Help with Joss

Arudin Bigman

Jan 3, 2006, 1:54:27 PM1/3/06
Wow. Don't hit me. I am a little green at this.

Downloaded a Joss Stone DVD and discovered after the fact that it was in
a PAL format. Encoded it with DVD Santa to NTSC format (I thought). I
set the DVD settings to NTSC, 730x480 resolution. Burned the disk. I get
an error that says Playback limited by area limitations. I am using a
Sony DVP-NS50P.

I do have dvdshrink and a eval version of nero, but did not want to
waste anymore dvds yet.

I have been reading alot about PAL to NTSC conversion and am not exicted
about what I might have to do. I just gone out and purchased some RW-
DVDs.

Now I want to take the shortest, yet cheapest path to reaching Nirvana.
Yes I had money before buying the computer, the dvd player, and the dvd
disks, but I am in school and trying to get by with as littl as
possible. The DVD writer on the PC was an after thought, but has brought
lots of plesant surprises.

So I could go down to the local store and pay $17.99 for a new copy. My
problem is that I do not trust the artist anymore. I have paid for so
many bad albums to get only a few (and yes that is in my opinion) good
songs. It goes the same with concert DVDs. Some are filmed so badly and
recorded so badly I feel as if I have been ripped off. I really would
rather just pay the bucks to get a decent concert DVD, but alas, there
aint no Santa Claus. If I run into an artist who faithfully produces
good product and leaves off the fillers, I their fan, but I am tired of
being ripped off as a fan.

I am also hard of hearing so going to concerts is a downer for me
especially with the crowd noise and rude and happy fans. I lost my
hearing due to some chemo that saved my life (big wha).

Also this tripe is because I feel so conflicted requesting help. fell
free to pass on this request and I will understand. I am a big boy and I
will survive.

I am seeking your sage advice.

What is the best and shortest route to getting this DVD from PAL to NTSC
format and meeting any region problems.

The orginal cover art says that it is a region 0 dvd. It is a Virgin
record product.

All else fails and maybe I will buy the DVD, but that is not my first
choice.

Pax! Have pity on the mentally challenged.