Stop reading Craigslist

BryanUT

Oct 31, 2006, 7:36:02 PM10/31/06
Now, I see this:

http://saltlakecity.craigslist.org/mcy/227071635.html

After reading that ad I found a whole bunch of links related to the KLR 650.
Especially this one: http://transamtrail.com/. I could ride dirt roads from
Utah all the way to my Aunt's place near Memphis, TN!

I love my F4i, but a bike like this tempting, and CHEAP!

Bryan

BrianNZ

Oct 31, 2006, 7:41:26 PM10/31/06

Do it! Impulse buying is the only way to go......

Iv'e got new rubber on the KTM 640 and I'm going up roads I haven't been
on in over 20 years (when I had a TT 250). My 'gravelnoia' has just
about gone and I'm looking on maps where all the dirt roads are.

No need to sell the F4i.....it does you good to have more than one bike!

Robert Striemer

Oct 31, 2006, 10:10:28 PM10/31/06
Looks to be a great deal but I agree with NZ, don't sell off the F4i. These
bikes are worlds apart. You'll want both.

You need about a 32" inseam to plant your feet flat on the ground with the
stock seat. With the dished Corbin probably 30" will do. Leg length is
important with such a tall bike.

I found it to be a real paint shaker during break-in - the first eight
hundred miles or so. You will find your hands go kinda numb after about 30
minutes. Gel grips help. The guy selling it has made some very nice and
useful mods. The KLR community loves farkle. Parts are cheap and plentiful
as the bike has had no significant changes in over 20 years. The 2008 model
is a considerable overhaul though and will be more money.

Check the KLR owners favourite parts source; Arrowhead Motors at
http://www.angelfire.com/ut/moab/index.html
in Moab. Fred Hink (owner) gives great service, advice, etc. with class -
even to Canadians!

Utah is probably the best place in the world to own a KLR.

Way better way than HD.

Rob
KLR 650

"BryanUT" <nest...@comcast.net> wrote in message

TroytheTroll

Oct 31, 2006, 10:17:24 PM10/31/06

> Utah is probably the best place in the world to own a KLR.
>
> Way better way than HD.
>
> Rob
> KLR 650

I'd second that. The KLR is a great bike.