? - YOUR FAVORITE ALBUMS TO HAVE SEX TO?

Doug Smith

Nov 6, 1993, 5:26:38 AM11/6/93
funhouse by the stooges :-]

Doug Smith

Nov 6, 1993, 5:36:56 AM11/6/93
> WILLIAM GAY writes:
>
> Msg-ID: <23...@news.duke.edu>
>
> Org. : Duke University; Durham, N.C.
>
> In article <CFx2n...@bailgate.gpsemi.com> sme...@lincoln.gpsemi.com
> (Steve Meats LDC 2392) writes:
> >I can never find an album long enough. Any suggetstions, please ?
> >
> >-- Stephen Meats opinions expressed are not
> > sme...@lincoln.gpsemi.com necessarily those of anybody
> > Lincoln U.K. - least of all, me --
>
> The Minutemen? ;>
>
> -Will

Double Nickels.....d boon = best lyricist

Linda Andes

Nov 6, 1993, 1:20:47 PM11/6/93
The choice of appropriate music depends on the desired mood, of course!

Slint, "Spiderland" for slow & sensual.
Ministry, "In Case You Didn't Feel Like Showing Up" for aggressive, be-my-
sex-slave sessions.
and anything by Band of Susans, but especially "The Word & The Flesh" when
I'm alone.......

THE DARK DUCK

Nov 7, 1993, 4:59:55 AM11/7/93

my favourite is 'substance' by new order, i just love to grind to a hard disco beat.

ducky.

mwi...@kuhub.cc.ukans.edu

Nov 7, 1993, 11:44:43 AM11/7/93
In article <1993Nov1.2...@leland.Stanford.EDU>, pi...@leland.Stanford.EDU

The best album to do the nasty to? Easy. It would have to be the cowboy
junkies - The Trinity Session. Nothing finer.

Mike

mwi...@kuhub.cc.ukans.edu

Nov 7, 1993, 12:01:58 PM11/7/93
In article <93306.225...@auvm.american.edu>, Robert B. MacMillan <RMA...@auvm.american.edu> writes:
> maybe, since i'm the 180millionth person to take this title, i'll incur
> the wrath of every asshole who cannot appreciate anything in their lives,
> let alone on the net, and perhaps they'll fuck off like they should.

gee. somebody woke up on the wrong side of the bed...

> so, down to business: i usually don't play albums or listen to music while
> having sex...

Maybe you should. It'll improve your sex life and your demeanor!

Mike

Kent J. Vanderwaal

Nov 7, 1993, 5:35:26 PM11/7/93
What does the Antioch College sex committee recommend?

Q: Track one is done, may we move on to track two?

A: Sure.

Q: Good, sign this consent release form right here, please.

Swag Valance

Nov 8, 1993, 5:13:04 PM11/8/93
In article <1993Nov7.1...@kuhub.cc.ukans.edu>,

Yeah, I tried it, but I keep falling asleep before I get my clothes off.
That's why I listen to _Confusion Is Sex_ by Sonic Youth -- all that feedback
that sounds like an epileptic putting a hacksaw to a guitar is a real
turn on. Great stuff to blow up the doll to.

Please! -- this crap was rehashed in alt.sex months ago. Don't make us
re-live this nightmare in alt.music.alternative.
--
-------------------- I'd Rather Be ------------------------
greg gshe...@nyx.cs.du.edu

John R. Venable

Nov 9, 1993, 12:56:42 PM11/9/93
Doug_...@mindlink.bc.ca (Doug Smith) writes:

>funhouse by the stooges :-]

^^^^^^^^ ^^^^^^^^^^^

Yipes! I lost a wonderful woman for this very reason! God rest
her soul.

Laurie

Nov 9, 1993, 5:25:50 PM11/9/93

Anything by the DOORS--very sexy! :-).....Or Danzig's _Black Aria_ and
_Lucifuge_ also, Type O negatives _Bloody Kisses_!

All very hot and steamy!

--Laurie

The Program for this evening is not anything new, You've seen this
entertainment through, and through,-You've seen your birth, Your life, and
death, You might recall all of the rest..Did you have a good world when you
died?....Enough to base a movie on?

james lowe 9208 U

Nov 7, 1993, 3:29:41 AM11/7/93
Best Albums To Have Sex To:

Some Friendly by the Charlatans: Absolutly ecstatic stuff...slows down and
speeds up...if there was ever an album designed for this...

Abbey Road by the Beatles: Similar range of emotions...at times, it makes
you want to grab onto the woman you're with and never let her go.

Loced After Dark by Tone Loc: Laugh all you want, but this album is nothing
by sex on CD.

I Robot by the Alan Parsons Project: For a wonderfully romantic night of
lovemaking with someone who matters.

Debut by Bjork: This woman oozes sex. Maybe belongs in the "music to
masterbate to" category. :-)

jim

ivo

Nov 10, 1993, 4:33:23 AM11/10/93
Best albums to have sex to:

Spooky by Lush
Treasure - Cocteau Twins
and, don't laugh, try it....
Madonna's Erotica
and Janet Jackson's janet.

:)

Otto

Nov 11, 1993, 2:36:24 PM11/11/93
i have to agree with the nin thing but aren't we missing the obvious
top three:

3. enya

2. enigma

1. the cure

>Otto

"We didn't lose Vietnam! It was a tie!"

Toby-1-Kenobi

Nov 12, 1993, 10:46:08 PM11/12/93
Best fuck-music:

Janes Addiction: "Nothing's Shocking"
Ministry: "Psalm 69"
Carl Orff: "Carmina Burana"
--
_PP | When visiting beautiful NEW MEXICO, see the AMAZING
| @@--o | T O B Y C L I C K
|o\__/ | P.O. Box 2421, NM Tech, Socorro, NM 87801 USA
| | tob...@nmt.edu | "Just take a wrong turn at Albuquerque."

kelee

Nov 13, 1993, 9:09:25 AM11/13/93
tob...@nmt.edu (Toby-1-Kenobi) writes:

>Best fuck-music...Carl Orff: "Carmina Burana"...

hehehe; hahaha; hohoho

amelia by cocteau twins

Brian

Nov 13, 1993, 7:00:15 PM11/13/93
In article <1993Nov13.0...@nmt.edu>, tob...@nmt.edu (Toby-1-Kenobi)
wrote:

It is so comforting to see that we have some of the greatest romantics on
Earth right here in alt.music.alternative.

I love thrasing while i'm having sex. (extreme sarcasm) whatever happened
to romantic music????
I will have to say that enya, cure, etc are the only good groups to have
sex to that are mention here.

Brian

Mason L. Allen

Nov 13, 1993, 7:58:16 PM11/13/93
nothing`s shocking - jane`s addiction (that is, if your partner has a
sense of humor)

sex is violent...sex is violence!

awol

J Cannon

Nov 14, 1993, 4:18:23 PM11/14/93
I could never get into sex with thrashy stuff like NIN...IMHO, the best
music for sex is classical. Try Saint-Saens "Bacchanale", Ravel's
"Bolero", or Beethoven's "Appassionata" (piano sonata). The first two of
these pieces were written with sex in mind, and the third out of
depression/angst (depression? sex? what's the difference?) but is just as
effective for me and my 'friends'. If you can time your orgasm (or just
luck out) to match the climax of these pieces, your mind will turn into
jelly and your penis/vagina will explode. I can personally certify that
this is true.

Jim "safer is better" Cannon

Patrick Bio-Dude Berry

Nov 14, 1993, 10:58:05 PM11/14/93
In article <CGGIp...@dartvax.dartmouth.edu>,

Or even better yet, on a bootleg version of the song...

Sex is hockey! Sex is hockey!

Pat
--
"You don't know me you just know my name." --Butthole Surfers--
pbe...@pathogen.ecst.csuchico.edu

ROMA...@delphi.com

Nov 15, 1993, 12:32:24 AM11/15/93
It has been my experience that if you're gonna have sex to music, and I am not
quite sure why you'd want to, the best is That Total Age by Nizter Ebb.

::: Did you never call? I waited for your call... :::
s/k

Avery K. Rembowski

Nov 19, 1993, 4:15:19 PM11/19/93

: It is so comforting to see that we have some of the greatest romantics on

: Earth right here in alt.music.alternative.

: I love thrasing while i'm having sex. (extreme sarcasm) whatever happened
: to romantic music????
: I will have to say that enya, cure, etc are the only good groups to have
: sex to that are mention here.

: Brian

Brian does have a point. In my opinion, the best albums to have sex to are
U2's Joshua Tree and Pearl Jam's 10. The Singles Soundtrack is pretty
decent too; it does contain the number one best song to have sex to, Chloe
Dancer/Crown of Thorns- the rhythm, the building, the climax, the slowdown...
Anything by the Cure or REM is good too. Other great songs which elicit
passion are Skid Row's I Remember You and Tesla's Love Song- they've been
on my list since high school and probably always will be. But Brian, if you
haven't tried it yet, sex to faster music can be pretty fun. Especially
songs like Nirvana's Rape Me or STP's Sex Type Thing- addds a whole new
dimension to the act.
Just a woman's perspective.

c...@waikato.ac.nz

Nov 20, 1993, 7:39:39 PM11/20/93
In article <1993Nov19.2...@liberty.uc.wlu.edu>, arem...@liberty.uc.wlu.edu (Avery K. Rembowski) writes:

> : It is so comforting to see that we have some of the greatest romantics on
> : Earth right here in alt.music.alternative.
>
> : I love thrasing while i'm having sex. (extreme sarcasm) whatever happened
> : to romantic music????
> : I will have to say that enya, cure, etc are the only good groups to have
> : sex to that are mention here.
>
> : Brian

I read that Pink Floyds' "Dark Side of the Moon" was the record most often used
to accompany live sex shows in Germany. Their biographer went as far to say
that the reason why the albumn sold so well was because it was such a great
record to have sex too.
(Now lets get the they're not alternative, yes they are, no they're not
argument going ... )
Chris.

BKG

Nov 22, 1993, 8:53:10 AM11/22/93
I may have come into this discussion late, but....

Did anyone mention Enigma or Peter Gabriel's "Passion" (soundtrack from the
Last Temptation of Christ)? Dead can dance and Peter Murphy can be pretty
good too!

Brian

Valdivia Francisco Luis

Nov 22, 1993, 12:21:57 PM11/22/93

I used to like Jane's Addiction's 'Nothing's Shocking' but when my girlfriend
was performing fellatio, she started humming the melody and that made my
dick tickle.... so we now try with more 'instrumental' like music like Enya

Pancho

Lawrence Hammond u

Nov 24, 1993, 8:11:41 PM11/24/93

II recently discovered by accident that DM's Songs of Faith and Devotion
was AWESOME sex music. I feel you has a definite thrusting feel to it.
Before DM, I always went with Enigma. SERIOUSLY GOOD sex music.
Cheers
Lawrence
* Lawrence Hammond 'Twas brillig, and the slithy toves *
* hamm...@mach1.wlu.ca Did gyre and gimble in the wabe; *
* Wilfrid Laurier University All mimsy were the borogoves, *

MARKS...@delphi.com

Nov 25, 1993, 3:10:54 AM11/25/93
come on...you're forgetting the cocteau twin's earlier music, and of course,
this mortal coil...

he...@cuckoo.uwaterloo.ca

Nov 25, 1993, 9:52:04 AM11/25/93
flva...@isluga.puc.cl (Valdivia Francisco Luis) writes:
:
: I used to like Jane's Addiction's 'Nothing's Shocking' but when my girlfriend

: was performing fellatio, she started humming the melody and that made my
: dick tickle.... so we now try with more 'instrumental' like music like Enya
:
:
: Pancho
:
A hummer... you get a hummer to Jane's Addiction and *switch* to Enya.
I dream of hummers... I don't get it... I just don't get it. :^)

Bri

Shane Graham

Nov 27, 1993, 3:01:20 PM11/27/93
Birthday Party--"Prayers On Fire"
Chet Baker -- anything
Kronos Quartet -- "Pieces of Africa"

Shane Graham
WNUR-FM 89.3
Northwestern Univ, Evanston, IL
s...@merle.acns.nwu.edu

SHIRLEY JEAN THELEN NEARY

Nov 27, 1993, 5:49:15 PM11/27/93

Peter Johansson

Nov 27, 1993, 8:04:12 PM11/27/93
Cocteau Twins - Blue Bell Knoll
New Order - Technique
Blur - Leisure
Rennaissance - anything
Ultra Vivid Scene - UVS
Roxy Music - Manifesto / Avalon
Brian Eno - Taking Tiger Mountain / Here Come the Warm Jets
The Who - Quadrophenia

But, of course, it would depend mostly on the person and the mood...

Peter Johansson
pe...@cs.umbc.edu

Brian Thomas

Nov 27, 1993, 9:28:45 PM11/27/93
Today my list would be:

Enigma - MCMXC a.D.
Sade - love deluxe
Keith Jarrett - The Koln Concert
Cockteau Twins - Four-Calendar Cafe
Eugene Friesen - New Friend
Brian Eno - Music for Airports
Van Morrison - No Guru, No Method, No Teacher
Sting - Nada Como El Sol
Soundtrack from the movie "Betty Blue"
Clannad - Anam
Brian Ferry - Avalon
Michael Hedges - Aerial Boundaries
Miles Davis - Sketches of Spain
Pat Metheny - Secret Story
Lush - Spooky
Enya - Shepherd Moon

Of course, tomorrow it would be different :-)

- Brian

Ned Raggett

Nov 27, 1993, 11:04:03 PM11/27/93
In article <2d8tec...@retriever.cs.umbc.edu>,
Peter Johansson <pe...@cs.umbc.edu> wrote:

>Blur - Leisure

I must protest. Fan though I am of Blur, Damon has one of the most
relentlessly unsexy voices on the planet. The other choices were great!

cal...@news.delphi.com

Nov 28, 1993, 1:35:42 PM11/28/93
sne...@cwis.unomaha.edu (SHIRLEY JEAN THELEN NEARY) writes:

Enigma, definitely.

Augustus Hunt

Nov 28, 1993, 2:52:45 PM11/28/93

Loreena McKinnitt

The Visit

GH

WonderBoy

Nov 28, 1993, 4:28:25 PM11/28/93

Anything. :-)

gun...@dhhalden.no

-=::Peel a man that looks like an onion,
and I'll show you a man that looks like a peeled onion.

Spelling errors and bad grammar are centered intentionally.

Nic Fit

Nov 28, 1993, 4:53:33 PM11/28/93
Whoever started this post must want a lot of attention.

This is the lamest tread I have ever read.

Listen to Moonshake's "Eva Luna" - it's appropriate for whatever mood
you're in.

- Art

--
A Lee Preserve wildlife.
al...@midway.uchicago.edu Pickle a squirrel today.

Brian Thomas

Nov 28, 1993, 6:10:59 PM11/28/93
al...@kimbark.uchicago.edu (Nic Fit) writes:

>Whoever started this post must want a lot of attention.

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
Perhaps, but so does whoever *contributes* to it :-)

>This is the lamest tread I have ever read.

Beats something like FAVORITE ALBUMS TO DO YOUR LAUNDRY TO.

>Listen to Moonshake's "Eva Luna" - it's appropriate for whatever mood

Thanks for contributing :-)

Brian Thomas
br...@mom.spie.org

China White

Nov 29, 1993, 8:07:03 PM11/29/93
PURE by Godflesh.

-- China White

-----------------------------------
you breed like rats
you were dead from the beginning. . .
--------------------------------------

Lawrence Hammond u

Nov 30, 1993, 6:56:23 PM11/30/93

I just remembered a good one last night. Try Bethoven's 9th, 2nd movement.

If you don't have it, you can go to any library and tape it off them.

Get it. Do it.
Larry.

Ben Rad

Nov 30, 1993, 11:08:16 PM11/30/93
Strange Free World - Kitchens of Distinction
Blood - This Mortal Coil
Anything by Neil Diamond ;)

Ben Rad
--
/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\
W. Ben Radlinski Washington Grove Maryland RADL...@ACCESS.DIGEX.COM

Heather Lynn La Lone

Dec 1, 1993, 2:33:34 PM12/1/93
In article <radlinsk.754718815@access>, radl...@access.digex.net (Ben Rad)
wrote:

"When the Doves cry"-Prince

Laurie

Patrick Horan

Dec 1, 1993, 8:24:58 PM12/1/93

tori amos
talk talk's fifth album
kraftwerk - the mixes

"I am a sick man. . . I am an angry man" Fyodor D.

the patman. 221 University Centre University of Manitoba R3T 2N2

KERRY E FITZGERALD

Dec 2, 1993, 11:07:52 PM12/2/93

> I just remembered a good one last night. Try Bethoven's 9th, 2nd movement.
>
> If you don't have it, you can go to any library and tape it off them.
>
> Get it. Do it.
> Larry.

this is a bit strange but i also think that if you were to slide into albums to
merely hook-up to, slowdive's _just for a day_ and _blue day_ are prime
candidates....they just aren't energetic enough for sex though. :)

--daedalia
stu_ke...@vax1.acs.jmu.edu

KERRY E FITZGERALD

Dec 3, 1993, 2:56:54 PM12/3/93
slowdive's _blue day_ and _just for a day_
any enigma album
cranberries _everybody else is doing it...._

(unfortunatly these are more like good hook-up albums...not really for sex)

--daedalia
stu_ke...@vax1.acs.jmu.edu

Clark Humphrey

Dec 3, 1993, 3:38:22 PM12/3/93
ho...@ccu.umanitoba.ca (Patrick Horan) writes:

> tori amos
> talk talk's fifth album
> kraftwerk - the mixes

Fastbacks' cover of the Raspberries' "Go All the Way"
Kitaro, "Kojiki"

--
[] SEANEWS [] Seattle Public Access Usenet News + Mail [] +1 206 747 NEWS []
cla...@seanews.akita.com

ca...@minster.york.ac.uk

Dec 1, 1993, 9:18:36 AM12/1/93
In article <2d8tec...@retriever.cs.umbc.edu> pe...@cs.umbc.edu (Peter Johansson) writes:
>Cocteau Twins - Blue Bell Knoll
>New Order - Technique
>Blur - Leisure
>Rennaissance - anything
>Ultra Vivid Scene - UVS
>Roxy Music - Manifesto / Avalon
>Brian Eno - Taking Tiger Mountain / Here Come the Warm Jets
>The Who - Quadrophenia

Rage Against the Machine - Rage Against the Machine
LA Woman - The Doors
Ambient Collection 85-92 - The Aphex Twin
Surfing on Sine-waves - Polygon Window
Pungent Effulgent - Ozric Tentacles
Pet Sounds - The Beach Boys

groovy

Amanda H Kahn

Dec 4, 1993, 12:52:34 PM12/4/93
how about u2-the unforgettable fire
rolling stones-hot rocks, disc 2
this excellent cure/smiths mix tape i made (pictures of you
and that excellent song off meat is murder (i'm blanking on the name right
now))
bob marley-legend

amand...@columbia.edu

Marcel Feldmar

Dec 4, 1993, 4:20:56 PM12/4/93
one vote for isabel by unrest
one vote for side one of My Bloody Valentine's "feed me with your kiss" EP

Timothy Roy

Dec 6, 1993, 6:12:03 PM12/6/93

On Tuesday November 30 1993 23:56, Lawrence Hammond u wrote to All:

LHu=> From: hamm...@mach1.wlu.ca (Lawrence Hammond u)
LHu=> Organization: Wilfrid Laurier University

LHu=> I just remembered a good one last night. Try Bethoven's 9th, 2nd
LHu=> movement.

LHu=> Get it. Do it.
LHu=> Larry.

I've always been particular to Wagner. Try a CD of ohne Vorte (without
the singing) selections from his operas. Ride of the Valkyries, or the Flying
Dutchman can be an interesting change of pace from what you're used to.

Then again, if you want a real change of pace, Ravi Shankar Live in NYC
can be pretty good too.

Timot...@p14.n228.f2613.z1@rochgte.fidonet.org

Sean A. Collins

Dec 12, 1993, 7:03:40 PM12/12/93
In article <75521687...@rochgte.fidonet.org>,
Timot...@p14.f228.n2613.z1.fidonet.org (Timothy Roy) wrote:

One of the finest recordings to put on before sex is Tangerine Dream's
"Dream Sequence"!

Swag Valance

Dec 13, 1993, 5:11:02 PM12/13/93
>[]

And when I brush my teeth, I like to listen to _Mania_ by The Lucy Show.
Those grooving rhythms are perfectly harmonized with my brush strokes to keep
my pearly whites nice and clean. Ahhhh! Minty fresh, and it won't stain
most dental work.
--
greg gshe...@nyx.cs.du.edu
--------- Ramming Searing Hot Pokers Into My Eyes ---------

Patrick Lawrence Berry

Dec 13, 1993, 11:23:20 PM12/13/93

Adorable is the best in the morning, followed closely by Beautiful South.
--
"My god is dead" --Inspiral Carpets--
pbe...@ecst.csuchico.edu