Free Screenwriting Tips Every Day

wcmartell

Jul 11, 2009, 6:11:49 AM7/11/09
Writing a screenplay?

Want a FREE Script Tip every day from a working professional
screenwriter with 19 produced scripts?

http://www.ScriptSecrets.Net

FREE Script Tips every day! From dialogue to drama to visual
storytelling to characterization to... every Tuesday is Biz Tip day!
These are no puny little tips, most are between 1,000 and 2,500 words
- a full article on some aspect of screenwriting, usually using a
current or classic film as an example. There are now over 360 tips,
over a year's worth of material! That's like a dozen free screenwritng
books!

Friday's Script Tip is on Symbolic Characters. When you are writing a
script with a more internal conflict, how to create characters that
represent aspects of that conflict so that you can externalize it...
and make it a conflict we can see. Here is that tip:
http://www.ScriptSecrets.Net/tips/tip310.htm

Check it out today!

- Bill

PS: RECESSION SALE - CLASSES ON CD! Five Classes are ready to ship on
audio CD: GUERRILLA MARKETING YOUR SCRIPT: NO AGENT? NO PROBLEM!,
WRITING HORROR, WRITING THRILLERS (2 CD set), WRITING INDIES and IDEAS
& CREATIVITY.

Now, $5 off until this damned recession is over! Lowest prices ever.

GUERRILLA MARKETING YOUR SCRIPT: NO AGENT? NO PROBLEM! Is a full
length CD of my popular class on selling your script without an
agent. Dozens of methods (at least thirty) to get your script to
market on your own. All of the things that *I* have done to sell my
scripts - so I know they work.

WRITING HORROR - The essentials of a horror screenplay - what do
ROSEMARY'S BABY, NIGHT OF THE LIVING DEAD, THE EXORCIST, BRIDE OF
FRANKENSTEIN, THE OTHERS and OPEN WATER have in common? This class
will tell you! All of the critical elements necessary to write a
script that scares the pants off the audience.

WRITING THRILLERS - a TWO CD Class - The first CD covers the
essentials of a thriller screenplay, using examples from MINORITY
REPORT, NORTH BY NORTHWEST, BOURNE IDENTITY, BREAKDOWN, THE LADY
VANISHES, THE GAME and THREE DAYS OF THE CONDOR as primary examples -
what do all of those films have in common? This CD will tell you! Part
Two covers the 20 iconic scenes in Thriller films, and explains how
suspense works using MINORITY REPORT as an example and how plot twists
work using BOURNE
SUPREMACY and other films.

More CDs and more info:
http://www.scriptsecrets.net/products/audio-sale.htm

wcmartell

Jul 22, 2009, 6:01:27 PM7/22/09
Monday's Tip and Tuesday's Tip were complete rewrites with new
(current) film examples!

Did you miss them?

- Bill

FREE SCRIPT TIPS:
http://www.ScriptSecrets.Net

wcmartell

Sep 4, 2009, 5:41:29 PM9/4/09
On my blog on Fridays I look at a Hitchcock film and find a
screenwriting lesson or two in it. Fun for me, because I get to re-
watch all of these great (and some not-so-great) movies, and just
about all of them have some sort of experiment in them. Hitchcock
challenging himself.

This week the film is SPELLBOUND with Ingrid Bergman and Gregory Peck
and Leo G. Carroll... and a Dali dream sequence.

If you scroll down a couple of posts, you'll find an index to all of
the Fridays With Hitchcock so far that links to the articles.

http://sex-in-a-sub.blogspot.com/

- Bill
Free Script Tips Every Day:
http://www.ScriptSecrets.Net