James Taylor WWW home page

Joel David Risberg

Feb 21, 1994, 9:33:22 PM2/21/94
Though it's only a few hours old, I'd like to announce an experimental
James Taylor World Wide Web site. The information is sparse for now, but
I'll be adding everything that used to be on the FTP site and more in the
near future.

For now you'll find the newest FAQ and some pictures of JT to view.

If you're already familiar with WWW, here's the URL:

http://garnet.acns.fsu.edu/~jrisberg/JT.html

If you haven't explored W3 yet, it's definitely worth a look. Those limited
to text-mode can usually use Lynx, which does a nice job using only text,
though you won't be able to see the GIFs, of course.

To visit the JT page using lynx, you'd type:

lynx http://garnet.acns.fsu.edu/~jrisberg/JT.html

I'd appreciate any feedback or suggestions for what else to add.

Enjoy,

-= Joel =-
--
Joel Risberg -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=- jris...@garnet.acns.fsu.edu
"Me? I'm a fingersmith. I'm a professional fingersmith."

Gary Steckly

Feb 22, 1994, 8:58:58 PM2/22/94
Joel David Risberg (jris...@garnet.acns.fsu.edu) wrote:
: Though it's only a few hours old, I'd like to announce an experimental

: http://garnet.acns.fsu.edu/~jrisberg/JT.html

: lynx http://garnet.acns.fsu.edu/~jrisberg/JT.html

: Enjoy,

Nice work Joel,

I just took a brief tour of it today at work with mosaic for windows. Now
if only George Massenburg can convince JT to tour cyberspace, maybe he
will be inspired to lay down some short little audio tracks for his fans with
WWW capabilites to enjoy!

I see that George posts to the group quite frequently. Any idea if he is
aware of the hyper/multimedia capabilities of the WWW?

regards

Gary
(a fan from the Great White North)

Joel David Risberg

Feb 23, 1994, 5:34:30 PM2/23/94
In article <1994Feb23....@clark.dgim.doc.ca> gste...@dgim.doc.ca (Gary Steckly) writes:

>Nice work Joel,

Thanks. I'm planning to add a lot more to it.

>I just took a brief tour of it today at work with mosaic for windows. Now
>if only George Massenburg can convince JT to tour cyberspace, maybe he
>will be inspired to lay down some short little audio tracks for his fans with
>WWW capabilites to enjoy!

That would certainly be nice. Shall we all chip in and buy JT a modem for his
powerbook?

>I see that George posts to the group quite frequently. Any idea if he is
>aware of the hyper/multimedia capabilities of the WWW?

I won't try and speak for him, but he's visited the JT home page, anyway.

-= Joel =-

BTW: In case anyone missed it, the URL is:

http://garnet.acns.fsu.edu/~jrisberg/JT.html