Detroit, MI: ONE WEEK (1920), THE BLACKSMITH (1922)

Bruce Calvert

Feb 5, 2008, 10:15:03 PM2/5/08
http://nitrateville.com/viewtopic.php?t=374

The Redford Theatre in Detroit MI often shows silent films with live
accompaniment on the Redford's own original Barton theatre Organ. We also
show classic films with live theatre organ music before the show and during
intermission. Also popular are our Three Stooges Festivals. Just so you
know, The Redford theatre is owned by the Motor City Theatre Organ Society,
run by an all volunteer staff and is a non for profit organization. We show
the movies for fun and to help with the cost of maintaining and restoring
this wonderful Japanese style old movie palace.

Silent films playing at the Redford theatre:

Saturday March 8 at 8:00 pm
Lance Luce is playing on the Redford's own Barton theatre organ for two
Buster Keaton shorts:
One Week and The Blacksmith
tickets
Adults $10:00
children $5:00

Also the Redford theatre is having it's 80th anniversary show:

April 19 at 8:00 pm
"80 Years Under the Stars"
"a Gala Event"
Featuring the Hotel Saverine Society Orchestra. This band authentically
recreates the sounds, songs and appearance of the Dance Bands from the
1920's and 1930's. We will have special guest vocalist, Velma Jones. Also
performing will be the Pleasant Moments Vintage Dancers to give an authentic
1920's to 1930's nightclub experience.

John Lauter will perform on the Barton theatre organ and will play for the
Buster Keaton classic "The Electric House"

Cookies, cake and punch will be served after the show. Join in the fun and
dress to impress in your favorite 20's or 30's style!

Tickets
Reserved Seating rows A-E on the main floor and Balcony $25.00
General Admission $20.00

Here is the info for the Redford Theatre:

Motor City Theatre Organ Society, Inc
17360 Lahser Road
Detroit, Michigan 48219-2348
(313) 537-2560
http://www.redfordtheatre.com

Of course we will be playing Talkies too! Usually the ticket price for
classic films are just $4.00 Please check out our website for more info on
upcoming movies and events. You can even sign up for our flier.
Bruce Calvert
--
Visit the Silent Film Still Archive
http://www.silentfilmstillarchive.com

Bruce Calvert

Mar 6, 2008, 9:35:34 AM3/6/08
http://www.freep.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=/20080306/ENT01/803060316/1036/BUSINESS01

Organist accompanies Keaton classics: The selection of Buster Keaton shorts
is especially good during Saturday's Lance Luce organ concert at the Redford
Theatre. In 1920's "One Week" (****), the silent comedian known as the Great
Stone Face attempts to assemble the build-it-yourself home he received as a
wedding present. As "The Blacksmith" (1922, ****), he bungles horse grooming
and auto repair with slapstick finesse. 8 p.m. Saturday, 17360 Lahser,
Detroit. $10, $5 children 12 and under. 313-537-2560.
www.redfordtheatre.com.