The painting in "Batman"...

Elizabeth McAuley

Nov 6, 2000, 3:00:00 AM11/6/00
This was brought up in another thread that's faded into the ether. In the
original Batman, during the museum scene, Bob the Goon is about vandalize
a painting when the Joker stops him saying "Not this one, I like it" (or
words to that effect). Someone posted that this painting was done by Tim
Burton. I responded that I read it was done by Francis Bacon. After some
web hunting I found this on Eeggs.com:

Noel (noelc...@yahoo.com) writes: The painting is Head Surrounded By
Sides Of Beef. It's an oil painting that was done in 1954 by Francis
Bacon.

And, a quick web search brings up this page which contains a nice size
picture of the painting:

http://members.tripod.com/~pinkfreudian/at/fbacon15.html

Soooo...can anyone who has the Batman movie in thier library confirm that
the picture at the above URL is indeed the one the Joker liked?

| Liz McAuley * tp...@armory.com * http://www.omino.com/~tpau/ |

Druid

Nov 6, 2000, 3:00:00 AM11/6/00

> Soooo...can anyone who has the Batman movie in thier library confirm that
> the picture at the above URL is indeed the one the Joker liked?

That be the one. :)

Elizabeth McAuley

Nov 6, 2000, 3:00:00 AM11/6/00

Merci! That is a wonderful touch Burton put in the movie - one that I'm
sure flew over the heads of 90% of the movies audience. (It sure flew over
my head).