make a beep

Mark Ise

Jun 10, 2008, 7:53:00 AM6/10/08
Hello,

is it possible to make a beep over the internal PC speaker with a batchfile?

--
Mark

foxidrive

Jun 10, 2008, 8:57:08 AM6/10/08
On Tue, 10 Jun 2008 13:53:00 +0200, Mark Ise <mark...@arcor.de> wrote:

>Hello,
>
>is it possible to make a beep over the internal PC speaker with a batchfile?

Yes, put a literal Control G into an echo command.

Mark Ise

Jun 10, 2008, 10:42:56 AM6/10/08
foxidrive schrieb:

>>is it possible to make a beep over the internal PC speaker with a batchfile?
>
> Yes, put a literal Control G into an echo command.

What do you mean with "literal control G"?

I read something about "echo ^G" when searching with google for a
solution but it don't work too.

I think the "^" ist a symbol for a key combination.

--
Mark

billious

Jun 10, 2008, 11:08:50 AM6/10/08

"Mark Ise" <mark...@arcor.de> wrote in message

^G is used to mean control-g since the actual character is a non-printing
character.

Quite how you insert the control-G character into a file depends on which
editor you use.

Personally, I use EDIT. In EDIT, you press the sequence control-p control-g

Mark Ise

Jun 10, 2008, 11:31:08 AM6/10/08
billious schrieb:

>>> Yes, put a literal Control G into an echo command.
>>

>> What do you mean with "literal control G"?

> ^G is used to mean control-g since the actual character is a non-printing
> character.
>
> Quite how you insert the control-G character into a file depends on which
> editor you use.
>
> Personally, I use EDIT. In EDIT, you press the sequence control-p control-g

OK, that works.

Thanks.

--
Mark

Herbert Kleebauer

Jun 10, 2008, 11:36:33 AM6/10/08

If you don't know how to enter a ^G (ASCII character with the value 0x07)
with your editor, enter at the CMD prompt:

copy con test.bat
echo <CTRL>g<CTRL>z

Then you can copy&paste the line from test.bat into your bat file.
<CTRL>g means, press the <CTRL> key and hold it then also press g
(like you press <SHIFT>g for an upper case G).

Timo Salmi

Jun 10, 2008, 2:00:01 PM6/10/08
Mark Ise <mark...@arcor.de> wrote:
> is it possible to make a beep over the internal PC speaker with a
> batchfile?

92} How do I play a sound or a tune from the command line?
http://www.netikka.net/tsneti/info/tscmd092.htm

All the best, Timo

Department of Accounting and Business Finance ; University of Vaasa
mailto:t...@uwasa.fi <http://www.uwasa.fi/~ts/> ; FI-65101, Finland
Useful CMD script tricks http://www.netikka.net/tsneti/info/tscmd.htm

Dr J R Stockton

Jun 11, 2008, 11:16:50 AM6/11/08
In alt.msdos.batch.nt message <484ec121$0$23834$9b53...@news.fv.fi>,
Tue, 10 Jun 2008 21:00:01, Timo Salmi <t...@uwasa.fi> posted:

>Mark Ise <mark...@arcor.de> wrote:
>> is it possible to make a beep over the internal PC speaker with a
>>batchfile?
>
> 92} How do I play a sound or a tune from the command line?
> http://www.netikka.net/tsneti/info/tscmd092.htm
>
> All the best, Timo

ISTM that command-line/batch echo ^G gives a discreet beep from the
internal speaker, but EKKO 7 gives, some of the time, a loud Boing
from the external system - not always, because the external system may
not be energised. EKKO is a simple BP7 program, via <URL:http://www.mer
lyn.demon.co.uk/programs/00index.htm>, using Write.

(A) ISTM that it would be useful, in the FAQ, to say which methods use
the internal beeper and which use the "music" system - if it's
consistent across machines.

(B) In BP7, how can I cause the beeper to beep in the presence of the
"music" system? The Boing is uncertain and can be loud.

Note newsgroups line.

--
(c) John Stockton, nr London UK. ?@merlyn.demon.co.uk Turnpike v6.05 MIME.
<URL:http://www.merlyn.demon.co.uk/clpb-faq.txt> RAH Prins : c.l.p.b mFAQ;