Z80 processor (80pin version)

Tomasz Pyra

Sep 6, 2002, 5:49:23 PM9/6/02
I have 80-pin version of Z80.

All docs I found on net is about reguler (40pin) version of Z80. Do you
have pinout and other docs about 80pin version?

80 pin ver. was used in Gamboy and TI-80 calculator.

Raivo Nael

Sep 9, 2002, 9:25:06 AM9/9/02
This sounds interesting... Must be not Z80 but some other chip maybe
based on Z80, maybe not. I know Z80c015 or something like that is z80
with peripherals on the chip (and uses 84 pin PLCC package). Z180 uses
64 pin shrinked dip. What package this chip has?

Raivo

Jan-Hinnerk Reichert

Sep 9, 2002, 11:08:27 AM9/9/02
Tomasz Pyra wrote:

The gameboy uses an LR35902. Not verified it myself.
Found this information at:
http://fms.komkon.org/GameBoy/Tech/

I quick search for datasheet revealed that they are others searching?
Seems to be from SHARP.

Tomasz Pyra

Sep 9, 2002, 2:18:28 PM9/9/02
Jan-Hinnerk Reichert wrote:

So it seems that my cpu isn't same as in gameboy.
My pinouts are different.

I have A0-A7 at pins 1-8
D7-D0 at pins 9-16
and A8-A14 at pins 33-39

Other - unknown...
My chip is Toshiba T6M53.

Ashok Mahadevan

Sep 9, 2002, 5:07:07 PM9/9/02
I know Toshiba used to produce Z80 parts in their TMPZ84Cxx family that had
more than the standard 40 pins (84 pin and 100 pin parts). Did you check
these?

-Ashok

Tomasz Pyra

Sep 11, 2002, 8:25:17 AM9/11/02
Ashok Mahadevan wrote:

> I know Toshiba used to produce Z80 parts in their TMPZ84Cxx family that
> had more than the standard 40 pins (84 pin and 100 pin parts). Did you
> check these?

yes... but it isn't it