The Wereo, Thoughts on CD2

gatesofbabblelawn

Aug 2, 2005, 12:00:28 PM8/2/05

The first thing that jumps out at you about Wereo CD2, compared to CD1
is that CD2 has 2 tracks. I see where you are going with this, Scott.
CD1 had one track, CD2 has 2. I bet I can guess how many tracks are on
CD3. In my studies I have always found that The Wereo has deep at its
core a fundamental logic.

First up is Rare Earth's "Big Brother." This song rocked. I know nothing
about Rare Earth but I liked what I heard.

Next we are treated to some interviews with attendees. I was very
surprised to hear one attendee state that the Beatles would be appearing
and reuniting at the Jam. I now can't wait to hear CD3. That is like
Pink Floyd at Live8. How come you never mention the Beatles when you
discuss the Wereo, Scott?

And I hope that poor four-year-old Michael was able to find his parents.
I'd hate to think he still wanders the Ontario shopping mall, some 30
years later as some insane Phantom of the Opera type guy, forever
unhealthily fixated on some rock concert.

Next musical interlude was a song by Earth, Wind and Fire. This song was
unremarkable but competent. It is good that EW&F stuck around a few more
years so that they could exploit the invention of the greatest musical
genre ever created, Disco. You could tell by their performance that they
were just biding their time. Very visionary, like if someone hit the
record button on a pano.

Finally, a decent band and a rocking tune is played. The Eagles hit the
stage and do a scorching rendition of "Take it Easy," the song they
wrote with Jackson Browne. Glen Fry, Don Henley and the boys tear
through it in a manner that would not be seen for a decade until
Metallica recorded "Damage, Inc." The only real downer here is that
there is only one track from the Eagles. It would have been nice if they
had played their biggest hit, "Hotel California."

Next up is the most nonsensical thing yet on this recording. Seals and
Crofts?!? WTF? I thought these were the guys who did the Saturday
morning puppet shows with Witchie-Poo back in the day, but it appears I
was mistaken. This is not what I would call Rock and Roll. What is this
crap? If I had been organizing the festival this band would be gone and
Canada's biggest Rock export, Rush or maybe Blue yster Cult would have
been on the bill. Now /that/ would have been great. Geddy's screeching
about snow dogs or Eric Bloom singing about beautiful feet may have put
this show ahead of Woodstock in cultural significance.

Once one realizes that the next band we hear from is the mighty BLACK
SABBATH, then it becomes very obvious why S&C were allowed to play at
all. S&C were there to lull the audience into a elevator-music-like
stupor so when the first bone-crushing riff of "Children of the Grave"
begins, they will conclude that the 70s will have a significant impact
on many subsequent generations, even though the decade wasn't half over
yet. Ozzy, Tony, Geezer and Bill are smoking on COTG and Ozzy's oddly
coherent banter is a fond reminder about the abuses of drugs and alcohol
yet to come. I fully expected more Sabbath but for some reason we next
move on to some other British band that was popular at that time.

Deep Purple picks up the gauntlet from the mighty Sabbath reasonably
well, with new vocalist David Coverdale of wife car-dancing fame. "Space
Trucking" is definitely groovy and different from the Ian Gillan
versions of which I am familiar. An overall good performance but the
song just goes on way too long. There could have been another BLACK
SABBATH song included here if DC had insisted that the band quit wanking
off like a Dream Theater concert and end the song when it is supposed to
end. Overall this Sabbath-Deep Purple section is truly the highlight of
CD2 as with the next band thinks start to go downhill really fast.

ELP returns for some odd reason. This band had more than enough time
devoted to them on CD1. I don't know what song they are performing but
the vocalist seems to be singing about gates so I guess it is
appropriate to be on the Wereo recordings. I still can't believe these
guys are given so much air time here while Sabbath gets such short
shrift. If these guys closed the show I would have left early to avoid
the traffic. And to add insult to injury a second ELP song is played
that sounds like church.

Overall, CD2 is a mixed bag of soaring peaks and corpse-spitting lows
but evens out as a worthy middle section to the three part wereo.

Happy Birthday, Scott.

gates

squid...@gmail.com

Aug 2, 2005, 12:28:50 PM8/2/05

You need to get into Rare Earth. They rock!

Dt Lemons 1900

Aug 2, 2005, 12:47:46 PM8/2/05

"gatesofbabblelawn" <usu...@amd-p.only> wrote in message

That's right today is the day!!

Scott, have a great day. This place would be nothing without you.

slumpy

Aug 2, 2005, 1:42:04 PM8/2/05
It was a hot summer's day and gatesofbabblelawn popped out from behind a
tree wearing a hat made of leaves and a cheeky grin, saying:

> The first thing that jumps out at you about Wereo CD2, compared to CD1
> is that CD2 has 2 tracks.

It wasn't even split into tracks, aligned on sector boundaries and burned
without gaps ?

What an amateur job !!

> Overall, CD2 is a mixed bag of soaring peaks and corpse-spitting lows
> but evens out as a worthy middle section to the three part wereo.

How many corpses ?
--
slumpy
tradelist and images - http://tinyurl.com/4l7o4

wereo_gogg

Aug 2, 2005, 1:47:42 PM8/2/05
Thank you awl. This is shaping up as a Great Day, with gatesofbabbelawn
reviewing Wereo CD2, Squidhammer praising the virtues of Rare Earth and
Lemondrop coming in strong with the most important internet Birthday
Wishes for me on My Day.

Thank you awl. Gatesofbabbelawn I'm glad you're liking CD2 and your
references to "the Gates" on CD2 are duly noted for sure. I'm sure
you're gonna like CD3 best of awl; ths is the one where Sabbath and
Purple come in strong, and, well, the upcoming in the middle Rare Earth
rendition of I Just Wanna Celebrate is our Way of Life.

Such is the power of the Wereo! Yes, gatesofbabbelawn. That Rare Earth
thing you're probably grooving on right now I/S really one of the Wereo
Highlights fer sure. I hope you'll agree. That's the Song cued upon my
cassette recorder here awlways. Then it melts into Lazy and the Rest.
The SOTW thing on the Wereo CD3 is absolutely Way of Life also.

I guess ELP ain't your bag! Maybe it will be as the Wereo becomes more
and more a special part of your Life. It's Wereo AWELL THE WAY FOR
AWELL, the great Gatesofbabblawn!

I can't wait so read your review of Wereo CD3. If you like Purple and
Sabbath, well, that's the Disc for You!

Today's the Day, the Day of the Birthday. Thanks for noting that awlso,
gatesofbabbelawn. On to Wereo CD3 now >>>

UP-IN-SMOKE

Aug 2, 2005, 1:52:24 PM8/2/05

"Dt Lemons 1900" <YEAHRIGHT> wrote in message

Which place? This is in both shitholes.

;)

wereo_gogg

Aug 2, 2005, 3:38:23 PM8/2/05
Whatever it is, it's the biggest musical in the world. I forgot to ask
Malcolm to insert indexes into the CD Master when he created it.

Oh well lah dee dah Slurpshit...

slumpy

Aug 2, 2005, 6:13:57 PM8/2/05
It was a hot summer's day and wereo_gogg popped out from behind a tree

If you had used anyone worth a shit they would have asked.

gatesofbabblelawn

Aug 3, 2005, 12:09:44 AM8/3/05
"squid...@gmail.com" <squid...@gmail.com> wrote:

There may be more Rare Earth on Wereo CD3 so it can still happen, Squid.

gatesofbabblelawn

Aug 3, 2005, 12:12:39 AM8/3/05
In article <3l9phtF...@individual.net>,
"slumpy" <not...@privacy.net> wrote:

> It was a hot summer's day and gatesofbabblelawn popped out from behind a
> tree wearing a hat made of leaves and a cheeky grin, saying:
>
> > The first thing that jumps out at you about Wereo CD2, compared to CD1
> > is that CD2 has 2 tracks.
>
> It wasn't even split into tracks, aligned on sector boundaries and burned
> without gaps ?

I think he was going for a true analog feel like on the original tapes.
CD1 has one 60+ minute track, CD2 has two tracks I think one 20 minutes
and one 40+. I suspect CD3 may have three tracks to continue the pattern
but as I have not listened to it yet I cannot say.

> What an amateur job !!
>
> > Overall, CD2 is a mixed bag of soaring peaks and corpse-spitting lows
> > but evens out as a worthy middle section to the three part wereo.
>
> How many corpses ?

I am not very familiar with ELP but I would imagine a substantial amount.

gatesofbabblelawn

Aug 3, 2005, 12:14:34 AM8/3/05
In article <1123004862.7...@o13g2000cwo.googlegroups.com>,
"wereo_gogg" <scotta...@ixpres.com> wrote:

Hope your day has been going well, Scott. I haven't listened to CD3 yet
as I need the time to absorb the wereo properly. And maybe ELP will grow
on me like a fungus.

Love & Lady Kisses.Com

Aug 3, 2005, 12:13:28 AM8/3/05

"gatesofbabblelawn" <usu...@amd-p.only> wrote in message

Where do I get a copy fo these CDs? I'd like to know/understand what you're
referring to :)

~~~~~@@@@~~~~~~HAPPY BIRTHDAY SCOTT!!~~~~~~~@@@@~~~~~

Love & Lady Kisses,

Isabeaux

gatesofbabblelawn

Aug 3, 2005, 12:35:15 AM8/3/05
In article <IvXHe.817$SE3...@newssvr30.news.prodigy.com>,

You need only request them from Wereo Scott via email, Dear Lady. If he
deems you worthy you shall bask in the glory of the new intellect.

wereo_gogg

Aug 3, 2005, 6:36:40 AM8/3/05
Thank you Lady Zahboe. I feel "enlightened" now that you've given me
your Best Wishes on this Holy Day :-)

wereo_gogg

Aug 3, 2005, 6:37:39 AM8/3/05
The new intellect is what we're basking in :-)

slumpy

Aug 3, 2005, 10:32:37 AM8/3/05
It was a hot summer's day and gatesofbabblelawn popped out from behind a
tree wearing a hat made of leaves and a cheeky grin, saying:

> You need only request them from Wereo Scott via email, Dear Lady. If

> he deems you worthy you shall bask in the glory of the new intellect.

Don't forget the money.

gatesofbabblelawn

Aug 3, 2005, 10:49:39 AM8/3/05
In article <3lc2qkF...@individual.net>,
"slumpy" <not...@privacy.net> wrote:

> It was a hot summer's day and gatesofbabblelawn popped out from behind a
> tree wearing a hat made of leaves and a cheeky grin, saying:
>
> > You need only request them from Wereo Scott via email, Dear Lady. If
> > he deems you worthy you shall bask in the glory of the new intellect.
>
> Don't forget the money.

That's right, he is selling them. I think mine was a media review copy.

slumpy

Aug 3, 2005, 11:46:15 AM8/3/05
It was a hot summer's day and gatesofbabblelawn popped out from behind a
tree wearing a hat made of leaves and a cheeky grin, saying:

> In article <3lc2qkF...@individual.net>,
> "slumpy" <not...@privacy.net> wrote:
>
> > It was a hot summer's day and gatesofbabblelawn popped out from
> > behind a tree wearing a hat made of leaves and a cheeky grin,
> > saying:
> >
> > > You need only request them from Wereo Scott via email, Dear Lady.
> > > If he deems you worthy you shall bask in the glory of the new
> > > intellect.
> >
> > Don't forget the money.
>
> That's right, he is selling them. I think mine was a media review
> copy.

How nice of him. 30 cents a disc, and he's selling them. No artwork, no
remastering, no improvements, no editing, no tracks, no SB
allignments....just tape to disc crud.

And awl for the cheap price of saying something nice about him.

Does anyone else have a copy or was the queue too long ?

gatesofbabblelawn

Aug 3, 2005, 11:54:15 AM8/3/05
In article <3lc74nF...@individual.net>,
"slumpy" <not...@privacy.net> wrote:

> It was a hot summer's day and gatesofbabblelawn popped out from behind a
> tree wearing a hat made of leaves and a cheeky grin, saying:
>
> > In article <3lc2qkF...@individual.net>,
> > "slumpy" <not...@privacy.net> wrote:
> >
> > > It was a hot summer's day and gatesofbabblelawn popped out from
> > > behind a tree wearing a hat made of leaves and a cheeky grin,
> > > saying:

> > > Don't forget the money.
> >
> > That's right, he is selling them. I think mine was a media review
> > copy.
>
> How nice of him. 30 cents a disc, and he's selling them. No artwork, no
> remastering, no improvements, no editing, no tracks, no SB
> allignments....just tape to disc crud.
>
> And awl for the cheap price of saying something nice about him.
>
> Does anyone else have a copy or was the queue too long ?

Well Scott did autograph each disc and included an autographed photocopy
of his newspaper write-up "One Day in 1974" along with a yet unseen
wideo tape. So that is about the kind of thing you get in a decent box
set these days.

And don't go thinking that just because Scott sent me a review copy that
I would be predisposed to giving him a positive review, slumpy. I was
predisposed long before that.

And Scott offered to send me a set without it even being requested. A
true example of Wereontology at its finest.

slumpy

Aug 3, 2005, 1:02:05 PM8/3/05

I'm glad to know your predisposition was established w****-wise before
touching the condemned man's CDs. Wouldn't want anything underhand.

gatesofbabblelawn

Aug 3, 2005, 10:10:15 PM8/3/05
In article <3lcbisF...@individual.net>,
"slumpy" <not...@privacy.net> wrote:

Have to keep up appearances.

wereo_gogg

Aug 10, 2005, 10:18:49 PM8/10/05
Thank you Dear Lady Zahboe for the Birthday Wishes. I don't know how I
missed thanking you well for that.

Thank you everyone on this thread. It's one of our best, even with "the
distractions" in it.

~ THE WEREO IS THE ONLY 3 HOURS THAT MATTERS ~