Niles BB Festival

Unknown

May 11, 2006, 4:18:43 PM5/11/06
Anyone have any inside poop on the schedule or theme for the Bronco Billy
Festival this June?

Lincoln Spector

May 11, 2006, 4:49:43 PM5/11/06

<Phil P> wrote in message news:tu676254hctk91hc7...@4ax.com...

> Anyone have any inside poop on the schedule or theme for the Bronco Billy
> Festival this June?
Hey, they didn't even send me a press release for May.

Lincoln

Sally Dumaux

May 11, 2006, 7:30:55 PM5/11/06
I just rechecked their site and the schedule is not up yet. It will be held
June 23 to 25th. Some of the presenters will be Annette D'Agostino Lloyd,
Baby Peggy Montgomery (Diana Cary), Richard Roberts, Bob Birchard, and um,
myself presenting a King Baggot film.

Sally Dumaux

Christopher Snowden

May 11, 2006, 10:09:38 PM5/11/06
Phil P wrote:
> Anyone have any inside poop on the schedule or theme for the Bronco Billy
> Festival this June?

As far as I know, the schedule's set and it isn't top-secret, so
here 'tis:

* * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * *

Friday, 6/23:
8:30: Made in Niles (Essanay one-reelers, with Sam Gill):
THE TOMBOY AT BAR-Z
SNAKEVILLE'S CHAMPION
BRONCHO BILLY AND THE BABY
(probably one more TBD)

9:30: The Restoration of Chaplin Mutual Films (with David Shepard)
EASY STREET
THE RINK

Saturday, 6/24:
10:00: Ben Turpin and Friends (with Richard Roberts)
MR. FLIP (Turpin)
HIS NEW JOB (Chaplin)
THE HAREM (Turpin and Rube Miller)
CURSES-- THEY REMARKED (Chester Conklin)
THE JANITOR (Hank Mann)
THE COCK-EYED FAMILY (Turpin)
KEYSTONE HOTEL (Turpin, Sterling, etc.)

1:00: Stunts and Special Effects (with Larry Telles)
Guest Panel: Diana Serra Cary, Bob Birchard, Sprague
Anderson
TUMBLEWEEDS

3:30: Flaming Youth in the Roaring Twenties (with me)
MY LADY OF WHIMS (Clara Bow, condensed Kodascope version)
THE RELAY (The Collegians)
THE CAMPUS VAMP (Carole Lombard)
FLASHING OARS (The Collegians)
surprise short

7:15: The Many Faces of Harold Lloyd (with Annette Lloyd)
BILLY BLAZES, ESQ.
ALL ABOARD
THE CITY SLICKER
I'M ON MY WAY
PAY YOUR DUES

9:15: David Shepard Presents
THE VALLEY OF THE GIANTS (1927, Milton Sills)

Sunday, 6/25:
11:00: A Tribute to King Baggot (with Sally Dumaux)
HUMAN HEARTS (1922, with House Peters)

2:30: Growing Up with the Movies (with David Kiehn)
An Interview with Les Thomsen

4:00: David Shepard Presents
THE BELOVED ROGUE (1927, John Barrymore)

After the show: Everybody goes to Bosco's