Blackhappy

as...@aurora.alaska.edu

Dec 7, 1993, 6:14:13 AM12/7/93
Was curious if anyone else out there had discovered Blackhappy...incredibly
good band. Two guitarists, two drummers, a bass, two trombones and a sax...
lots of sound, powerful music. Two albums out...Friendly Dog Salad and, more
recently, Peghead. Both good, FDS is more funky...I like Peghead better. If
it was possible to wear out a CD, I'd be doing it...

Woodstock

Adolf Heimlich

Dec 8, 1993, 6:34:30 PM12/8/93

Damn fine original different music, but after seeing the fellas about 6 times,
it does get old. The stuff's real catchy at first, and dies into just being
good music after a while... but if you've never seen 'em play or heard 'em on
disc go for it, you won't be dissappointed.

adolf heimlich

btw you want different sounding stuff that never, never gets old? Alice Donut.

STEPHEN C REINART

Dec 9, 1993, 11:40:25 PM12/9/93
In article <2e5oa6$s...@master.cs.rose-hulman.edu> fyf...@po.NeXTwork.Rose-Hulman.Edu (Adolf Heimlich ) writes:
>From: fyf...@po.NeXTwork.Rose-Hulman.Edu (Adolf Heimlich )
>Subject: Re: Blackhappy
>Date: 8 Dec 1993 23:34:30 GMT

Sorry, Adloph.
I have to disagree. BlackHappy is just showing us that
trends (musically included) follow a circular path. By the way... the
original post forgot about the trumpet. Flea would be pissed.
I got Peghead in June, (being on the staff of a college radio
station does have its advantages for finding good stuff before it hits Mtv >
BLECK<.) I can't find a way to keep out of the CD player. People request
this, and I personally go out of my way to play it. Hell, I love it. I
even pirated a copy of it (which wore out and had to make another.)
As to my opinion about BH. To use a Butt-Headism "They could kick
Axl's ass." Not suprising considering they said the same thing about Kriss-
Kross. In CMJ (College Music Journal) they've only been on the top 150
chart for about five weeks. As of last week they were at 107 and
climbing. They've got the potential to go a lot higher (maybe if more
people had heard of them?" They've got staying power and I eagerly await
the next album.
I was just waiting for someone to post about them. I dislike to
broach the subject of a new band, half the time the response is "Huh?" As
yet I'm suprised no one has mentioned Golden Palomino, The Hang-Ups or
GODANDTEXAS yet.

I AM THE KING OF BEERS

Dec 10, 1993, 6:35:03 PM12/10/93
From Coeur D'Alene Idaho, two guitars, two drummers, trombones, saxes,
trupmets, excellent bassist, it is quite possibly the greatest live show you'll
ever see....
THE BAND: BLACKHAPPY
buy them
play them loud
see them live
play them some more
see them again...
(repeat)
--the kimmenator
---kab...@acad.drake.edu

I see the light at the end of the tunnell
someone please tell me that it's not a train!