tony martin era

Bryan Lewis

Mar 1, 1999, 3:00:00 AM3/1/99
man this guy gets bashed a lot. no hes not DIO
but hes good, some say he faded with "forbidden" but i thought it was
sabbaths best work since :headless cross. a beginning to end album that
flows, rocks, and seems like the band is on the same page. weird that
IRS would delete its sabbath records after the reunion, did IRS go under
or something> anyway "cross purposes" whets the appetite for
"forbidden" in my opinion, signs of life on "cross purposes" and a band
on track with "forbidden"

quorthon

Mar 2, 1999, 3:00:00 AM3/2/99
Too bad the production was butchered by Ernie C.Some good songs,but I prefer
Cross Purposes.

Bryan Lewis wrote in message
<7911-36D...@newsd-163.iap.bryant.webtv.net>...

JCRYIAD

Mar 2, 1999, 3:00:00 AM3/2/99
>quorthon wrote:

>Too bad the production was butchered by Ernie C.Some good songs,but I prefer
>Cross Purposes.

I do as well, but for other reasons other than production. I like the
production on Forbidden with the exception of the drum sound, but CP beats it
by a mile IMO. "Kiss of Death" was the best thing they'd done since who knows
when though.

JCRyiad
"I don't know the key to success, but the key to failure is to try to
please everyone."
-Bill Cosby

HittMann98

Mar 3, 1999, 3:00:00 AM3/3/99
To me Eternal Idol, and Cross Purposes
were excellent albums. Tony Martin did a
good job with Sabbath.

Tommy Hittmann

NeonKnights

Mar 4, 1999, 3:00:00 AM3/4/99
On Mon, 1 Mar 1999 23:22:40 -0600 (CST), lew...@webtv.net (Bryan
Lewis) wrote:

>man this guy gets bashed a lot. no hes not DIO
>but hes good, some say he faded with "forbidden" but i thought it was
>sabbaths best work since :headless cross. a beginning to end album that
>flows, rocks, and seems like the band is on the same page. weird that
>IRS would delete its sabbath records after the reunion, did IRS go under
>or something> anyway "cross purposes" whets the appetite for
>"forbidden" in my opinion, signs of life on "cross purposes" and a band
>on track with "forbidden"

I am a huge fan of Martin, and I agree with you, I don't know why he
gets bashed. He sounds terrific with Sab...Cross Purposes is
wonderful. I apprecaite the old school and usually don't like what
bands have become in the 1990s, but I can say I dig Tony Martin!

"There's perfect harmony, in the rising and the falling of the sea. And as we sail along, I never fail to be astounded by the things we'll do for promises...and a song." --Ronnie James Dio / All the Fools Sail Away

†Wicked World†

Mar 4, 1999, 3:00:00 AM3/4/99
I like them all. But the Martin ones that stand out the most for me
were "The Eternal Idol, Headless Cross," and "TYR." As a matter of fact,
I'm jamming to "The Eternal Idol" right now.

† Wicked World †
† The world today is such a wicked place †
sab...@neo.rr.com

HittMann98 wrote in message <19990303023135...@ng109.aol.com>...
:To me Eternal Idol, and Cross Purposes

Nudge 96

Mar 14, 1999, 3:00:00 AM3/14/99
i saw Tony Martin on the headless cross tour and thought he was
excellent.....any idea what he's doing know?

Raddion

Mar 15, 1999, 3:00:00 AM3/15/99
I believe he is a New York City cab driver.