Communication Flash/Netscape problem

1 view

Artimidor

Jul 29, 2001, 4:29:12 AM7/29/01
I've done a preloader, where several empty pages are first loaded in a
frameset. The main page of this frameset however displays the preloader
animation. This preloader SWF starts a movie in one of the frames where
there is another preloader. This preloader loads the whole movie for this
frame and triggers the next sequence in the main preloader through
JavaScript communication (could be done different too, but I just would like
to know if the syntax I use is correct or where's the exact problem). The
preloader commands the next movie in another frame to load the next one and
so on.

Problem is: It all works pretty fine with Internet Explorer, but when used
with Netscape Navigator the triggering fails and the preloader loops
endlessly. I use the following code in the first movie the preloader starts

ifFrameLoaded ("Show_CoA", "Last_Frame") {
getURL ("JavaScript:var ie = navigator.appName.indexOf(\"Microsoft\")
!= -1; var m = ie ? parent.info.loading : parent.info.document.embeds[0];
m.TGotoLabel(\"_flash0\", \"Movie1_Loaded\"); m.TPlay(\"_flash0\")");
stop ();
}

When the loading is done this code should start the Preloader sequence
located at the label "Movie1_Loaded". Can you spot something wrong here?

You can check out the whole thing at http://www.santharia.com - well, with
Internet Explorer only:(

Thanx in advance for any help,
Artimidor
______
The Santharian Dream - http://www.santharia.com - Where fantasy dreams come
true...
Ex Libris Artimidoris - http://members.aon.at/artimidor - ICQ 20883605

Rupert Alexander

Jul 29, 2001, 7:39:27 PM7/29/01
I would take the whole lot of script out of the getURL action and call it
all with a simple function call like so:

getURL("theFunction():");

and put function theFunction() in the html page.

Also have you put SWLIVECONNECT = true in the embed tag of the movie and
given it NAME/ID? Netscape is a bit of a stickler!

Rupe

Artimidor <arti...@yahoo.com> wrote in message

Artimidor

Jul 31, 2001, 5:53:19 PM7/31/01
Many thanx! Putting in SWLIVECONNECT = true made the whole preloader thing
work immediately (though there's another problem still now with the common
library)!

Manx thanx,

Artimidor
______