money back guarantee

Kurt Arbuckle

Nov 12, 2001, 2:45:41 PM11/12/01
On Nov. 6 Bevan Morris said in a broadcast:

And they have been offered an opportunity by Maharishi to say that the $1
billion can be put in the endowment fund for 5 years, and then if
after 5 years world peace has not been achieved and sustained, then the
money can be taken back. Maharishi has been willing to make that offer
because of the absolute certainty based upon the research, and the
experience of the Vedic Tradition, that this will create peace.
So there is no question that it would actually have to be taken out, but
he's made that offer to make it clear to the billionaires how confident we
are that within a very short time, it wouldn't take 5 years to achieve
world peace, even within months, it would begin to be seen. And it will be
very clear during those 5 years that a peaceful world has been created and
terrorism is no longer a predominant thing and it is vanishing from the
world or vanished even from the world. This is what would happen with the
power of the Maha Yagyas and the power of the Yogic Flying Vedic Pandits
doing their Graha Shanti for different nations. This is what will happen.
And so this is what Dr. Hagelin is able to present to everyone. So please,
make sure that everyone in every leading position in society hears about
it, knows about it, and preferably meets the scientific team, and
understands the scientific basis at the quantum mechanical level of
creation, the level of consciousness itself, which alone offers the chance
to really prevent terrorism and war and put a permanent full stop to all
these miseries of human life that have been continuing for thousands of
years together.

Kurt

sudarsha

Nov 12, 2001, 4:41:51 PM11/12/01
Wonderful. Except after 40+ of not following through on claims (dare we
assume they were promises, too?), I simply don't believe him. Don't people
look at track records before investing, or does Megarichy assume that rich
people are stupid?

"Kurt Arbuckle" <k...@starbase.neosoft.com> wrote in message

Kurt Arbuckle

Nov 12, 2001, 5:19:19 PM11/12/01
I think Maharishi probably thinks that rich people are smart enough to
look at the documents and safeguards that would be in place when the
fund is set up, so as to guarantee their return unless the project
succeeds. You see Sud, your theory about the TM org being only to enrich
Maharishi has ALWAYS been flawed, because of the way the organization is
set up. You have to delete that obvious information or distort it in order
to support your belief; a belief that is not based on reality, but only and
I do mean ONLY on your imagination, brought about by some slight that is
also only in your imagination in all likelihood.

Kurt

sudarsha <tom.an...@sympatico.ca> wrote:
: Wonderful. Except after 40+ of not following through on claims (dare we

:>

--
GBERT: "From now on, I will not try to reason with the idiots I encounter. I
will dismiss them by waving my paw and saying, 'Bah.'"

DILBERT: "Just because someone thinks differently from you doesn't mean he's
an idiot, Dogbert."

DOGBERT: (waving paw) "Bah."

sudarsha

Nov 12, 2001, 6:31:56 PM11/12/01
How is the organization set up, oh, all-knowing one? Do the Shrivastavas not
control it?

"Kurt Arbuckle" <k...@starbase.neosoft.com> wrote in message

John Manning

Nov 12, 2001, 6:57:49 PM11/12/01
Kurt Arbuckle <k...@starbase.neosoft.com> wrote in message news:<C93FE16038C2F953.FA82F773...@lp.airnews.net>...

C'mon Kurt. Do you really expect that intelligent human beings will
buy this crap? Every scheme MMY has proposed has failed. Money is
required? What about God and Truth?

It gets more ridiculous every day. And you, Kurt, "BUY" this stuff?

I saw a movie called "Dumb and Dumber". You and your 'team' belong in
this catagory.

John Manning

Bob Brigante

Nov 12, 2001, 8:02:36 PM11/12/01
> On Nov. 6 Bevan Morris said in a broadcast:
>
> And they have been offered an opportunity by Maharishi to say that the $1
> billion can be put in the endowment fund for 5 years, and then if
> after 5 years world peace has not been achieved and sustained, then the
> money can be taken back.

snip

> Kurt

more complete text:

Bevan news - Nov. 6 Maharishi Channel

The following are excerpts from Bevan's news broadcast on the Maharishi
Channel on Nov. 6, which includes a discussion of the vital need for higher
numbers in the Golden Domes in Fairfield, a report on Dr. John Hagelin's
meetings in Washington D.C. following Maharishi's conference call on
Victory Day to the education conference at MUM and to the world press, and
news on the $1 billion Endowment Fund for World Peace.

(The text is mostly transcribed, with some paraphrasing.)
___________________________

The news media is covering more and more the killing of innocent people in
Afganistan, and Americans are beginning to realize more and more that great
atrocities are being done in their name by the U.S. military. Senator
Joseph Biden, chairman of the Senate Foreign Relations Committee, wants the
aerial strikes to end as quickly as possible, because he recognizes that
the longer it goes on the more serious the consequences will be. Biden also
mentioned that there is quite a conflict in the U.S. administration between
Secretary of Defense Donald Rumsfeld and Secretary of State Colin Powell.
Everywhere in the media one sees Rumsfeld, but you don't hear from Colin
Powell anymore. And again it comes back to the fact that since the numbers
in the Golden Domes at Maharishi University of Management dropped again
dramatically back to similar levels to what they were before all of this
began, so now those who are in favor of military standpoints and military
action, even if it kills innocent people, those have the dominant position
in the U.S. government at the moment. If coherence was higher in the U.S.
then those who speak more in a moderate way would once again become more
powerful in the government. But it is good to see that this prominent
Democrat who is the head of the Foreign Relations Committee in the Senate
is calling for an end to the bombing, that is at least some hope that there
will be some more reasonable views being pressed on the Bush
administration. Let's hope they listen to them.

Regarding Dr. John Hagelin's meetings in Washington with government
officials: Dr. Hagelin met with government scientists, during which he
defeated their bellicose arguments and criticisms, and as the meetings
progressed there was a softening in the scientists. Maharishi said to John
that he should say to them: has the approach that the U.S. is adopting in
Afghanistan right now of massive bombings by government forces been
scientificaly proven to eliminate terrorism? So, John is asking them '
where is your research?' They have no research on what they are doing, it
has never occurred to them to study whether their approach actually works
or not, because that's just the approach that they have. But of course it
is completely hypocritical for them to challenge somebody else to produce
research in favor of their approach, when they [the govt] have no research
in favor of what they are doing. And if the Pentagon was open-minded enough
to evaluate their own violent approach to the problem of terrorism, if
they did they would have to conclude that their approach is an absolute
failure, for thousands of years. Not only is Dr. Hagelin presenting results
of research that shows that this approach does work, but their approach has
absolutely shown itself not to work.

Maharishi also asked Dr. Hagelin to convey to them in very concrete ways
the suffering that they are producing by virtue of their bombing compaign.
It's something so abstract to them because of the way America fights wars
these days -- they're bombing "targets", not human beings, and terrible
agonies of loss and injury and the death that is being created. It's a
very cold and very incomplete way of thinking about things, people just
don't have that sense. They can't even relate the terrible miseries that
were created for the families of the people who died in the World Trade
Center, or the Pentagon, or on the plane that crashed in Pennsylvania, they
don't relate that to the same kind of pain being produced by the bombs
dropped on Afghanistan for people who had absolutely nothing whatsoever to
do [with the attacks on the U.S.] --.they're not even Afghans who attacked
the World Trade Center. So this Maharishi wanted Dr. Hagelin to convey to
them, give them some sense of the pain that they are actually causing
people and how terrible that is that they are causing such misery in the
people of Afghanistan.

Maharishi said that this horrible situation of war is an old story that has
been going on and on for thousands and thousands of years, but the time is
different because we actually now have the solution - and Maharishi said it
in one expression ' big yagyas', those vedic performances using Vedic
sounds from the Parame Vyoman or transcendental level of existence, the
level of silence, pure silence, pure consciousness,
to enliven Daivi Shakti, the power of the Devatas, the power of the
Intelligences which reverberate in the field of infinite silence, the
mighty powers that run the whole structure of Natural Law in the universe.
Enlivening that power of Daivi Shakti, Maharishi said, it quietens down all
these negative trends in the world, it's the only solution. The only
solution is to have a permanent basis for maintaining satwa, that is,
harmony and unity, in world consciousness. Only when we have that
permanently all of these things will not arise. That will be the basis,
these Maha Yagyas performed by the transcendentally awake Vedic Pandilts in
a Vedic Country in India, that will be the basis of a real preventive
measure, and then all of these difficulties that the world faces, not only
terrorism, but all difficulties will be resolved. Every generation will
have a permanent solution. This is what we're offering to all generations,
Maharishi said, a full stop to all this permanently.

Also, Maharishi was very pleased to know that when Dr. Hagelin met with a
physicist congressman it was he who understood best and most clearly the
power of this program and this message that Maharishi is giving of peace in
the world, this scientific message. Dr. Hagelin mentioned that this
physicist said that there are some other physicists in Congress also, and
that he wants John to meet these other physicist congressmen as well since
he feels they'll all understand and comprehend this particular angle.

It's also very good news that, on the billionaire front, we have not
received really much of a response from anywhere, but now with his travels
again in the United States H.E. Dr. John Hagelin is really beginning to
make some breakthroughs, nothing concrete in terms of finance, but actually
the doors are beginning to open. So let's maintain our strong focus in this
direction, that we want to have the meetings of our [team of scientists] -
it's not just Dr. John Hagelin, he travels with a group of outstanding
scientists like, for example, Dr. Peter Salk, who is the son of the famous
scientist Dr. Jonas Salk and a great scientist in his own right. Dr. Peter
Salk and other scientists with Dr. Hagelin perform, as Dr. Hagelin said,
like a 'dream team' of scientists. When they come in and talk to someone
who is intelligent and not just worried about their political concerns, as
many politicians and government people are, then it 's a very powerful
message. So if we can keep opening the doors to this level of society then
it is more than possible that we can achieve the goal of getting the
Endowment Fund for World Peace, $1billion, the interest from which will
support the 40,000 Vedic Pandits in India throughout time. That is the
great thing, that is the only thing, that is really the accomplishment that
this generation needs to achieve. And so with all of these scientists led
by Dr. Hagelin moving about and speaking to more and more of this level of
society, then we may soon have the chance.

Bob Brigante
http://mumbull.com

Kurt Arbuckle

Nov 12, 2001, 8:04:32 PM11/12/01
sudarsha <tom.an...@sympatico.ca> wrote:
: How is the organization set up, oh, all-knowing one? Do the Shrivastavas not
: control it?

Audited non-profits. No.

See you claim Maharishi is greedy and now it turns out you don't even
know how the organization is organized. Your beliefs are ONLY in
your imagination.

Kurt

Kurt Arbuckle

Nov 12, 2001, 8:06:30 PM11/12/01
Referring to me,
John Manning <joh...@biohard.com.br> wrote:

: I saw a movie called "Dumb and Dumber". You and your 'team' belong in
: this catagory.

Another one of your loving posts, eh? You hypocrit.

Kurt

John Manning

Nov 12, 2001, 9:03:44 PM11/12/01
> On Nov. 6 Bevan Morris said in a broadcast:

How much money do you get for posting this 'pitch', if I may ask? (Or
is it 'none of my business'.) Are you using this newsgroup for your
financial comfort? That might explain a lot, eh - about your
'loyalties'?

John Manning

Kurt Arbuckle

Nov 12, 2001, 9:36:37 PM11/12/01
John Manning <joh...@biohard.com.br> wrote:
: Kurt Arbuckle <k...@starbase.neosoft.com> wrote in message news:<C93FE16038C2F953.FA82F773...@lp.airnews.net>...

:> On Nov. 6 Bevan Morris said in a broadcast:

: How much money do you get for posting this 'pitch', if I may ask? (Or
: is it 'none of my business'.) Are you using this newsgroup for your
: financial comfort? That might explain a lot, eh - about your
: 'loyalties'?

I get no pay for this. I wish I could though.

Yet another of those love posts, eh? You hypocrite.

Kurt

Jeff E

Nov 12, 2001, 10:12:04 PM11/12/01
What about you John - whats your reward for irritating people on this news
group ?

Kurt Arbuckle <k...@starbase.neosoft.com> wrote in message

BillyG.

Nov 12, 2001, 11:11:11 PM11/12/01

"Bob Brigante" <bbri...@yahoo.com> wrote in message

> The news media is covering more and more the killing of innocent people in
> Afganistan, and Americans are beginning to realize more and more that
great
> atrocities are being done in their name by the U.S. military.

Yep-Let's kill their kids...cool!

Senator
> Joseph Biden, chairman of the Senate Foreign Relations Committee, wants
the
> aerial strikes to end as quickly as possible,

Ah yes, the plagerist....

And again it comes back to the fact that since the numbers
> in the Golden Domes at Maharishi University of Management dropped again
> dramatically back to similar levels to what they were before all of this
> began,

Gage me with a spoon!!! gads........

Maharishi said to John
> that he should say to them: has the approach that the U.S. is adopting in
> Afghanistan right now of massive bombings by government forces been
> scientificaly proven to eliminate terrorism? So, John is asking them '
> where is your research?'

Ahhh...would WWII qualify, here?

> Maharishi also asked Dr. Hagelin to convey to them in very concrete ways
> the suffering that they are producing by virtue of their bombing compaign.
> It's something so abstract to them because of the way America fights wars
> these days -- they're bombing "targets", not human beings, and terrible
> agonies of loss and injury and the death that is being created. It's a
> very cold and very incomplete way of thinking about things, people just
> don't have that sense.

That's just a big 'LIE', all of the so-called 'targets' he is referring to
are considered beforehand as to civilian casualities, Haglin is no longer an
American......He has become ABOVE it all and a citizen of the 'WORLD',
whatever that means! (Yeah, the Global Country of World Peace)

They can't even relate the terrible miseries that
> were created for the families of the people who died in the World Trade
> Center, or the Pentagon, or on the plane that crashed in Pennsylvania,

Crashed!!! Crashed!!! Are you kiddin' here Haglin, it didn't crash, it
detonated!!! A&^&^%%$$#

they
> don't relate that to the same kind of pain being produced by the bombs
> dropped on Afghanistan for people who had absolutely nothing whatsoever to
> do [with the attacks on the U.S.] --.they're not even Afghans who attacked
> the World Trade Center.

Where's your research!!!

So this Maharishi wanted Dr. Hagelin to convey to
> them, give them some sense of the pain that they are actually causing
> people and how terrible that is that they are causing such misery in the
> people of Afghanistan.

Yep-Cruel America....

> Maharishi said that this horrible situation of war is an old story that
has
> been going on and on for thousands and thousands of years,

Is there that much of recorded History?? Get a grip, come back to America
Haglin, your roots.

sudarsha

Nov 13, 2001, 4:49:19 AM11/13/01
You are so right, I alone see Megarichy as a greedy sod. You and millions of
others will dig deep to make sure his greed is sated for the moment, right?
I will not be restraining my respirations.

Private, non-profit, educational organizations are ever eager to open their
books for public scrutiny, aren't they. And, of course, it won't ever turn
out that the Shrivastavas control a religious, non-profit organization, tax
free and completely beyond the reach of auditors. I can hardly wait to see
the results of the audit letting all and sundry know where the sock full of
quarters is hidden.

"Kurt Arbuckle" <k...@starbase.neosoft.com> wrote in message

sudarsha

Nov 13, 2001, 4:50:49 AM11/13/01
Well, instead of comparing you to a well known and highly profitable movie
staring well known actors, you could have unlovingly been pointed out to be
the backer of a fraud, could you not?

"Kurt Arbuckle" <k...@starbase.neosoft.com> wrote in message

sudarsha

Nov 13, 2001, 4:59:34 AM11/13/01
I suspect nothing will be given back. There will be some science cobbled
together to demonstrate that indeed something did happed as a result of
enough people making the old phoney worth $4+billion.

In 5 years there will be new media attention and Megarichy can quite easily
say "see, something good is happening" and mean quite simply "I am keeping
the cash" -- do you think the potential investors from "vedaland" in Niagara
Falls will line up to fork over? It was so convenient for Megarichy to back
out of that one at the last second because there was the evil gambling
coming to N Falls. Yet, he gambles with people's lives and money constantly.
What about the grand erection he is planning in Brazil, has he got enough
people hooked on that scheme so that he can say "oops" and back out of that
too, keeping just a little bit more?

What a perfect world it would be if we all shared the lawyer's intellectual
myopia. Megarichy could just put the shop-vac in low speed, one suction
device in our pockets and the other up our noses to make sure the first
stayed in our pockets.

"John Manning" <joh...@biohard.com.br> wrote in message

sudarsha

Nov 13, 2001, 5:03:09 AM11/13/01
The lawyer doesn't understand that lovingly a concerned and caring
individual might have to resort to something drastic in order to jar greedy
paws loose from poisonous candy. What child thinks its parent is loving who
scrubs its dirty face? What lawyer would think a stern Bar association was
loving who poked its nose into nefarious behaviour? Of course, if the Bar
investigated some other lawyer, that would be a different example of loving
behaviour.

John Manning

Nov 13, 2001, 7:34:37 AM11/13/01
"Jeff E" <parad...@winshop.com.au> wrote in message news:<9sq35m$nfk$1...@gnamma.connect.com.au>...

> What about you John - whats your reward for irritating people on this news
> group ?

I love to see you 'spiritual' ("Highest Spiritual Teaching on Earth")
TMers show your true colors. It's great PR for my point of view.

John Manning

Kurt Arbuckle

Nov 13, 2001, 8:24:12 AM11/13/01
John Manning <joh...@biohard.com.br> wrote:

: I love to see you 'spiritual' ("Highest Spiritual Teaching on Earth")

: TMers show your true colors. It's great PR for my point of view.

More of that love you preach, eh? You hypocrite.

Kurt

Kurt Arbuckle

Nov 13, 2001, 8:25:39 AM11/13/01
sudarsha <tom.an...@sympatico.ca> wrote:
: Well, instead of comparing you to a well known and highly profitable movie

: staring well known actors, you could have unlovingly been pointed out to be
: the backer of a fraud, could you not?

I think it is interesting that you want to make me the issue.

Kurt

Edmond

Nov 13, 2001, 10:19:36 AM11/13/01
I've seen this money bashing theme around for years, apparently so motivated
by those continually in fear and trepidation, I can only guess.

However, a little simple arithmetic with a pencil and piece of paper can
show much, without knowing any details about accounting balance sheets,
wherever they might exist.

This number, 3.5 billion or so, keeps appearing. OK. What is the source of
this money? Initiations - yes. Rounding weekends - yes. Dome things -
yes. Various Advanced Siddha courses - yes.

Lets make estimates of the number of initiations over the last 40 years.
One million? Ten million? Take the higher. Average price per head over
past 40 years - say $200 to pick a very high-side number. That's about 2
billion at a very extravagant estimate. Teachers get half. About 1 billion
left for 40 years, or average about 25 million per year. This leaves about
25,000 per year per head for supporting a staff of 1000 folks world wide,
including room, board, travel, minimal personal spending allowances (called
salary in the real world), advertising and all other program administration
costs.

Dome things come largely under University control. Virtually all
universities (and especially MUM) live from hand to mouth, barely surviving.
That is, all of their incoming receipts are spent in day to day operations.
So nothing is left after the bills are paid. Same with Siddha programs, but
at any rate, a small part of revenue as compared with initiations (at least
in the past). Now with fewer and fewer initiations, Siddha programs are
even more operating at a survival level.

So where does this 3.5 billion come about. Equity paid into land and
buildings are the only holdings I can see, and many of these are presently
being sold off daily, to pay the bills. Even the massive sized New York
City cannot keep a viable center going any more, that is, with more than a
handful of folks. Do these holdings amount to assets of 3.5 billion? I
truly do not know as I've never had any desire to look into it, but I
seriously doubt it, by orders of magnitude. I would guess that a few
wealthy ones have backed some serious debt structure, along with the usual
capitalistic strings attached that pressure day to day activities in a
direction to make good on debt payments.

So what is this 3.5 billion talk all about, other than grave dissatisfaction
and dissent. Do you feel that you've been conned out of a few hundred
dollars or even a few thousand? You sure had fun at it while being conned,
for most, over many years or decades. In contradistinction for high speed
loses, all who have purchased a new automobile have felt the sucking sound
of immediately and spontaneously loosing several thousand dollars of equity
as we drive the car off the dealership lot. That's the realistic story of
the West.

For all of those who feel so betrayed, why do you not get together in a
class action law suit against the devils that have bewitched you? Is that
not also the American way? Bring the irritations to the surface. Solve the
problem about the source of issuance of these gnawing gripes and get over it
to get on with life. Where are all of these devilish rakshasas coming from?
How did they get there? Why do we seem so affected by them? Where, how and
why are they perpetuated onwards with no end in sight?

Edmond

Petrus

Nov 13, 2001, 2:21:36 PM11/13/01

"Edmond" <edme...@home.com> wrote in message

> I've seen this money bashing theme around for years, apparently so
motivated
> by those continually in fear and trepidation, I can only guess.
>
> However, a little simple arithmetic with a pencil and piece of paper can
> show much, without knowing any details about accounting balance sheets,
> wherever they might exist.
>
> This number, 3.5 billion or so, keeps appearing.

Well, here is where that number comes from:
" His Maharishi Global Development Fund is active in property
development worldwide (it underwrote the US$3 billion Sao Paulo tower),
but its real bid for phallic preeminence is the Center of India Tower.
It has been designed by the same firm that was responsible for Manhattan's
World Trade Center, but it will not be just another steel-and-glass tower."
Jakarta Post 6-10-2000

Edmond, do you understand what you are required to have, in order to
underwrite
a $3,000,000,000.00 project? No, not a $400,000.00 king...

Yep, you got it, one must to be able to proof to have tangible assets well
*in excess* of the underwritten amount. You did not think that building
skyscrapers was left to us small boys did you? $ 2-3 Billion skyscrapers is
not what you and I build. To build skyscrapers you have to be in the BIG
league... I guess it is a status symbol for some...

Check out their website... http://www.maharishi-fund.org/ They started the
website in Oct 31, 1997 What gives? Are they afraid to tell us the truth?

Maharishi Global Development Fund
225 Whispering Hills Road
Suite 400
Boone, NC 28607

Petrus

Nov 13, 2001, 2:49:00 PM11/13/01
Can I get my money back for all my mantras & sutras? For that road tar that
did not work. For those whatyamacallit readings that told us that our
second boy would be a girl? (50% chance and they blew it) All the money we
gave to advance world peace. Could you give me the address to request my
refund check.

How about the City of Fairfield can they get a rebate because of all the
money they have to spent for law enforcement, eventhough the ME has been in
effect for 25 years with out a decrease in crime.

sudarsha

Nov 13, 2001, 4:02:30 PM11/13/01
You make yourself the issue. But you do not distract from the issues of
Megarichy, the filthy rich guru who begs for money to fund his next scheme
to further rip off the unsuspecting. How much interest do you suppose
$1billion will draw over 5 years. Sure. I would be happy to give back the
$1billion after 5 years, who wouldn't.

"Kurt Arbuckle" <k...@starbase.neosoft.com> wrote in message

sudarsha

Nov 13, 2001, 4:05:12 PM11/13/01
New Mantra, Kurt?

"Kurt Arbuckle" <k...@starbase.neosoft.com> wrote in message

sudarsha

Nov 13, 2001, 4:04:41 PM11/13/01
Doesn't Highest Spiritual Teaching on Earth basically translate: holier than
thou?

The basics of a successful cult are to make the punters feel insecure
without what you are offering, to see the world as horrible without what you
are offering and something else I don't care to look up, but posted over the
weekend. Yep, Megarichy has it all.

sudarsha

Nov 13, 2001, 4:10:42 PM11/13/01
"Edmond" <edme...@home.com> wrote in message
> I've seen this money bashing theme around for years, apparently so
motivated
> by those continually in fear and trepidation, I can only guess.
>
> However, a little simple arithmetic with a pencil and piece of paper can
> show much, without knowing any details about accounting balance sheets,
> wherever they might exist.
>
> This number, 3.5 billion or so, keeps appearing. OK. What is the source
of
> this money? Initiations - yes. Rounding weekends - yes. Dome things -
> yes. Various Advanced Siddha courses - yes.

You left out those highly profitable massive initiator training courses of
the 70's. Investing all that money in the 70's was an inspiration along with
the property flips he pulled off -- oh, excuse me, his minions pulled off
for him. He made $11million with one phone call the first time he taught the
preliminary 'sidhi' program over the telephone, don't forget that. Any idea
what the interest on an $11million investment in for a non-tax paying
"educational" institution? And, you overlooked that he bankrolled that huge
erection in Brazil for which he had to have in excess of the
$3somethingbillion it cost. How much will he make on the money he invests
from that before he backs out like he did in vedaland? I think there is
more, but some will get the picture. Hasn't anybody seen The Producers? Oy,
Giwalt.

Yes a little arithmetic, and a good memory.

sudarsha

Nov 13, 2001, 4:11:23 PM11/13/01
oops, sorry, Petrus, I responded to Edmond's original before I saw your
response.

"Petrus" <NOS...@NOWAY.NOWHERE> wrote in message

Mike Doughney

Nov 13, 2001, 3:53:40 PM11/13/01
In article <ES5I7.9305$vR4.1...@news20.bellglobal.com>,

sudarsha <tom.an...@sympatico.ca> wrote:

>Private, non-profit, educational organizations are ever eager to open their
>books for public scrutiny, aren't they. And, of course, it won't ever turn
>out that the Shrivastavas control a religious, non-profit organization, tax
>free and completely beyond the reach of auditors. I can hardly wait to see
>the results of the audit letting all and sundry know where the sock full of
>quarters is hidden.

Actually, if one goes to www.guidestar.com and enters either
"maharishi" or "world plan" into the searchbox, the results can be
rather illuminating. "Maharishi" returns 129 hits. 103 of the hits may
be 103 separate entities, each with a different federal tax ID
number, using the name "Maharishi Vedic Education Development Corp.",
only one of which has filed any financial data. The others either
don't actually exist or have income less than $25k/year; they all
appear to have been established in 1993.

There are 26 other organizations, 2 of which report income greater
than $20 million a year: Maharishi Global Development Fund (revenue of
$73M in 1999, $140M in 1998 and $170M in 1997 and total assets of
$552M on 12/31/99) and MUM (revenue of $20M in 2000 and assets of $42M
as of 6/30/2000).

Now if you want to talk about money raised in the U.S. moving
overseas, pull the MGDF Form 990, and examine statement #10 on page 21
of the PDF file. This indicates that more than $44M raised in the
U.S. was transferred in 1999 to an apparently offshore entity,
"Maharishi World Peace Fund;" they say that money was used "for the
construction of schools in India." Both Google and Guidestar searches
for "Maharishi World Peace Fund" come up empty. Elsewhere there is
mention of a "Maharishi Education Foundation" (page 18 in statement
#4) which may also have been the recipient of these funds. The only
hit on this name via Google is at minet.org in reference to movement
activities in Nairobi in 1992.

A "Dr. Prikash Srivastava" is on the board of MGDF, along with a
"Dr. Girish Varma" (page 26). Both indicate New Delhi
addresses. While Varma's name shows up on various movement web sites,
Srivastava (Shrivastava) does not.

It's also interesting that the "World Plan Executive Council" lists
its program/activities as "Hindu."

There is also a listing for the "Spiritual Regeneration Movement"
showing a Reno, NV address which is the same as that of a law
firm. Since it is classified as a "church" there are no reports or any
information at all on this organization in the Guidestar
database. It's not clear if this is related to the original movement
entity.

Petrus

Nov 13, 2001, 4:33:24 PM11/13/01

"sudarsha" <tom.an...@sympatico.ca> wrote in message

> Wonderful. Except after 40+ of not following through on claims (dare we
> assume they were promises, too?), I simply don't believe him. Don't people
> look at track records before investing, or does Megarichy assume that rich
> people are stupid?

He may assume what he wants, but I have not seen a billion dollar donation
to the MegaRichy fund yet....

> "Kurt Arbuckle" <k...@starbase.neosoft.com> wrote in message

Petrus

Nov 13, 2001, 4:38:56 PM11/13/01

"Kurt Arbuckle" <k...@starbase.neosoft.com> wrote in message

> sudarsha <tom.an...@sympatico.ca> wrote:
> : How is the organization set up, oh, all-knowing one? Do the Shrivastavas
not
> : control it?
>
> Audited non-profits. No.

How about the "Maharishi Global Development Fund"

How was that funded? How was it that they can underwrite the US$3 billion
Sao Paulo tower?

Audited Non-profits? Non profits only means that the organization at the
end of the fiscal year has balanced books (did not show a profit). There is
nothing that prevents a non-profit to pay their MegaRichy for "services"
provided. From what I heard MIU has been doing that for years.

sudarsha

Nov 13, 2001, 4:42:17 PM11/13/01
Thank you very much, Mike. This is very valuable information.

I take it that something as big as the tmo wouldn't be able to have "off
shore" investments out of the reach of guidestar.com? I am not very able
when it comes to computer searching. Thank you again.

"Mike Doughney" <mi...@mtd.com> wrote in message

Petrus

Nov 13, 2001, 4:43:07 PM11/13/01
Billy you are doing the contra's job... on whose side are you? ;-)

"BillyG." <wmur...@earthlink.net> wrote in message

Petrus

Nov 13, 2001, 4:45:16 PM11/13/01

"John Manning" <joh...@biohard.com.br> wrote in message
> Kurt Arbuckle <k...@starbase.neosoft.com> wrote in message
> > On Nov. 6 Bevan Morris said in a broadcast:
>
> How much money do you get for posting this 'pitch', if I may ask? (Or
> is it 'none of my business'.) Are you using this newsgroup for your
> financial comfort? That might explain a lot, eh - about your
> 'loyalties'?

You mean royalties...

Petrus

Nov 13, 2001, 4:45:51 PM11/13/01

"Kurt Arbuckle" <k...@starbase.neosoft.com> wrote in message

I always find it very loving to call someone a hypocrite....

> Kurt

sudarsha

Nov 13, 2001, 4:55:41 PM11/13/01
Magarichy makes it difficult to really know who is preaching what. The
unstrssing, of course, doesn't make anything clearer, either.

Had I my druthers, which I don't, I would set the tm clock back to about
1970 and leave it there. Fewer people were suffering and I don't know that
the world was any worse off or as bad off as it is now.

"Petrus" <NOS...@NOWAY.NOWHERE> wrote in message

Petrus

Nov 13, 2001, 5:00:02 PM11/13/01

> I suspect nothing will be given back. There will be some science cobbled
> together to demonstrate that indeed something did happed as a result of
> enough people making the old phoney worth $4+billion.
>
> In 5 years there will be new media attention and Megarichy can quite
easily
> say "see, something good is happening" and mean quite simply "I am keeping
> the cash" -- do you think the potential investors from "vedaland" in
Niagara
> Falls will line up to fork over? It was so convenient for Megarichy to
back
> out of that one at the last second because there was the evil gambling
> coming to N Falls.

Did the people that invested in the Veda lands ever get their investment
back?

sudarsha

Nov 13, 2001, 5:11:13 PM11/13/01
About vedaland, I have no idea. Even if they did, who do you think got to
keep the interest on the investment. But was it Megarichy's fault? if not,
maybe he got to keep something. I am sufficiently cynical after my time with
him that I suspect that that was the program from the beginning. He felt he
owned Doug Henning. Maybe he did. He used Doug the way he used science and
used the lawyers.

Had he gotten to own the Beatles and use them, maybe we would still have the
tm and tmo of 1970. But they dumped him, at least after a fashion. They
certainly made it clear that he didn't own them. So he had to find some
other free ride. The 70's were his little adventure in starting a little
business and devising all the frills. It ruined everything. But, that's only
my perspective having been there and done that.

"Petrus" <NOS...@NOWAY.NOWHERE> wrote in message

Petrus

Nov 13, 2001, 5:14:37 PM11/13/01

"Mike Doughney" <mi...@mtd.com> wrote in message

Don't tell the attorney.... ;-)

Mike, what a great job. But do you think that the True Blue Believer will
wake up and disconnect their shop-vacs. $44 million raised in the US in
1999....

John Manning

Nov 13, 2001, 6:43:41 PM11/13/01
"Edmond" <edme...@home.com> wrote in message news:<cSaI7.27920$Y6.28...@news1.rdc1.ct.home.com>...

I'm convinced! I'm getting out my wallet! Finally, peace on earth! -
via the TM org and MMY!

Sorry; just kidding.

John Manning

"There's a sucker born every minute." ... P.T. Barnum

Edmond

Nov 13, 2001, 8:27:28 PM11/13/01
> You left out those highly profitable massive initiator training courses of
> the 70's. Investing all that money in the 70's was an inspiration along
with
> the property flips he pulled off . . .

Well, there may well be a lot that I'm not aware of, as this has never been
my focus, but I certainly was much involved in all sorts of training,
advanced training, and siddha courses all through the 70's. By at least an
order of magnitude, my biggest expenses and investments at the time were
the quitting of some highly lucrative high-tech jobs. Hotel and food
expenses were next in line for being costly in Switzerland (though still a
fraction of the cost of going into hotels and food lines by oneself). The
course fees were the least amount by far, almost trivial in comparison to
everything else, hardly enough to cover costs for the teachers in the
program, let alone profits. Such a precious knowledge was virtually given
away. So I really do not know what you are talking about here. How can you
be saying what you are saying when my experiences and hard money
expenditures are quite the reverse?

Let me ask you one single question. How many more months or years or
decades are you going to stay on this site to bitch and complain and yell
these huge exaggerations and fantasies. How are you gaining? You must gain
something. The rakshasas are deeply embedded. Does that make any sense to
you? Discussing how, where, and why they got there might be more productive
for you personally, let alone the rest of the list. There are answers to
such questions. I've been close to a family member who in the past was
inflicted with paranoid schizophrenia. The most earth shaking sad memory of
the whole event was the repetition of a thought, whatever the thought
(though only a few thoughts constituted all of reality). Over and over and
over again a single thought would repeat, for days and months even, just
like the soundings of an old 78 or 33 RPM phonograph record that got stuck
in the same groove but with no one to remove the needle from the record.
However, it is possible to jump out of this locked groove. Being on that
same groove endlessly must be totally exhausting for you and frustrating as
well.

Edmond

sudarsha

Nov 14, 2001, 5:04:54 AM11/14/01
Interesting. I was Mahesh's guest, so it didn't cost me, personally, at
least not on the financial level. But the course feed including room and
board were about twice the off season rates. Others (Richard Scott, for
example) reported that the costs were in excess of 3 times the off season
rates.

Nice of you to suggest I am a broken record. No doubt I am. Mahesh took tm
far, far away from what it was all about. Possibly this is because he was so
bitchy after the Beatles dumped him. He thought he would just own them and
trot them out for show as he later did with Doug Henning. He was very
disappointed, but his greed wasn't about to stand still.

Now, I understand that tm will cost $3,000 just to start. After
experimenting with a lot of people in order to come up with something to
sell, he sold his first 'sidhi' program over the telephone for a cool
$11million. Then he bought Parson's.

Yes, I do bitch about the money guru selling hope. I hope you buy the next
thing to see if it fulfils the hope of the previous thing. Or don't you
notice a pattern here?

"Edmond" <edme...@home.com> wrote in message

Petrus

Nov 14, 2001, 2:27:17 PM11/14/01

> Interesting. I was Mahesh's guest, so it didn't cost me, personally, at
> least not on the financial level. But the course feed including room and
> board were about twice the off season rates. Others (Richard Scott, for
> example) reported that the costs were in excess of 3 times the off season
> rates.

Suds, do you now how much they paid per month for those hotels?

I know course feed was cheap. Less than $4.00 per person per meal. (and
remember there were only two meals...)

Petrus

Nov 14, 2001, 2:28:57 PM11/14/01
> The most earth shaking sad memory of
> the whole event was the repetition of a thought, whatever the thought
> (though only a few thoughts constituted all of reality). Over and over
and
> over again a single thought would repeat, for days and months even, just
> like the soundings of an old 78 or 33 RPM phonograph record that got stuck
> in the same groove but with no one to remove the needle from the record.

Interesting way you have of describing the TM technique.

sudarsha

Nov 14, 2001, 4:16:58 PM11/14/01
I was told at the time (I knew someone in the accounting department who
simply mentioned it without my asking) that Mahesh got the rooms for $1
US/day. Food was always available, at least when we were in Switzerland. But
there were under 200 of us at that time (I do not have exact figures and I
do not remember what the food/feeding situation was when courses were
running).

"Petrus" <NOS...@NOWAY.NOWHERE> wrote in message

Petrus

Nov 14, 2001, 5:22:26 PM11/14/01
Let's see,

100 people average per course.
That would be $3,000 per month for the rooms.
That would be $24.000 for food on the high end per month.
Labor was work-study. (free)

Revenue 100 x $1,000 is $100,000. with a guestimated net profit of about
$70,000 per course per month. Did I miss anything?

Oh yeah. Average 6 month courses with at some points more than 6 courses
running concurrently.

Not bad. I am in the wrong business.

"sudarsha" <tom.an...@sympatico.ca> wrote in message

sudarsha

Nov 14, 2001, 7:35:28 PM11/14/01
You sure are! There were at least 1500 at Mallorca. I did a room/head count
in Fiuggi for Mahesh (almost the same figure). I trained +/-1500 in La
Antilla. Off the top of my head, I really can't remember if there was one or
two courses in Fiuggi. At the same time other courses ran, atr courses, for
example. After India, I managed 3 atr's of about 50 each. Concurrently there
were other atr's (I do not know how many). How many 6-month courses took
place in the late 70's? If the first 'sidhi' over-the-phone course grossed
$11 million, how many 'sidhi' courses followed. If it costs $300 for an
advanced technique, how much overhead is involved if you (the advanced
technique teacher) teach 100 on a big weekend? Then we mustn't forget the
MAV products, cheap to make in India, expensive to buy in the US. How about
tm itself, $1000 a pop? well, conservatively, $5000 in a month? I guess
that's a bad example, but possibly an example of something. Maybe TranceNet
has a list of all the stuff Mahesh sells. Even if it's pyramid-like
marketing, he isn't doing poorly.

"Petrus" <NOS...@NOWAY.NOWHERE> wrote in message

Petrus

Nov 14, 2001, 7:52:52 PM11/14/01

> You sure are! There were at least 1500 at Mallorca.

expenses: hotel costs $45,000
Food $360,000 Add misc. for a total of $450,000. per month.
Revenue $1,500,000 for a profit of over 1 Million dollar per *month* per
1500 course. I assume this was a 6 month course? for a profit of over 6
Million Dollars.

Do you guys really think MegaRichy was not looking at the profits, but just
charging for his own living expenses as the attorney claims....

John Manning

Nov 14, 2001, 8:50:25 PM11/14/01
"Edmond" <edme...@home.com> wrote in message news:<4MjI7.29328$Y6.30...@news1.rdc1.ct.home.com>...

> > You left out those highly profitable massive initiator training courses of
> > the 70's. Investing all that money in the 70's was an inspiration along
> with
> > the property flips he pulled off . . .

Gawd Edmond, you have really got the MMY/TM org virus! And you don't
want the cure. Apparently you cannot understand that there are
sensitive and intelligent human beings who are actually capable of
thinking for themselves out of the TM belief structure. And that these
human beings are not 'less' just because of 'your' indoctrination.
Cult members are usually good at defensive behavior. I've seen it
often.

Keep posting. It's great. You are making my point.

John Manning

Petrus

Nov 14, 2001, 9:01:26 PM11/14/01

"Edmond" <edme...@home.com> wrote in message

> > You left out those highly profitable massive initiator training courses
of
> > the 70's. Investing all that money in the 70's was an inspiration along
> with
> > the property flips he pulled off . . .
>
> Well, there may well be a lot that I'm not aware of, as this has never
been
> my focus, but I certainly was much involved in all sorts of training,
> advanced training, and siddha courses all through the 70's. By at least
an
> order of magnitude, my biggest expenses and investments at the time were
> the quitting of some highly lucrative high-tech jobs. Hotel and food
> expenses were next in line for being costly in Switzerland (though still a
> fraction of the cost of going into hotels and food lines by oneself). The
> course fees were the least amount by far, almost trivial in comparison to
> everything else, hardly enough to cover costs for the teachers in the
> program, let alone profits.

Well, this day we did some accounting that should make you mind shake a bit.
Those expensive off season hotel rooms cost MegaRichy $1.00 per day. The
food was below the $8.00 per day. And all the teachers were paid room board
and $25.00 per month. (not all received the $25.00 stipent ) So what did
your $1000.00 per month stay cost MegaRichy. - - $270.00 --- Which left a
profit of $730.00 per person or $73,000.00 for a course of a 100 students or
over 1 Million dollars for a 1500 student course per MONTH

How many months did you spent on those courses?

John Manning

Nov 14, 2001, 9:48:46 PM11/14/01
"Edmond" <edme...@home.com> wrote in message news:<4MjI7.29328$Y6.30...@news1.rdc1.ct.home.com>...

> > You left out those highly profitable massive initiator training courses of
> > the 70's. Investing all that money in the 70's was an inspiration along
> with
> > the property flips he pulled off . . .
>
> Well, there may well be a lot that I'm not aware of,

Clearly.

"Jeff E" <parad...@winshop.com.au> wrote in message news:<9ssq38$2h3$1...@gnamma.connect.com.au>...

> One of the things that has alienated a lot of good people from the TM
> movement is the hierarchy , the superior attitudes and pomposity of the so
> called leaders. Perhaps the caste system invented by the Indians and
> elaborated on by the British Raj has left an impression on Maharishi and the
> way he runs things.

The TM 'elite' are just the flunkies and cash providers/solicitors for
MMY. The caste system has nothing to do with it. MMY is a con man. The
objective evidence of his fraudulent game is clear to anyone who
wishes to go by 'objective' observation.

> One of the things that has alienated a lot of good people from the TM
> movement is the hierarchy , the superior attitudes and pomposity of the so
> called leaders.

Maharishi, having become aware that sensible, intelligent people have
serious reservations about his *claims* and behavior - is using his
remaining, mostly blind pathetic devotees; 'his *elite*, to get more
money and power. It's like watching the 'Titanic' go down. The lies,
manipulations of innocent people, the failed promises of 'world
plans', the introduction of the siddhis (which he condemned initially)
- all of it is really not looking good.

Now MMY wants one billion dollars of other peoples' money to create
world peace without providing specific details as to what he will
actually *DO* with one billion dollars of other peoples' money. He
didn't even lower the rate of crime in Fairfield, Iowa with the
so-called 'Maharishi Effect'. The rate of crime actually went up.

I'm sorry; really sorry and sad. Anyone who buys this crap is missing
reality. But certainly the pathetic devotees will deny objective
reality because they are 'programmed' to support their cause. It's
typical cult behavior. Watch and see.

John Manning

> http://www.bbc.co.uk/history/programmes/timewatch/echoes_raj.shtml
>
> "The end of the British Raj may have been a blessing for more than just the
> 300 million Indians who gained independence, according to Simon Portal, the
> grandson of Lord Goschen, one of the last Viceroys of India.
>
> Portal believes life for top notch officials could be onerous and often
> down-right boring, with strict social etiquette controlling where you sat
> and who you talked with. "I've seen my grandfather's diaries. They're
> extremely boring. I thought God, this is unbelievable. What did Governors do
> all day? Dinner parties, garden parties, tennis parties, race meetings . . .
> social stuff. Which was hard work, I agree. You never stopped changing your
> clothes all day."
>
> All social life in India was arranged by an official Order of Precedence.
> Top, of course, came the Viceroy. Everyone else - from provincial governors
> to chemical inspectors - was listed in the strictest order, with 61
> categories right down to the bottom category - a ragbag of some 75 different
> types of people including Assistant Directors of Public Health and Chief
> Inspectors of Factories and Boilers in Bengal. Anyone who failed even to
> make it to Section 61 was officially a nobody.
>
> "You had to respect people according to their position," explains Iris
> Butler whose father was Governor of the Central Provinces, one of the
> British Raj's 14 Provinces, each with its own Governor. He had his own
> train, his own elephant, and perhaps of greater practical value, a fleet of
> cars and numerous servants. "When you went to official dinners you were
> arranged very carefully in order of precedence, and if you were quite
> unimportant, you were right down at the bottom of the table."

sudarsha

Nov 15, 2001, 7:00:09 AM11/15/01
Mallorca was a ttc/atr extravaganza. I think it lasted about 3 months, but I
don't know exactly.

"Petrus" <NOS...@NOWAY.NOWHERE> wrote in message

sudarsha

Nov 15, 2001, 7:04:27 AM11/15/01
Also overlooked, conveniently (Mahesh simply turned a blind eye and bitched
about the inconvenience) was the loss in terms of human suffering and
distress the massive courses caused. Also overlooked, because it didn't
always show, was the massive personal losses in terms of those who returned
and simply weren't able to function as well as they had prior to the courses
that made sooooo much money $$$$$$$$$$ for the org (short for money-orgy?).

sudarsha

Nov 15, 2001, 7:08:21 AM11/15/01
OOps: not all the staff was paid. I think I might have been misleading. Of
the several hundred who were mart of the "international" staff (a.k.a.
volunteers/work-study), most only got room & board. While it was supposed to
be a secret that we were being paid, I one day counted the pay envelopes:
there were 35, 35x$25/mo, even in the 70's, wasn't bankrupting him.