Today I blew up TYR

Brett Ames

Feb 15, 1998, 3:00:00 AM2/15/98

Good Heavens! Don't you think a better lesson for your daughter would
have been come from blowing up your copy of "Saturday Night Fever"?

Brett

Raddion wrote:

> Today my 10 year old daughter looked a little bored, we didnt do much this
> weekend. I had this M-100 that had been hanging around since summertime, so I
> asked her if she wanted to blow something up. We looked around in her toy box
> and the basement but we really couldn't find anything that needed blowing up,
> we were stumped. Then I had a brainstorm! "Hey Marissa, wanna blow up TYR?"....
> So we taped this big fat firecracker to Tyr, took it outside and put it on a
> rock. The phone rang, it was for me. Shit. A last minute reprieve for TYR? A
> phone call from "Governer" Iommi granting a full pardon? No such luck! The
> person on the phone asked me why I was planning to explode TYR and after a few
> words of explanation he agreed wholeheartedly that Tyr had to go, and the
> sooner the better! Back outside, lit the fuse and ran like hell!!! Nothing! A
> freaking dud! TYR survives?No, not this day..... ran downstairs and got the gas
> can, gasoline, the ultimate fuse! A few drops on the top of old Tyr, another
> match and BLAM!!!!! A one way ticket to Valhalla!!! P.S., took pictures, if
> they come out I'll post them!
> RADDION

Raddion

Feb 16, 1998, 3:00:00 AM2/16/98

Louisette Sunderland

Feb 16, 1998, 3:00:00 AM2/16/98

You probably also blew out your tiny little brain !!!

Raddion <rad...@aol.com> a écrit dans l'article
<19980216001...@ladder03.news.aol.com>...

Bill Montbleau

Feb 17, 1998, 3:00:00 AM2/17/98

: can, gasoline, the ultimate fuse! A few drops on the top of old Tyr, another

: match and BLAM!!!!! A one way ticket to Valhalla!!! P.S., took pictures, if
: they come out I'll post them!

Hey aren't you...no, it couldn't be. Oh my god, it's YOU!!!

Let's give Jeff Fehnholt a hearty welcome to alt.music.black-sabbath!!!

--
Bill M. 8)- | "Think of how stupid the average person is and realize that
gee...@wpi.edu | half of everybody is stupider than that." -George Carlin

Crawford Lee Seals

Feb 17, 1998, 3:00:00 AM2/17/98

Gary Lighthall wrote:

> On 16 Feb 1998 00:11:06 GMT, rad...@aol.com (Raddion) wrote:
>
> A few drops on the top of old Tyr, another
> >match and BLAM!!!!! A one way ticket to Valhalla!!! P.S., took pictures, if
> >they come out I'll post them!

> > RADDION
>
> Right fucking on. I bought that damn thing about two months back and
> it's the first time I couldn't get at least one or two tracks for a
> Sabbath compilation tape. Christ, it sounded like"Whitesnake salutes
> the Vikings, with your host, Tony Martin."
> Gary Lighthall
> Drinking Hell, raising beer

Yeah, I gotta agree. Will you be blowing up Headless Cross soon?

Crawdad

Steven Davies-Morris

Feb 17, 1998, 3:00:00 AM2/17/98

Gary Lighthall wrote in message
<34ea27fd...@netnews.netreach.net>...

>On 16 Feb 1998 00:11:06 GMT, rad...@aol.com (Raddion) wrote:
>
> A few drops on the top of old Tyr, another
>>match and BLAM!!!!! A one way ticket to Valhalla!!! P.S., took
>>pictures, if they come out I'll post them!
>> RADDION
>

>Right fucking on. I bought that damn thing about two months back
>and it's the first time I couldn't get at least one or two tracks for a
>Sabbath compilation tape. Christ, it sounded like"Whitesnake
>salutes the Vikings, with your host, Tony Martin."
>Gary Lighthall
>Drinking Hell, raising beer

Do you want to sell it? Or trade it? My copy disappeared under
mysterious circumstances last summer and I haven't got around to
replacing it. Let me know...

While I like the album (especially the prog-metal side 2), I must
admit to laughing like hell at Raddion's post!

Regards
Steven DM dav...@deltanet.com

Gary Lighthall

Feb 18, 1998, 3:00:00 AM2/18/98

Raddion

Feb 18, 1998, 3:00:00 AM2/18/98
Thanks Gary, I'm a little misty, this might be the first time somebody's
agreed with me on this freaking list! (just kidding, just kidding) "Whitesnake
salutes the Vikings,with your host, Tony Martin." Man, if I don't stop
laughing, I'm going to piss myself.
Raddion

Raddion

Feb 18, 1998, 3:00:00 AM2/18/98

Crawdad wrote:

>Gary Lighthall wrote:
>
>> On 16 Feb 1998 00:11:06 GMT, rad...@aol.com (Raddion) wrote:
>>
>> A few drops on the top of old Tyr, another
>> >match and BLAM!!!!! A one way ticket to Valhalla!!! P.S., took pictures,
>if
>> >they come out I'll post them!
>> > RADDION
>>
>> Right fucking on. I bought that damn thing about two months back and
>> it's the first time I couldn't get at least one or two tracks for a
>> Sabbath compilation tape. Christ, it sounded like"Whitesnake salutes
>> the Vikings, with your host, Tony Martin."
>> Gary Lighthall
>> Drinking Hell, raising beer
>
>Yeah, I gotta agree. Will you be blowing up Headless Cross soon?
>
>Crawdad

Actually, since I have disowned all non Ozzy Sabbath since my religious
experience at Ozzfest last June, I can't rule out blowing up any of the post
'79 stuff. In fact, now that you mention it, I have been wondering what to do
with this crap since I removed it from my Sabbath collection, which has
survived quite nicely thank you!
So I will blow them up, one at a time, even the ones I like! Ugh!
By the way, can anyone guess Raddion's favorite non-Ozzy Sabbath album? I will
send the first person who guesses correctly a killer Dio-Sabbath video bootleg,
just GUESS MY FAVORITE NON-OZZY SABBATH ALBUM (before my vow of Sabbathacy).
Raddion

JUNIOR'S EYES

Feb 18, 1998, 3:00:00 AM2/18/98

That Dio prize isn't going to be sent by way of Ted Kuzinski Airmail is
it????

Hard rock junkie

Feb 18, 1998, 3:00:00 AM2/18/98
to Raddion

Mob Rules? Do I win the prize?;^>

NStanev

"Nobody I know will ever take my rock'n'roll away from me."

--Black Sabbath

Sabbra Cadabra

Feb 18, 1998, 3:00:00 AM2/18/98

You guys are all drunk!!!
I also prefer the Ozzy to the post Ozzy...
However, having said that...
Aside from the Forbidden CD which is the
worst manure I have ever heard in my life;
I like all the post Ozzy material. It is different.

Let me ask you guys... If they called the band
The Tony Iommi Band & not Black Sabbath
would you like it then?

Zaida
"Sabbra Cadabra"
http://home.on.rogers.wave.ca/zaida
Black Sabbath tribute band from Toronto

JCRYIAD

Feb 18, 1998, 3:00:00 AM2/18/98

TYR will always be in my collection, I hardly ever listen to it, but anything
Iommi puts guitar on is worth owning, IMO.

Now when you start blowing up No Rest For The Wicked, and mid 80's Ozzy
records, I'll be able to relate.

JCRyiad
"I think the reason why they've *banned* it, is because it makes a lot of
people aware of the system"
Osbourne discussing marijuana
w/ Jim Ladd 1976

Gary Lighthall

Feb 18, 1998, 3:00:00 AM2/18/98

On 18 Feb 1998 02:04:53 GMT, rad...@aol.com (Raddion) wrote:

> Thanks Gary, I'm a little misty, this might be the first time somebody's
>agreed with me on this freaking list! (just kidding, just kidding) "Whitesnake
>salutes the Vikings,with your host, Tony Martin." Man, if I don't stop
>laughing, I'm going to piss myself.
> Raddion

Please, no urine. Save it for the flames of your post-Ozzy bonfire.
Be sure to wear your winged Viking helmet.

Gary Lighthall

Feb 18, 1998, 3:00:00 AM2/18/98

On Wed, 18 Feb 1998 12:40:46 -0500, "Sabbra Cadabra"
<Sab...@rogers.wave.ca> wrote:

>You guys are all drunk!!!
>I also prefer the Ozzy to the post Ozzy...
>However, having said that...
>Aside from the Forbidden CD which is the
>worst manure I have ever heard in my life;
>I like all the post Ozzy material. It is different.

I dig the shit outta all the Dio stuff, and think Eternal Idol
and Born Again are excellent also.

>Let me ask you guys... If they called the band
>The Tony Iommi Band & not Black Sabbath
>would you like it then?

Nope. For me, it has nothing to do with what the band is
calling itself. I wanted to like TYR, but damn if I couldn't squeeze
a single track out of it. At least Forbidden had "Can't Get Close
Enough."

JCRYIAD

Feb 18, 1998, 3:00:00 AM2/18/98

>Subject: Re: Today I blew up TYR
>From: li...@logikbox.com (Gary Lighthall)
>Date: Wed, Feb 18, 1998 13:41 EST

>I dig the shit outta all the Dio stuff, and think Eternal Idol
>and Born Again are excellent also. <<

EI is the worst Sabbath album ever recorded, IMO.

> Nope. For me, it has nothing to do with what the band is
>calling itself. I wanted to like TYR, but damn if I couldn't squeeze
>a single track out of it.

Heaven in Black, Valhalla, man, what do people want? HEaven in Black is a
fucking monster of a track. Blast that one and get back to me on there being
"not a single track".

At least Forbidden had "Can't Get Close
>Enough."

UUUuaaaarrrggh! That's about the worst song on Forbidden. "Kiss of Death", the
masterpiece of that album blows it away, so does Illusion of Power, Get A Grip,
Rusty Angels.

JCRyiad
"There were just so many things I couldn't relate to in this world. So I was
just looking down on it, and flying off the earth............."
Geezer Butler on "Snowblind" Nov. '74

Steven Davies-Morris

Feb 18, 1998, 3:00:00 AM2/18/98

JCRYIAD wrote in message
<19980218200...@ladder03.news.aol.com>...

>>Subject: Re: Today I blew up TYR
>>From: li...@logikbox.com (Gary Lighthall)
>>Date: Wed, Feb 18, 1998 13:41 EST
>
>>I dig the shit outta all the Dio stuff, and think Eternal Idol
>>and Born Again are excellent also. <<
>
>EI is the worst Sabbath album ever recorded, IMO.

*Headless Chickens* er *...Cross* is the worst one IMO. All that
devil/satan/murder/ghost/banshee/vampire stuff got a bit much. it
would have been better if I'd have re-written the words...much less
stooooooopid <grin>... though I can write stupid stuff too. I just
don't have a recording contract so I can share my stupidity with the
whole world! I quite like *Eternal Idol*, though quite a bit of it sort
of sounds like Tony had been checking out the harder-edged songs
from the last 3-4 Kansas albums before Livgren went AWOL into
the Xian music camp. *The Shining*, anyone?

>> Nope. For me, it has nothing to do with what the band is
>>calling itself. I wanted to like TYR, but damn if I couldn't squeeze
>>a single track out of it.
>
>Heaven in Black, Valhalla, man, what do people want? HEaven in
>Black is a fucking monster of a track. Blast that one and get back
>to me on there being "not a single track".

*Heaven In Black* is a godzilla of a song! *Valhalla* is great too,
IMO, though I can see exactly what Gary's getting at with his
*Whitesnake et al sing the Nordic Gods greatest beer-drinking
goose-stepping valkerie-maiden molesting songs* analogy! LOL!

>> At least Forbidden had "Can't Get Close Enough."
>>

>UUUuaaaarrrggh! That's about the worst song on Forbidden. "Kiss
>of Death", the masterpiece of that album blows it away, so does
>Illusion of Power, Get A Grip, Rusty Angels.

I'm with you on this JC. You can still get this at *Best Buy* for $5.99
a copy on cut-out. My son Trevor loves the cover! Again, I'll say that
if this stuff was named *The Tony Iommi Project* or *Tony Iommi's
Black Sabbath* instead of *Black Sabbath* it would be much better
received and appreciated than it is.

Stormtrooper On, lads...and don't trip on yer swords!
SDM (who is still willing to buy/trade for *Tyr*) dav...@deltanet.com

Vladimir Milovidov

Feb 18, 1998, 3:00:00 AM2/18/98

> Now when you start blowing up No Rest For The Wicked, and mid 80's Ozzy
> records, I'll be able to relate.

Ha! "No rest for the wicked" was my first thought when I've read
originan postings.

Cheers,
Vladimir.

Micah Nerren

Feb 18, 1998, 3:00:00 AM2/18/98

On 16 Feb 1998 00:11:06 GMT, rad...@aol.com (Raddion) wrote:

>Today my 10 year old daughter looked a little bored, we didnt do much this
>weekend. I had this M-100 that had been hanging around since summertime, so I
>asked her if she wanted to blow something up. We looked around in her toy box
>and the basement but we really couldn't find anything that needed blowing up,
>we were stumped. Then I had a brainstorm! "Hey Marissa, wanna blow up TYR?"....
> So we taped this big fat firecracker to Tyr, took it outside and put it on a
>rock. The phone rang, it was for me. Shit. A last minute reprieve for TYR? A
>phone call from "Governer" Iommi granting a full pardon? No such luck! The
>person on the phone asked me why I was planning to explode TYR and after a few
>words of explanation he agreed wholeheartedly that Tyr had to go, and the
>sooner the better! Back outside, lit the fuse and ran like hell!!! Nothing! A
>freaking dud! TYR survives?No, not this day..... ran downstairs and got the gas

>can, gasoline, the ultimate fuse! A few drops on the top of old Tyr, another

>match and BLAM!!!!! A one way ticket to Valhalla!!! P.S., took pictures, if
>they come out I'll post them!
> RADDION

Right on brother.

Bill Montbleau

Feb 19, 1998, 3:00:00 AM2/19/98

Black Sabbath: the only band where fans may enjoy blowing up some of their
albums.

(OK, Iron Maiden and the "I hate X Factor" crowd is an exception)

JWV262

Feb 19, 1998, 3:00:00 AM2/19/98

Bill M wrote:

>Black Sabbath: the only band where fans may enjoy blowing up some of >their
>albums.

Oh, Paul McCartney and Ted Nugent sacrificial offerings have been made to the
gods also around this house a few years back. Wings At the Speed of Sound made
for a good flaming frisbee, (nothing quite like the smell of a burning record)
and Cat Scratch Fever made good target practice with a BB gun. The cover to
that one also made a good dart board too...

JWV

Steven Davies-Morris

Feb 19, 1998, 3:00:00 AM2/19/98

Raddion wrote in message
<19980220001...@ladder02.news.aol.com>...
[re: *using atomic weapons on hated albums...]
>And Speak of the Devil, which is even worse, if thats possible!
> Raddion

ROTFL!!!! *Speak Of The Devil* may very well be the WORST live
album made by any rocker -- surpassing as a stinker ANY of the
*live* albums by Kiss!

Regards
SDM

Sabbra Cadabra

Feb 19, 1998, 3:00:00 AM2/19/98

I'm surprised you didn't like anything on TYR.
Anno Mundi the opening track is so heavy
when it kicks in. Such a heavy riff. Same with
Valhalla. For me, the only song I could stomach
on FORBIDDEN is the ballad I won't Cry For You.

Raddion

Feb 20, 1998, 3:00:00 AM2/20/98

jwv wrote:
>und this house a few years back. Wings At the Speed of Sound made
>for a good flaming frisbee, (nothing quite like the smell of a burning
>record)

HEY!!! I forgot about my vinyl! Now I have something to do this weekend. I'm
finally going to take care of Live Evil once and for all!!!! And Speak of the

Nickolay Boytchev Stanev

Feb 20, 1998, 3:00:00 AM2/20/98

On 19 Feb 1998, Bill Montbleau wrote:

> Black Sabbath: the only band where fans may enjoy blowing up some of their
> albums.
>

> (OK, Iron Maiden and the "I hate X Factor" crowd is an exception)

Hm, try Kiss and Carnival Of Souls, Metallica and (Re)Load, Judas
and Jugulator...;^>

NStanev

> --
> Bill M. 8)- | "Think of how stupid the average person is and realize that
> gee...@wpi.edu | half of everybody is stupider than that." -George Carlin
> ---------------|----------------http://www.wpi.edu/~geezer/-----------------|
> ASL1930-97RIP | BS97, MS98 WPI Mathematical Sciences Department.

NStanev

'

Feb 20, 1998, 3:00:00 AM2/20/98

On Thu, 19 Feb 1998 17:57:57 -0800, "Steven Davies-Morris"
<dav...@deltanet.com> wrote:

>Raddion wrote in message
><19980220001...@ladder02.news.aol.com>...
>[re: *using atomic weapons on hated albums...]

>>And Speak of the Devil, which is even worse, if thats possible!
>> Raddion
>

>ROTFL!!!! *Speak Of The Devil* may very well be the WORST live
>album made by any rocker -- surpassing as a stinker ANY of the
>*live* albums by Kiss!
>
>Regards
>SDM

Well, I'd have to say Kenny G live or Michael Bolton live are far more
evil recordings then SOTD.

Steven Davies-Morris

Feb 20, 1998, 3:00:00 AM2/20/98

''' wrote in message <34edad4a...@news.earthlink.net>...

Touche! Having had to sit through that exact double bill (5 years
ago), I can assure you that it was dull dull dull. But certainly not
*rock* by the most convoluted of definition-looting.

Cheers
SDM

Bill Montbleau

Feb 20, 1998, 3:00:00 AM2/20/98

: >Well, I'd have to say Kenny G live or Michael Bolton live are far more

: >evil recordings then SOTD.
:
: Touche! Having had to sit through that exact double bill (5 years

A double bill? And you had to sit through that?!? Oh how I truly pitty
thee! Hopefully they put the barf bags on the backs of seats like in
airplanes.

I might as well share a similar story with everybody (and I'll try to keep
it short):

In 7th grade my family went to see Miami Sound Machine (though by then
called "Gloria Estevan & Miami Sound Machine"). This was in Boston. A
local "band" of 5 singers, singing over some pre-programmed music, opened
up for them. They said it was their first real concert (i.e. a "concert"
amount of people). Nobody knew who they were at the time.

However, that opening band became famous within a year or two.

Years after that Miami Sound Machine conert, my father informed who that
now-famous opening band was.

It was New Kids on the Block.

So I, Bill M., the die-hard Sabbath fan, saw the very first New Kids on
the Block conert.

True story. Why on earth would I lie about such a thing?

Supernaut

Feb 20, 1998, 3:00:00 AM2/20/98
Bill,First e-mail me I have the number of a good psyicatrist,he can rid
you of that un-needed baggage ;)Now that SDM has us recalling "the worst
concert i had to sit through" heres my sad tale.The year was 1986 and
there was this girl I really wanted to get with.She called me up and
asked me If i`d like to go to a concert,I said sure! I asked what
concert and she said it was a surprise(and boy was it.)WEll I went over
to her house to pick her up,and was informed that her parents would be
driving us to the show(this struck me as kinda odd,but you`ll get the
picutre)Well to make a long story short and a painfull memory end,When
we pulled up outside the venue the marquee read "TONIGHT STRYPER and
special sermon by Pastor Scott Furman" to top it all off her parents
were going to the concert with us.THAT WAS ONE LONG NIGHT! the ride home
even longer.
Peace to thee brethern
Strypernaut

Gary Lighthall

Feb 21, 1998, 3:00:00 AM2/21/98

On 19 Feb 1998 17:42:10 GMT, jwv...@aol.com (JWV262) wrote:

>Bill M wrote:
>
>>Black Sabbath: the only band where fans may enjoy blowing up some of >their
>>albums.
>

>Oh, Paul McCartney and Ted Nugent sacrificial offerings have been made to the

>gods also around this house a few years back. Wings At the Speed of Sound made

>for a good flaming frisbee, (nothing quite like the smell of a burning record)

>and Cat Scratch Fever made good target practice with a BB gun. The cover to
>that one also made a good dart board too...
>
>JWV

Say it ain't so! Not The Nuge?! Jesus-god, he was the Babe Ruth of
the chunka-chunka riff for damn near a decade. Damn Yankees, sure.
So worthy of scorn and disdain it's sad (Night Ranger and Styxx
members with the Nuge?). The Nuge was America's guitar maestro.
Double Live Gonzo altered my DNA structure when I was thirteen. Cat
Scratch, especially, is brilliant in it's totally over the top kinda
way. "Workin' Hard, Playin Hard"? "Sweet Sally"? YYYYYOOOOOWWWWW!
I'm swingin' in on a vine for my next post.
My dog, the greatest non bi-pedal mammal to have ever lived,
is named Nuge. He is the Motor-City Mad-Dog. If he knows you're
talkin' shit about his name source....god help you.

Gary Lighthall

Feb 21, 1998, 3:00:00 AM2/21/98

On 18 Feb 1998 20:00:40 GMT, jcr...@aol.com (JCRYIAD) wrote:

>>Subject: Re: Today I blew up TYR
>>From: li...@logikbox.com (Gary Lighthall)
>>Date: Wed, Feb 18, 1998 13:41 EST
>
>>I dig the shit outta all the Dio stuff, and think Eternal Idol
>>and Born Again are excellent also. <<
>
>EI is the worst Sabbath album ever recorded, IMO.

The worst ever? I don't get that at all. The Shining? Ancient
Warrior? Those two tracks alone are drenched in enough Iommi krunch
to make it worth the price of the album. It seemed to be the last
truly strong album they did. But then again, this is coming from the
perspective of someone who thinks, hands down and pound for pound,
Never Say Die is the best album they ever did.

>> Nope. For me, it has nothing to do with what the band is
>>calling itself. I wanted to like TYR, but damn if I couldn't squeeze
>>a single track out of it.
>
>Heaven in Black, Valhalla, man, what do people want? HEaven in Black is a
>fucking monster of a track. Blast that one and get back to me on there being
>"not a single track".

I'm listening to it right now, trying to get a better grip on
it. While I don't find it to be unlistenable, I like Martin's
voice, he was great live in 94 when I saw them. But man, this
material is not even beginning to blow me away at all. The first
track has such a "Children of The Sea" intro going, I can't believe
Tony didn't see how similiar it was...anyway, the rest of the album
seems like it was put together by record company weenies. It just
sounds way too connect-the-dots. "Feels Good To Me" sounds like it
could have been a .38 Special song, maybe Kansas, or even a Lou Gramm
solo album <in my best Homer Simpson mental voice-Uuummmm, AOR>.
Honestly, I'd never get rid of it. Maybe it'll grow on me, 7th Star
did.
As far as one single track? Has to be Valhalla. Heaven In
Black? Nope, don't dig it.

> At least Forbidden had "Can't Get Close
>>Enough."
>
>UUUuaaaarrrggh! That's about the worst song on Forbidden. "Kiss of Death", the
>masterpiece of that album blows it away, so does Illusion of Power, Get A Grip,
>Rusty Angels.

Rusty Angels has its moments, especially in the middle where
Iommi leads over that powerful rythym part and takes right the fuck
off. But Can't Get Close Enough is classic Iommi riffage:
Pulverising. Martin's voice and locution are excellent on this
track. The cat can sing. The track itself, is so great. Slowly
building before the hammer falls. I think the riff is the strongest
since Dirty Women in pure stomp. Illusion Of Power, although
possessing a nice beginning, seemed like a leftover from TYR- too
conventional and kinda hokey. And Ice-T, god bless his rockin'
heart, didn't do much for it either. Kiss Of Death didn't kill me,
nor thrill me. Get A Grip is alright.
All in all, both albums seem to be two pretty mediocre
offerings. Forbidden being the better of the two.

>JCRyiad
>"There were just so many things I couldn't relate to in this world. So I was
>just looking down on it, and flying off the earth............."
>Geezer Butler on "Snowblind" Nov. '74

Gary Lighthall
Drinking Hell, raising beer

Crawford Lee Seals

Feb 21, 1998, 3:00:00 AM2/21/98

Gary Lighthall wrote:

> Gary Lighthall
> Drinking Hell, raising beer

Yeah, us Yanks always did metal with a totally different flavor. Man, old Nuge
(first two albums), old VH, and heroin-addicted Aerosmith, were great American
party bands. Those solos on "Strangehold" and "Writing on the Wall" sound like
melting butter on a hot summer day. Those were the days.

Crawdad

Nickolay Boytchev Stanev

Feb 21, 1998, 3:00:00 AM2/21/98

Hey, Screwednaut;^>, who/what is/are Stryper? Just curious...

Kenneth228

Feb 21, 1998, 3:00:00 AM2/21/98

Great role model super dad! I hope you were smoking a joint and drinking a beer
in you underware too.

ken

>From: rad...@aol.com (Raddion)<BR>

>Today my 10 year old daughter looked a little bored, we didnt do much
>this
>weekend. I had this M-100 that had been hanging around since summertime, so
>asked her if she wanted to blow something up. We looked around in her toy
>box
>and the basement but we really couldn't find anything that needed blowing
>up

Vladimir Milovidov

Feb 21, 1998, 3:00:00 AM2/21/98

> Hey, Screwednaut;^>, who/what is/are Stryper? Just curious...

Christian glam-metal band, aren't they?

Cheers,
Vladimir.

Sabbra Cadabra

Feb 21, 1998, 3:00:00 AM2/21/98

Why would a true Sabbath fan blow up any album?
Are we recreating the Beatles era, bon fire days?
Sabbath started it all. Mark I was the Ozzy days
It set a new path for all Hard Rock/Metal bands to follow.
It opened new & doors so we may all enjoy!!!

They lost Ozzy...Get over it & move on & learn to
appreciate all of what Black Sabbath have to offer
regardless of who is singing, playing, drums, etc.
I believe we should be supportive & appreciate
all that Black Sabbath have to offer.

Criticize, debate & opinions are great & what make
this NG the best. But the use of EXPLOSIVES (even
pretend ones!!!) may be a bit over the edge!!!

The above is my opinion on this subject. I love all of
the Sabbath albums, some more than others. Big
disappointment with FORBIDDEN, but anxiously
await the (seems to be a decade in making) new
Tony Iommi solo project. I bet that the record execs
make him call this one Black Sabbath too. Maybe
'7th Star II' by Black Sabbath featuring Tony Iommi.

Zaida
"Sabbra Cadabra"
http://home.on.rogers.wave.ca/zaida
Black Sabbath tribute band from Toronto

Gary Lighthall wrote in message <34ea27fd...@netnews.netreach.net>...

>On 16 Feb 1998 00:11:06 GMT, rad...@aol.com (Raddion) wrote:
>

> A few drops on the top of old Tyr, another
>>match and BLAM!!!!! A one way ticket to Valhalla!!! P.S., took pictures,
if
>>they come out I'll post them!
>> RADDION
>

>Right fucking on. I bought that damn thing about two months back and
>it's the first time I couldn't get at least one or two tracks for a
>Sabbath compilation tape. Christ, it sounded like"Whitesnake salutes
>the Vikings, with your host, Tony Martin."

Supernaut

Feb 21, 1998, 3:00:00 AM2/21/98
Yes,Stryper was a mid 80`s glam metal band,and there gimick was singing
for christ.The wore yellow and black stripped spandex and had the big
hair and eye shadow.Now I have nothing against using religeon in
music,but thse guys were just faking it.not only was the music so
predeictable,boring,and utterly horrible,A friend of mine worked for
there record company and said that when he went to parties ther was
stryper sucking down the booze,smoking the "herbal rememdies",doing the
face flour,and taking the ocaisonal "Dirty Woman" back to the hotel
room.I dont have a problem with that but they would do interveiws and
say how they were so into the lord,and critisise other bands for being
partiers and sinners.Thats where I had the problem.
Peace,
Supernaut

Raddion

Feb 22, 1998, 3:00:00 AM2/22/98

>Why would a true Sabbath fan blow up any album?
>Are we recreating the Beatles era, bon fire days?
>Sabbath started it all. Mark I was the Ozzy days
>It set a new path for all Hard Rock/Metal bands to follow.
>It opened new & doors so we may all enjoy!!!
>
>They lost Ozzy...Get over it & move on & learn to
>appreciate all of what Black Sabbath have to offer
>regardless of who is singing, playing, drums, etc.
>I believe we should be supportive & appreciate
>all that Black Sabbath have to offer.
>
>Criticize, debate & opinions are great & what make
>this NG the best. But the use of EXPLOSIVES (even
>pretend ones!!!) may be a bit over the edge!!!

It sounds like you're questioning my loyalty as a fan! Hmmm.......
I'd love to see the look on Tony's face if he found out I blew up Tyr. He'd
probably laugh. I know Ozzy would. It was just a mischievous act on a winter
afternoon. Don't be so uptight, I worry about you! Besides, the sad truth is,
Tyr didn't deserve the spectacular finale. A simple toss into the trashcan
would have been more fitting. I'll bet if you asked Iommi to play a riff off of
Tyr, he would completely blank out. If Tyr isn't the worst, then what is?
Raddion

Parasite

Feb 22, 1998, 3:00:00 AM2/22/98

I heard it was the bassist Tim Gaines who had to leave the band because he
was into the booze, drugs, and women. I had no idea it was the other guys
even though I'm not surprised a bit about the fact that they did that
shit. I kinda liked some of their songs though. I must admit, even though
glam rockers get a lot of bad rap, I still think some of their tunes are
pretty catchy. I bought a TNT record today for $.25 just to hear what
Ronnie Le Teckro had to offer and he was pretty good. However, the band
sucks some shit. It's just cheesy, really pathetic stuff. But the guy can
play. I also bought an MSG record for the same price to hear Schenker rip
it up and he does some ripping and the music just sucks a fatty. Now, both
these players are great musicians playing cheesy big hair metal and they
suck when it comes to playing good songs. There were some bands back in
the day like Stryper for example who could play some good cheesy metal big
hair crap and I mean that when I'm refering to it in the context of cheesy
big hair metal or hard rock. Believe me, I don't listen to this music
ever, but I can't say that it is completely devoid of any musicality. It's
more disappointing for me to see Schenker put out some cheesy crap with a
Glenn Hughes type voice wailing over some shitty song because he's such a
great player and I know he's so much better than that. When I hear Stryper
(which hasn't been for about ten years) and if I hear a good Stryper song,
I'll take it for what it's worth, and from what I remember it's a hell of
a lot better than that kind of bullshit that Schenker was putting out in
the mid-80's.

Vladimir Milovidov

Feb 22, 1998, 3:00:00 AM2/22/98

Greetings, Parasite!

On Sun, 22 Feb 1998 04:04:17 -0400, kil...@kiss.me.here (Parasite)
wrote:

> play. I also bought an MSG record for the same price to hear Schenker rip
> it up and he does some ripping and the music just sucks a fatty. Now, both

What album it was? "Written in the Sand"? I also considered to get it,
but if it sucks?? MSG first several albums were classics, esp.
"Assault Attack" with Bonnet...

> these players are great musicians playing cheesy big hair metal and they
> suck when it comes to playing good songs. There were some bands back in
> the day like Stryper for example who could play some good cheesy metal big
> hair crap and I mean that when I'm refering to it in the context of cheesy
> big hair metal or hard rock. Believe me, I don't listen to this music
> ever, but I can't say that it is completely devoid of any musicality. It's
> more disappointing for me to see Schenker put out some cheesy crap with a
> Glenn Hughes type voice wailing over some shitty song because he's such a
> great player and I know he's so much better than that. When I hear Stryper
> (which hasn't been for about ten years) and if I hear a good Stryper song,
> I'll take it for what it's worth, and from what I remember it's a hell of
> a lot better than that kind of bullshit that Schenker was putting out in
> the mid-80's.

RIght... While I wouldn't deny the fact that _some_ of that artists
had some signs of talent, and there were even good songs here and
where, it's not a kind of music I would like to listen at all. And to
hear some good artist turning to this genre, is a pity, like
Coverdale, for example... There were some good _real_ glam artists,
e.g. Slade, Sweet, sometimes even Queen, or even Nazareth. They all
were highly talented and made some superb albums. BTW I was on
Nazareth concert, 14th february, it was awesome show. Only pity is
abscence of Manny Charlton, some young gutarist with shaved head (!!)
was instead him.. :-(

Cheers,

-- Vladimir Milovidov,
<uh...@aha.ru>

Russian Uriah Heep page: "http://www.aha.ru/~uheep"
English Uriah Heep page: "http://www.geocities.com/SunsetStrip/6347"
Official John Lawton page: "http://www.aha.ru/~uheep/lawton"

Vladimir Milovidov

Feb 22, 1998, 3:00:00 AM2/22/98

> It sounds like you're questioning my loyalty as a fan! Hmmm.......
> I'd love to see the look on Tony's face if he found out I blew up Tyr. He'd
> probably laugh. I know Ozzy would.

Ozzy would laugh to see someone blowing Tyr?? Oh, surely. How about
Ozzy seen someone blowing "No rest for the wicked"? I doudt he will do
some happy grin watching it... :-)

It's kinda like old story of a discussion that one soviet journalist
had with american... (I guess it from early 80s)...

American: "USA is free country, for example I can just came near to
Whitehouse and shout 'Reagan is fool'!!! Can you do the same in
Russia"...
Soviet: "Why not, I also can go near the Kremlin and shout 'Reagan is
fool'."

:-) :-) Hope my translation is OK.
(BTW happy that times has gone for good).

>It was just a mischievous act on a winter
> afternoon. Don't be so uptight, I worry about you! Besides, the sad truth is,
> Tyr didn't deserve the spectacular finale. A simple toss into the trashcan
> would have been more fitting. I'll bet if you asked Iommi to play a riff off of
> Tyr, he would completely blank out. If Tyr isn't the worst, then what is?
> Raddion

When last time I tried to make a my own "Top" of BS albums, Tyr was
second after Dehumanizer. So opinions varies, aren't they. I also
bought videocassette of Crosspurposes live, and I almost don't
understand why everyone was so heavy about Martin's voice. He is
awesome performer, he know how to act on stage, his voice was strong
and reliable. But of course he wasn't as good on high notes, but I
guess nobody knew that because he altered each line with high notes to
the way that would be suitable to him... But BS with Ozzy did same
thing! So, in my opinion, why to expect BS on concert singing song in
exactly same way as in studio? It just would be not interesting to
watch the show. BEING on the show - maybe.

I agree with a poster who said that most problems Martin had with his
own songs... But he did very impressive versions of "I witness", "Anno
Mundi" (although I expect they did that nice choruses part in the
beginning), etc, etc... His singing Dio tunes is also very good. I
surprise that he hadn't use his lower range in studio more than he
had. It sounded very powerful on that tape. Maybe there was kind of
"Gillen's curse" - Gillen did vocal parties with high voice and Martin
had to follow him... And on next albums, everyone expected him to hit
high notes again. But why the hell any singer need to hit high notes?
Is it a sing of vocal qualities? In more modern metal music, there are
a lot of singers who surely can scream through whole album like
someone squeezed <snip>, but their voice doesn't have a small bit of
emotions that every BS singer past and present can show...

More about CPlive, it's also great thing to see Iommi and Geezer
playing together, it's a pleasure to see it... Maybe Tony Martin looks
a but "usual" for being BS frontman... Maybe...

Henrik Hyyppä

Feb 23, 1998, 3:00:00 AM2/23/98

Steven Davies-Morris wrote:

Someone else wrote:
> >Well, I'd have to say Kenny G live or Michael Bolton live are far more
> >evil recordings then SOTD.
> >
> Touche! Having had to sit through that exact double bill (5 years

> ago), I can assure you that it was dull dull dull. But certainly not
> *rock* by the most convoluted of definition-looting.

Certainly you have not suffered the absolute boringness
mr. Phil Collins in "action". Never ever again:)

Henrik H.

Harri Tuominen

Feb 23, 1998, 3:00:00 AM2/23/98

Kenneth228 wrote:

> Great role model super dad! I hope you were smoking a joint and drinking a beer
> in you underware too.
>
> ken

How about that infamous Psycho Dad (from TV series Married With
Children)? :-)

Astar

JWV262

Feb 23, 1998, 3:00:00 AM2/23/98

Gary responded in disbelief:

>Say it ain't so! Not The Nuge?! Jesus-god, he was the Babe Ruth of
>the chunka-chunka riff for damn near a decade.

Yeah... The Nuge got it... Only Cat Scratch Fever though for reasons being
very, very, dopey lyrics plopped on top of really, really, good riffs...
Otherwise, the guy is a rock-god.
Hey, how come no-one's started an Iommi vs The Nuge thread?

JWV

Gary Lighthall

Feb 25, 1998, 3:00:00 AM2/25/98

On 21 Feb 1998 13:11:19 GMT, kenne...@aol.com (Kenneth228) wrote:

>Great role model super dad! I hope you were smoking a joint and drinking a beer
>in you underware too.
>
>ken

I don't know about him, but I am.
I have one boot on though, does that count?

J. Blade

Feb 25, 1998, 3:00:00 AM2/25/98

Then you can help SDM pick up them there .303 shells in the pick up truck.
:-) Personally, whenever I blow something up (and I have, but not a
Sabbath tape) I prefer something other than a firecracker, like C4, DM 12,
or RDX. I know, I know, there are the TNT, and Dynamite lovers, but
personally I'm a Plastique man. Oh Oh, I hope I haven't started a
plastique vs TNT thread!
--
The world is full of kings and queens
Who blind your eyes then steal your dreams

Johnny Blade

Gary Lighthall <li...@logikbox.com> wrote in article
<34f37fb...@netnews.netreach.net>...