Does anyone know this song?

Elizabeth Stagg

Dec 1, 1993, 11:40:18 PM12/1/93
Hi...I heard a dialogue on a rodaio here at a local alternative staion
and was wondering if anyone would knwo what it was?
It was played right before music to a song. The whole thing was
silent and then you all of a sudden heard a male voice that said:

Male Voice: On a cold dark night would you offer your throat to
the wolf with the red roses?
Female Voice: Would he offer me his teeth?
Male Voice: Yes
Female Voice: Would he offer me his lips?
Male Voice: Yes
Femal Voice: WOuld he offer me his jaw?
Male voice: Yes
Female Voice: Would he offer me his hunger>
Male Voice: Yes.
Female Voice: Again...would he offer me his hunger?
Male voice: yes.
Female Voice: Then...yes.
Male Voice: ON a cold dark night you would offer your throat to
the wold with the red roses?
Female Voice: Yes.
Male Voice: I bet you say that to all the boys.

Then the music started nad I was enraptured! I coudln't figure out
what this was though I thought it was really cool.
so if anyone could help me I would love you to death...email or a
follow post is cool...

Lyzz
lyz...@camelot.bradley.edu

--
"Women have a hard enough time in this world, telling them the
truth would be to cruel." -H.L. Mencken

JAY D. CUSTINE

Dec 2, 1993, 12:22:54 AM12/2/93
In article <lyzard.754806831@camelot> lyz...@camelot.bradley.edu (Elizabeth Stagg) writes:

>Hi...I heard a dialogue on a rodaio here at a local alternative staion
>and was wondering if anyone would knwo what it was?
>It was played right before music to a song. The whole thing was
>silent and then you all of a sudden heard a male voice that said:

>Male Voice: On a cold dark night would you offer your throat to
> the wolf with the red roses?
>Female Voice: Would he offer me his teeth?
>Male Voice: Yes
>Female Voice: Would he offer me his lips?
>Male Voice: Yes
>Femal Voice: WOuld he offer me his jaw?
>Male voice: Yes
>Female Voice: Would he offer me his hunger>
>Male Voice: Yes.
>Female Voice: Again...would he offer me his hunger?
>Male voice: yes.
>Female Voice: Then...yes.
>Male Voice: ON a cold dark night you would offer your throat to
> the wold with the red roses?
>Female Voice: Yes.
>Male Voice: I bet you say that to all the boys.

Meatloaf: I can't remember the name of the song, but its on _Bat Out Of Hell_

- - -
"No eternal reward will forgive us now for wasting the dawn" / | \
- Jim Morrison / | \
| | |
custinejd95%cs...@cadetmail.usafa.af.mil | /|\ |
| / | \ |
Jay D. Custine \ / | \ /
P.O. Box 5371 \ | /
USAFA, CO 80841 (719)472-4304 - - -

Jeanne Fromer

Dec 2, 1993, 1:54:48 AM12/2/93
In article <CUSTINEJD95%CS3...@cadetmail.usafa.af.mil>,

JAY D. CUSTINE <CUSTINEJD95%CS...@cadetmail.usafa.af.mil> wrote:
>In article <lyzard.754806831@camelot> lyz...@camelot.bradley.edu (Elizabeth Stagg) writes:
>
>>Hi...I heard a dialogue on a rodaio here at a local alternative staion
>>and was wondering if anyone would knwo what it was?
>>It was played right before music to a song. The whole thing was
>>silent and then you all of a sudden heard a male voice that said:
>
>>Male Voice: On a cold dark night would you offer your throat to
>> the wolf with the red roses?
>>Female Voice: Would he offer me his teeth?
>>Male Voice: Yes
>>Female Voice: Would he offer me his lips?
>>Male Voice: Yes
>>Femal Voice: WOuld he offer me his jaw?
>>Male voice: Yes
>>Female Voice: Would he offer me his hunger>
>>Male Voice: Yes.
>>Female Voice: Again...would he offer me his hunger?
>>Male voice: yes.
>>Female Voice: Then...yes.
>>Male Voice: ON a cold dark night you would offer your throat to
>> the wold with the red roses?
>>Female Voice: Yes.
>>Male Voice: I bet you say that to all the boys.
>
>Meatloaf: I can't remember the name of the song, but its on _Bat Out Of Hell_

It's "You Took the Words Right Out of My Mouth (Hot Summer Night)".

> - - -
>"No eternal reward will forgive us now for wasting the dawn" / | \
> - Jim Morrison / | \
> | | |
>custinejd95%cs...@cadetmail.usafa.af.mil | /|\ |
> | / | \ |
> Jay D. Custine \ / | \ /
> P.O. Box 5371 \ | /
> USAFA, CO 80841 (719)472-4304 - - -

Jeannie Fromer
jf...@columbia.edu

KERRY E FITZGERALD

Dec 3, 1993, 2:58:42 PM12/3/93
In <CUSTINEJD95%CS3...@cadetmail.usafa.af.mil> CUSTINEJD95%CS...@cadetmail.usafa.af.mil writes:

> In article <lyzard.754806831@camelot> lyz...@camelot.bradley.edu (Elizabeth Stagg) writes:
>
> >Hi...I heard a dialogue on a rodaio here at a local alternative staion
> >and was wondering if anyone would knwo what it was?
> >It was played right before music to a song. The whole thing was
> >silent and then you all of a sudden heard a male voice that said:
>
> >Male Voice: On a cold dark night would you offer your throat to
> > the wolf with the red roses?
> >Female Voice: Would he offer me his teeth?
> >Male Voice: Yes
> >Female Voice: Would he offer me his lips?
> >Male Voice: Yes
> >Femal Voice: WOuld he offer me his jaw?
> >Male voice: Yes
> >Female Voice: Would he offer me his hunger>
> >Male Voice: Yes.
> >Female Voice: Again...would he offer me his hunger?
> >Male voice: yes.
> >Female Voice: Then...yes.
> >Male Voice: ON a cold dark night you would offer your throat to
> > the wold with the red roses?
> >Female Voice: Yes.
> >Male Voice: I bet you say that to all the boys.
>
> Meatloaf: I can't remember the name of the song, but its on _Bat Out Of Hell_

isn't it from that song with a title something like "making love by the
dashboard light"?

--daedalia
stu_ke...@vax1.acs.jmu.edu

Dave S Waite

Dec 4, 1993, 4:44:07 PM12/4/93
KERRY E FITZGERALD (STU_KE...@VAX1.ACS.JMU.EDU) wrote:
: In <CUSTINEJD95%CS3...@cadetmail.usafa.af.mil> CUSTINEJD95%CS...@cadetmail.usafa.af.mil writes:

: > In article <lyzard.754806831@camelot> lyz...@camelot.bradley.edu (Elizabeth Stagg) writes:
: >
: > >Hi...I heard a dialogue on a rodaio here at a local alternative staion
: > >and was wondering if anyone would knwo what it was?
: > >It was played right before music to a song. The whole thing was
: > >silent and then you all of a sudden heard a male voice that said:
: >
: > >Male Voice: On a cold dark night would you offer your throat to
: > > the wolf with the red roses?
: > >Female Voice: Would he offer me his teeth?

: isn't it from that song with a title something like "making love by the
: dashboard light"?

You're thinking of "Paradise by the Dashboard Lights". This song, however,
is "You Took the Words Right out of My Mouth".

: --daedalia
: stu_ke...@vax1.acs.jmu.edu

: >
: > -----------------------------------------------------------------------------
: > - - -
: > "No eternal reward will forgive us now for wasting the dawn" / | \
: > - Jim Morrison / | \
: > | | |
: > custinejd95%cs...@cadetmail.usafa.af.mil | /|\ |
: > | / | \ |
: > Jay D. Custine \ / | \ /
: > P.O. Box 5371 \ | /
: > USAFA, CO 80841 (719)472-4304 - - -
: > -----------------------------------------------------------------------------

DAVE S. WAITE # just because i'm paranoid, it doesn't mean
dwa...@uoguelph.ca # that there's no one after me. =8-o
Flagg # --kai-- Beta Theta Pi

as...@aurora.alaska.edu

Dec 5, 1993, 7:29:13 AM12/5/93
Bingo...you've probably got a ton of answers to this already, but the song is
"You Took The Words Right Out Of My Mouth" off of Meatloaf's first album, _Bat
Out Of Hell_. Good, good album...awesome music.

Woody

Legion

Dec 3, 1993, 3:00:00 PM12/3/93
L>melot>
L>Newsgroup: alt.music.alternative
L>From: lyz...@camelot.bradley.edu (Elizabeth Stagg)

L>Hi...I heard a dialogue on a rodaio here at a local alternative staion
L>and was wondering if anyone would knwo what it was?
L>It was played right before music to a song. The whole thing was
L>silent and then you all of a sudden heard a male voice that said:

L>Male Voice: On a cold dark night would you offer your throat to
L> the wolf with the red roses?

etc.

Um, I 'm real sorry I know this but it from Meatloaf's album Bat Out of
Hell. It's the introduction to the song "You Took the Words Right Out of
My Mouth"

embarassed and shamefaced he turned away....

---
~ CmpQwk #UNREG~ UNREGISTERED EVALUATION COPY

Anaxander Mahanaxer

Dec 6, 1993, 1:29:40 PM12/6/93
>Hi...I heard a dialogue on a rodaio here at a local alternative staion
>and was wondering if anyone would knwo what it was?
>It was played right before music to a song. The whole thing was
>silent and then you all of a sudden heard a male voice that said:

(stuff deleted)

>Then the music started nad I was enraptured! I coudln't figure out
>what this was though I thought it was really cool.
>so if anyone could help me I would love you to death...email or a
>follow post is cool...

It's by Meatloaf, from "Bat Out of Hell" and its called "Hot Summer Night"
(or something like, the second song on the record). Good song. Great
album, much better than the trash he recently put out.

--darren

Paul Klump

Dec 6, 1993, 5:16:43 PM12/6/93

Paul Klump

Dec 6, 1993, 5:17:58 PM12/6/93

Paul Klump

Dec 6, 1993, 5:21:50 PM12/6/93
This is just a test.

Paul Klump

Dec 6, 1993, 5:22:30 PM12/6/93

Paul Klump

Dec 6, 1993, 5:27:47 PM12/6/93
Sorry my posts keep screwing up. My main point is slamming in a small venue = GOOD, large venue/ festival BAD. When I get over my computer problems I'll explain why but for now this will have to do. I'll be waiting for reponses.

Peace out y'all from Paul

Paul Klump

Dec 6, 1993, 5:37:29 PM12/6/93

P.L. Steppic

Dec 7, 1993, 1:26:42 AM12/7/93
In article <1993Dec6.2...@pool.info.sunyit.edu> u...@pool.info.sunyit.edu (Paul Klump) writes:
>This is just a test.

IT WORKS ALREADY!!!
--
//////////^\\\\\\\\\\ +------------------------+
<<<<<<<< Pat >>>>>>>> | "That cat's something |

Jim Krill

Dec 12, 1993, 11:03:17 PM12/12/93
In article <CHH65...@hub.cs.jmu.edu> STU_KE...@VAX1.ACS.JMU.EDU (KERRY E FITZGERALD) writes:
>In <CUSTINEJD95%CS3...@cadetmail.usafa.af.mil> CUSTINEJD95%CS...@cadetmail.usafa.af.mil writes:
>
>> In article <lyzard.754806831@camelot> lyz...@camelot.bradley.edu (Elizabeth Stagg) writes:
>>
>> Meatloaf: I can't remember the name of the song, but its on _Bat Out Of Hell_
>>
>isn't it from that song with a title something like "making love by the dashboa>rd lights.

Your thinking of "Paradise By the Dashboard Lights". The song being referred
to is, "You Took the Words Right Out of My Mouth" with the introduction titled
"Hot Summer Night" as you probably could guess.

Jim