Critters Buggin¹ in Anchorage...

1 view

Woody Hanscom

Jan 2, 1995, 8:41:02 AM1/2/95
Just thought Iąd babble a moment about this...

For those who might be interested, Critters Bugginą played a New Yearąs
party up here in Anchorage, Alaska. Pretty damn good show, too.

One opening local band, Sleeve, put on a pretty impressive show for a
group whoąve only been around for three months. then some mid-band bits by
local anti-heroine Miss Spenard Ś94 (kind of a seedy area of town...youąd
have to know anchorage to understand, I think) and friends, then on to the
show.

The critters played three solid sets, opening each one with help from bass
player Lonnie Marshall (a name Iąm not sure if I should recognize). Kept
the audience moving all the way through, with the back half of the floor
dancing, and the front half slamming back and forth in a semi-controlled
frenzy. Quite fun, really.

Two things marked this particular show. One, this was a bit of a
record-release party, as this was the first Critters performance since
they released their first album. Secondly, they invited onstage to help
jam with them the person whoąs record label released their album...I donąt
know the name of the label, but the guest guitarist was none other than
Stone Gossard. Made for quite a fun night, and an awesome concert. Great
way to start the year off...

Woody Hanscom
    wo...@alaska.net

łi tried i gave up i threw it away˛