JUDGE

sj80...@sable.adelphi.edu

Nov 14, 1994, 7:37:48 PM11/14/94
Fuck Yeah Tatoos are SXE and anyone who says they aren't is a big smelly jerk!
I'm sick of everyone in the scene being so nit picky, are we all just a bunch
of silly old men and women. I like Judge and I like Youth of Today and I don't
think Earth Crises or Snapcase are that incredible ( I like them and listen to
them but I think I'd choose a couple bands over them). Why is old SXE hard core
not cool anymore! I'm not Vegan and I also Haven't been SXE all my life either!
I guess I'm a poser now even though I've listened to HC almost all my life,
what happened to UNITY, I Know everyone is on the defense cause of poser punk
and Quicksand being a buzz clip but should we bash one another. I miss when
everyone was friends, now it's a big compatition over who's a New Jack and
whose not. Is there anyone out there who still likes Burn, Judge, Insted etc!

EPI Prod login

Nov 15, 1994, 9:20:12 AM11/15/94
sj80...@sable.adelphi.edu wrote:
: Fuck Yeah Tatoos are SXE and anyone who says they aren't is a big smelly jerk!

Hells yeah!! I LOVE INSTED!! I've been waiting for someone to post something
about them, I think I'm going to like you forever! FYI Kevinsted now lives
here in Colorado. He moved here Feb '93 w/his wife. He's still so f*ckin'
sXe that I still have hope that not everyone sells out the X. I knew he was
here but no one knew how to get a hold of him. Finally ran into him at a
7Seconds show. He looks older, still rocking sXe gear circa '88 with an
"O.C. Straight Edge" t-shirt, vans, and shorts on. We talked for awhile,
he's still interested in what's going on as far as sXe and kids but not
interested in being involved in any projects. Oh yeah, he's also a father
now. I'm calling him up to go to the QUICKSAND and then the SOIA shows
later this month. Also thinking about doing a little interview w/him.
Anyways, I could talk about Kevin for hours as I adore him and practically
worship him. Got nothing bad to say about this guy!

Take Care!
XearthX at m...@hpfidlf.fc.hp.com

XrainX

Nov 16, 1994, 9:07:01 PM11/16/94
In article <1994Nov1...@sable.adelphi.edu>,

Fuck yeah!!!
old school
old school
old school
everything you said rocks, man
and goes for me, too
('cept I'm vegan, tho' it's your prob, and not mine, if you aren't)

Keepin that edge,
Piper

vp24...@ubvms.cc.buffalo.edu

Nov 18, 1994, 8:50:05 PM11/18/94
Old hardcore is and will always be better than progressive, la la emo, post
hardcore noise alternative rock put out by bands who play a show, get a record
deal, record two songs about absolutly nothing with one part each and degrade
the hardcore scene by making kids want to sit on lawn-chairs and watch the
bands and how talented they are rather than sing along, stage-dive and have
fun. Hardcore is fun, not talent or status. Fuck your Progression. If you
want to play alternative, then build your own scene, dont invade ours. Judge,
GB, Chain of Strength, Up-Front, Turning Point, No For An Answer, Side by Side,
Youth of Today, Beyond, Against the Wall, Alone in a crowd,Brotherhood, Insted,
Chorus,etc. are the best "hardcore" bands ever. Their music will always be the
best no-matter what they do now.
Circle Jerks rule..................J.G.

want to play garbage

DANIELH SO

Nov 21, 1994, 12:23:25 AM11/21/94
i really dig old school too...having listened to all that stuff growing
up, esp. BURN (can't say enough good things about them), chain of
strength, etc...

i understand all this anti-new hc sentiment. there is, imo, a lot of
crappy hc out there. i just can't get into the metal sound. oh well, right?

it's funny: for all the so-called "progression" some of these bands are
suppossed to be making, none are as innovative or different as BURN. hmmm

blah.
dan!

JohnPaul Golaski

Nov 24, 1994, 1:14:44 PM11/24/94
XrainX (ra...@idiotproof.uucp) wrote:
: In article <1994Nov1...@sable.adelphi.edu>,

go minor threat, real old school.

ok so is the term old school a relative term?
now the kids into earth crisis etc. call GB, underdog, token entry, etc
old school sXe. though they were new school when they started getting big
(old school being minor threat etc.).
it's kinda funny to see these kids hear underdog and go "whoa, old
school old school". and i'm about their age (withen a year or two).
i guess they spent their grade/high school days listening to michael
jackson instead of being in a circle pit.

-jxhnpaul