I Seek Sage Advice..or personal opinions...

Pyth

Nov 8, 2001, 11:28:23 PM11/8/01
It seems that the most trivial decisions are the most difficult.
If you had to choose between three of your least favorites...how do you
choose?

I'm buying a 2001 Giro E2, the only color combinations are red, yellow &
blue, and white & silver.

I hate red, I hate yellow (but like blue), and I personally don't like white
helmets.

I must choose between these three, my desire for the E2 drives me forward --
leaning towards red at the moment.

So, if you would, please rate the color choices:

1 = best
2 = second best
3 = worst

It would truly help bring peace -- truly.

Penny S

Nov 8, 2001, 11:41:56 PM11/8/01

"Pyth" <dcs...@ufl.edu> wrote in message

> It seems that the most trivial decisions are the most difficult.
> If you had to choose between three of your least favorites...how do you
> choose?
>
> I'm buying a 2001 Giro E2, the only color combinations are red, yellow &
> blue, and white & silver.
>
> I hate red, I hate yellow (but like blue), and I personally don't like
white
> helmets.
>
> I must choose between these three, my desire for the E2 drives me
forward --
> leaning towards red at the moment.
>
> So, if you would, please rate the color choices:
>
> 1 = best
> 2 = second best
> 3 = worst

we're talking helmet colors right? forget the red, yellow and blue and the
white and silver. Go for the one that has little daisies , or the one that
has flames. If we were talking lycra here, I"d say whatever makes your butt
look better.

actually I'd take white and silver, least innocuous of the bunch.

penny

Wayne Cattanach

Nov 8, 2001, 11:54:06 PM11/8/01
So what color would go best with the color of your bike?????? Aesthetic
Balance

Pyth

Nov 9, 2001, 12:47:46 AM11/9/01

"Wayne Cattanach" <catt...@wmis.net> wrote in message

> So what color would go best with the color of your bike?????? Aesthetic
> Balance

Well, the frame is kinda red (closer to garnet). It's a 2000 Rocky Thin
Air. Dark blue SID fork, blue King headset, blue lettering on the frame.

Pete

Nov 9, 2001, 12:50:52 AM11/9/01

"Pyth" <dcs...@ufl.edu> wrote in message
> It seems that the most trivial decisions are the most difficult.
> If you had to choose between three of your least favorites...how do you
> choose?
>
> I'm buying a 2001 Giro E2, the only color combinations are red, yellow &
> blue, and white & silver.
>
> I hate red, I hate yellow (but like blue), and I personally don't like
white
> helmets.

well..you want to pay$140 for a foamie, which only comes in colors you don't
like.

You have more problems than can be addressed here.

Pete

Catfish

Nov 9, 2001, 2:03:44 AM11/9/01

$80 at PricePoint right now.

http://www.pricepoint.com/helmets.html

Catfish

Catfish

Nov 9, 2001, 2:07:26 AM11/9/01
On Thu, 08 Nov 2001 23:03:44 -0800, Catfish <catfi...@yahoo.com>
wrote:

My mistake, $90. Sorry.

Stephen Baker

Nov 9, 2001, 7:12:59 AM11/9/01
Penny says:

> If we were talking lycra here, I"d say whatever makes your butt
>look better.

So _that's_ how the professional needle-person picks colors!

Roger Buchanan

Nov 9, 2001, 8:11:58 AM11/9/01
Pyth wrote:

> I'm buying a 2001 Giro E2, the only color combinations are red, yellow &
> blue, and white & silver.

Here's some Sage advice. Buy it fresh, and when using it grind it up in your palms
before putting it in the recipe. It's more flavourful that way.

As for helmet colour choices....

I know for a fact that bright yellow attracts all kinds of insects. Neither would
I want to be wearing a big red helmet during the mating season in the woods, as
well, I think red gets kinda hot. That leaves a nice innocuous white & silver
combination, one that you wouldn't really see a lot of since it's on your head.

White would also allow you to plaster the helmet with a lot of... "stickers".

(Oh no! I hope I didn't set ClydesdaleMTB off on a "sticker binge"!!!)
--

- Rog
Anyone can be a mountain biker,

Phil Winterbourne

Nov 9, 2001, 8:37:48 AM11/9/01
Pyth wrote:

> It seems that the most trivial decisions are the most difficult.
> If you had to choose between three of your least favorites...how do you
> choose?
>
> I'm buying a 2001 Giro E2, the only color combinations are red, yellow &
> blue, and white & silver.
>
> I hate red, I hate yellow (but like blue), and I personally don't like white
> helmets.
>
> I must choose between these three, my desire for the E2 drives me forward --
> leaning towards red at the moment.

[snip]

Agreed - everyone knows that red ones go faster.

Phil.

sw1nt

Nov 9, 2001, 9:48:19 AM11/9/01
On Thu, 8 Nov 2001 23:28:23 -0500, Pyth <dcs...@ufl.edu> wrote:

>I must choose between these three, my desire for the E2 drives me forward --
>leaning towards red at the moment.
>
>So, if you would, please rate the color choices:
>
>1 = best
>2 = second best
>3 = worst

You can always spray paint it, or drag it through the dirt and mud for a while,
then you will look hardcore.

--
swint
"You know, Toad," said Frog with his mouth full,

Roach

Nov 9, 2001, 10:21:48 AM11/9/01
"Pyth" wrote:
> outstanding inanity

OMGWTFBBQ DOOD UR HELMET IS SO IMPORTANT OBVIOUSLY GO WITH RED FOOL THEN YOU
GET LESS SPEEDING TICKETS LOOLOLOLOLOLLL!!!!!

Bruce

Nov 9, 2001, 10:28:42 AM11/9/01

"Pyth" <dcs...@ufl.edu> wrote in message
> It seems that the most trivial decisions are the most difficult.
> If you had to choose between three of your least favorites...how do you
> choose?

<snip > personal request

You're seriously asking others to make a color choice? What difference does
it make what color I would choose? I own a red E2, by the way. Why don't
you ask us what you should eat for dinner?

I'd understand the request if you were trying to decide between
models...checking for fit and comfort, but color????? What difference does
that make?....unless you're riding around hunters..LOL

Stephen Baker

Nov 9, 2001, 10:51:00 AM11/9/01
>OMGWTFBBQ DOOD UR HELMET IS SO IMPORTANT OBVIOUSLY GO WITH RED FOOL THEN YOU
>GET LESS SPEEDING TICKETS LOOLOLOLOLOLLL!!!!!

Less caffeine, dewd!

Penny S

Nov 9, 2001, 10:45:17 AM11/9/01

"Stephen Baker" <saild...@aol.comnospam> wrote in message

actually I go by price.. of the lycra. Good heavy bike shorts stuff is hard
to find unless you want a 100 yard bolt of it.

penny

JD

Nov 9, 2001, 11:25:27 AM11/9/01
"Pyth" <dcs...@ufl.edu> wrote in message news:<3beb5...@corp-goliath.newsgroups.com>...
> It seems that the most trivial decisions are the most difficult.
> If you had to choose between three of your least favorites...how do you
> choose?
>
> I'm buying a 2001 Giro E2, the only color combinations are red, yellow &
> blue, and white & silver.
>
> I hate red, I hate yellow (but like blue), and I personally don't like white
> helmets.
>
> I must choose between these three, my desire for the E2 drives me forward --
> leaning towards red at the moment.
>
> So, if you would, please rate the color choices:
>
> 1 = best
> 2 = second best
> 3 = worst
>
> It would truly help bring peace -- truly.

What are you, a fucking idiot? Just go helmetless because there's
nothing up there to protect anyways.

JD

Pyth

Nov 9, 2001, 3:58:41 PM11/9/01

"JD" <cka...@webtv.net> wrote in message

If I were to meet you in person....I'd be much more polite 'cause you're big
as hell.
However, since this is an anonymous forum -- fuck off if you have nothing
helpful to offer...go work on keeping the evil bastards within a 12" path.

Pyth

Nov 9, 2001, 4:03:55 PM11/9/01

"Bruce" <trat...@cruzio.com> wrote in message

Come on, Bruce. The post was tongue-in-cheek.
Laced with sarcasm. I identified the issue as trivial (at best).
I surely don't hang on the opinions here -- I figured I'd use the NG like a
flip of a coin.
I decided on the *important* part -- that's why it's the E2. Color choice
was simply "I-hate-them-all-so-is-it-heads-or-tales!"

Thanks to all those who offered the respectable posts.

John Spann

Nov 9, 2001, 6:54:10 PM11/9/01

"Pyth" <dcs...@ufl.edu> wrote in message
> It seems that the most trivial decisions are the most
difficult.
> If you had to choose between three of your least
favorites...how do you
> choose?
>
> I'm buying a 2001 Giro E2, the only color combinations are
red, yellow &
> blue, and white & silver.
>
> I hate red, I hate yellow (but like blue), and I
personally don't like white
> helmets.
>
> I must choose between these three, my desire for the E2
drives me forward --
> leaning towards red at the moment.
>
> So, if you would, please rate the color choices:
>
> 1 = best
> 2 = second best
> 3 = worst
>
> It would truly help bring peace -- truly.

Please take this to rec.bicycles.racing. They'll help you
out.

--
___________________________
John Spann

Bruce

Nov 9, 2001, 8:33:40 PM11/9/01

"Pyth" <dcs...@ufl.edu> wrote in message

<snip> key lashing

Ya got me there. I must've glossed over "trivial".

So...You said

"I figured I'd use the NG like a

flip of a coin.".......

What was your decision? btw...It's a great helmet...so far as comfort goes.
I haven't had the bad luck yet of seeing how well it protects.

Interestingly enough, I recently read a summary of some safety rating for
helmets and they recommend "as round as possible" to minimize the chance of
the helmet catching onto something during a fall.

gazzer

Nov 9, 2001, 10:00:13 PM11/9/01

"John Spann" <jsp...@home.com> wrote in message

I thought rec.bicycles.gayness might be more appropriate.

Pyth

Nov 9, 2001, 10:00:11 PM11/9/01

"Bruce" <trat...@cruzio.com> wrote in message

I chose the red. It's not too bad -- and it is the fastest. ;-)
I figured since the Rocky Mtn Team jersey that I race in has a lot of red, I
should just go the complete race geek route and match.
Still wearin' baggy shorts tho!
Thx!

Pyth

Nov 9, 2001, 10:10:43 PM11/9/01

"gazzer" <hongko...@yahoo.com> wrote in message

I've never seen to that NG. You been there trollin' for some new ride
buddies?

You guys are cocks -- no really, you are.

Stephen Baker

Nov 10, 2001, 8:23:48 AM11/10/01
>Still wearin' baggy shorts tho!
>Thx!

I hope they're red!

JD

Nov 10, 2001, 12:31:11 PM11/10/01
"Pyth" <dcs...@ufl.edu> wrote in message news:<3bec3...@corp-goliath.newsgroups.com>..

> If I were to meet you in person....I'd be much more polite 'cause you're big
> as hell.
> However, since this is an anonymous forum -- fuck off if you have nothing
> helpful to offer...go work on keeping the evil bastards within a 12" path.

You're a pussy....no, you really are.

JD

Pyth

Nov 11, 2001, 5:04:30 PM11/11/01

"JD" <cka...@webtv.net> wrote in message

Did you learn the word "pussy" while studying for your GED?
Go play in the woods, Gomer. Bike skills are all you've got!

MatthewH

Nov 12, 2001, 8:21:01 AM11/12/01
> What are you, a fucking idiot? Just go helmetless because there's
> nothing up there to protect anyways.

Relax man, just ignore the post if you dont like it..
Had a tough childhood or something?

Matt

Van Bagnol

Nov 13, 2001, 3:54:26 PM11/13/01
In article <3beb6...@corp-goliath.newsgroups.com>, "Pyth"
<dcs...@ufl.edu> wrote:

> "Wayne Cattanach" <catt...@wmis.net> wrote in message
> > So what color would go best with the color of your bike??????
>

> Well, the frame is kinda red (closer to garnet). It's a 2000 Rocky Thin
> Air. Dark blue SID fork, blue King headset, blue lettering on the frame.

Red/blue frame? Okay, red/blue/(yellow) helmet.

or...

Two words: spray paint.

Personally, I'd wait for the next year's models and see what color
schemes they come up with.

Van

--
Van Bagnol / v a n at wco dot com / c r l at bagnol dot com
...enjoys - Theatre / Windsurfing / Skydiving / Mountain Biking

craz...@webtv.net

Nov 13, 2001, 6:03:30 PM11/13/01
Silly rabit its your head you trying to save, not win a
color contest. Sure I don't like white, love all the rest. And I own
4, red, flamed, yellow, and blue.

MTB 2001