best regards,

Florian Bodenseher

--
'May the light of love surround you tonight, everywhere you go'
Gordon Lightfoot, Only Love Would Know, Waiting for You

char

Dec 27, 1999, 3:00:00 AM12/27/99
gcurkan has a very detailed report on the e-mail site (I don't know if
that's what it's called - alt.music) I found it hard to watch - Gord
is so thin and his face is so gaunt. I tended to close my eyes and
visualize him a few years ago. I taped it and watched it several times,
half listening, half watching. He was very pleased to be there for his
buddy Sam Sniderman.

chris

Dec 27, 1999, 3:00:00 AM12/27/99
Pete,

That quote is from Can't Depend on Love from Old Dan's Records. Its
one of my favorite GL lines. Many times at the end of the day I feel
like that -- just one of those lines that when you hear him sing it you
go "yeah, I know that feeling!"

to Char,
I don't know what you mean by the "email" site. I'll try to figure it
out. My understanding of these things is pretty primitive. I sort of
just get by. I access this newsgroup thru remarq. I take it that's
now what you 're talking about. Did he look/sound that different than
he did this summer on the MMM show?

Chris
"It took most of my time to do what never was done" GL

char

Dec 28, 1999, 3:00:00 AM12/28/99
i have a category on my outlook express - alt.music.lightfoot. it
showed up when i joined this remarq forum. like magic. it lists all the
messages sent to this forum individually but only as new discussions i
think. i don't understand a lot of this stuff either!!
gord looked the same as his Much Music show in the summer. he's so thin
it worries me to no end.

In article <136f266c...@usw-ex0102-012.remarq.com>, chris