Biollante large-size?

Rob Morris

Jan 8, 1999, 3:00:00 AM1/8/99
Aside from the rare, expensive Bandai large figure, are there any other
10-or-so inch size Biollantes available?

Galactus

Jan 8, 1999, 3:00:00 AM1/8/99

Rob Morris wrote:

> Aside from the rare, expensive Bandai large figure, are there any other
> 10-or-so inch size Biollantes available?

There was a pretty rare Biollante from Trendmasters quite a while ago. I
only saw the one at a Toys R Us when they were going for 21 bucks. ::SIGH::
I can still kick myself for not getting her then. It was one of those
figures that hand the shound chip inside and a motion sensor embedded in
its chest so it roared any time some one walked past it. Heh, that aisle
got to annoying after about 5 minutes. =)
Good luck trying to find one now though.

Kevin

--
======================

Rules of scripting #29
Don't eat ten cartons of Gem Choco Donuts before you start to write a
script.

======================
123 Godzilla Please Don't Pee On Me
http://www.telepath.com/kkuhlman/index.html

ADestroyah

Jan 8, 1999, 3:00:00 AM1/8/99
>There was a pretty rare Biollante from Trendmasters quite a while ago. I
>only saw the one at a Toys R Us when they were going for 21 bucks. ::SIGH::
>I can still kick myself for not getting her then. It was one of those
>figures that hand the shound chip inside and a motion sensor embedded in
>its chest so it roared any time some one walked past it. Heh, that aisle
>got to annoying after about 5 minutes. =)
>Good luck trying to find one now though.

I thought Trendmasters never released the ten inch Battra, and Biollante's?
Maybe they will sell it on their page then when (if) they ever start selling
Classic G stuff gain. Take a hint, No one is buying those G98 toys! start
selling Classic G again :-)
~~Some Godzilla Fan~~
ADest...@aol.com
Visit Godzilla Meltdown Homepage for everything Godzilla!
http://www.acecompnet.com/Meltdown/index.htm

Galactus

Jan 8, 1999, 3:00:00 AM1/8/99

ADestroyah wrote:

> I thought Trendmasters never released the ten inch Battra, and Biollante's?
> Maybe they will sell it on their page then when (if) they ever start selling
> Classic G stuff gain. Take a hint, No one is buying those G98 toys! start
> selling Classic G again :-)

I never saw a Battra figure during my initial and subsequent quests for the
mighty Godzilla.

Man I'd love for them to start reproducing that stuff. C'mon guys, get out those
molds and dust them off! WE WANT GODZILLA STUFF. Though I think I'm gonna get
some Bandai's here in a few weeks, just as soon as I can clear off 20 or so
bucks on my CC. =) But I'd still love to have a 10 inch Biollante. She's just
one of my fav characters.

Galactus

Jan 8, 1999, 3:00:00 AM1/8/99

Shadowcst wrote:

> Apart from the "toys", Kaiyodo made a gigantic plastic vinyl Biollante model
> kit. The kit is HUGE! M1 reissued the same kit and included a scaled to size
> Godzilla vinyl kit with it. I have the M1 kit and Im thrilled with it :)
> Plastic vinyl kits are like Bandai figures, but you just put them together and
> paint them. If you ever come across the Kaiyodo or M1 kit, pick it up! (Though
> the price will be a far cry from a Bandai figure..)
>
> -M&K

Hmm. I'm not so sure I'd ever get around to putting it together. I LOVE putting
models together, the only problem is, I paint about as well as an aardvark does.
=) Don't get me wrong, if there's a solid color on the whole thing then i'm there
and done within a few days. But multiple colors, like B might have, well, let's
just say it wouldn't be a pretty sight. Heh.

Now that I've ranted about hta t abit, can you tell me about the color scheming on
it? If it's not too horribly complex (kaliedascope) I might be tempted to pick one
up if I ever find it.

Wolf

Jan 8, 1999, 3:00:00 AM1/8/99
> > Aside from the rare, expensive Bandai large figure, are there any other
> > 10-or-so inch size Biollantes available?
>
> There was a pretty rare Biollante from Trendmasters quite a while ago. I
> only saw the one at a Toys R Us when they were going for 21 bucks.
::SIGH::
> I can still kick myself for not getting her then. It was one of those
> figures that hand the shound chip inside and a motion sensor embedded in
> its chest so it roared any time some one walked past it. Heh, that aisle
> got to annoying after about 5 minutes. =)
> Good luck trying to find one now though.
Interesting, considering that Trendmasters has denied ever making a 10"
Biollante...

This will end up as a cult inside-joke, a 10" Biollante report. =)

--
|\-/|
<0 0>

Rob Morris

Jan 8, 1999, 3:00:00 AM1/8/99
I finally gave up and made my own, from figures in the K-B Clearance
Aisle. But I still want a nicely-detailed version.

Shadowcst

Jan 9, 1999, 3:00:00 AM1/9/99

MOGERUA

Jan 9, 1999, 3:00:00 AM1/9/99
> If you ever come across the Kaiyodo or M1 kit, pick it up! (Though
>the price will be a far cry from a Bandai figure..)

Is it more then the Bandai or less?

McTruck

Jan 9, 1999, 3:00:00 AM1/9/99
>Interesting, considering that Trendmasters has denied ever making a 10"

I believe if a 10" Biolante from TM existed, SOMEONE would own the blasted
thing...no one that I have ever spoken with actually bought one, but everyone
claims to have seen it...interesting...

Truck

Aaron Cooper

Jan 9, 1999, 3:00:00 AM1/9/99

McTruck <mct...@aol.com> wrote in article
<19990109003812...@ng-fr1.aol.com>...

Amen brother! I got into an arguement once with someone on this NG about
the existence of this toy. A few have seen it, but no one, I mean NO ONE
owns it.
My challenge to anyone is to offer foolproof evidence of the existence of a
10" Trendmasters Biollante.
Good luck!
AARON

--
"It's always funny until someone gets hurt, and then it turns hilarious."
-FAITH NO MORE

Jim Walsh

Jan 9, 1999, 3:00:00 AM1/9/99
mog...@aol.com (MOGERUA) wrote:

ha, ha - I don't think you really want to know...

Jim Walsh wal...@eclipse.net
UNSC OGASAWARA ISLANDS PROJECT (http://www.eclipse.net/~walshj0/mland.htm)
sysop, G PROJECT (http://www.inteleco.com/gproject/)

"Fools! Our computers are always INVINCIBLE! Adjust them to NORMAL!"

Galactus

Jan 9, 1999, 3:00:00 AM1/9/99

Wolf wrote:

> Interesting, considering that Trendmasters has denied ever making a 10"

> Biollante...
>
> This will end up as a cult inside-joke, a 10" Biollante report. =)

No inside joke Wolf. I most definantly recall seeing the bloody thing. It was
right in front of a Space G. It was one of the few who's battery had died and
would no longer make any sound. But it was there. Right next to the fairy pixie
weasels.

MOGERUA

Jan 9, 1999, 3:00:00 AM1/9/99

>ha, ha - I don't think you really want to know...

I know I can get a Bandai one for 250 boxed from some people. But the face
looks like crap. So how much is the model?

Sean Linkenback

Jan 9, 1999, 3:00:00 AM1/9/99
to Aaron Cooper
Aaron Cooper wrote:

> My challenge to anyone is to offer foolproof evidence of the existence of a
> 10" Trendmasters Biollante.
> Good luck!
> AARON

Well, I can offer concrete evidence that it exists, and so can Saiko of the Goji-world page.
We have actually had one for sale! It comes in Doom Island packaging and apparently was
only released in Asia. I didn't think to take a picture, but it does exist. I do still
have a TM Megalon and Baragon in Doom Island packaging that are totally different paint jobs
from the American release.

Sean Linkenback

--
Visit us at:
http://www.godzillatoy.com

for a world of Godzilla goods and more!

Sean Linkenback

Jan 9, 1999, 3:00:00 AM1/9/99
to Aaron Cooper

Shadowcst

Jan 9, 1999, 3:00:00 AM1/9/99
Not an easy kit to paint. I have someone else paint the kits for me =P It
sounds horrible, but I enjoy setting the dioramas I place the kits in. I would
definately *not* suggest this kit if youre looking for something easy to paint.
There are tons of vines, teeth, etc. that all need work. :(
As for the price, when I purchased my M1 kit w/ the inscale Godzilla, it was
$250 (last year). From what I understand, that kit is now also out of
production. I seen the Kaiyodo kit only weeks ago for sale at $400 online.
Very expensive, but the kit has amazing detail and its sheer size make it
impressive and worth the money IMO!

-M

Galactus

Jan 9, 1999, 3:00:00 AM1/9/99

Shadowcst wrote:

Sounds like a beautiful kit, Shado. And like I was figuring, it has waaay too much
detail for me to paint into. By the time I finished with it, it'd end up looking
like the Hanna Barbara G. =) But, since it's going for over $400 now, every one can
rest assured that I won't be butchering this particular marvel any time in the
forseeable future.

I'll just be happy to get my Bandais and square them off against one another whilst
my poor wife watches and shakes her head at yet another one of my vivid pass times.
::sigh:: If only she truly understood the Powerpuff Girls as I do...

Hey, there's an idea. Godzilla vs The Powerpuff Girls!!!
What do you guys think?

Galactus

Jan 9, 1999, 3:00:00 AM1/9/99

McTruck wrote:

> >But it was there. Right next to the fairy pixie
> >weasels.
>

> Hmmmm...I guess it's possible some of them got released in the US. I need a
> Mecha-G and Mecha-Ghidorah 10" to finish my 10" collection... now I guess I
> start offering outlandish sums of money for a 10" Biollante (still can't
> understand why no one on this group owns one)
>
> Truck

Is it SO unfathomable that some how a few of them got shipped into the US where a
couple of us managed to see them but no one thought to get it at the the time? I
admit, the odds are rather staggering, but it IS possible. That's my story and
I'm stickin too it. Dangit.

Wolf

Jan 9, 1999, 3:00:00 AM1/9/99
> Well, I can offer concrete evidence that it exists, and so can Saiko of
the Goji-world page.
> We have actually had one for sale! It comes in Doom Island packaging and
apparently was
> only released in Asia. I didn't think to take a picture, but it does
exist. I do still
> have a TM Megalon and Baragon in Doom Island packaging that are totally
different paint jobs
> from the American release.
No pictures, no proof.
I trust you, but it's not concrete. It's still eyewitness, and such.
I imagine, though, you might have a receipt or something which would list
who has it now. Perhaps you could contact them and have a picture taken?

McTruck

Jan 10, 1999, 3:00:00 AM1/10/99
>We have actually had one for sale! It comes in Doom Island packaging and
>apparently was
>only released in Asia.

I'd say this kills the "god, I wish I'd bought it when I saw it!" folk's
stories...

Truck

McTruck

Jan 10, 1999, 3:00:00 AM1/10/99

Marc Sperhauk

Jan 10, 1999, 3:00:00 AM1/10/99
On Sat, 09 Jan 1999 20:41:25 -0600, Galactus <gala...@telepath.com>
wrote:

>Is it SO unfathomable that some how a few of them got shipped into the US where a
>couple of us managed to see them but no one thought to get it at the the time? I
>admit, the odds are rather staggering, but it IS possible. That's my story and
>I'm stickin too it. Dangit.
>
>Kevin
>--

I do know for a fact that Toys'R'Us *advertised* a 'Godzilla Wars
Action Figures 10" light and sound poseable' Biollante because I am
looking at a copy of the ad that I saved (packrat that I am). I never
found one (but had a long chat with a TRU manager about advertising
things that they didn't sell). I always assumed that perhaps people
who reported seeing one and not buying it had in fact seen the ad and
then mis-remebered with the passage of time, but Sean's statement is
convincing. Still I would like to actually see a picture of one!

I don't have a scanner at home but could scan it a work if anyone
wants to see it.

Regards,

Hauk

(remove SPAM hating bits from e-mail)

Aaron Cooper

Jan 10, 1999, 3:00:00 AM1/10/99

McTruck <mct...@aol.com> wrote in article
<19990109211321...@ng-fa2.aol.com>...

As I've already mentioned to Sean in private e-mail, I should have been
more specific in my original post. Most Trendmasters collector's had heard
that this figure was released in Doom Island packaging overseas. My doubts
though are for those who claim to have seen this figure in Godzilla Wars
packaging on the shelves of Toys R Us on American shores.
As I told Sean, apparently several have seen it, but no one ever had the
cash to buy even one? Please.

Galactus

Jan 10, 1999, 3:00:00 AM1/10/99

Marc Sperhauk wrote:

> I do know for a fact that Toys'R'Us *advertised* a 'Godzilla Wars
> Action Figures 10" light and sound poseable' Biollante because I am
> looking at a copy of the ad that I saved (packrat that I am). I never
> found one (but had a long chat with a TRU manager about advertising
> things that they didn't sell). I always assumed that perhaps people
> who reported seeing one and not buying it had in fact seen the ad and
> then mis-remebered with the passage of time, but Sean's statement is
> convincing. Still I would like to actually see a picture of one!
>
> I don't have a scanner at home but could scan it a work if anyone
> wants to see it.

Well Hauk, I do yield that according to the laws of chance I could be mistaken for
just having seen it in a paper. But that doesn't really seem to fit. This was all of 3
or so years ago and Biollante was the first non-classic G figure I'd ever seen so I
was a bit curious about it as I'd not seen it before. Hell, untill I found G vs B at a
specialty shop I never even knew that there were any more movies after 84. But,
thankfully to the wondersous invention, the computer and the internet, I now know an
INCREDIBLE deal more about that wonderful Toho Universe.

But that stuff aside, I still think I saw one. No, I cannot ever provide proof unless
at some point in the future time travel becomes possible, but I doubt that. So, I'll
just hold this bit of info in my mind and be one of the few who remember...

Hey, does this mean i'm elite now? =)

ADestroyah

Jan 10, 1999, 3:00:00 AM1/10/99
Looks like the ten inch Biollante is turning into an urban G-Legend...everyone
and their neigbor has seen one, but no one has one!

Maybe it can be on an episode of X-Files...the toy that can only be seen and
not purchased..

What's the word on the ten inch Battra? Only released over seas? And if
Biollante was released for sale to the general public in Japan in Doom island
packaging, then shouldn't there be thousands of them around? Shouldn't be too
hard to find a dealer selling them..or you'de think one would have popped up on
e-Bay by now.

Galactus

Jan 10, 1999, 3:00:00 AM1/10/99

ADestroyah wrote:
*snop*

Possibly. At this point I'm not caring too much. (read: my head is THROBBING) Maybe
I was mistaken, maybe I wasn't. I'm sure if the green plastic exists one will show
up eventually, and if not, then it's another Star Godzilla. Either way, my head
hurts and i'm going to lay down now......

Kevin "ow ow ow" Kuhlman

Sean Linkenback

Jan 11, 1999, 3:00:00 AM1/11/99

Aaron Cooper wrote in message <01be3c68$3cc59680$b48f72cf@default>...

>My doubts
>though are for those who claim to have seen this figure in Godzilla Wars
>packaging on the shelves of Toys R Us on American shores.

I think people may have seen the 6" with sound Biollante and now wishfully
remember
it as a 10" one.
The only dealers in Japan that i saw with Doom Island toys were ones from
Hong Kong,
so i'm not even sure if the Doom Island series made it to Japan. I think it
might have been
a local to Hong Kong only release to clean out the warehouses.

The real impossible item to find would be the Power-up Angilas which the
dealer i bought
Biollante from swore he had had before, and he insisted some of his dealer
friends had the
monsters vs. dinosaurs three packs!!
Now that is something that would be cool to see.

Sean Linkenback
_ _
Visit us at:
http://www.Godzillatoy.com

ADestroyah

Jan 11, 1999, 3:00:00 AM1/11/99
>The real impossible item to find would be the Power-up Angilas which the
>dealer i bought
>Biollante from swore he had had before,

What's rare about Power Up Angilas?
There were hundreds of the whole "power up" line on the "dust" gathering
shelves at every Toys R Us i have ever been to in recent months.

I'm pretty sure I can find one now.

Sean Linkenback

Jan 11, 1999, 3:00:00 AM1/11/99

ADestroyah wrote in message <19990111185931...@ng25.aol.com>...

>What's rare about Power Up Angilas?
>There were hundreds of the whole "power up" line on the "dust" gathering
>shelves at every Toys R Us i have ever been to in recent months.

this is the thinking that will soon lead to everyone saying that they saw
Angilas
gathering dust at Toys-R-Us.
i have no doubt that you saw several different power-up figures, but i
highly doubt
that you saw either the Angilas or the Kumonga, in fact i would pay a
brand-new
$50 bill for one if you would pick one up for me.
later,

ADestroyah

Jan 12, 1999, 3:00:00 AM1/12/99

>ADestroyah wrote in message <19990111185931...@ng25.aol.com>...
>
>>What's rare about Power Up Angilas?
>>There were hundreds of the whole "power up" line on the "dust" gathering
>>shelves at every Toys R Us i have ever been to in recent months.
>

>this is the thinking that will soon lead to everyone saying that they saw
>Angilas
>gathering dust at Toys-R-Us.
>i have no doubt that you saw several different power-up figures, but i
>highly doubt
>that you saw either the Angilas or the Kumonga, in fact i would pay a
>brand-new
>$50 bill for one if you would pick one up for me.
>later,

Wow, so it really is rare?
I better get back to that Toys R Us and pray to the high Heavens that they are
still available. Correct me if I'm worng, but the power up figures are the ones
that come in the long boxes with snap on armor right?

Nick321

Jan 12, 1999, 3:00:00 AM1/12/99
Trendmasters website does have Classic G stuff. I just got some a while ago
and heard there's more on the way.

Nick321

Jan 12, 1999, 3:00:00 AM1/12/99
I've got proof that they exist. Go to the Trendmasters website and check the
online store. You'll see clasic G stuff and pictures of 10 in figs including
Battra and Biolante. Too bad they're only selling 6 in figs : (

JP

Jan 12, 1999, 3:00:00 AM1/12/99
Actually the Battra pictured is the Bandai Battra, and the Biollante pictured is
the prototype version (I saw it in person at one of the G-Cons). Also the Gigan
picture appears to be the Wave vinyl kit. My guess would be that the Space
Godzilla picture is a Japanese garage kit too, or perhaps an in house prototype.

JP

E-n¡gMå ??

Jan 13, 1999, 3:00:00 AM1/13/99
oh boy did toys-r-us mess up or what! it was most likely a recall toy.
you might of seen it but ,you would not of been able to buy it cuzz it's
a RECALL! toy stores sometimes get a report sheet telling them its a
recall and not sell them NO MATTER WHAT! i know this because i worked
for a large toy store company a while back and they pull schiesty moves
sometimes!
as for the 10inch mecha-ghidorah and mecha-G well you might have some
luck with kay-bee toys. they re-released them back in october98 . good
luck my friend!

the allmighty
GODZY2000

Marc Sperhauk

Jan 13, 1999, 3:00:00 AM1/13/99
wrote:

>McTruck wrote:
>
>> >But it was there. Right next to the fairy pixie
>> >weasels.
>>
>> Hmmmm...I guess it's possible some of them got released in the US. I need a
>> Mecha-G and Mecha-Ghidorah 10" to finish my 10" collection... now I guess I
>> start offering outlandish sums of money for a 10" Biollante (still can't
>> understand why no one on this group owns one)
>>
>> Truck
>
>Is it SO unfathomable that some how a few of them got shipped into the US where a
>couple of us managed to see them but no one thought to get it at the the time? I
>admit, the odds are rather staggering, but it IS possible. That's my story and
>I'm stickin too it. Dangit.
>
>Kevin
>--

I know for a fact that TRU *advertised* the 10" light and sound
Biollante because I saved the ad and am looking at it right now. I've
often thought that it's possible some people seeing that ad might,
though time, mis-remember that they actually saw the figure. And, of
course, it's also possible if they were actually manufactured then
some made it here through a packing error. But I would also very much
like to see hard evidence it exists, tho Sean's statement is *very*
convincing.

At the time, I carried the ad with me and had a long conversation with
a TRU manager about advertising things they don't carry....

I don't have a scanner at home but could scan it at work and post the
ad if anyone wants to see it.

Regards,

Hauk

(remove that SPAM guard from e-mail address)

Dr. Derek Robb, Kaiju no Hakase

Jan 14, 1999, 3:00:00 AM1/14/99
E-n?gM? ?? <GODZYK...@webtv.net> exploded:

| as for the 10inch mecha-ghidorah and mecha-G well you might have some
|luck with kay-bee toys. they re-released them back in october98 . good
|luck my friend!

Those shouldn't be too hard to find. Actually, the mecha-ghidrah and
mecha-godzilla 10" are some of the nicer ones. 'cept the mecha-ghi is
pretty ugly, and the mecha-godzi is curiously pin-headed.

--
Ducharm's Axiom:
If you view your problem closely enough you will recognize

David Thiel

Jan 14, 1999, 3:00:00 AM1/14/99
In article <77lkk8$rle$1...@tepe.tezcat.com> postm...@warez.phantom.com (Dr. Derek Robb, Kaiju no Hakase) writes:

>Those shouldn't be too hard to find. Actually, the mecha-ghidrah and
>mecha-godzilla 10" are some of the nicer ones. 'cept the mecha-ghi is
>pretty ugly, and the mecha-godzi is curiously pin-headed.

Even more curious about the 10" MechaGodzilla--it appears to be a remake
of one of the Bandai DX series. While I've not been able to directly compare
the two, they appear to be nearly identical sculpts, with the main exception
being the exclusion of the Garuda on the TM version. (TM sold it as a separate
piece, and incorporated firing missiles into the craft.) The two versions
share the same interchangable back plate to accomodate the Garuda.

Can anyone else confirm this?

David Thiel / Champaign, Illinois
E-mail: d-t...@uiuc.edu
WWW: http://www.geocities.com/Area51/Cavern/3227

Nick321

Jan 15, 1999, 3:00:00 AM1/15/99
>with the main exception
>being the exclusion of the Garuda on the TM version. (TM sold it as a
>separate
>piece, and incorporated firing missiles into the craft.) The two versions
>share the same interchangable back plate to accomodate the Garuda.

Thanks for the info. I wasn't sure what that piece was for (I thought there
might have been a Garuda somewhere out there). But I do have MechaG and it
does indeed come with an interchangable back plate.
Now any one know where I can find Garuda?

ADestroyah

Jan 15, 1999, 3:00:00 AM1/15/99
> Now any one know where I can find Garuda?

Try Kay-Bee...they seem to carry old toys.
If not your going to have to bid on one that pops up every now and then on
e-Bay.

gyaos

Jan 16, 1999, 3:00:00 AM1/16/99
adest...@aol.com (ADestroyah) wrote:

>> Now any one know where I can find Garuda?

>Try Kay-Bee...they seem to carry old toys.

I haven't seen a Garuda at a KB or a KB Toy Liquidators or a TRU
in literally years. I did see one for sale on eBay the other day and bids
were up to the ten dollar area. Last time one sold over there, it went
for more than $20 if memory serves me correctly.

Geez. The way things have worked out, wish I had bought a bunch a
few years ago when they were plentiful.

Kaiju kichigai,

Stevie C

http://www.facilities.gatech.edu/steve/godzilla/gazebo.htm