Provigil - Price went up!!

jks0614

Dec 10, 2004, 2:45:00 AM12/10/04
Provigil is not covered under my HMO. And I don't have to go to my
rheumy that much where I could get refills from him.
A few weeks ago I got a price of $162 for 30 pills. The other day I
was just about to break down & order them for that price.
NOW THE PRICE IS $180+
I can't use their assistance program either.

Any one ever try the otc stuff to stay awake? $6 per pill! It's a
good thing it's not a matter of life or death for this med. But it is
a matter of "staying awake" & having a bit of a productive day.
Joan (Fla)

Robert Szasz

Dec 10, 2004, 5:26:21 AM12/10/04

Ron Hubbard

Dec 10, 2004, 6:51:38 AM12/10/04

"jks0614" <jks...@comcast.net> wrote in message

Hi, Joan. I was taking Provigil for excessive daytime sleepiness which
I think was caused in part, by all the
pain meds I take. Provigil worked okay for me, but
not well enough, so my doctor put me on Aderall,
amphetamine salts, which my insurance company does
pay for.

Despite the bad things you might hear about "speed," it clears my head
from so many stray wandering thoughts
and gets rid of the sleepiness without any side effects.

Ron

my thoughts

Randy

Dec 10, 2004, 7:19:26 PM12/10/04
Ron,

Did you try amphetamine alone, or only with Aderal?
I tried Amphetamine alone and it didn't do diddly for my
daytime somnolence. I didn't even bother getting a refill
after the first month. Ultram helps, caffeine helps, and
ginseng tea helps, but that's about it (oh, and a hot shower).

I could literally sleep all day if I didn't force myself outta
bed at the crack of dusk every evening. ;~)

Even when I fight to swap my sleep cycle back to normal,
it flops right back within a day or two. I'm just nocturnal.

"Ron Hubbard" <hubba...@hotmail.com> wrote in message

Ron Hubbard

Dec 11, 2004, 12:04:39 AM12/11/04
Hi, Randy;

I'm pretty nocturnal myself, waking up around 2:00 in
the afternoon and going to bed around four or later in
the morning. That seems to be a sleep pattern the fibro
has locked me in, rather than the way I used to sleep
before the FMS. Oh, well...

For a long time I had to deal with the mental fog brought
on by excessive alpha waves and my doctor put me on Zoloft. That
helped slightly, but not much. Provigil was a
little better, but I get the most clarity from the Aderall. My
doc originally put me on 5 mg a day, but I started taking
two of them, and my doctor figured since 10 mg was
helping a lot more than her original Rx, she changed it to
two 5 mg pills a day. I usually take both of them at the
same time. Aderall itself is a mixture off amphetamines and
have improved the quality of life a lot. Everything works
differently for different people, but you might ask your
doctor about Aderall in stronger strengths; I think they even
make a 20 mg tablet.

Best regards,
Ron

"Randy" <ra...@noname.net> wrote in message

Buttercup

Dec 11, 2004, 10:47:57 AM12/11/04
I have the same problem. I got a prescription drug card from WellAid. The
prescription program is only like $9.95 per month and saves me a lot on the
Provigil. It is the only prescription I use it for, but it does help a lot
and is worth it.

Timbertea

Dec 11, 2004, 8:45:06 PM12/11/04
If you can get your doctor to write it, you might try dextroamphetamine
instead. It's dirt cheap, we know how it works, and it probably works a
lot more effectively. The only catch is it's CII.

jks0614

Dec 12, 2004, 3:38:24 PM12/12/04
I've gathered all the info & will post a response to all.
ITM, Timbertea, what is CII? I'm not familiar with the term.
Joan

jks0614

Dec 12, 2004, 3:57:25 PM12/12/04
Robert:
The mg I take is 200 mg, so there's no savings at your webiste for
me.

Ron:
Aderall - amphetamine salts,
The amphetamine salts IS on my HMO list. Will definitely discuss w/my
dr & bring in these postings to him.

Timbertea:
Dextroamphetamine IS also on my HMO acceptable list. But what I need
from you is what CII means.

Buttercup:
I broke down the cost for the Provigil incl the cost of the rx program.
This doesn't work for me either.

Generic
200 mg Price incl ins prem
30 pills 171.93 180.95

I'm so glad I posted this question! I was stalling & thinking about
it, but also searching thru the postings to see if I could find an
answer. I couldn't so I posted.

You've all been a big help. I will be bring this info to my dr & tell
him that "we" need to try these alternatives.
Will follow up to all of you.
Thanx so much.
Joan

Randy

Dec 12, 2004, 6:25:51 PM12/12/04
I think he means it's a controlled substance, schedule II. (?)
Many MDs have a "problem" Rx'ing them.

"jks0614" <jks...@comcast.net> wrote in message

\>

> Timbertea:
> Dextroamphetamine IS also on my HMO acceptable list. But what I need
> from you is what CII means.

/>

Ron Hubbard

Dec 13, 2004, 1:21:22 AM12/13/04

"jks0614" <jks...@comcast.net> wrote in message

Hi, Joan;

I think the dextroamphetamine is slightly weaker, but that's
something subjective on my part. But I think CII is referring to the
fact that Aderall and its cousins is like some narcotic prescriptions
in that they can't be called in
to a pharmacy like a blood pressure medication or most other drugs.
And also there's a possibility of addiction, which is why doctors
don't like to give it out as diet pills.
But when treating problems like narcolepsy, excessive daytime
sleepiness (EDS), and other such conditions, addiction is not very
likely.

Ron

jks0614

Dec 13, 2004, 11:25:44 PM12/13/04
I'll reply to all, hopefully tomorrow. I'm seeing my dr in the a.m.
He does have expertise in Fibro & it was he who 1st told me about
Ritalin (not covered) & then at a later date, Provigil.
As for being addictive, I've been on Xanax all these years & have
passed "I'm ok"! I do realize that these other meds are different, so
I'll see tomorrow.
Thanx all...
Joan

Nicole H

Dec 15, 2004, 11:58:06 AM12/15/04
Schedule II means it's a scheduled drug. MANY drugs are scheduled; they
just vary on which level.
Schedule II meds require triplicate rx's. Also, different rules apply to
how they are dosed.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Controlled_Substances_Act
Meds are schedule I - V
I's are illegal - heroin, cocaine, etc
II's- morphine, oxycodone, fentynal, etc
III- vicodin, Fioricet
IV- xanax, valium, darvon
V- cough meds w/codeine

scari...@gmail.com

Nov 13, 2019, 3:49:13 AM11/13/19
Thanks for visiting this area, We are Top suppliers of Original pain medications, anxiety medications and injections, ED pills, Cough Syrups and many other pharmaceutical drugs world wide and our services are offered online. We sell Medications at very attractive prices which can permit any person of any class to be able to purchase.
We have some other drugs we supply upon request. Contact for more info and ordering procedure via any of the contacts below.

E-mail ID (drugsresearchpharmacy @ yahoo.com)
E-mail ID (bodybuildingpharma59 @ gmail.com)
Text or Call; (325) 261-0302
VISIT HERE; https://allmedspharmacy.webstarts.com/store

SHIPPING:
Stealth Package
- Vacuum sealed thick plastic
- Mylar bags
- Anti dog spray
- Anti smell spray
- Return address.
- We use regular post. If you want Express Delivery with tracking, PM us and we talk about it....

Shipping time varies for each country.
But all deliveries are done within 3 to 7 business days.
Delivery guaranteed!!

Xanax 1 mg ( blue Ksalol)
Xanax 1 mg Upjohn footbals
Xanax 2 mg ( Pfizer LongBars)
Xanax Alprazolam 1mg Parke Davis
AYURVEDIC UREA GROW TALLER HERB, LIQUID AND POWDER
Calypsol 500mg/10ml, Anesket 1000mg/10ml
Pmma buttock injections kit
Hydrogel buttock injections kit
Macrolane buttock Injections kit
Medical Marijuana
Oxycodone 30mg
Oxycontin 40mg
Roxicodone 30mg
Diazepam Valium 10mg
Subutex 8mg
Suboxone 8mg
Haldol (haloperidol)
Ritalin 40mg
Adderall 30mg
Mandrax (Quaalude) 300mg
Tramadol 100mg
Percocet 10mg
Oxynorm 20mg
Vicodin 500mg
Modafinil Nootropics
Ecstasy (Blue Androids)
Ketamine Anesket
MDMA
LSD
methadose 40
psilocybin powder
tenamphetamine
tussicaps 10-8mg capsules
feldene piroxicam 20 mg
feldene capsules
buy piroxicam
endocet 10 325
feldene capsule
anabol 5mg
Fentalyn patches
Nembutal
Klonopin
Ativan
duromine
Pseudoephedrine
Duromine
Ephedrine
Cleinbutrol
Winstrol
Cytomel
Phentermine
Sibutramine
Thyroxine
KCN
Seconal
Dilaudid
AMBIEN
Oxycontin
Percocet
Roxicodone
Valium
Adderall
Norco
Vyvanse
Hydrocodone
suboxone
truvada 200 mg-300 mg
subutex
watson 540
WATSON 325 10MG
WATSON 853 10MG
Norco
Ambien
DNP (2,4-Dinitrophenol) 100 mg Capsules
METHADONE 10MG, 40MG WAFERS
ACTAVIS PROMETHAZINE
Quaaludes - Methaquallone pills
Growth Hormones
Anabolic Steroid

* NO PRIOR PRESCRIPTION NEEDED!
* 100% Anonymity & Discreet shipping
* FDA approved
* Friendly customer support

we Ship to any country and shipping takes a maximum of 3 to 5 days for parcel to arrive at buyers address. Our shipping equally has a 100% delivery because parcel comes with prescriptions for buyer so no problem with the customs

We also offer overnight shipments.