append with blank line between?

BruceM

Nov 12, 2005, 6:36:36 PM11/12/05
Novice help needed.
Can someone help me with some code please?
I want to append several txt files into one txt file & need to
1. Start a new line for each file.
2. Leave one line between each file.

I think I got the...
copy file1+file2+file3+file4 mainfile
done OK.

heath...@gmail.com

Nov 12, 2005, 9:24:31 PM11/12/05
maybe something like this:

for /l %%i in (1,1,2) do echo. >>c:\test\test1.txt
for /l %%i in (1,1,2) do echo. >>c:\test\test2.txt
for /l %%i in (1,1,2) do echo. >>c:\test\test3.txt
copy /b /y /d c:\test\test1.txt+c:\test\test2.txt+c:\test\test3.txt
c:\test\test4.txt

*lines that dont begin with 2 spaces have wrapped accidentally*

Clay Calvert

Nov 12, 2005, 9:59:06 PM11/12/05
On Sun, 13 Nov 2005 10:06:36 +1030, "BruceM" <bruce9950@@hotmail.com>
wrote:

>I want to append several txt files into one txt file & need to
>1. Start a new line for each file.
>2. Leave one line between each file.
>
>I think I got the...
>copy file1+file2+file3+file4 mainfile
>done OK.

Try this one-liner:

for %%a in (file1 file2 file3 file4) do (type %%a&echo.)>>mainfile

It might be best to add another "&echo." to guarantee a blank line.

for %%a in (file1 file2 file3) do (type %%a&echo.&echo.)>>mainfile

If running this over and over, you'll probably want to erase mainfile
first. The long way is "if exist mainfile del mainfile". A simpler
method is "type nul>mainfile", but I often use "@echo off>mainfile" to
'zero-ize' the output file.

Cheers,
Clay Calvert
CCal...@Wanguru.com
Replace "W" with "L"

BruceM

Nov 12, 2005, 10:52:25 PM11/12/05
Thankyou for the suggestions. Will experiment for my application.

"Clay Calvert" <ccal...@Wanguru.com> wrote in message

Fritz Wuehler

Nov 13, 2005, 2:10:50 PM11/13/05
to postm...@wanguru.com
On Sat, 12 Nov 2005, Clay Calvert wrote:
>CCal...@Wanguru.com
>Replace "W" with "L"

why do you use wanguru.com
you have authorization
for spam to be sent to wanguru

Cox TOS violation

From: Clay Calvert <ccal...@Wanguru.com>
Newsgroups: alt.msdos.batch.nt
Subject: Re: append with blank line between?
Date: Sat, 12 Nov 2005 21:59:06 -0500

billious

Nov 13, 2005, 8:23:12 PM11/13/05

"Fritz Wuehler" <fr...@spamexpire-200511.rodent.frell.theremailer.net> wrote
in message

> On Sat, 12 Nov 2005, Clay Calvert wrote:
>>CCal...@Wanguru.com
>>Replace "W" with "L"
>
> why do you use wanguru.com
> you have authorization
> for spam to be sent to wanguru
>
> Cox TOS violation

A few Wangurus loose in the top pillock?

BruceM

Nov 13, 2005, 8:28:38 PM11/13/05
I like that .......... real Aussie flavour..........

"billious" <billio...@hotmail.com> wrote in message

Clay Calvert

Nov 13, 2005, 10:25:13 PM11/13/05

Hmm. What's interesting is that Fritz's message didn't show up on
Cox's server. I guess they don't trust him. ; )

He has an interesting posting history.

http://groups.google.com/groups?q=author:%22Fritz+Wuehler%22&scoring=d

The truth is, when I set up my signature several years ago there was
no Wanguru.com, at least no web prescience for it. I checked before I
set my anti-spam measures. Lo and behold, it is an active domain now.
Fritz, thank you for bringing that to my attention, but you didn't
have to do that and lob to abuse@cox while you were at it.

Had I known I was breaking such a rule, I would have given it prompt
attention. However, I don't see the specific section I'm violating in
what they call the "Acceptable Use Policy". Regardless, I've taken
new evasive procedures, both from the Spammers, and from the posting
police.

Thanks,
Clay Calvert
CCal...@Zanguru.com
Replace "Z" with "L"

Dr John Stockton

Nov 14, 2005, 4:25:26 PM11/14/05
JRS: In article <t2tfn15fhrap96cia...@4ax.com>, dated
Sun, 13 Nov 2005 22:25:13, seen in news:alt.msdos.batch.nt, Clay Calvert
<ccal...@Wanguru.com> posted :

>Had I known I was breaking such a rule, I would have given it prompt
>attention. However, I don't see the specific section I'm violating in
>what they call the "Acceptable Use Policy". Regardless, I've taken
>new evasive procedures, both from the Spammers, and from the posting
>police.
>
>Thanks,
>Clay Calvert
>CCal...@Zanguru.com

You are probably again polluting a domain that you have no right to use.

For a "fake" address, one should choose an address that one is
positively entitled to use for the purpose; an address that one owns, or
one provided by the ISP or someone else for that purpose; or a string
that cannot possibly ever be an address.

AIUI, the '.invalid' top level domain is provided for anyone to use; but
remember that the evil-minded may remove it or substitute '.com', so
what results must not be possibly valid either.

--
© John Stockton, Surrey, UK. ?@merlyn.demon.co.uk Turnpike v4.00 MIME ©

Clay Calvert

Nov 14, 2005, 9:30:17 PM11/14/05
On Mon, 14 Nov 2005 21:25:26 +0000, Dr John Stockton
<j...@merlyn.demon.co.uk> wrote:

>You are probably again polluting a domain that you have no right to use.

No, I probably am not. I checked first, which you obviously didn't
do. Shoot first and then question, eh?

>For a "fake" address, one should choose an address that one is
>positively entitled to use for the purpose; an address that one owns, or
>one provided by the ISP or someone else for that purpose; or a string
>that cannot possibly ever be an address.

You haven't deduced all of the reasons, and particularly why I have
chosen to do what I've done. There is still more homework, Doctor.

You and Fritz ought to consider sending nasty messages back and forth
to each other. You both seem to enjoy it so much.

You are welcome for the opportunity to badger someone.

Timo Salmi

Nov 14, 2005, 11:58:14 PM11/14/05
> AIUI, the '.invalid' top level domain is provided for anyone to
> use;

Gentlemen. This would be best discussed in e.g. comp.mail.misc
rather without involving any actual persons in order to avoid
potential tensions. However, AFAIK the best usage is not just to
replace the top domain with .invalid but to append it. And at the
same time make sure one way or the other that no actual host becomes
involved. For example like this nu...@uzasaFoilspam.fi.invalid where
the for a human reader fairly obvious true address indeed is a local
/dev/null causing alsolutely no reaction. A double safety in this
particular example. Recall that bots are used to harvest spam
targets from web pages and such.

(I am not resetting the followups. I hope that my comment is
understood in the neutral spirit I wish to convey.)

All the best, Timo

Department of Accounting and Business Finance ; University of Vaasa
mailto:t...@uwasa.fi <http://www.uwasa.fi/~ts/> ; FIN-65101, Finland
Useful script files and tricks ftp://garbo.uwasa.fi/pc/link/tscmd.zip

Fritz Wuehler

Nov 15, 2005, 12:36:06 PM11/15/05
to postm...@wanguru.com
On Mon, 14 Nov 2005, Clay Calvert wrote:

>On Mon, 14 Nov 2005, Dr John Stockton wrote:
>
>> You are probably again polluting a domain that you have no right to use.
>
>No, I probably am not. I checked first, which you obviously didn't
>do. Shoot first and then question, eh?
>
>> For a "fake" address, one should choose an address that one is
>> positively entitled to use for the purpose; an address that one owns, or
>> one provided by the ISP or someone else for that purpose; or a string
>> that cannot possibly ever be an address.
>
>You haven't deduced all of the reasons, and particularly why I have
>chosen to do what I've done. There is still more homework, Doctor.

why do you continue to use wanguru.com
do you have authorization
is your desire for spam to be sent to wanguru

Cox Communications Acceptable Use Policy
Updated 2/22/05

14. Newsgroups.
(...)
Forging, altering or removing
header information is prohibited.

From: Clay Calvert <ccal...@Wanguru.com>
Newsgroups: alt.msdos.batch.nt
Date: Mon, 14 Nov 2005 21:30:17 -0500

Dr John Stockton

Nov 15, 2005, 4:28:19 PM11/15/05
JRS: In article <h5hin195l384667q0...@4ax.com>, dated
Mon, 14 Nov 2005 21:30:17, seen in news:alt.msdos.batch.nt, Clay Calvert
<ccal...@Wanguru.com> posted :

>On Mon, 14 Nov 2005 21:25:26 +0000, Dr John Stockton
><j...@merlyn.demon.co.uk> wrote:
>
>>You are probably again polluting a domain that you have no right to use.
>
>No, I probably am not. I checked first, which you obviously didn't
>do. Shoot first and then question, eh?

You are polluting the domain zanguru.com, as below; and wanguru.com, as
in your headers. That is not affected by whether they are currently
owned or in use; someone might want to use them in future. You only
have a right to use a domain if you have ownership, or at least a lease
of it.

>Clay Calvert
>CCal...@Zanguru.com
>Replace "Z" with "L"

Now it may be that Forte obliges you to put something like a valid
address in your headers; but there's no need to do so in the body of an
article; "CCalvert at <True Domain>" is unlikely to be harvested.

foxidrive

Nov 16, 2005, 2:15:32 AM11/16/05
On Tue, 15 Nov 2005 18:36:06 +0100, Fritz Wuehler wrote:

> why do you continue to use wanguru.com

Hey, Fritz, write a batch file to flame him.

Clay Calvert

Nov 17, 2005, 7:56:23 PM11/17/05
On Tue, 15 Nov 2005 21:28:19 +0000, Dr John Stockton
<j...@merlyn.demon.co.uk> wrote:

>You are polluting the domain zanguru.com

No, I'm not polluting anything. You should be able to figure that
out. Only those harvesting e-mail addresses or not following the
directions in my signature are sending to the wrong domain.

If I catch anyone doing that I'll be sure to send you their e-mail
addresses so you can give them a good once over... with you, maybe
more than once.

You pollute nearly every domain nearly every day with your constant
prattling in Usenet. I may have a misdemeanor, but you're definitely
a felon in that department.

Apologies to everyone else.

Dr John Stockton

Nov 18, 2005, 3:44:36 PM11/18/05
JRS: In article <f99qn1lp4449at3pc...@4ax.com>, dated
Thu, 17 Nov 2005 19:56:23, seen in news:alt.msdos.batch.nt, Clay Calvert
<ccal...@Zanguru.com> posted :

>On Tue, 15 Nov 2005 21:28:19 +0000, Dr John Stockton
><j...@merlyn.demon.co.uk> wrote:
>
>>You are polluting the domain zanguru.com
>
>No, I'm not polluting anything. You should be able to figure that
>out. Only those harvesting e-mail addresses or not following the
>directions in my signature are sending to the wrong domain.

But you have chosen to expose it to them, when you could perfectly well
have not done so, and instead given in your "signature" something
requiring human intelligence to turn it into a routeable address and in
your header something which did not route to an address that you are not
entitled to use.

mikey

Dec 6, 2005, 6:14:26 PM12/6/05
am trying to find each attribute of each .dll file, like the user32.dll and
i mean literally each string that is able to be used. Have searched on
google, microsoft.com, http://www.robvanderwoude.com/index.html where i
found this news group, in vain, at all sites there are only a few dll
attributes. I can't open with notepad the .dll file to find attributes
"Clay Calvert" <ccal...@Zanguru.com> wrote in message