Butterfly Wings???

Mark Secker

Nov 25, 1993, 8:03:50 PM11/25/93

Hot damm who plays this tasty bit of industrial pop? heard it on the
local station (JJJ) a few days ago but missed the bands name - sounds
a bit like Max Q on steroids.

Mark Secker

I'm not changing my lines |All views expressed here []
I'm not loosing my mind |- though drawn from many ||
I'm just learning new things |sources - have been blended / \
with the passing of time. |and distilled in to my own, | XX |
|100 prof. charcoal filtered, | /\ |
TWS - NLE |fine sippin' opinions. | \/ |
| |____|
_____________________________|_______________________________________

Ned Raggett

Nov 25, 1993, 2:27:36 PM11/25/93
In article <2d3klm$e...@bluering.cowan.edu.au>,

Mark Secker <mse...@cowan.edu.au> wrote:

>Hot damm who plays this tasty bit of industrial pop? heard it on the
>local station (JJJ) a few days ago but missed the bands name - sounds
>a bit like Max Q on steroids.
>
>Mark Secker

Machines of Loving Grace. Album's called "Concentration"; they have a self-
titled release which came out in 1991.

Kelly Hallman

Nov 26, 1993, 2:26:37 PM11/26/93
mse...@cowan.edu.au (Mark Secker) writes:
> Hot damm who plays this tasty bit of industrial pop? heard it on the
> local station (JJJ) a few days ago but missed the bands name - sounds
> a bit like Max Q on steroids.

The Machines of Loving Grace. Any fans out there? I don't have their
new release, but I have their previous one. Its decent...any comments?

"If there is one thing worse than superficiality...
...it is the _illusion_ of profundity." --Peter Paphides
All replies to: khal...@missing.com (Kelly Hallman)

Owen Straw

Nov 27, 1993, 2:03:43 AM11/27/93
In article <3uZmDc...@missing.com> khal...@missing.com (Kelly Hallman) writes:

>mse...@cowan.edu.au (Mark Secker) writes:
>The Machines of Loving Grace. Any fans out there? I don't have their
>new release, but I have their previous one. Its decent...any comments?

I have heard their records and seem 'em live. Better live.

CO...@delphi.com

Nov 29, 1993, 4:45:25 PM11/29/93
It is Machines of Loving Grace. Their album _Concentration_ has jumped to my
top five of '93. It cranks from top to bottom. One of their previous singles,
"Burn Like Brilliant TRash" was produced
by Trent Reznor...

CO...@delphi.com

Nov 29, 1993, 4:46:50 PM11/29/93
Their 1991 album includes "Rite of Shiva"--worth checking out.

CO...@delphi.com

Nov 29, 1993, 4:48:29 PM11/29/93
I've been barking about Machines of Loving Grace for the past few months.
Tome, they're a more accessible NIN...

Jeffrey J. Middents

Nov 29, 1993, 3:26:33 PM11/29/93
con...@hebron.connected.com (Owen Straw) writes:

oh yes. the machines are *phenomenal*, especially live. they are currently the
band i most enjoy listening to (and it's been a while since i've hanged that
opinion). their first album was pretty good, but "concentration" is grittier
and meatier. it's wonderful. go buy it. go see 'em. they're great.

jeff, drooling indeed...
--
-jeffrey j. middents-------------------------------------------------------
--c...@coos.dartmouth.edu-------------------------------------------------

CO...@delphi.com

Nov 29, 1993, 4:50:53 PM11/29/93
BTW, there's some healthy discussion about Machines of Loving Grace over in
rec.music.industrial. See 'ya there...

SYMMS

Nov 30, 1993, 6:52:00 PM11/30/93

CN>In article <3uZmDc...@missing.com> khal...@missing.com (Kelly Hallman)
CN>es:
CN>>mse...@cowan.edu.au (Mark Secker) writes:
CN>>The Machines of Loving Grace. Any fans out there? I don't have their
CN>>new release, but I have their previous one. Its decent...any comments?
CN>
CN>I have heard their records and seem 'em live. Better live.

I've got the new one only. I think most of it's quite good. (I
only like to skip a track or two when playing it.) Of course, this is
the first I've heard of them. My tastes aren't as exterme as some
people's but I think it's worth what I paid for it.

[Tuesday.19:52:17]

* TLX v3.10 * A motion to adjourn is always in order.

as...@aurora.alaska.edu

Dec 1, 1993, 7:48:12 AM12/1/93
re: Machines of Loving Grace

I found out about them a while ago from a friend...have everything I can
find.
album === Machines of Loving Grace
single == Burn Like Brilliant Trash (now out of print, Reznor produced)
single == Rite of Shiva
album === Concentration

Good stuff (imho). New album, while not produced by Reznor, definitely has
some of his touch to it...probably picked up some hints while working on
the remixes of BLBT(AJF). Nifty...I like it. <grin>

Woodstock