Question for Joey Briones

rod...@bestweb.net

Mar 18, 2000, 3:00:00 AM3/18/00
How do you create a pageturn effect in flsh
I was referred from the flash design newsgroup
someone said you could help me
Would be greatly appreciated

joey briones

Mar 19, 2000, 3:00:00 AM3/19/00
hey

there's a fla of something very similar at flashplanet.com.

it's mostly shape tweens (for the blank pages) with lots of semi-transparent
gradients to create shades and shadows, the images were motion-tweened then
masked with the same shape tween as the page itself, so it's actually forced
perspective. you'll notice in my animation that the pictures just scale
sideways and doesn't really go on perspective view.

hope that helps

joey
http://www.tenderware.com/animations

<rod...@bestweb.net> wrote in message

rod...@bestweb.net

Mar 20, 2000, 3:00:00 AM3/20/00
Thanks Joey... where have you been hiding..Your work is absolutely
great. You are one of the best I've seen. I'd give up whats left of my
social life to learn what you know..Please teach me
How did u do that 3D study (rotating object)
Are there any pdf tutorials on these effects
I'm new to flash and trying to decipher and fla is sometime confusing
The fla very helpfull all I had to do is put my own content on the
pages that were created. ..But I'd like to know how do it on my own.
I like the challenge

joey briones

Mar 21, 2000, 3:00:00 AM3/21/00
hehh thanks man, and you're most welcome

> Thanks Joey... where have you been hiding..

am always here, unfortunately i haven't had as much time to check posts as
before, was working on some offline projects.

>Please teach me
> How did u do that 3D study (rotating object)
> Are there any pdf tutorials on these effects

good news is, there's no secret/special technique with that 3d study, just
plain hardwork. the wireframe is done in autocad, then rendered
frame-by-frame in flash4. some ppl say there are apps out there which are
good in doing this for you so you won't have to do the rendering yourself
(i.e., v3d, illustrate) but i haven't tried these, so maybe some other
posters in this ng can help.

happy flashing