INDY 4

JOHN Schick

May 2, 1998, 3:00:00 AM5/2/98

Serious rumor in NY says Filming to begin in spring 99. Plot will be set
in early 1950's, with Indy & dad running into escaped Nazis in South
America while on vacation withn Indy's wife and kids. Indy realizes
these nazis have located where the Garden of Eden is located, and
there is a race to get there first to find the Tree of Life. Of course
Indy runs into a talking serpent who intends on perpetuating the nazi
cause for eternity ! Indy enlists the help of several old friends along
the way, and also encounters a yet to be famous Elvis. This episode will
enable a segwaying into future Indy movies by aging Indy. Dad (Connery)
dies at movies' end, declining to eat from the tree, instead opting for
the great adventure of the afterlife. Filming will take place in Rio,
Memphis, Morroco and Hanna (Maui-Eden). Target release date;12/99.

Sincerely,
John R. Schick

Graham Trelfer

May 3, 1998, 3:00:00 AM5/3/98

In article <6if1e5$2ln$1...@newsd-111.bryant.webtv.net>, JOHN Schick
<as...@webtv.net> writes

Wow Elvis is it!

--
Graham Trelfer
"Neither to fate nor fortune, but to heaven."

Deckard

May 3, 1998, 3:00:00 AM5/3/98

Hmmm. The 50's...Elvis...this rumour wouldn't be going round the same circles
as the final "Seinfeld" episode script, would it?

Hey, everyone...even LucasFilm can only work on ONE legendary trilogy at a
time. And As for Steven Spielberg's involvement...well, we're still waiting on a
quality Dreamworks picture, aren't we? So far we have a story about a
MOUSE, and a big screen adaptation of "ASTEROID".

I think it would be great , too, but I'd rather wait for quality than have a rushed,
BAD picture.

Thoughts.

-Deckard.

--

"...the greater part of my wardrobe is black... it's a sensible colour. It goes with
anything. Well, anything black..."

Cosmo Kramer

May 4, 1998, 3:00:00 AM5/4/98

I agree with you on the lack of good Dreamworks films EXCEPT FOR ONE:
Amistad. I was captivated with all aspects of the film during the movie:
acting, script, cinematography, MUSIC (yeah J.W.!).

--
Cosmo

Michael Semon

May 5, 1998, 3:00:00 AM5/5/98

Thanks alot, Mr. Blow the Picture For Me!!

sckrpnch

May 6, 1998, 3:00:00 AM5/6/98

Yes, Amistad was great.
Many people found it boring for some reason,
but I loved it.

I hope its lukewarm box-office performance and failure at
the oscars doesn't discourage Speilberg from continuing to make movies
with that kind of style and content.

I bet he was pissed that it didn't even get nominated!
I was.

Another movie grossly overlooked at the oscars
was "The Edge".
The "rites of passage" themes and great dialogue
from Mamet... so wonderful.
...not to mention some fantastic acting
from Hopkins and Baldwin.

Hopkins said Baldwin was the best actor he had ever worked with.
Baldwin and Mamet are a great mix... "Glengarry Glen Ross"...

"brass balls!"

John Caldwell

May 9, 1998, 3:00:00 AM5/9/98

Well I would like to say first off that the post on the filming in
Memphis isn't true. I'm a Special Effects Artist and I live in
Tennessee. Once I read this post I called my local film office. They
had NO idea what was going on about Indy or anything else for that
matter. Then I called the Memphis film office all they could say was a
large production film will be coming soon. They are looking for actors
and crew. No time frame was given to me oh when the shoot /
preproduction will begin. As well as how long it will be for. Now I've
been doing effects / stunts for many years now and have a good name and
lots of friends in the biz all over the world. Grated I don't know the
original poster on this or what he does. He may actully be working on
the film for all I know. Just thought I would put in my two cents.
Cheers,
John Caldwell

Graham Trelfer

May 10, 1998, 3:00:00 AM5/10/98

In article <6j31mr$hgn$1...@newsd-122.bryant.webtv.net>, John Caldwell
<FxWi...@webtv.net> writes
That seems like a lot of effort for something that was obviously a joke.
Now I didn't post the original but here it is. Lets play spot the
flaws.

>Serious rumor in NY says Filming to begin in spring 99. Plot will be set
>in early 1950's, with Indy & dad running into escaped Nazis in South
>America

Nazis in South America, didn't know they were there

while on vacation withn Indy's wife and kids.

And he happens to be on holiday with his family at the time?

Indy realizes
>these nazis have located where the Garden of Eden is located, and
>there is a race to get there first to find the Tree of Life. Of course
>Indy runs into a talking serpent who intends on perpetuating the nazi
>cause for eternity ! Indy enlists the help of several old friends along
>the way,

What old friends would come back to south America?

and also encounters a yet to be famous Elvis.

You can see where is this going.

This episode will
>enable a segwaying into future Indy movies by aging Indy. Dad (Connery)
>dies at movies' end, declining to eat from the tree, instead opting for
>the great adventure of the afterlife.

Ain't that sweet but as someone said the threat of Indy's dad dying has
already been used.

Filming will take place in Rio,
>Memphis, Morroco and Hanna (Maui-Eden). Target release date;12/99.

Indy is a summer blockbuster not a christmas movie.

If this is the plot it sounds like some script writers have fallen on
their heads one to many times.

Tony Rush

May 16, 1998, 3:00:00 AM5/16/98

Since when was the Garden of Eden located in South America?