US Soldiers to Shoot Survivors in New Orleans

Terry Cross

Sep 2, 2005, 4:07:00 PM9/2/05
Troops Swarm New Orleans With Shoot-to-Kill Orders
U.S. troops poured into New Orleans Friday to scare off looting gangs
so rescuers can help the stranded.

Tourist Debbie Durso of Washington, Mich., said she asked a police
officer for assistance and his response was, ``'Go to hell - it's every
man for himself.'''

FEMA officials said some operations had to be suspended in areas where
gunfire had broken out.

Outside a looted Rite-Aid drugstore, some people were anxious to show
they needed what they were taking. A gray-haired man who would not give
his name pulled up his T-shirt to show a surgery scar and explained
that he needs pads for incontinence.

http://cnn.netscape.cnn.com/ns/news/story.jsp?idq=/ff/story/0001%2F20050902%2F1100397224.htm&sc=1110&photoid=20050901LAEG205&ewp=ewp_news_0805katrina_no&floc=NW_1-T
© Copyright The Associated Press. All rights reserved. The information
contained In this news report may not be published, broadcast or
otherwise distributed without the prior written authority of The
Associated Press.

Great stuff. If you and your children were starving and thirsty on the
ruined streets of New Orleans, would you respect the "property rights"
of the supermarket corporations?

The spirit of America rides naked like Lady Godiva through the streets
of New Orleans, and we see her in all her charms:

Property before life.

Death before theft.

Mammon before manna.

I am so ashamed of my country. This is the spirit of America we saw
laughing when the Davidians were burning. This is the spirit of the US
Government we saw rattling sabres at tiny Afghanistan instead of
running rescue operations into the ruins of the WTC.

Incidentally, has Israel offered any international aid to its "good
friend" and protector, now that we could use a little help?

TCross

duke

Sep 2, 2005, 4:48:27 PM9/2/05
On 2 Sep 2005 13:07:00 -0700, "Terry Cross" <tcro...@hotmail.com> wrote:

>Troops Swarm New Orleans With Shoot-to-Kill Orders
>U.S. troops poured into New Orleans Friday to scare off looting gangs
>so rescuers can help the stranded.

>Tourist Debbie Durso of Washington, Mich., said she asked a police

>officer for assistance and his response was, ``'Go to hell - it's every
>man for himself.'''

Gosh, where did this weird story come from, not that an isolated case didn't
occur.

duke
*****
Pope Paul VI
*****

P.T.

Sep 2, 2005, 4:49:48 PM9/2/05

"duke" <duckg...@cox.net> wrote in message

> On 2 Sep 2005 13:07:00 -0700, "Terry Cross" <tcro...@hotmail.com> wrote:
>
>>Troops Swarm New Orleans With Shoot-to-Kill Orders
>>U.S. troops poured into New Orleans Friday to scare off looting gangs
>>so rescuers can help the stranded.
>
>>Tourist Debbie Durso of Washington, Mich., said she asked a police
>>officer for assistance and his response was, ``'Go to hell - it's every
>>man for himself.'''
>
> Gosh, where did this weird story come from, not that an isolated case
> didn't
> occur.
>
> duke

It came from www.sensationalism.com

Terry Cross

Sep 2, 2005, 5:00:41 PM9/2/05

Shame on you, Patty. I posted the URL with the story. It is an AP
story carried by CNN, and the URL is
http://cnn.netscape.cnn.com/ns/news/story.jsp?idq=/ff/story/0001%2F20050902%2F1100397224.htm&sc=1110&photoid=20050901LAEG205&ewp=ewp_news_0805katrina_no&floc=NW_1-T

You make it sound like both of you are wading in the longest river in
the world (denial).

TCross

P.T.

Sep 2, 2005, 5:06:13 PM9/2/05

"Terry Cross" <tcro...@hotmail.com> wrote in message

> P.T. wrote:
>> "duke" <duckg...@cox.net> wrote in message

>> > Gosh, where did this weird story come from, not that an isolated case
>> > didn't
>> > occur.
>> >
>> > duke
>>
>> It came from www.sensationalism.com
>
> Shame on you, Patty. I posted the URL with the story. It is an AP
> story carried by CNN, and the URL is

Shame on YOU Terry, the article says "These troops KNOW HOW to shoot and
kill", yet your subject line has has twisted this. This is called
SENSATIONALISM.

E. F >Udd.

Sep 2, 2005, 5:24:48 PM9/2/05

[...]

IF YOU AND YOUR CHILDREN ARE STARVING AND THIRSTY ON THE RUINED STREETS OF
NEW ORLEANS, YOU ARE STUPID. STAYING BELOW SEA LEVEL WITH A CATEGORY 5
HURRICANE BEARING DOWN ON YOU IS RETARDED, ESPECIALLY IF YOU DON'T FILL UP A
FEW BACKPACKS WITH WATER AND FOOD WHILE YOU IGNORE THE EVACUATION ORDERS.
THOSE WITH CRAPPY SURVIVAL SKILLS SUFFER THE CONSEQUENCES. NOW THE WELFARE
SUCKERS ARE BEGGING AGAIN.

The spirit of America rides naked like Lady Godiva through the streets
of New Orleans, and we see her in all her charms:

Property before life.

MY PROPERTY. MY LIFE. YOU TAKE CARE OF YOURS AND I'LL TAKE CARE OF MINE. GET
IT?

Death before theft.

Mammon before manna.

I am so ashamed of my country. This is the spirit of America we saw
laughing when the Davidians were burning. This is the spirit of the US
Government we saw rattling sabres at tiny Afghanistan instead of
running rescue operations into the ruins of the WTC.

YOU IGNORANT, ARROGANT FOOL. ASK THE MANY FIREFIGHTERS' WIDOWS AND
FATHERLESS CHILDREN ABOUT HEROICALLY TRYING TO RESCUE INNOCENT VICTIMS ON
SEPTEMBER 11TH.

Incidentally, has Israel offered any international aid to its "good
friend" and protector, now that we could use a little help?

TCross

INCIDENTALLY, YOU JUST MAKE YOURSELF LOOK LIKE AN IDIOT WITH THAN
NON-SEQUITUR.

Terry Cross

Sep 2, 2005, 5:35:49 PM9/2/05

The full quote from that story is as follows:

Gov. Kathleen Blanco called the looters "hoodlums" and issued a warning
to lawbreakers: Hundreds of National Guardsmen hardened on the
battlefield in Iraq have landed in New Orleans. "They have M-16s and
they're locked and loaded," she said. "These troops know how to shoot
and kill, and they are more than willing to do so, and I expect they
will."

You snipped it. Why?

Shoot to kill is expected behavior of those troops. That the governor
speaking, and she is the nominal commander in chief of the Louisianna
Army National Guard.

Here are more references for you:

Plaquemines Parish, Louisiana Sheriff Jeff Hingle says he knows how to
deal with looters -- shoot to kill. This Louisiana sheriff is not
kidding when he says that if you come to his community to loot, you
will not leave alive.
Hingle has deputized an additional 150 officers, armed them with rifles
and six boxes of bullets each. He has stationed them on the border of
Orleans Parish and says he plans to nip this problem in the bud. He
says if New Orleans would start shooting its looters, the problem would
soon cease. (Copyright 2005 by Newsroom Solutions/Regional News
Service) http://www.kbtv4.tv/news/default.asp?mode=shownews&id=9383

New Orleans, LA (AHN) - In a bid to prevent rioting and looting,
authorities issue shoot-to-kill orders to the troops in New Orleans.
President Bush promises zero tolerance" for the armed gangs controlling
the flooded city, reports Agence France-Press. He is scheduled to
visit the affected region, and to ensure his safety, 300 members of the
Arkansas National Guard have been deployed. Louisiana Governor
Kathleen Blanco says that the guardsmen are allowed to open fire on
"hoodlums" taking advantage of from the devastation by Hurricane
Katrina." These troops are fresh back from Iraq, well trained,
experienced, battle tested and under my orders to restore order in the
streets," Blanco says. "They have M-16s and they are locked and
loaded. These troops know how to shoot and kill and they are more than
willing to do so if necessary and I expect they will," she adds.
http://www.allheadlinenews.com/articles/7000002073

And from the London Times:
"National Guard have shoot-to-kill orders to deal with armed gangs
Police are avoiding duty as bullet-riddled bodies come to light
THOUSANDS of National Guardsmen poured into New Orleans yesterday with
shoot-to-kill orders as armed gangs continued to terrorise a city awash
with rotting bodies and toxic waste."
http://www.timesonline.co.uk/article/0,,11069-1762644,00.html

No, it is really true, Patty. US Armed forces are given orders to
shoot US citizens wihtout trial, without rights, no questions asked.
If you are in a local supermarket foraging food for your starving and
thirsty children, you risk being assassinated by your own government.

Or is it "exterminated?" How about "liquidated?"

Nobody would know what happened to you. You are supposed to die
quietly like a law-abiding citizen.

TCross

R.D. Heilman

Sep 2, 2005, 5:47:24 PM9/2/05

"duke" <duckg...@cox.net> wrote in message
> On 2 Sep 2005 13:07:00 -0700, "Terry Cross" <tcro...@hotmail.com> wrote:
>
>>Troops Swarm New Orleans With Shoot-to-Kill Orders
>>U.S. troops poured into New Orleans Friday to scare off looting gangs
>>so rescuers can help the stranded.
>
>>Tourist Debbie Durso of Washington, Mich., said she asked a police
>>officer for assistance and his response was, ``'Go to hell - it's every
>>man for himself.'''
>
> Gosh, where did this weird story come from, not that an isolated case
> didn't
> occur.

On NBC it was reported that looters did kill one police officer.
It's too bad that New Orleans and Louisiana did not have the
same caliber mayor and the same caliber governor as New York
city and state.

RD

P.T.

Sep 2, 2005, 5:56:27 PM9/2/05

> The full quote from that story is as follows:
>
> Gov. Kathleen Blanco called the looters "hoodlums" and issued a warning
> to lawbreakers: Hundreds of National Guardsmen hardened on the
> battlefield in Iraq have landed in New Orleans. "They have M-16s and
> they're locked and loaded," she said. "These troops know how to shoot
> and kill, and they are more than willing to do so, and I expect they
> will."
>
> You snipped it. Why?

Terry, they are ready to use force against dangerous criminals, not just
"survivors" like your subject line indicates.

fact-c...@hotmail.com

Sep 2, 2005, 6:00:02 PM9/2/05
Terry Cross wrote:

> I am so ashamed of my country. This is the spirit of America we saw
> laughing when the Davidians were burning. This is the spirit of the US
> Government we saw rattling sabres at tiny Afghanistan instead of
> running rescue operations into the ruins of the WTC.
>
> Incidentally, has Israel offered any international aid to its "good
> friend" and protector, now that we could use a little help?
>
> TCross

=======

So you hate the United States and you hate Israel.

News reports say that in Mississippi a man shot his sister to death
over a bag of ice, so we need plenty of police in place to prevent
desperate people from attacking each other.

E. F >Udd.

Sep 2, 2005, 5:50:53 PM9/2/05

"Terry Cross" <tcro...@hotmail.com> wrote in message

> No, it is really true, Patty. US Armed forces are given orders to
> shoot US citizens wihtout trial, without rights, no questions asked.
> If you are in a local supermarket foraging food for your starving and
> thirsty children, you risk being assassinated by your own government.
>
> Or is it "exterminated?" How about "liquidated?"
>
> Nobody would know what happened to you. You are supposed to die
> quietly like a law-abiding citizen.
>
> TCross

Acting like an animal will get you shot like one.

Society does not need violent lunatics in the midst of thousands of
desperates.

Roy Jose Lorr

Sep 2, 2005, 6:17:18 PM9/2/05

Terry Cross wrote:

> You make it sound like both of you are wading in the longest river in
> the world (denial).

You mean like when you deny you're
an America bashing, Jew hating, old
hag of a slut?
--

The last stage of
utopian sentimentalism

Roy Jose Lorr

Sep 2, 2005, 6:30:35 PM9/2/05

Terry Cross wrote:

> Nobody would know what happened to you. You are supposed to die
> quietly like a law-abiding citizen.

You are supposed to not loot.

Terry Cross

Sep 2, 2005, 6:45:23 PM9/2/05
fact-c...@hotmail.com wrote:
> Terry Cross wrote:
>
> > I am so ashamed of my country. This is the spirit of America we saw
> > laughing when the Davidians were burning. This is the spirit of the US
> > Government we saw rattling sabres at tiny Afghanistan instead of
> > running rescue operations into the ruins of the WTC.
> >
> > Incidentally, has Israel offered any international aid to its "good
> > friend" and protector, now that we could use a little help?
>
> So you hate the United States and you hate Israel.

I wrote that I am ashamed of the United States. I asked if Israel has
offered to help. If those statements match your definition of "hate,"
so be it.

I used to think that the nation we call "US of A" embodied the Bill of
Rights. I have since learned that it does not.

I have also learned that the nation we call "Israel" does not embody
the ideals of Judaism, either.

I hope that when you discover those facts for yourself, you will not be
in a prison cell, facing the underside of a bulldozer, or staring down
the wrong end of a warm rifle.

For too many people, those are the circumstances when the real truth
dawns.

> News reports say that in Mississippi a man shot his sister to death
> over a bag of ice, so we need plenty of police in place to prevent
> desperate people from attacking each other.

You should read about the Berlin airlift some time. That was almost 50
years ago. When the US government decides to move tons of food into a
disaster zone, they can do it, and it does not take a week of befuddled
Sundays, either.

TCross

Mark K. Bilbo

Sep 2, 2005, 6:50:52 PM9/2/05
In episode <cK3Se.621$L86...@bignews6.bellsouth.net>, R.D. Heilman burst
into the room and exclaimed:

> "duke" <duckg...@cox.net> wrote in message
>> On 2 Sep 2005 13:07:00 -0700, "Terry Cross" <tcro...@hotmail.com>
>> wrote:
>>
>>>Troops Swarm New Orleans With Shoot-to-Kill Orders U.S. troops poured
>>>into New Orleans Friday to scare off looting gangs so rescuers can help
>>>the stranded.
>>
>>>Tourist Debbie Durso of Washington, Mich., said she asked a police
>>>officer for assistance and his response was, ``'Go to hell - it's every
>>>man for himself.'''
>>
>> Gosh, where did this weird story come from, not that an isolated case
>> didn't
>> occur.
>>
> On NBC it was reported that looters did kill one police officer. It's too
> bad that New Orleans and Louisiana did not have the same caliber mayor
> and the same caliber governor as New York city and state.

Mayor Nagin has been doing everything he can. The man was literally in
*tears on the radio begging for help.

--
Mark K. Bilbo - a.a. #1423
EAC Department of Linguistic Subversion

Terry Cross

Sep 2, 2005, 6:55:01 PM9/2/05
P.T. wrote:
> "Terry Cross" <tcro...@hotmail.com> wrote in message
> > The full quote from that story is as follows:
> >
> > Gov. Kathleen Blanco called the looters "hoodlums" and issued a warning
> > to lawbreakers: Hundreds of National Guardsmen hardened on the
> > battlefield in Iraq have landed in New Orleans. "They have M-16s and
> > they're locked and loaded," she said. "These troops know how to shoot
> > and kill, and they are more than willing to do so, and I expect they
> > will."
> >
> > You snipped it. Why?
>
> Terry, they are ready to use force against dangerous criminals, not just
> "survivors" like your subject line indicates.

If your children were starving, you also would be a "dangerous
criminal" - at least I hope you would have the sense to loot stores to
feed them.

And I hope you would have the courage to risk getting shot, too, rather
than see your children die slowly of starvation.

When people are starving, they all become dangerous criminals. That is
the fact of life. The infamous Donner expedition turned to
cannibalism. If they don't feed the people in New Orleans soon, they
will have to shoot a whole city full of people - most of them poor.

And incidentally, most of those people did not all refuse to leave.
Those who did not have cars did not have time to take public transport
- there was not enough public transport to empty the slums, and not
enough highway pavement to take all the cars.

You have never seen the evacuation of a modern city - it has never been
done. It CAN't be done within a moderate time frame.

TCross

Terry Cross

Sep 2, 2005, 7:00:07 PM9/2/05

Mark K. Bilbo wrote:
> In episode <cK3Se.621$L86...@bignews6.bellsouth.net>, R.D. Heilman burst
> into the room and exclaimed:
>

> > "duke" <duckg...@cox.net> wrote in message

> >> Gosh, where did this weird story come from, not that an isolated case
> >> didn't
> >> occur.
> >>
> > On NBC it was reported that looters did kill one police officer. It's too
> > bad that New Orleans and Louisiana did not have the same caliber mayor
> > and the same caliber governor as New York city and state.
>
> Mayor Nagin has been doing everything he can. The man was literally in
> *tears on the radio begging for help.

And not getting any from the US Government - they are too busy with
soldiers and guns protecting the TeeVee stores and auto dealerships.
That would make me weep and swear, too.

TCross

Roy Jose Lorr

Sep 2, 2005, 7:05:12 PM9/2/05

Terry Cross wrote:

> I have also learned that the nation we call "Israel" does not embody
> the ideals of Judaism, either.

What does a Jew hating America bashing commie slut
know about Judaism? The only thing you know of
ideals is that it would be ideal if all Jews were
exterminated from the world and America did the
exterminating in the names of marx, lenin and stalin.
__

Joe King

Sep 2, 2005, 7:05:37 PM9/2/05

> P.T. wrote:
>> "Terry Cross" <tcro...@hotmail.com> wrote in message
>> > The full quote from that story is as follows:
>> >
>> > Gov. Kathleen Blanco called the looters "hoodlums" and issued a warning
>> > to lawbreakers: Hundreds of National Guardsmen hardened on the
>> > battlefield in Iraq have landed in New Orleans. "They have M-16s and
>> > they're locked and loaded," she said. "These troops know how to shoot
>> > and kill, and they are more than willing to do so, and I expect they
>> > will."
>> >
>> > You snipped it. Why?
>>
>> Terry, they are ready to use force against dangerous criminals, not just
>> "survivors" like your subject line indicates.
>
> If your children were starving, you also would be a "dangerous
> criminal" - at least I hope you would have the sense to loot stores to
> feed them.

We are talking about people stealing from homes, mugging, carjacking, stereo
stores, clothes, etc not canned fruit. And if you are low enough scum to
take your kids on a free shopping spree then you are worthy of seeing your
kids and then you shot, shit upon and dumped in a cess pool.

> And I hope you would have the courage to risk getting shot, too, rather
> than see your children die slowly of starvation.

No one is going to harm someone stealing food for survival unless you need
those 500 rap CDs you just stole.

Terry Cross

Sep 2, 2005, 7:14:16 PM9/2/05
Joe King wrote:
> "Terry Cross" <tcro...@hotmail.com> wrote in message
> > P.T. wrote:
> >> "Terry Cross" <tcro...@hotmail.com> wrote in message

> >> Terry, they are ready to use force against dangerous criminals, not just
> >> "survivors" like your subject line indicates.
> >
> > If your children were starving, you also would be a "dangerous
> > criminal" - at least I hope you would have the sense to loot stores to
> > feed them.
>
> We are talking about people stealing from homes, mugging, carjacking, stereo
> stores, clothes, etc not canned fruit.

You are? I started this thread. Have you changed the subject?

> And if you are low enough scum to
> take your kids on a free shopping spree then you are worthy of seeing your
> kids and then you shot, shit upon and dumped in a cess pool.

Apparently, George Bush thinks in the same disordered, vicious avenues
you do. He worries about folks stealing wide-screen TeeVees, and he
worries more about that than feeding the starving children.

It all depends on your priorities.

> > And I hope you would have the courage to risk getting shot, too, rather
> > than see your children die slowly of starvation.
>
> No one is going to harm someone stealing food for survival

No one?

And the man who broke into a drug store to get diapers for himself?
How about the people who are - or have children who are - dependent on
pharmaceuticals? And there is no one at the cash register to take
their money.

> unless you need
> those 500 rap CDs you just stole.

Thought so. Scratch a righteous bigot, and you find a racist bigot.

Way ta go, Joe.

TCross

P.T.

Sep 2, 2005, 7:15:24 PM9/2/05

"Terry Cross" <tcro...@hotmail.com> wrote in message

> P.T. wrote:
>> "Terry Cross" <tcro...@hotmail.com> wrote in message
>> > The full quote from that story is as follows:
>> >
>> > Gov. Kathleen Blanco called the looters "hoodlums" and issued a warning
>> > to lawbreakers: Hundreds of National Guardsmen hardened on the
>> > battlefield in Iraq have landed in New Orleans. "They have M-16s and
>> > they're locked and loaded," she said. "These troops know how to shoot
>> > and kill, and they are more than willing to do so, and I expect they
>> > will."
>> >
>> > You snipped it. Why?
>>
>> Terry, they are ready to use force against dangerous criminals, not just
>> "survivors" like your subject line indicates.
>
> If your children were starving, you also would be a "dangerous
> criminal" - at least I hope you would have the sense to loot stores to
> feed them.

I think they might be more concerned with armed thugs than some mother
trying to get water.

Terry Cross

Sep 2, 2005, 8:13:29 PM9/2/05

More than anything, "society needs" a government held in check by laws.
Once a government begins killing people on whim without restraint,
things go very bad very fast.

That is the lesson of the Roman Empire and American Revoltution, with
the Bill of Rights.

Obviously you are a Tory - you believe in the basic goodness of
government, and the basic badness of your fellow creatures.

What the people in New Orleans need right now is food and water - not
an armed band a desperados with orders to shoot to kill.

Trial by cross-hairs is not the way to create or maintain a
civilization.

TCross

Joe King

Sep 2, 2005, 8:38:16 PM9/2/05

"Terry Cross" <tcro...@hotmail.com> wrote in message

Great! Let everyone steal everything. Your nuts.

> It all depends on your priorities.

I agree.

>> > And I hope you would have the courage to risk getting shot, too, rather
>> > than see your children die slowly of starvation.
>>
>> No one is going to harm someone stealing food for survival
>
> No one?

I should hope not. All that food stuff would have had to be thrown away
anyway.

> And the man who broke into a drug store to get diapers for himself?
> How about the people who are - or have children who are - dependent on
> pharmaceuticals? And there is no one at the cash register to take
> their money.

Sure there was. They were there with their guns and then they went into
peoples homes to get the rest of their money.

>> unless you need
>> those 500 rap CDs you just stole.
>
> Thought so. Scratch a righteous bigot, and you find a racist bigot.

Man it took you quite some time to pull the race card.

Way to go you prejudiced jerk.

Joe King

Sep 2, 2005, 8:53:02 PM9/2/05

"Terry Cross" <tcro...@hotmail.com> wrote in message

Right now the Naitonal Guard is going to the resue of about 100 firefighters
and their families held hostage in a building by armed thugs (snipers).
Yesterday, rescue operations were placed on hold because some of your
wonderful friends were shooting at the rescuers in boats and at the
helicopters. There have been numerous rapes, murders, car jackings and home
invasion thefts. The area needs to be safe for rescuers to do there
business. Of ocurse, you'd prefer these bits of human trash be allowed to
rob, rape and kill at there liesure. There is a small group of hard core
criminals who are doing this activity. Before the hurricane, this useless
human flotsum were selling drugs, pimping and other common criminal acts.
The world would gain if the NG had free reign to rid this land of these
people as they will be the same next year as they are right now.

Terry Cross

Sep 2, 2005, 9:17:45 PM9/2/05

Wow. What a believable story. And those armed thugs are doing this
because they want plane to Cuba? No?

Would you believe they want a plane to Iraq? No?

Would you believe they want a million dollars in gold? No?

Would you believe they thought they could get away with it? No?

Right on. Nobody is that stupid. This is a fairy tale.

> Yesterday, rescue operations were placed on hold because some of your
> wonderful friends were shooting at the rescuers in boats and at the
> helicopters.

Ad hominem. Maybe you should go back to your racist argument that all
those thugs prefer rap music.

> There have been numerous rapes, murders, car jackings and home
> invasion thefts.

TeeVee thefts, no doubt. All those thugs eat wide-screen TeeVees. And
stopping the thugs is MUCH more imporant that saving the starving
children.

> The area needs to be safe for rescuers to do there
> business.

They should have been doing "their business" for the last week. Why
wait unitl now?

> Of ocurse, you'd prefer these bits of human trash be allowed to
> rob, rape and kill at there liesure.

If that is how you thing of those soldiers, you certainly have evidence
to back you up. They are the scum of the earth.

> There is a small group of hard core
> criminals who are doing this activity.

Right from the president on down through the Pentagon.

> Before the hurricane, this useless
> human flotsum were selling drugs, pimping and other common criminal acts.

Before the hurricane, those useless human flotsum failed to reinforce
the levies in time for the storm, even though the levies were rated for
a category 3 storm or less, and everyone knew this was going to be a
category 5.

> The world would gain if the NG had free reign to rid this land of these
> people as they will be the same next year as they are right now.

Sorry, you only get one vote, and you blew it. You will have to wait
until the next election.

Until then, you might be happier in a Latin American country where the
government is not troubled with a Bill of Rights. They can shoot
people on sight without a messy arraignment and trial. No judges, no
juries, just shoot the poor buggers.

TCross

El Conquistador

Sep 2, 2005, 9:42:20 PM9/2/05
They had lots of experience killing Iraqi kids!

Joe King

Sep 2, 2005, 9:51:48 PM9/2/05

"Terry Cross" <tcro...@hotmail.com> wrote in message

Have you been watching the news? There was coverage of the incident all
afternnoon including video. Why are they doing it? Hell, why do people
sell crack or mug people or scratch their butts. Who knows? Each city has
a criminal element which surfaces in times of tragedy and they do bad things
for their own selfish benefit.

> Would you believe they want a plane to Iraq? No?
>
> Would you believe they want a million dollars in gold? No?
>
> Would you believe they thought they could get away with it? No?
>
> Right on. Nobody is that stupid. This is a fairy tale.

I suggest you watch the news - the LIVE coverage. The only fairy tale seems
to be the world in which you exist.

>> Yesterday, rescue operations were placed on hold because some of your
>> wonderful friends were shooting at the rescuers in boats and at the
>> helicopters.
>
> Ad hominem. Maybe you should go back to your racist argument that all
> those thugs prefer rap music.

Don't go there. It is you who are the racist. The problem is you are in
denial.

>> There have been numerous rapes, murders, car jackings and home
>> invasion thefts.
>
> TeeVee thefts, no doubt. All those thugs eat wide-screen TeeVees. And
> stopping the thugs is MUCH more imporant that saving the starving
> children.

You can't save the children until you make it safe to save the children.
Perhaps you ought to go there and do it yourself.

>> The area needs to be safe for rescuers to do there
>> business.
>
> They should have been doing "their business" for the last week. Why
> wait unitl now?

Because (and I know this is a really deep concept) there was no one to
rescue before this week nor was there a reason to have rescuerers in the
area. Duhhhhhh!!!!!! Are you really this dense?

ocurse, you'd prefer these bits of human trash be allowed to
>> rob, rape and kill at there liesure.
>

> If thastut is how you thing of those soldiers, you certainly have evidence

> to back you up. They are the scum of the earth.

Now you are classifying the criminals as soldiers. Man, you are really
mixed up.

>> There is a small group of hard core
>> criminals who are doing this activity.
>
> Right from the president on down through the Pentagon.

Actually, the criminals are those who think like you who are ruining and
destroying our nation and culture. The difference is that people like me
understand that and will protect your right to be a jerk because we
understand when your conduct and rheteric is exposed to the daylight that it
will self destruct.

>> Before the hurricane, this useless
>> human flotsum were selling drugs, pimping and other common criminal acts.
>
> Before the hurricane, those useless human flotsum failed to reinforce
> the levies in time for the storm, even though the levies were rated for
> a category 3 storm or less, and everyone knew this was going to be a
> category 5.

The levees were conceived and designed to withstand a cat 3 hurricane. The
present administration had nothing to do with it. I assume that you do know
when the levees where constructed.

>> The world would gain if the NG had free reign to rid this land of these
>> people as they will be the same next year as they are right now.
>
> Sorry, you only get one vote, and you blew it. You will have to wait
> until the next election.

Possible. The last two presidential elections were almost stolen so who
knows what will happen next.

> Until then, you might be happier in a Latin American country where the
> government is not troubled with a Bill of Rights. They can shoot
> people on sight without a messy arraignment and trial. No judges, no
> juries, just shoot the poor buggers.

Sorry bub but I agree with the Bill of Rights. Of course, you only believe
certain people should have protection.

> TCross

Terry Cross

Sep 2, 2005, 9:52:22 PM9/2/05
Roy Jose Lorr wrote:
> Terry Cross wrote:
>

> > I have also learned that the nation we call "Israel" does not embody
> > the ideals of Judaism, either.
>
> What does a Jew hating America bashing commie slut
> know about Judaism? The only thing you know of
> ideals is that it would be ideal if all Jews were
> exterminated from the world and America did the
> exterminating in the names of marx, lenin and stalin.

If anyone were in mystery about Judaism, the likes of you, Cindy, and
Riain Barton would certainly fill in the holes. It would not be right
knowledge, but you do not understand that.

You have never realized that the whole world watches. And by the light
you shed, you are a lanthorn unto the world.

Wherefore do you shed darkness?

TCross

Douglas Berry

Sep 2, 2005, 10:56:57 PM9/2/05
On 2 Sep 2005 15:55:01 -0700, "Terry Cross" <tcro...@hotmail.com>
drained his beer, leaned back in the alt.atheism beanbag and drunkenly
proclaimed the following

>If your children were starving, you also would be a "dangerous
>criminal" - at least I hope you would have the sense to loot stores to
>feed them.

So, tell me.. how many steroes and DVD players make up a healthy
breakfast?

Do you normally give your kid a boat load of scotch and wine for
dinner?

There are people taking advantage of the disaster to steal. I say
that when they are caught, they are giving one chance to pay for the
goods in their possession. If they can't, they are executed on the
spot.
--

Douglas E. Berry Do the OBVIOUS thing to send e-mail
Atheist #2147, Atheist Vet #5

"Men never do evil so completely and cheerfully as
when they do it from religious conviction."
Blaise Pascal (1623-1662), Pense'es, #894.

Joe King

Sep 2, 2005, 11:09:04 PM9/2/05

"Douglas Berry" <pengu...@mindOBVIOUSspring.com> wrote in message

You talking to a person who feels there are those in society who aren't
intelligent enough to live their own lives.

Mark K. Bilbo

Sep 2, 2005, 11:32:40 PM9/2/05
In episode <t44ih11ptrhf8vdsv...@4ax.com>, Douglas Berry

burst into the room and exclaimed:

> On 2 Sep 2005 15:55:01 -0700, "Terry Cross" <tcro...@hotmail.com> drained

> his beer, leaned back in the alt.atheism beanbag and drunkenly proclaimed
> the following
>

>>If your children were starving, you also would be a "dangerous criminal"
>>- at least I hope you would have the sense to loot stores to feed them.
>
> So, tell me.. how many steroes and DVD players make up a healthy
> breakfast?
>
> Do you normally give your kid a boat load of scotch and wine for dinner?
>
> There are people taking advantage of the disaster to steal. I say that
> when they are caught, they are giving one chance to pay for the goods in
> their possession. If they can't, they are executed on the spot.

I think they ought to be shooting on sighting. Should have been from the
beginning. Quite frankly, I do *not want those people heading out here. I
was with Nagin the first day he called for troops and martial law.

Terry Cross

Sep 2, 2005, 11:39:26 PM9/2/05
Douglas Berry wrote:
> On 2 Sep 2005 15:55:01 -0700, "Terry Cross" <tcro...@hotmail.com>
> drained his beer, leaned back in the alt.atheism beanbag and drunkenly
> proclaimed the following
>

> >If your children were starving, you also would be a "dangerous
> >criminal" - at least I hope you would have the sense to loot stores to
> >feed them.
>
> So, tell me.. how many steroes and DVD players make up a healthy
> breakfast?
>
> Do you normally give your kid a boat load of scotch and wine for
> dinner?
>
> There are people taking advantage of the disaster to steal. I say
> that when they are caught, they are giving one chance to pay for the
> goods in their possession. If they can't, they are executed on the
> spot.

Summary execution is not an option in a free society. Individual
liberty degenerates everywhere it has ever been tried.

Do not argue with history. The quick fix does not work in this case.
Democracy was lucky to have climbed out of the pit once. Do not plunge
us back into the pit again over a few TeeVee sets.

When soldiers and their officers are given the option to kill people
with no questions asked, how long do you think it will take before
abuse sets in?

While you think about it, it would already have happened. Every police
department where they stop asking questions of policemen who shoot
people, the shootings get more and more numerous and the city turns
into a sewer.

You want to know the truth of big city shoot-on-sight law enforcement?
Read the confessions of Mark Furhman.

The US soldiers they are sending into New Orleans came from those same
streets and cities. What do you think happens when a soldier finds
someone that needs a little payback? What happens when he finds a girl
who needs a little personal attention?

Just like Japan, Germany, Iraq, and everywhere else soldiers are sent
to act as policemen - they rape, rob, and kill. This is because the
imbalance of power between a civilian and an armed soldier is a way out
of whack.

Most Americans think of soldiers as the little action toys they had as
kids. You put those toys in a position and they do a job. They have
no past, no future, and no personality. You can pretend they are not
human beings.

But history has shown that soldiers are still human beings. You take
one of those thugs from the streets of New Orleans, dress him up in a
uniform, give him a few grenades and a rifle, and tell him "shoot to
kill." And he will. He will shoot his victims with all the humanity,
good and bad, that he grew up with. You have not transformed him into
a model action toy.

That is why we have laws, magistrates, grand juries, judges, juries,
appeal courts, police commissions, and on and on, checking and
balancing each other.

TCross

Terry Cross

Sep 2, 2005, 11:41:14 PM9/2/05
Mark K. Bilbo wrote:
> In episode <t44ih11ptrhf8vdsv...@4ax.com>, Douglas Berry
> burst into the room and exclaimed:
>
> > On 2 Sep 2005 15:55:01 -0700, "Terry Cross" <tcro...@hotmail.com> drained
> > his beer, leaned back in the alt.atheism beanbag and drunkenly proclaimed
> > the following
> >

> >>If your children were starving, you also would be a "dangerous criminal"
> >>- at least I hope you would have the sense to loot stores to feed them.
> >
> > So, tell me.. how many steroes and DVD players make up a healthy
> > breakfast?
> >
> > Do you normally give your kid a boat load of scotch and wine for dinner?
> >
> > There are people taking advantage of the disaster to steal. I say that
> > when they are caught, they are giving one chance to pay for the goods in
> > their possession. If they can't, they are executed on the spot.
>
> I think they ought to be shooting on sighting. Should have been from the
> beginning. Quite frankly, I do *not want those people heading out here. I
> was with Nagin the first day he called for troops and martial law.

Then, Mark, you prove yourself to be a fool. Did they teach you
nothing about the abuses of power in school?

TCross

Daniel Kolle

Sep 2, 2005, 11:54:33 PM9/2/05
On Fri, 2 Sep 2005 17:50:53 -0400, "E. F >Udd." <ef...@private.com>
thought hard and wrote:

>"Terry Cross" <tcro...@hotmail.com> wrote in message
>>
>> No, it is really true, Patty. US Armed forces are given orders to
>> shoot US citizens wihtout trial, without rights, no questions asked.
>> If you are in a local supermarket foraging food for your starving and
>> thirsty children, you risk being assassinated by your own government.
>>
>> Or is it "exterminated?" How about "liquidated?"
>>
>> Nobody would know what happened to you. You are supposed to die
>> quietly like a law-abiding citizen.
>>
>> TCross
>>

>Acting like an animal will get you shot like one.

Read the Constitution? No? I suggest doing so. Concentrate on the
Fifth and Fourteenth amendments, a'right?

--

-Daniel "Mr. Brevity" Kolle; 17 A.A. #2035
Koji Kondo, Yo-Yo Ma, Gustav Mahler, Krzysztof Penderecki, and Geirr Tveitt are my Gods.

Sean C

Sep 3, 2005, 12:08:26 AM9/3/05
In article <ijehh1dtlpp4ns5ij...@4ax.com>, duke
<duckg...@cox.net> wrote:

> On 2 Sep 2005 13:07:00 -0700, "Terry Cross" <tcro...@hotmail.com> wrote:
>
> >Troops Swarm New Orleans With Shoot-to-Kill Orders
> >U.S. troops poured into New Orleans Friday to scare off looting gangs
> >so rescuers can help the stranded.
>
> >Tourist Debbie Durso of Washington, Mich., said she asked a police
> >officer for assistance and his response was, ``'Go to hell - it's every
> >man for himself.'''
>
> Gosh, where did this weird story come from, not that an isolated case didn't
> occur.

A third of the New Orleans police department skedaddled as soon as
things got a little rough. "Every man for himself" seems about right.

Sean C

Mark K. Bilbo

Sep 3, 2005, 12:28:09 AM9/3/05
In episode <1125718874.2...@o13g2000cwo.googlegroups.com>, Terry
Cross burst into the room and exclaimed:

Go stay in Orleans parish tonight. Then you can have an opinion.

Terry Cross

Sep 3, 2005, 12:34:21 AM9/3/05

A year under the tender care of Augusto Jose Ramon Pinochet Ugarte in
Chile might be good for your education.

You would invite the tiger into the house to get rid of your mice.
Look, Ma, no mice.

TCross

Mark K. Bilbo

Sep 3, 2005, 12:51:18 AM9/3/05
In episode <1125722061.6...@g43g2000cwa.googlegroups.com>, Terry

Hieron

Sep 3, 2005, 1:07:27 AM9/3/05
Terry Cross wrote:
> Troops Swarm New Orleans With Shoot-to-Kill Orders
> U.S. troops poured into New Orleans Friday to scare off looting gangs
> so rescuers can help the stranded.

> Tourist Debbie Durso of Washington, Mich., said she asked a police
> officer for assistance and his response was, ``'Go to hell - it's every
> man for himself.'''
>
> FEMA officials said some operations had to be suspended in areas where
> gunfire had broken out.
>
> Outside a looted Rite-Aid drugstore, some people were anxious to show
> they needed what they were taking. A gray-haired man who would not give
> his name pulled up his T-shirt to show a surgery scar and explained
> that he needs pads for incontinence.

> http://cnn.netscape.cnn.com/ns/news/story.jsp?idq=/ff/story/0001%2F20050902%2F1100397224.htm&sc=1110&photoid=20050901LAEG205&ewp=ewp_news_0805katrina_no&floc=NW_1-T
> © Copyright The Associated Press. All rights reserved. The information
> contained In this news report may not be published, broadcast or
> otherwise distributed without the prior written authority of The
> Associated Press.
>
> Great stuff. If you and your children were starving and thirsty on the
> ruined streets of New Orleans, would you respect the "property rights"
> of the supermarket corporations?
>
> The spirit of America rides naked like Lady Godiva through the streets
> of New Orleans, and we see her in all her charms:
>
> Property before life.
>
> Death before theft.
>
> Mammon before manna.

> I am so ashamed of my country. This is the spirit of America we saw
> laughing when the Davidians were burning. This is the spirit of the US
> Government we saw rattling sabres at tiny Afghanistan instead of
> running rescue operations into the ruins of the WTC.
>
> Incidentally, has Israel offered any international aid to its "good
> friend" and protector, now that we could use a little help?

I am very sorry. It appears Bush is no better for the Americans than for
the Iraqis.

--
Hieron

Emma

Sep 3, 2005, 8:29:10 AM9/3/05
In article <1125691620.2...@g43g2000cwa.googlegroups.com>, Terry Cross
says...

>Great stuff. If you and your children were starving and thirsty on the
>ruined streets of New Orleans, would you respect the "property rights"
>of the supermarket corporations?

Well in the reports I have read here, the criticism
has been that there has been too little
control at times, rather than too much.

Rescue workers have been attacked, hospital
staff have become the victims of snipers, and so
without some sort of order being restored, more
survivors will die. So desperate circumstances
call for desperate measures, especially when
so many hundreds of lives are at stake.

(Btw Terry, I don't think it was a good idea to
crosspost this)

--
*~*~*
Emma

Douglas Berry

Sep 3, 2005, 8:47:32 AM9/3/05
On 2 Sep 2005 20:41:14 -0700, "Terry Cross" <tcro...@hotmail.com>

drained his beer, leaned back in the alt.atheism beanbag and drunkenly
proclaimed the following

>Then, Mark, you prove yourself to be a fool. Did they teach you

>nothing about the abuses of power in school?

Mark is in the middle of this. I value his opinion and views far more
than I do yours, since he is an eyewitness.

Some people are taking food. That is forgivable. Others are just
looting expensive clothes and electronic equipment. We have assholes
shooting at hospitals. Congrats, Terry, you finally see what an
anarchy really looks like! Nobody bringing in food, no clean water,
and armed bands taking what they want.

The people of New Orleans are demanding that the looters be stopped.
I can't count the number of people I heard on NPR demanding that the
looters be shot on sight.

Douglas Berry

Sep 3, 2005, 8:49:14 AM9/3/05
On 2 Sep 2005 20:39:26 -0700, "Terry Cross" <tcro...@hotmail.com>

drained his beer, leaned back in the alt.atheism beanbag and drunkenly
proclaimed the following

>> There are people taking advantage of the disaster to steal. I say

>> that when they are caught, they are giving one chance to pay for the
>> goods in their possession. If they can't, they are executed on the
>> spot.
>
>Summary execution is not an option in a free society. Individual
>liberty degenerates everywhere it has ever been tried.
>
>Do not argue with history. The quick fix does not work in this case.
>Democracy was lucky to have climbed out of the pit once. Do not plunge
>us back into the pit again over a few TeeVee sets.
>
>When soldiers and their officers are given the option to kill people
>with no questions asked, how long do you think it will take before
>abuse sets in?
>
>While you think about it, it would already have happened. Every police
>department where they stop asking questions of policemen who shoot
>people, the shootings get more and more numerous and the city turns
>into a sewer.

After the Loma Prieta quake, the SFPD issued an order, that was
broadcast on all the networks that were up, that looters would be
given one chance to surrender, and then shot. This was also broadcast
from helicopters and roving patrol cars.

We had no looting, and no one got shot.

Joe King

Sep 3, 2005, 10:46:58 AM9/3/05

"Daniel Kolle" <Daniel...@gmail.com> wrote in message

> On Fri, 2 Sep 2005 17:50:53 -0400, "E. F >Udd." <ef...@private.com>
> thought hard and wrote:
>

>>"Terry Cross" <tcro...@hotmail.com> wrote in message
>>>
>>> No, it is really true, Patty. US Armed forces are given orders to
>>> shoot US citizens wihtout trial, without rights, no questions asked.
>>> If you are in a local supermarket foraging food for your starving and
>>> thirsty children, you risk being assassinated by your own government.
>>>
>>> Or is it "exterminated?" How about "liquidated?"
>>>
>>> Nobody would know what happened to you. You are supposed to die
>>> quietly like a law-abiding citizen.
>>>
>>> TCross
>>>

>>Acting like an animal will get you shot like one.
>
> Read the Constitution? No? I suggest doing so. Concentrate on the
> Fifth and Fourteenth amendments, a'right?

Do you know what martial law means?

duke

Sep 3, 2005, 10:47:30 AM9/3/05
On Fri, 02 Sep 2005 20:49:48 GMT, "P.T." <p...@yahoo.com> wrote:

>"duke" <duckg...@cox.net> wrote in message

>> On 2 Sep 2005 13:07:00 -0700, "Terry Cross" <tcro...@hotmail.com> wrote:
>>
>>>Troops Swarm New Orleans With Shoot-to-Kill Orders
>>>U.S. troops poured into New Orleans Friday to scare off looting gangs
>>>so rescuers can help the stranded.
>>

>>>Tourist Debbie Durso of Washington, Mich., said she asked a police
>>>officer for assistance and his response was, ``'Go to hell - it's every
>>>man for himself.'''
>>

>> Gosh, where did this weird story come from, not that an isolated case
>> didn't
>> occur.
>>

>> duke
>
>It came from www.sensationalism.com

That' figures.

duke
*****
Pope Paul VI
*****

duke

Sep 3, 2005, 10:48:28 AM9/3/05
On Sat, 03 Sep 2005 15:07:27 +1000, Hieron <geo...@msn.de> wrote:

>I am very sorry. It appears Bush is no better for the Americans than for
>the Iraqis.

Look again.

duke

Sep 3, 2005, 10:50:06 AM9/3/05
On Sat, 03 Sep 2005 02:56:57 GMT, Douglas Berry
<pengu...@mindOBVIOUSspring.com> wrote:

>There are people taking advantage of the disaster to steal. I say
>that when they are caught, they are giving one chance to pay for the
>goods in their possession. If they can't, they are executed on the
>spot.

Wow, penguin. You're a good example of why soldiers are not good peacekeepers.

duke

Sep 3, 2005, 10:51:19 AM9/3/05
On 2 Sep 2005 20:41:14 -0700, "Terry Cross" <tcro...@hotmail.com> wrote:

>> I think they ought to be shooting on sighting. Should have been from the
>> beginning. Quite frankly, I do *not want those people heading out here. I
>> was with Nagin the first day he called for troops and martial law.

>Then, Mark, you prove yourself to be a fool. Did they teach you
>nothing about the abuses of power in school?
>TCross

He is still in school. Probably hasn't had Civics yet.

Joe King

Sep 3, 2005, 11:12:42 AM9/3/05

> On 2 Sep 2005 20:41:14 -0700, "Terry Cross" <tcro...@hotmail.com> wrote:
>
>>> I think they ought to be shooting on sighting. Should have been from the
>>> beginning. Quite frankly, I do *not want those people heading out here.
>>> was with Nagin the first day he called for troops and martial law.
>
>>Then, Mark, you prove yourself to be a fool. Did they teach you
>>nothing about the abuses of power in school?
>>TCross
>
> He is still in school. Probably hasn't had Civics yet.

That's probably why he is concerned about abuses of power in school. Those
teachers can run rampant over your civil rights.

duke

Sep 3, 2005, 11:14:17 AM9/3/05
On Fri, 2 Sep 2005 17:47:24 -0400, "R.D. Heilman" <rd...@bellsouth.net> wrote:

>On NBC it was reported that looters did kill one police officer.
>It's too bad that New Orleans and Louisiana did not have the
>same caliber mayor and the same caliber governor as New York
>city and state.

NYC was not an area that couldn't be entered like New Orleans.

duke

Sep 3, 2005, 11:15:05 AM9/3/05
On Fri, 02 Sep 2005 17:50:52 -0500, "Mark K. Bilbo" <alt-a...@org.webmaster>
wrote:

>Mayor Nagin has been doing everything he can. The man was literally in
>*tears on the radio begging for help.

And then he let his friends cut to the front of the line to the busses out of
town.

Emma

Sep 3, 2005, 11:05:37 AM9/3/05
In article <1125691620.2...@g43g2000cwa.googlegroups.com>, Terry Cross
says...

>Incidentally, has Israel offered any international aid to its "good
>friend" and protector, now that we could use a little help?

Yes. Israel was among the first to offer....

"Israeli Prime Minister Ariel Sharon has offered the U.S.
hundreds of doctors, nurses, experts in trauma and natural
disasters, NBC News has learned. Sharon has also offered
field hospitals and medical kits as well as temporary
housing and told Bush in a letter that the medical
assistance and other help could be deployed within 24 hours"

Terry Cross

Sep 3, 2005, 12:43:39 PM9/3/05

Thank you. I had not heard that. It is good to know.

TCross

Terry Cross

Sep 3, 2005, 12:48:37 PM9/3/05

Even that order is far more sophisticated that the American "shoot on
sight" order.

TCross

Daniel Kolle

Sep 3, 2005, 1:42:53 PM9/3/05
On Sat, 03 Sep 2005 14:46:58 GMT, "Joe King" <jef...@pacbell.net>
thought hard and wrote:

>"Daniel Kolle" <Daniel...@gmail.com> wrote in message
>> On Fri, 2 Sep 2005 17:50:53 -0400, "E. F >Udd." <ef...@private.com>
>> thought hard and wrote:
>>

>>>"Terry Cross" <tcro...@hotmail.com> wrote in message

>>>Acting like an animal will get you shot like one.
>>
>> Read the Constitution? No? I suggest doing so. Concentrate on the
>> Fifth and Fourteenth amendments, a'right?
>>
>Do you know what martial law means?

Louisiana law does not allow for martial law.

Joe King

Sep 3, 2005, 2:00:58 PM9/3/05

> On Sat, 03 Sep 2005 14:46:58 GMT, "Joe King" <jef...@pacbell.net>
> thought hard and wrote:
>

>>"Daniel Kolle" <Daniel...@gmail.com> wrote in message

>>> Read the Constitution? No? I suggest doing so. Concentrate on the
>>> Fifth and Fourteenth amendments, a'right?
>>>
>>Do you know what martial law means?
>
> Louisiana law does not allow for martial law.

New Orleans Under Martial Law
http://www.newsmax.com/archives/articles/2005/8/30/140814.shtml

DanielSan

Sep 3, 2005, 2:06:11 PM9/3/05
duke wrote:
> On Fri, 02 Sep 2005 17:50:52 -0500, "Mark K. Bilbo" <alt-a...@org.webmaster>
> wrote:
>

>>Mayor Nagin has been doing everything he can. The man was literally in
>>*tears on the radio begging for help.
>

> And then he let his friends cut to the front of the line to the busses out of
> town.

Cite?

* DanielSan -- alt.atheism #2226 *
* "If God had intended us to walk, he wouldn't *
* have invented roller skates." --Willy Wonka *

MichaelC

Sep 3, 2005, 2:11:03 PM9/3/05

"Daniel Kolle" <Daniel...@gmail.com> wrote in message

> On Sat, 03 Sep 2005 14:46:58 GMT, "Joe King" <jef...@pacbell.net>
> thought hard and wrote:
>

> >Do you know what martial law means?
>
> Louisiana law does not allow for martial law.

It doesn't allow for open consumption of alcohol on the street, either.

Mike

Sean C

Sep 3, 2005, 3:06:31 PM9/3/05
In article <9m6jh1t3se4tgibn0...@4ax.com>, Douglas Berry
<pengu...@mindOBVIOUSspring.com> wrote:

> On 2 Sep 2005 20:41:14 -0700, "Terry Cross" <tcro...@hotmail.com>
> drained his beer, leaned back in the alt.atheism beanbag and drunkenly
> proclaimed the following
>
> >Then, Mark, you prove yourself to be a fool. Did they teach you
> >nothing about the abuses of power in school?
>
> Mark is in the middle of this. I value his opinion and views far more
> than I do yours, since he is an eyewitness.
>
> Some people are taking food. That is forgivable. Others are just
> looting expensive clothes and electronic equipment. We have assholes
> shooting at hospitals. Congrats, Terry, you finally see what an
> anarchy really looks like! Nobody bringing in food, no clean water,
> and armed bands taking what they want.

The police already have guidelines in place for the use of deadly
force, and what to do against armed robbers or people shooting at them.
I don't see why those rules need to be suspended, and the Law of the
Jungle adopted, just because people are stealing VCRs and a handful of
animals are shooting at cops. They should deal with this the same way
they deal with shooters any other time. Do you know what a "shoot on
sight" order means? It means cops and soldiers can kill anybody they
feel like, without having to determine what they're doing or why
they're doing it. It means a lot of innnocent people or people
committing petty crimes out of necessity are going to get killed,
probably a helluva lot more than would die if the police followed
civilized procedures. There is a world of difference between somedbody
robbbing a drugstore to get some Oxycontin to keep his dehydrated
grandmother with a legit prescription for the drug from going into
narcotic withdrawal, and some scumbag who is just looking to get high.
That's what we have courts for. The police should focus on rescuing
survivors, delivering aid, and arresting the gunmen, rapists and other
violent criminals. Fuck Wal-Mart. Who was it that said people who would
trade their freedom for security deserve neither?

I watched some cop on CNN talking about he saw the muzzle flashes of
some shots being fired from a building, and then he pointed into the
pitch blackness and said "I fired a few shots in the direction of the
flashes, and then it quieted down." Well, tell me what happens when
some cop fires his pistol into the night at a target way out of range
he can't even see. Is that cop any less dangerous than the asshole who
fired the shots out of that building?

> The people of New Orleans are demanding that the looters be stopped.
> I can't count the number of people I heard on NPR demanding that the
> looters be shot on sight.

And they took a poll of everyone, especially in the black community,
and they all said "Yeah, sure we feel comfortable having the cops shoot
at anyone with an oversize grocery bag."

Sean C

Kate

Sep 3, 2005, 3:09:03 PM9/3/05
<rd...@bellsouth.net> wrote:

>"duke" <duckg...@cox.net> wrote in message

>> On 2 Sep 2005 13:07:00 -0700, "Terry Cross" <tcro...@hotmail.com> wrote:
>>
>>>Troops Swarm New Orleans With Shoot-to-Kill Orders
>>>U.S. troops poured into New Orleans Friday to scare off looting gangs
>>>so rescuers can help the stranded.
>>
>>>Tourist Debbie Durso of Washington, Mich., said she asked a police
>>>officer for assistance and his response was, ``'Go to hell - it's every
>>>man for himself.'''
>>
>> Gosh, where did this weird story come from, not that an isolated case
>> didn't
>> occur.
>>

>On NBC it was reported that looters did kill one police officer.
>It's too bad that New Orleans and Louisiana did not have the
>same caliber mayor and the same caliber governor as New York
>city and state.
>

>RD

That has to be one of the most assinine things I've heard yet said
about this disaster.

Your ability to discerne who is doing the work and how well they are
doing it is astonishing it's total lack. Nagin is obviously pure
leader and then some and has done everything that has been done so far
with no help from damn near anyone and no extra funds at all.
Guiliani had the benefit of being a republican and actually getting
support from the white house and the Feds. Later on, he was caught
trying to send funds for the survivors to his own groups.

Joe King

Sep 3, 2005, 3:12:15 PM9/3/05

"DanielSan" <danie...@myrealbox.com> wrote in message

> duke wrote:
>> On Fri, 02 Sep 2005 17:50:52 -0500, "Mark K. Bilbo"
>> <alt-a...@org.webmaster>
>> wrote:
>>>Mayor Nagin has been doing everything he can. The man was literally in
>>>*tears on the radio begging for help.
>>

>> And then he let his friends cut to the front of the line to the busses
>> out of
>> town.
>
> Cite?

I heard the same thing but the news reported it as tourists who had not been
able to leave the city. The tourists (hunderds?) were given priority by
order of the mayor.

MichaelC

Sep 3, 2005, 3:29:30 PM9/3/05

"Kate " <cob...@newscene.com> wrote in message

That's a stretch. I'm sure you've seen the picture.....

http://news.yahoo.com/news?tmpl=story&u=/050901/480/flpc21109012015

...of the NOLA school buses (now turned submarines) that could have been
used to get more people out, rather than now having NYC having to send buses
down 1 week ex post facto to do the job:

http://www.wwltv.com/local/stories/WWLBLOG.ac3fcea.html (1:50 PM update)

Look, I like Nagin. He jumped in there and attempted the impossible -- clean
up the NOPD and City Hall. He got some of it done. But he's over his head.
Almost any mayor would be. Guliani wasn't over his head, and if he spun some
funds as you allege (like to see some proof of that, if you get a chance),
then shame on him, but that doesn't mean he's not a hell of a leader and
emergency manager under pressure.

> Guiliani had the benefit of being a republican and actually getting
> support from the white house and the Feds. Later on, he was caught
> trying to send funds for the survivors to his own groups.

Nagin is a lifelong Republican who switched parties at the last minute to
pick up support for mayor. He endorsed Bobby Jindal for Governor over
Kathleen Blanco, and he only endorsed Kerry for President after political
heat was put on him to do so.

Mike

Kate

Sep 3, 2005, 4:00:05 PM9/3/05

Yes, I saw it.

Were you aware that the governor asked the feds for 5 million to aid
in evacuation 2 days before the hurricane and was turned down by the
white house?

>http://www.wwltv.com/local/stories/WWLBLOG.ac3fcea.html (1:50 PM update)
>
>Look, I like Nagin. He jumped in there and attempted the impossible -- clean
>up the NOPD and City Hall. He got some of it done. But he's over his head.
>Almost any mayor would be. Guliani wasn't over his head, and if he spun some
>funds as you allege (like to see some proof of that, if you get a chance),
>then shame on him, but that doesn't mean he's not a hell of a leader and
>emergency manager under pressure.

Never said he wasn't, but I still don't trust him.

>> Guiliani had the benefit of being a republican and actually getting
>> support from the white house and the Feds. Later on, he was caught
>> trying to send funds for the survivors to his own groups.
>
>Nagin is a lifelong Republican who switched parties at the last minute to
>pick up support for mayor. He endorsed Bobby Jindal for Governor over
>Kathleen Blanco, and he only endorsed Kerry for President after political
>heat was put on him to do so.

No doubt the city paid dearly for that decision.

>Mike

MichaelC

Sep 3, 2005, 4:24:44 PM9/3/05

"Kate " <cob...@newscene.com> wrote in message

Are you aware that there is no way that logistically you could have gotten
enough vehicles into NOLA in time to move that many people? That all three
thoughofares out of the city were running contraflow? And if they weren't
running contraflow, then far more would have gotten stuck in the city than
did?

The only way more people could have been moved out was in vehicles that were
already there.

> >http://www.wwltv.com/local/stories/WWLBLOG.ac3fcea.html (1:50 PM update)
> >
> >Look, I like Nagin. He jumped in there and attempted the impossible --
clean
> >up the NOPD and City Hall. He got some of it done. But he's over his
head.
> >Almost any mayor would be. Guliani wasn't over his head, and if he spun
some
> >funds as you allege (like to see some proof of that, if you get a
chance),
> >then shame on him, but that doesn't mean he's not a hell of a leader and
> >emergency manager under pressure.
>
> Never said he wasn't, but I still don't trust him.

You shouldn't trust politicians. If you've ever trusted one completely, then
THAT'S the problem. You're holding the rest of them to unattainably high
standards. :-)

> >> Guiliani had the benefit of being a republican and actually getting
> >> support from the white house and the Feds. Later on, he was caught
> >> trying to send funds for the survivors to his own groups.
> >
> >Nagin is a lifelong Republican who switched parties at the last minute to
> >pick up support for mayor. He endorsed Bobby Jindal for Governor over
> >Kathleen Blanco, and he only endorsed Kerry for President after political
> >heat was put on him to do so.
>
> No doubt the city paid dearly for that decision.

Well, you can't have your conspiracy theories both ways. Fact is that the
NOAA had no idea where this thing was going until it passed Florida and was
into the Gulf. That left 72 hours to clear 1.5 million people off what is
essentially an island with three ways off, four if you count the fwy over
the lake that goes up to Hammond, but you have to add to the I-10 West
congestion to get to it. Once the evac order was given, no transportation
was coming into the city.

Miracles are in short supply when nature hits.

Mike

Mark K. Bilbo

Sep 3, 2005, 4:42:58 PM9/3/05
In episode <9m6jh1t3se4tgibn0...@4ax.com>, Douglas Berry
burst into the room and exclaimed:

> On 2 Sep 2005 20:41:14 -0700, "Terry Cross" <tcro...@hotmail.com> drained
> his beer, leaned back in the alt.atheism beanbag and drunkenly proclaimed
> the following
>
>>Then, Mark, you prove yourself to be a fool. Did they teach you nothing
>>about the abuses of power in school?
>
> Mark is in the middle of this. I value his opinion and views far more
> than I do yours, since he is an eyewitness.
>
> Some people are taking food. That is forgivable. Others are just looting
> expensive clothes and electronic equipment. We have assholes shooting at
> hospitals. Congrats, Terry, you finally see what an anarchy really looks
> like! Nobody bringing in food, no clean water, and armed bands taking
> what they want.
>
> The people of New Orleans are demanding that the looters be stopped. I
> can't count the number of people I heard on NPR demanding that the looters
> be shot on sight.

That's what Cross doesn't "get." I'm not even in the middle of it (well,
yet, it's been spreading). I'm in the last "okay" area before you hit what
all of you are seeing on TV.

And I'm *still scared. Because of a quirk of geography, we came out pretty
much "unscathed" (well, by comparison). But we're *heavily dependant on
New Orleans. How long before people run out of money? How long can they
last without jobs?

Right now, it's quiet and calm though we all stand in lines for pretty
much everything and the power is just coming on in some of the lucky areas
(mine is close enough to the hospital and such to have been among the
first). The water is on maybe half the time and you have to boil it but
we're not totally without. The phones work, sort of. Weirdly, my DSL is
working though it's sluggish and prone to errors and time outs.

But how long? Lot of working class people here who've been living "check
to check." The vast majority worked in New Orleans.

I'm afraid my little town is a time bomb that just hasn't gone off yet.

I haven't anything against the people who looted food and water. They were
just trying to survive. But there are gangs roaming that city with
impunity who like to just shoot people. They've even tried shooting down
rescue helicopters as people were being pulled out of the water!

That's *enough. Police state? Great. Let's do it. Do I want to live that
way normally? Hell no. Do I want it now? Hell yes.

And me the big anarchist huh? <g>

Well, I'm survivor first...

--
Mark K. Bilbo - a.a. #1423
EAC Department of Linguistic Subversion
Alt-atheism website at: http://www.alt-atheism.org
"Come to think of it, there are already a million
monkeys on a million typewriters, and the Usenet
is NOTHING like Shakespeare!" -- Blair Houghton

Mark K. Bilbo

Sep 3, 2005, 4:46:18 PM9/3/05
In episode <jefjh15v9hs08k45a...@4ax.com>, duke burst into
the room and exclaimed:

> On Fri, 02 Sep 2005 17:50:52 -0500, "Mark K. Bilbo"

> <alt-a...@org.webmaster> wrote:
>
>>Mayor Nagin has been doing everything he can. The man was literally in
>>*tears on the radio begging for help.
>
> And then he let his friends cut to the front of the line to the busses out
> of town.

Oh horseshit. Nagin wouldn't have to put his friends on buses you moron.
He's the goddamn mayor. He has access to helicopters and private jets.
What a *stupid remark. If you're going to accuse Nagin of something like
that, at *least come up with something that sounds half way reasonable.

Mark K. Bilbo

Sep 3, 2005, 4:47:56 PM9/3/05
In episode <nClSe.1725$Di4.1248@trnddc07>, DanielSan burst into the room
and exclaimed:

> duke wrote:

>> On Fri, 02 Sep 2005 17:50:52 -0500, "Mark K. Bilbo"
>> <alt-a...@org.webmaster> wrote:
>>

>>>Mayor Nagin has been doing everything he can. The man was literally in
>>>*tears on the radio begging for help.
>>

>> And then he let his friends cut to the front of the line to the busses
>> out of town.
>
> Cite?

Doesn't matter. You know how stupid it is to say the mayor was letting his
friends "cut in line" for *BUSES?*

As mayor of the largest city of this state, he couldn't put his buddies on
the helicopters and private jets?

Kate

Sep 3, 2005, 5:10:01 PM9/3/05
On Sat, 03 Sep 2005 20:24:44 GMT, "MichaelC"
<mikec...@sbcglobal.net> wrote:

So if the problem is that they couldn't hire school bus drivers for
all those buses now sitting in 5 feet of water, the money would have
done something, eh?

Not to mention, they could have put those people at higher ground in
the city.

>> >http://www.wwltv.com/local/stories/WWLBLOG.ac3fcea.html (1:50 PM update)
>> >
>> >Look, I like Nagin. He jumped in there and attempted the impossible --
>clean
>> >up the NOPD and City Hall. He got some of it done. But he's over his
>head.
>> >Almost any mayor would be. Guliani wasn't over his head, and if he spun
>some
>> >funds as you allege (like to see some proof of that, if you get a
>chance),
>> >then shame on him, but that doesn't mean he's not a hell of a leader and
>> >emergency manager under pressure.
>>
>> Never said he wasn't, but I still don't trust him.
>
>You shouldn't trust politicians. If you've ever trusted one completely, then
>THAT'S the problem. You're holding the rest of them to unattainably high
>standards. :-)

Never said otherwise.

>> >Nagin is a lifelong Republican who switched parties at the last minute to
>> >pick up support for mayor. He endorsed Bobby Jindal for Governor over
>> >Kathleen Blanco, and he only endorsed Kerry for President after political
>> >heat was put on him to do so.
>>
>> No doubt the city paid dearly for that decision.
>
>Well, you can't have your conspiracy theories both ways. Fact is that the
>NOAA had no idea where this thing was going until it passed Florida and was
>into the Gulf. That left 72 hours to clear 1.5 million people off what is
>essentially an island with three ways off, four if you count the fwy over
>the lake that goes up to Hammond, but you have to add to the I-10 West
>congestion to get to it. Once the evac order was given, no transportation
>was coming into the city.
>
>Miracles are in short supply when nature hits.

Miracles work a lot better when the funding comes through. The
airports had shut down and buses work better at putting through more
people than individual vehicles.

I am unaware that there were people stuck in the hurricane because
they were stopped in traffic.

Here's a nasty little act of FEMA and how they are killing off
survivors with, what, incompetence?:

Compare these 2 news articles.

In the first, Chicago's offer of medical help is rejected as
'unneeded' by FEMA and in the second, the doctors at a survivor base
are overwhelmed and watching a lot more than 8 to 10 people die a day
waiting to be helped.

Daley 'shocked' as feds reject aid
September 3, 2005

BY STEPHANIE ZIMMERMANN AND SCOTT FORNEK Staff Reporters Advertisement

A visibly angry Mayor Daley said the city had offered emergency,
medical and technical help to the federal government as early as
Sunday to assist people in the areas stricken by Hurricane Katrina,
but as of Friday, the only things the feds said they wanted was a
single tank truck.

http://www.suntimes.com/output/hurricane/cst-nws-daley03.html

Evacuations Finally Appear to Increase By ROBERT TANNER, AP National
Writer
1 hour, 52 minutes ago

NEW ORLEANS - Planes, trains and buses delivered refugees to safety on
Saturday as the evacuation of this ruined city finally appeared to
pick up steam.

Buses had evacuated most people from the frightening confines of the
Superdome by early morning. At the equally squalid convention center,
thousands of people began pushing and dragging their belongings up the
street to more than a dozen air-conditioned buses, the mood more numb
than jubilant.

More than 50,000 people had been trapped for days at the two filthy,
sweltering buildings, suffering from a lack of food, water or medical
attention. Help came too late for a number of them — dead bodies were
a common sight, in wheelchairs, wrapped in blankets or just abandoned.

Thousands of people were at Louis Armstrong New Orleans International
Airport, where fewer than 200 remained in a medical triage unit where
officials said 3,000 to 5,000 people had been treated since the
beginning of the storm.

"The hallways are filled, the floors are filled. There are thousands
of people there," said Majority Leader Bill Frist, R-Tenn., who was at
the airport. "A lot more than eight to 10 people are dying a day. It's
a distribution problem. The doctors are doing a great job, the nurses
are doing a great job."

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/hurricane_katrina

Brian E. Clark

Sep 3, 2005, 5:21:47 PM9/3/05
In article <Ap-dnZ2dnZ2fQQ-_nZ2dnUyXh96dnZ2dRVn-0J2dnZ0
@megapath.net>, Mark K. Bilbo said...

> I haven't anything against the people who looted food and water. They were
> just trying to survive. But there are gangs roaming that city with
> impunity who like to just shoot people.

You've left out the 'middle layer' of criminality: some people
are looting luxury items such as electronics. Do you advocate a
shoot-on-sight policy for such theft?

Your own words make it clear that many of the people of region
will soon be facing utter penury. Do you think that at least
some of the looters might be gathering up a few items to fence
when all the money runs out? Once the network news cameras are
no longer pointing at him, Bush will ignore the needs of those
made homeless by Katrina, just as he's ignored the plight of the
poor throughout his entire career. The majority of his promised
billions of dollars in aid will end up in the pockets of his
rich friends, if the money is ever even disbursed.

<Shrug> I dunno. In this context, if I were facing certain
destitution and ruin, I'm not entirely sure it wouldn't cross my
mind that helping myself to a few DVD players from WalMart might
make things a little easier down the road -- especially if I had
been an underpaid and ill-treated employee of that house of
thievery before the storm.

I cannot think of any reason I'd pick up a rifle and shoot at
rescue workers, though.

--
-----------
Brian E. Clark

Mark K. Bilbo

Sep 3, 2005, 5:32:17 PM9/3/05
In episode <MPG.1d83ddf6b...@newsgroups.comcast.net>, Brian E.
Clark burst into the room and exclaimed:

> In article <Ap-dnZ2dnZ2fQQ-_nZ2dnUyXh96dnZ2dRVn-0J2dnZ0 @megapath.net>,
> Mark K. Bilbo said...
>
>> I haven't anything against the people who looted food and water. They
>> were just trying to survive. But there are gangs roaming that city with
>> impunity who like to just shoot people.
>
> You've left out the 'middle layer' of criminality: some people are looting
> luxury items such as electronics. Do you advocate a shoot-on-sight policy
> for such theft?

Yes.

> Your own words make it clear that many of the people of region will soon
> be facing utter penury. Do you think that at least some of the looters
> might be gathering up a few items to fence when all the money runs out?
> Once the network news cameras are no longer pointing at him, Bush will
> ignore the needs of those made homeless by Katrina, just as he's ignored
> the plight of the poor throughout his entire career. The majority of his
> promised billions of dollars in aid will end up in the pockets of his rich
> friends, if the money is ever even disbursed.
>
> <Shrug> I dunno. In this context, if I were facing certain destitution and
> ruin, I'm not entirely sure it wouldn't cross my mind that helping myself
> to a few DVD players from WalMart might make things a little easier down
> the road -- especially if I had been an underpaid and ill-treated employee
> of that house of thievery before the storm.
>
> I cannot think of any reason I'd pick up a rifle and shoot at rescue
> workers, though.

The chaos is costing lives. It has cost lives. Hundreds, maybe thousands.

Do you know the Red Cross delayed entering the city because of the
violence? How many have died because a few decided it was time to loot the
guns and flat screen TVs?

Douglas Berry

Sep 3, 2005, 8:16:10 PM9/3/05
On 3 Sep 2005 09:48:37 -0700, "Terry Cross" <tcro...@hotmail.com>

drained his beer, leaned back in the alt.atheism beanbag and drunkenly
proclaimed the following

>> After the Loma Prieta quake, the SFPD issued an order, that was

>> broadcast on all the networks that were up, that looters would be
>> given one chance to surrender, and then shot. This was also broadcast
>> from helicopters and roving patrol cars.
>>
>> We had no looting, and no one got shot.
>
>Even that order is far more sophisticated that the American "shoot on
>sight" order.

Attention idiot. The Loma Prieta Earthquake occurred on October 17th,
1989. Epicenter was a few miles from Ben Lomand, California. In the
United States.

How was our shoot on sight order any different?
--

Douglas E. Berry Do the OBVIOUS thing to send e-mail
Atheist #2147, Atheist Vet #5

"Men never do evil so completely and cheerfully as
when they do it from religious conviction."
Blaise Pascal (1623-1662), Pense'es, #894.

Douglas Berry

Sep 3, 2005, 8:17:05 PM9/3/05
On Sat, 03 Sep 2005 12:42:53 -0500, Daniel Kolle
<Daniel...@gmail.com> drained his beer, leaned back in the

alt.atheism beanbag and drunkenly proclaimed the following

>>Do you know what martial law means?

>Louisiana law does not allow for martial law.

Cite?

Douglas Berry

Sep 3, 2005, 8:19:33 PM9/3/05
On Sat, 03 Sep 2005 15:06:31 -0400, Sean C
<red...@burnspammersalive.com> drained his beer, leaned back in the

alt.atheism beanbag and drunkenly proclaimed the following

>The police already have guidelines in place for the use of deadly

>force, and what to do against armed robbers or people shooting at them.
>I don't see why those rules need to be suspended, and the Law of the
>Jungle adopted, just because people are stealing VCRs and a handful of
>animals are shooting at cops. They should deal with this the same way
>they deal with shooters any other time. Do you know what a "shoot on
>sight" order means? It means cops and soldiers can kill anybody they
>feel like, without having to determine what they're doing or why
>they're doing it.

This isn't like any other time. There is a complete breakdown of the
social order in New Orleans. No fire fighters, no law.

Shooting looters will scare the rest of the fuckers right off the
street.

Michelle Malkin

Sep 3, 2005, 9:17:54 PM9/3/05

"Joe King" <jef...@pacbell.net> wrote in message

> "DanielSan" <danie...@myrealbox.com> wrote in message
>> duke wrote:
>>> On Fri, 02 Sep 2005 17:50:52 -0500, "Mark K. Bilbo"
>>> <alt-a...@org.webmaster>
>>>

>>> And then he let his friends cut to the front of the line to the busses
>>> out of
>>> town.
>>
>> Cite?
>
> I heard the same thing but the news reported it as tourists who had not
> been able to leave the city. The tourists (hunderds?) were given priority
> by order of the mayor.

That makes sense. They have homes to go to. Why
waste food and water on them? Get them to Texas
or some other state where they can find a way to
get home. Then, they can take care of the people
who really need help.

Michelle Malkin (Mickey)

Daniel Kolle

Sep 3, 2005, 9:42:54 PM9/3/05

<snip>

As a libertarian, the events in New Orleans are causing me to ask many
questions. History does indeed teach us that consolidating power into
the hands of the police/military leads to abuse. But as a capitalist,
part of me says "How dare those fuckers loot!" The theft of food and
basic necessities, while theft, is certainly more than excusable.
These people have gone without food for days now. But the "finding" of
plasma screen televisions and fishing poles is theft, pure and simple.
If I were a business owner I would have no qualms spraying the gray
matter of the fuckers all over the place. Theft in this situation is
theft--no matter how you use the goods.
I will end my little rant with this: New Orleans is fucked up.

Joe King

Sep 3, 2005, 10:23:07 PM9/3/05

> On 2 Sep 2005 20:39:26 -0700, "Terry Cross" <tcro...@hotmail.com>
> drained his beer, leaned back in the alt.atheism beanbag and drunkenly
> proclaimed the following
>
>>> There are people taking advantage of the disaster to steal. I say
>>> that when they are caught, they are giving one chance to pay for the
>>> goods in their possession. If they can't, they are executed on the
>>> spot.
>>
>>Summary execution is not an option in a free society. Individual
>>liberty degenerates everywhere it has ever been tried.
>>
>>Do not argue with history. The quick fix does not work in this case.
>>Democracy was lucky to have climbed out of the pit once. Do not plunge
>>us back into the pit again over a few TeeVee sets.
>>
>>When soldiers and their officers are given the option to kill people
>>with no questions asked, how long do you think it will take before
>>abuse sets in?
>>
>>While you think about it, it would already have happened. Every police
>>department where they stop asking questions of policemen who shoot
>>people, the shootings get more and more numerous and the city turns
>>into a sewer.
>
> After the Loma Prieta quake, the SFPD issued an order, that was
> broadcast on all the networks that were up, that looters would be
> given one chance to surrender, and then shot. This was also broadcast
> from helicopters and roving patrol cars.
>
> We had no looting, and no one got shot.

Perhaps you could clarify that staement and include date and times as I was
in San Francisco during that particulart earthquake and heard of no such
order. In fact, I was working within the Sixth US Army Operations Center
and I'm quite sure I would have known of such an order as you have
described.

MichaelC

Sep 4, 2005, 5:54:04 AM9/4/05

"Kate " <cob...@newscene.com> wrote in message

I doubt the problem was money to hire drivers. However, it appears that
using the Superdome was rather foolish, although I acknowledge that there's
some hindsight involved in that notion.

There weren't, largely, but that's because of contraflow. If the lanes
entering the city were open, matters would likely have been different. I had
a friend who took 5 hours to get from the airport to Baton Rouge, and that's
less than an hour's drive, normally.

> Here's a nasty little act of FEMA and how they are killing off
> survivors with, what, incompetence?:
>
> Compare these 2 news articles.
>
> In the first, Chicago's offer of medical help is rejected as
> 'unneeded' by FEMA and in the second, the doctors at a survivor base
> are overwhelmed and watching a lot more than 8 to 10 people die a day
> waiting to be helped.

Yea, saw these. I agree, I don't get it.

Mike

> Daley 'shocked' as feds reject aid
> September 3, 2005
>
> BY STEPHANIE ZIMMERMANN AND SCOTT FORNEK Staff Reporters Advertisement
>
> A visibly angry Mayor Daley said the city had offered emergency,
> medical and technical help to the federal government as early as
> Sunday to assist people in the areas stricken by Hurricane Katrina,
> but as of Friday, the only things the feds said they wanted was a
> single tank truck.
>
> http://www.suntimes.com/output/hurricane/cst-nws-daley03.html
>

> Evacuations Finally Appear to Increase By ROBERT TANNER, AP National
> Writer
> 1 hour, 52 minutes ago
>

> NEW ORLEANS - Planes, trains and buses delivered refugees to safety on
> Saturday as the evacuation of this ruined city finally appeared to
> pick up steam.
>
> Buses had evacuated most people from the frightening confines of the
> Superdome by early morning. At the equally squalid convention center,
> thousands of people began pushing and dragging their belongings up the
> street to more than a dozen air-conditioned buses, the mood more numb
> than jubilant.
>
> More than 50,000 people had been trapped for days at the two filthy,
> sweltering buildings, suffering from a lack of food, water or medical

> attention. Help came too late for a number of them - dead bodies were

Douglas Berry

Sep 4, 2005, 11:03:07 AM9/4/05
On Sun, 04 Sep 2005 02:23:07 GMT, "Joe King" <jef...@pacbell.net>

drained his beer, leaned back in the alt.atheism beanbag and drunkenly
proclaimed the following

>Perhaps you could clarify that staement and include date and times as I was
>in San Francisco during that particulart earthquake and heard of no such
>order. In fact, I was working within the Sixth US Army Operations Center
>and I'm quite sure I would have known of such an order as you have
>described.

I was staying in the Tenderloin (Ellis at Larkin) and heard the order
from roving police cars. Quite clearly.

"Attention! Looters will be shot on sight. Please stay in your homes
if they are undamaged."

We spent that night sitting in the Civic Center plaza listening to the
radio.

Kate

Sep 4, 2005, 10:42:54 AM9/4/05
On Sun, 04 Sep 2005 09:54:04 GMT, "MichaelC"
<mikec...@sbcglobal.net> wrote:

So if people didn't get stuck, then the traffic lanes with contraflow
were enough and more could have gotten through.

I don't agree that funding from the feds for evacuation would have
been useless. It's obvious that the denial cost lives - probably
thousands of lives.

Mark K. Bilbo

Sep 4, 2005, 11:35:27 AM9/4/05
In episode <0vzSe.2$eQ...@newssvr21.news.prodigy.com>, MichaelC burst into
the room and exclaimed:

> However, it appears that

> using the Superdome was rather foolish, although I acknowledge that
> there's some hindsight involved in that notion.

I don't see they had much choice. And if FEMA (et al) had been staging a
relief effort for a storm they *knew *by *Sunday was going to be
catastrophic, food, water, and such could have been in the dome almost as
soon as the storm passed...

Joe King

Sep 4, 2005, 11:40:15 AM9/4/05

> On Sun, 04 Sep 2005 02:23:07 GMT, "Joe King" <jef...@pacbell.net>
> drained his beer, leaned back in the alt.atheism beanbag and drunkenly
> proclaimed the following
>>
>>Perhaps you could clarify that staement and include date and times as I
>>was
>>in San Francisco during that particulart earthquake and heard of no such
>>order. In fact, I was working within the Sixth US Army Operations Center
>>and I'm quite sure I would have known of such an order as you have
>>described.
>
> I was staying in the Tenderloin (Ellis at Larkin) and heard the order
> from roving police cars. Quite clearly.
>
> "Attention! Looters will be shot on sight. Please stay in your homes
> if they are undamaged."
>
> We spent that night sitting in the Civic Center plaza listening to the
> radio.

I'm 100% convinced that that had to be a bluff considering the ultra leftism
of this part of the country. The city would have been sued and the plantiff
would have been awarded a substantial award. Again, though, I have no
recollecton of such an order but then again even though I was involved with
the recovery, I was staying on the Presidio.

Kate

Sep 4, 2005, 12:27:02 PM9/4/05
On Sat, 03 Sep 2005 20:42:54 -0500, Daniel Kolle
<Daniel...@gmail.com> wrote:

><snip>
>
>As a libertarian, the events in New Orleans are causing me to ask many
>questions. History does indeed teach us that consolidating power into
>the hands of the police/military leads to abuse. But as a capitalist,
>part of me says "How dare those fuckers loot!" The theft of food and
>basic necessities, while theft, is certainly more than excusable.
>These people have gone without food for days now. But the "finding" of
>plasma screen televisions and fishing poles is theft, pure and simple.
>If I were a business owner I would have no qualms spraying the gray
>matter of the fuckers all over the place. Theft in this situation is
>theft--no matter how you use the goods.
> I will end my little rant with this: New Orleans is fucked up.

As is your priorities if theft of useless material things is what
pisses you off the most.

How about how the survivors are being treated?

duke

Sep 4, 2005, 12:49:30 PM9/4/05
On Sat, 03 Sep 2005 15:46:18 -0500, "Mark K. Bilbo" <alt-a...@org.webmaster>
wrote:

>Oh horseshit. Nagin wouldn't have to put his friends on buses you moron.

>He's the goddamn mayor. He has access to helicopters and private jets.
>What a *stupid remark. If you're going to accuse Nagin of something like
>that, at *least come up with something that sounds half way reasonable.

Hey, it was reported on fox news, by one of their reporters.

duke
*****
Pope Paul VI
*****

Mark K. Bilbo

Sep 4, 2005, 12:51:36 PM9/4/05
In episode <db9mh1ds5ehs293t3...@4ax.com>, duke burst into
the room and exclaimed:

> On Sat, 03 Sep 2005 15:46:18 -0500, "Mark K. Bilbo"

> <alt-a...@org.webmaster> wrote:
>
>>Oh horseshit. Nagin wouldn't have to put his friends on buses you moron.
>>He's the goddamn mayor. He has access to helicopters and private jets.
>>What a *stupid remark. If you're going to accuse Nagin of something like
>>that, at *least come up with something that sounds half way reasonable.
>
> Hey, it was reported on fox news, by one of their reporters.

<snork>

Yeah, Dung, if Nagin was going to be corrupt--and he could be--you think
he was going to shove his buddies on BUSES?

Please. Try something that makes actual sense next time.

Daniel Kolle

Sep 4, 2005, 2:46:48 PM9/4/05
On Sun, 04 Sep 2005 00:17:05 GMT, Douglas Berry
<pengu...@mindOBVIOUSspring.com> thought hard and wrote:

>On Sat, 03 Sep 2005 12:42:53 -0500, Daniel Kolle
><Daniel...@gmail.com> drained his beer, leaned back in the
>alt.atheism beanbag and drunkenly proclaimed the following
>
>>>Do you know what martial law means?
>>
>>Louisiana law does not allow for martial law.
>
>Cite?

http://slate.msn.com/id/2125584/nav/tap1/

Sean C

Sep 4, 2005, 4:02:59 PM9/4/05
In article <3bfkh1dn3an9n6rar...@4ax.com>, Douglas Berry
<pengu...@mindOBVIOUSspring.com> wrote:

> On Sat, 03 Sep 2005 15:06:31 -0400, Sean C
> <red...@burnspammersalive.com> drained his beer, leaned back in the
> alt.atheism beanbag and drunkenly proclaimed the following
>
> >The police already have guidelines in place for the use of deadly
> >force, and what to do against armed robbers or people shooting at them.
> >I don't see why those rules need to be suspended, and the Law of the
> >Jungle adopted, just because people are stealing VCRs and a handful of
> >animals are shooting at cops. They should deal with this the same way
> >they deal with shooters any other time. Do you know what a "shoot on
> >sight" order means? It means cops and soldiers can kill anybody they
> >feel like, without having to determine what they're doing or why
> >they're doing it.
>
> This isn't like any other time. There is a complete breakdown of the
> social order in New Orleans. No fire fighters, no law.

And some of the people out there on the streets with guns may be
citizens organizing to protect themselves and their communities in the
absence of the police. Yet you propose they be shot on sight.

> Shooting looters will scare the rest of the fuckers right off the
> street.

Well, the "shoot the fuckers" strategy worked real good in Fallujah,
didn't it? The 82d Airborne shot a few of the fuckers, and the result
was a full blown insurgency. Fallujah, as well as the rest of Iraq, is
overwhelmed with murders, rapes, kidnappings and other violent crimes.
As many as 36 percent of the casualties there may have been caused by
criminals. Religious fanatics kill 800 people a month in Baghdad alone,
and the insurgency is raging out of control. All this despite a very
pronounced and well-understood "shoot the fuckers" policy.

Could it be that maybe the "shoot the fuckers" policy doesn't work?

Maybe we should do something in New Orleans we didn't do in Fallujah
and the rest of Iraq: act like liberators. We should make it clear that
we are there to save the people, not shoot them or pass judgement on
them. People need to be able to feel safe approaching cops and soldiers
who may be distributing aid. I don't see how having soldiers and cops
shooting wildly at anyone with a grocery bag in their hands is going to
accomplish that. People who need to eat and drink or die are going to
be out there looting regardless, and you are only going to killing
people whose only crime is they're trying to survive. I'm sorry you
can't see how barbaric that is.

If anyone deserves to be shot, it's the bastards who kept survivors
from getting out of the city, and the Red Cross from getting in.

There is an enormous amount of justified anger and rage at the
government right now, and we need to try and calm that down, get
control of the situation with civilized and proven police techniques,
bring in the necessary aid and supplies, and avoid inflaming the
situation anymore with draconian and fascist police state tactics. This
could still erupt into a full blown riot and insurrection. To capture
the thugs, killers and rapists will require the cooperation of the
local people who know who they are; let's not destroy their trust any
more than we already have by shooting at the desparate.

Sean C

Daniel Kolle

Sep 4, 2005, 5:18:06 PM9/4/05
On 4 Sep 2005 11:27:02 -0500, cob...@newscene.com (Kate ) thought hard
and wrote:

Law and order does not cease to be whenever a hurricane hits.

>How about how the survivors are being treated?

What treatment?

Kate

Sep 4, 2005, 8:32:03 PM9/4/05
On Sun, 04 Sep 2005 16:18:06 -0500, Daniel Kolle
<Daniel...@gmail.com> wrote:

>On 4 Sep 2005 11:27:02 -0500, cob...@newscene.com (Kate ) thought hard
>and wrote:
>
>>On Sat, 03 Sep 2005 20:42:54 -0500, Daniel Kolle
>><Daniel...@gmail.com> wrote:
>>

>>><snip>
>>>
>>>As a libertarian, the events in New Orleans are causing me to ask many
>>>questions. History does indeed teach us that consolidating power into
>>>the hands of the police/military leads to abuse. But as a capitalist,
>>>part of me says "How dare those fuckers loot!" The theft of food and
>>>basic necessities, while theft, is certainly more than excusable.
>>>These people have gone without food for days now. But the "finding" of
>>>plasma screen televisions and fishing poles is theft, pure and simple.
>>>If I were a business owner I would have no qualms spraying the gray
>>>matter of the fuckers all over the place. Theft in this situation is
>>>theft--no matter how you use the goods.
>>> I will end my little rant with this: New Orleans is fucked up.
>>
>>As is your priorities if theft of useless material things is what
>>pisses you off the most.
>
>Law and order does not cease to be whenever a hurricane hits.

Non sequituer and inaccurate to boot.

>>How about how the survivors are being treated?
>
>What treatment?

Try reading the news dear.

cindys

Sep 4, 2005, 8:53:23 PM9/4/05

"Terry Cross" <tcro...@hotmail.com> wrote in message
>Incidentally, has Israel offered any international aid to its "good
friend" and protector, now that we could use a little help?

----------
Yes, she has, you obnoxious antisemite.
Best regards,
---Cindy S.

cindys

Sep 4, 2005, 10:51:27 PM9/4/05

> Roy Jose Lorr wrote:
> > Terry Cross wrote:
> >

> > > I have also learned that the nation we call "Israel" does not embody
> > > the ideals of Judaism, either.
> >
> > What does a Jew hating America bashing commie slut
> > know about Judaism? The only thing you know of
> > ideals is that it would be ideal if all Jews were
> > exterminated from the world and America did the
> > exterminating in the names of marx, lenin and stalin.
>
> If anyone were in mystery about Judaism, the likes of you, Cindy, and
> Riain Barton would certainly fill in the holes. It would not be right
> knowledge, but you do not understand that.
-----
Oh, I see...you know so much about Judaism that you are in a position to
claim the information I post about Judaism is incorrect. You have done
nothing but spout Jew hatred and anti-Israel rhetoric since you began
posting to alt.messianic months ago. And I see you made a point of
crossposting this poison as well to ensure another flame war.
Best regards,
---Cindy S.

cindys

Sep 4, 2005, 10:53:22 PM9/4/05

"E. F >Udd." <ef...@private.com> wrote in message

> "Terry Cross" <tcro...@hotmail.com> wrote in message

> Incidentally, has Israel offered any international aid to its "good
> friend" and protector, now that we could use a little help?
>

> TCross
>
> INCIDENTALLY, YOU JUST MAKE YOURSELF LOOK LIKE AN IDIOT WITH THAT
> NON-SEQUITUR.
----------
No, he demonstrated that he is antisemitic and hates Israel. But we already
knew that.
Best regards,
---Cindy S.

fact-c...@hotmail.com

Sep 5, 2005, 9:07:19 AM9/5/05

========

Cindy and her friends Tilly and Susan and Patricia have thrown the
label "anti-Semite" at just about anything that moves for so long now
that the label has lost all meaning when it is thrown by them.

I wouldn't be surprised if Cindy declares that the common cold virus is
"anti-Semitic" because it has been known to "attack Jews".

Emma

Sep 5, 2005, 6:35:53 PM9/5/05
In article <PoOSe.56038$EX.5...@twister.nyroc.rr.com>, cindys says...

> And I see you made a point of
>crossposting this poison as well to ensure another flame war.
>Best regards,
>---Cindy S.

Cindy has a point about the crossposting, Terry.

To mention Judaism and Israel in such negative
terms, and then to crosspost to Jewish and
Islamic groups will surely only mean one thing....
a very long and angry thread.
Do we really want that here?

Btw, I think most posters are assuming that
you are a man, but I believe you are a woman.
Am I right? Not that it matters. But your
name can be confusing.

--
*~*~*
Emma

Emma

Sep 5, 2005, 7:07:49 PM9/5/05
fact-c...@hotmail.com says...

>Cindy and her friends Tilly and Susan and Patricia have thrown the
>label "anti-Semite" at just about anything that moves for so long now
>that the label has lost all meaning when it is thrown by them.

Cindy, Tilly, Susan and Patricia contend with
some very obnoxious and severely unhinged trolls
in the Jewish group. So they are used to fighting
back.

I think that the negative posts in this
ng are often a case of ignorance about Judaism,
or prejudice, rather than murderous hatred.

Or in your particular case......stupidity.

cindys

Sep 5, 2005, 8:49:30 PM9/5/05

"Emma" <em...@newsguy.com> wrote in message
--------
In the case of Morris, the antisemitism is borne of malice. I have explained
what I believe to be the reason for his malice in previous threads. FTR, I
have never seen Morris post anything which was anti-Israel.

In the case of Terry Cross, I originally thought the antisemitic,
anti-Israel sentiments were born of ignorance, mostly about the situation in
Israel. He is not well read, knows virtually nothing about history, either
ancient or modern, and apparently doesn't read the local newspaper either.
In light of this, several of us have attempted to provide a crash course in
history, yet in spite of this, he continues to spew the same old anti-Israel
Arab rhetoric, going so far as to take off-topic swipes at Israel in the
midst of a thread about the hurricane in New Orleans. Yes, Terry is ignorant
about Judaism and the Middle East, but he is also antisemitic and
anti-Israel, more anti-Israel than antisemitic, I would say.
Best regards,
---Cindy S.

cindys

Sep 5, 2005, 8:51:12 PM9/5/05

> In article <PoOSe.56038$EX.5...@twister.nyroc.rr.com>, cindys says...
> >
> > And I see you made a point of
> >crossposting this poison as well to ensure another flame war.
> >Best regards,
> >---Cindy S.
>
> Cindy has a point about the crossposting, Terry.
>
> To mention Judaism and Israel in such negative
> terms, and then to crosspost to Jewish and
> Islamic groups will surely only mean one thing....
> a very long and angry thread.
> Do we really want that here?

Yes, he/she does.

> Btw, I think most posters are assuming that
> you are a man, but I believe you are a woman.
> Am I right? Not that it matters. But your
> name can be confusing.

Interesting. Why do you think Terry is a woman?
Best regards,
---Cindy S.

fact-c...@hotmail.com

Sep 5, 2005, 9:01:05 PM9/5/05

===========

From: moshe (joester...@earthlink.com)
Subject: Re: The Catholic Church "made" Hitler.
Newsgroups: alt.religion.christian.roman-catholic, alt.messianic
Date: 1999/12/09

[snip]

I criticize specific individuals for
specific sins, recognizing that Jews
are no better and no worse than
Gentiles, for all are human and all
have sinned and fallen short of
the glory of G-d as seen in I Kings 8:46
and Romans 3:23.

However, you seem to lump all Jews
together in your description of them
as detestable creatures.
Therefore, you are presenting false
stereotypes of Jews and you are engaging
in anti-Semitism.

Are you aware of that?
Do you know that you need to repent of it?

From: moshe (joes...@hotmail.com)
Subject: Re: rules for quoting Jewish sources
Newsgroups: alt.messianic, soc.culture.jewish
Date: 2004-06-19 19:59:44 PST

[snip]

> > Hey moshe, so what is your deal with the Jews anyways? Do you like 'em or
> > hate 'em?
> >
> > -Mike
>
> ******************
>
> "The Jews"?
>
> There are atheist Jews.
> There are Jews who believe in Jesus.
> There are Jews who follow Judaism.
> There are some very nice, loving rabbis in the world.
> There are some extremely hateful followers of Judaism in this
> newsgroup.
>
> Not all Jews can be lumped together, just as not all Gentiles can be
> lumped together.
>
> When John 3:16 says that "God so loved the world", that means that God
> loves both Jews and Gentiles.
>
> When II Peter 3:9 says that it is not God's will that any should
> perish, that means that God loves both Jews and Gentiles and wants to
> save them.
>
> When Romans 3:23 says that all have sinned, that includes all Gentiles
> and all Jews.
>
> - moshe

**************

90 percent of the followers of Judaism in this newsgroup (includes
soc.culture.jewish) are hateful liars and slanderers whenever the mood
hits them.

That is *not* typical of the followers of Judaism out in the real
world.

If you go into the average synagogue in America you will find that
more than 95 percent of the members there are very nice people.

So please do not judge the followers of Judaism elsewhere by the
behavior of the dozen or so that post here.

- moshe

From: moshe (joes...@hotmail.com)
Subject: Re: denouncing bigotry (from moshe)
Newsgroups: alt.messianic
Date: 2003-07-21 06:35:48 PST

Martin Graham said:

> Thew Jews to this day reject Christ, just as they did when their
> rejection led to his suffering. ...
> To this day,> he Jewish people do not disavow the actions of those
> among them who commited this crime against God and man.
> > Do you believe that all Jews are "Christ killers"?
>
> To the extent that thye do not repent of the crime against God
> committed by their ancestors, yes...

**************************

You lump all Jewish people together and judge them as a "race".
You then hate that "race".
That makes you a "racist".

You hate Jews.
You want to call Jews "Christ killers".
You have made up your mind, dug in your heels, and nothing will make
you change.

In that case, I want to be *the* Jew that you hate.
I want to be *the* Jew that you call "Christ killer".

Anytime you feel the urge to hate a Jew, you should e-mail *me*.
Anytime you feel the urge to call a Jew a "Christ killer", you should
e-mail *me*.

I will consider it an honor.

Your condemnation of me will serve as evidence for your own
condemnation at the White Throne Judgement of Revelation 20:11-15.

Here is how you are the ultimate hypocrite:
You complain that Jews refuse to come into your church to accept
Jesus.
But what Jew would want to walk into a church full of anti-Semites
like you?
I am *already* a believer in Jesus, and *I* would not want to be in a
church full of anti-Semites like you.
Your hateful anti-Semtism drives Jews away from your church, then you
condemn Jews for staying away from your church.

- moshe

From: moshe (joes...@earthlink.com)
Subject: Re: a messiah with real value
Newsgroups: alt.messianic
Date: 1999/04/29

[snip]

I am on record that there are some tremendously
beautiful and profoundly true statements in Talmud,
mixed in with some utter blasphemy and false teachings.
Thus I give credit where credit is due, and give
criticism where criticism is due.

I am on record as saying that there are some wonderful
people in our local Orthodox shul, while some of the
people representing Rabbinic Judaism in this forum
are atrociously hateful.

[snip]

From: moshe (joester...@earthlink.com)
Newsgroups: alt.religion.christian.roman-catholic, alt.messianic
Date: 1999/12/09

[snip]

There are good and bad Jews, just
as there are good and bad Gentiles.
Both groups are human and fall
short of the glory of G-d (I Kings 8:46
and Romans 3:23).

The difference between our local
Lubavitch rabbi and "Rabbi" Moshe
Shulman is like the difference between
night and day.

The difference between the former cantor
of our local traditional synagogue and
Joel here in alt.mess is like the difference
between night and day.

All four people I just mentioned are Jews
who do not believe in Yeshua.
2 of them are real stinkers, while the other
2 are extremely nice people who wouldn't
say a bad thing to a fly.

Sep 6, 2005, 7:02:56 PM9/6/05
On 2 Sep 2005 21:34:21 -0700, "Terry Cross" <tcro...@hotmail.com>
wrote:

>Mark K. Bilbo wrote:
>> In episode <1125718874.2...@o13g2000cwo.googlegroups.com>, Terry
>> Cross burst into the room and exclaimed:

>> > Then, Mark, you prove yourself to be a fool. Did they teach you nothing
>> > about the abuses of power in school?
>>
>> Go stay in Orleans parish tonight. Then you can have an opinion.
>
>A year under the tender care of Augusto Jose Ramon Pinochet Ugarte in
>Chile might be good for your education.
>
>You would invite the tiger into the house to get rid of your mice.
>Look, Ma, no mice.
>
>TCross

Yess, some ugly heads popping above the surface now.

Slobbering Skeleton

Paul Erickson

Sep 6, 2005, 7:37:52 PM9/6/05
On Sat, 03 Sep 2005 09:50:06 -0500, duke <duckg...@cox.net> wrote:

>On Sat, 03 Sep 2005 02:56:57 GMT, Douglas Berry
><pengu...@mindOBVIOUSspring.com> wrote:
>
>>There are people taking advantage of the disaster to steal. I say
>>that when they are caught, they are giving one chance to pay for the
>>goods in their possession. If they can't, they are executed on the
>>spot.
>

>Wow, penguin. You're a good example of why soldiers are not good peacekeepers.
>duke

I agree with you here, duke -- a rare thing.

Slobbering Skeleton

Terry Cross

Sep 6, 2005, 8:03:02 PM9/6/05
Joe King wrote:
> "Douglas Berry" <pengu...@mindOBVIOUSspring.com> wrote in message
> > On Sun, 04 Sep 2005 02:23:07 GMT, "Joe King" <jef...@pacbell.net>
> > drained his beer, leaned back in the alt.atheism beanbag and drunkenly
> > proclaimed the following
> >>
> >>Perhaps you could clarify that staement and include date and times as I
> >>was
> >>in San Francisco during that particulart earthquake and heard of no such
> >>order. In fact, I was working within the Sixth US Army Operations Center
> >>and I'm quite sure I would have known of such an order as you have
> >>described.
> >
> > I was staying in the Tenderloin (Ellis at Larkin) and heard the order
> > from roving police cars. Quite clearly.
> >
> > "Attention! Looters will be shot on sight. Please stay in your homes
> > if they are undamaged."
> >
> > We spent that night sitting in the Civic Center plaza listening to the
> > radio.
>
> I'm 100% convinced that that had to be a bluff considering the ultra leftism
> of this part of the country. The city would have been sued and the plantiff
> would have been awarded a substantial award. Again, though, I have no
> recollecton of such an order but then again even though I was involved with
> the recovery, I was staying on the Presidio.

You forget the utterly vicious nature of leftism when it goes into
operation. LA is one of the most vicious and violent cities in
America.

Remember the "strangle hold" whereby cops would pinch the jugular veins
and people fall unconscious, sometimes dying? That was LA.

Remember Mark Fuhrman and his cronies, beating suspects until they
confessed and bemoaning the loss of the old police station, redolent
with "nigger death" in the holding cells? That was LA.

"Leftism" as you call it, is just tyranny in drag. Different clothing,
but the same old quean under the cloth.

TCross

Emma

Sep 6, 2005, 8:22:59 PM9/6/05
In article <4K5Te.38175$PM3....@twister.nyroc.rr.com>, cindys says...

>Interesting. Why do you think Terry is a woman?
>Best regards,
>---Cindy S.

I think Terry mentioned having a husband once.

It's not always easy to know who said what in a
thread though.

Terry isn't saying, but I would personally hate
to be thought of as a man :-) Thankfully my
name is obviously feminine.

It is loading more messages.