Gigan Toy

Dadchicago

Jul 13, 1997, 3:00:00 AM7/13/97

Hi!

Just bought a Gigan toy, and I don't know what brand it is or how much
it's worth ( Since it doesn't have a copyright). It's about 9" tall and
9" long and only 1 long fin on it's back (Instead of the usual 3).Instead
of the "hooks" on his hands and feet it has two small fingers on its hand
and toes on its feet. The colors on it are mostly a redish orange and
yellow with hints of green on its fin and on the lower part of his "saw"
on its chest. Some help would be greatly appreaciated.

Aaron

Turbo1Ranger

Jul 16, 1997, 3:00:00 AM7/16/97

In article <artboy-1507...@206.103.41.67>, art...@teleport.com says...

>In article <19970713161...@ladder01.news.aol.com>,
>What you have there is a Chinese (or Korean, I forget) unofficial knockoff
>of Gigan. It's not Gigan, per se. I've got a lot of these knockoffs from
>the Ultraman line and as far as I know, they're all worthless.
>
>But fun.

I hate cheap knockoffs. The same thing happened with a Kamen Rider figure. It
was called Super Rider,it looked like Kamen Rider 1, but it was a figure from
this chinese Kamen Rider movie called "Super Riders vs. The Devil."

It used stock footage of the Japanese actors.

I doubt if it's part of the official Rider fad, but it could be. Until I am
sure, I say it was a ripoff.

James