Stolen Music Gear

Heller

Mar 27, 2011, 11:16:40 AM3/27/11
Hello Alt.Music.Chapel-Hill People,

Our band shed over at Ample Storage off Old Oxford Highway in Durham
was busted into early Saturday morning. Much Gear was taken. If, in
your travels, you come across anything in the shops around town (or on
the internets) that resemble the following, please let me know. we
would greatly appreciate it.

Thanks for reading,
Dave Heller
heller.dc at gmail dot com

Items Stolen:
Yamaha Electronic Combo Organ (Model No. YC-35)
pedal, black/green/red/white switches
Distinguishing Characteristics: Repaired cover with electrical tape,
tolex tear on front
Estimated Year: ~1970's

Ampeg VT-22 Combo Guitar Amplifier
cloth
Distinguishing Characteristic(s): Broken handle; Eminence
replacement speakers
Estimated Year: 1968-1975

Ampeg SVT1540 Bass Guitar Speaker Cabinet (1x15", 4x10")
configuration; towel/dolly bar
Distinguishing Characteristic(s): Silver/Blue grill cloth (not
typical for this particular cabinet)
Estimated Year: 1999

Hiwatt DR103 Guitar Amplifier Head
plate; small tear in bottom left of tolex
Distinguishing Characteristic(s): Hard-wired/attached power cord
(typically, these amps have separate power cords)
Estimated Year: 1978

Kustom 250 Guitar Amplifier Head
some light gray paint and scuffs on underside of amp
Estimated Year: ~1970's

E/V 2x10" Speaker Cabinet
logo under grill

2x12" Guitar Speaker Cabinet
Eminence Patriot - Texas Heat 12" Speakers

Ibanez Doubleneck Bass/Guitar (with hardshell case) -
finish; replacement guitar pickups; black pickguard
Distinguishing Characteristic(s): Custom metalworked pickguard
featuring images of mountains and birds and the letters "RECK"
Estimated Year: 1977

Gibson Firebird Electric Guitar (with hardshell case)
Distinguishing Characteristic(s): seymour duncan replacement
pickups;
Estimated Value: $1000
Estimated Year: 1991

Gibson Grabber Bass Guitar (with hardshell case)
Distinguishing Characteristic(s): "Heller" sticker on body; one
oddball tuning peg
Estimated Year: 1970's

Ampeg Super Stud Electric Guitar (with hardshell case)
logo on headstock is missing part of first "S"
Distinguishing Characteristic(s): replacement tuners; replacement
pickups
Estimated Year: 1973-1975

Glockenspiel - Student Model
loose bar
Estimated Value: $100

Crate PA Amplifier -
Distinguishing Characteristic(s): "Star Trek" sticker
Estimated Year: 1989

Evan Rowe

Mar 28, 2011, 8:12:21 PM3/28/11
Hi Friends

Maple Stave was out of town when this happened, so due to much of our gear
being with us in NY and the fact that Heller/Greer's gear is both nicer and
more proximate to the door, we got off very lightly. Only thing we know for
sure so far that's missing of ours is a

"Joe's" 1x15 Bass Cabinet

intended to allow stacking of multiple cabinets. Constructed of layers of
3/4" ply and 1/4" ply, covered with a fiberglass resin, then painted.
Speaker grill is perforated metal affixed with hex-head bolts and washers.
Speaker is an EVM-15B, 400W 8ohm. Approximately 20"x24"x18", and ported at
the bottom--these were built based on the EV TL606/Dietz specs. Has
"MPLSTV" stenciled in yellow paint on the top, though not likely any more.
Two (2) 1/4" phone jacks on the back, locking type with red tabs. No
manufacturer label; this was a small company out of Trenton in the
mid-80's.

A picture is here:
http://i656.photobucket.com/albums/uu288/evankrowe/AHbaritonerig.jpg

It's in the middle, on its side.

If you wouldn't mind keeping an eye out we'd appreciate it.

thanks

=Evan +MPLSTV

Olivia Hjermitslev

Sep 23, 2011, 12:03:24 PM9/23/11
On Mar 28, 8:12=A0pm, evankr...@gmail.com (Evan Rowe) wrote:
> Hi Friends
>
> Maple Stave was out of town when this happened, so due to much of our gea=
> being with us in NY and the fact that Heller/Greer's gear is both nicer a=
nd
> more proximate to the door, we got off very lightly. =A0Only thing we kno=

w for
> sure so far that's missing of ours is a
>
> "Joe's" 1x15 Bass Cabinet

> intended to allow stacking of multiple cabinets. =A0Constructed of layers=

of
> 3/4" ply and 1/4" ply, covered with a fiberglass resin, then painted.
> =A0Speaker grill is perforated metal affixed with hex-head bolts and wash=
ers.
> =A0Speaker is an EVM-15B, 400W 8ohm. =A0Approximately 20"x24"x18", and po=
rted at
> the bottom--these were built based on the EV TL606/Dietz specs. =A0Has
> "MPLSTV" stenciled in yellow paint on the top, though not likely any more=
.
> =A0Two (2) 1/4" phone jacks on the back, locking type with red tabs. =A0N=

> manufacturer label; this was a small company out of Trenton in the
> mid-80's.
>
> A picture is here:http://i656.photobucket.com/albums/uu288/evankrowe/AHba=

ritonerig.jpg

> It's in the middle, on its side.
>
> If you wouldn't mind keeping an eye out we'd appreciate it.
>
> thanks
>
> =3DEvan +MPLSTV

> On Sun, Mar 27, 2011 at 11:16 AM, Heller <heller...@gmail.com> wrote:
> > Hello Alt.Music.Chapel-Hill People,
>
> > Our band shed over at Ample Storage off Old Oxford Highway in Durham
> > was busted into early Saturday morning. Much Gear was taken. If, in
> > your travels, you come across anything in the shops around town (or on
> > the internets) that resemble the following, please let me know. we
> > would greatly appreciate it.
>
> > Thanks for reading,
> > Dave Heller
> > heller.dc at gmail dot com
>
> > Items Stolen:
> > Yamaha Electronic Combo Organ (Model No. YC-35)
> > =A0Description: wood grain top and black tolex bottom; built-in volume
> > pedal, black/green/red/white switches
> > =A0Distinguishing Characteristics: Repaired cover with electrical tape,
> > tolex tear on front
> > =A0Estimated Year: ~1970's

> > Ampeg VT-22 Combo Guitar Amplifier
> > =A0Description: 2-Channel combo amp, black tolex, blue/silver grill
> > cloth
> > =A0Distinguishing Characteristic(s): Broken handle; Eminence
> > replacement speakers
> > =A0Estimated Year: 1968-1975

> > Ampeg SVT1540 Bass Guitar Speaker Cabinet (1x15", 4x10")
> > =A0Description: Similar to SVT 8x10 cabinet, but different speaker
> > configuration; towel/dolly bar
> > =A0Distinguishing Characteristic(s): Silver/Blue grill cloth (not

> > typical for this particular cabinet)
> > =A0Estimated Year: 1999

> [...]

Evan, Please Call Alex Maiolo!

otis

Apr 4, 2011, 6:37:30 AM4/4/11
wow, that sucks. does ample storage have any insurance policy?

-matt boles