[OT] Two Planes crash into World Trade Center Buildings!

Swift Fox

Sep 11, 2001, 9:20:29 AM9/11/01
Aircraft Hits World Trade Center

The Associated Press

Sep 11 2001 9:09AM

NEW YORK (AP) - An aircraft crashed into the upper floors of one of the
World Trade Center towers Tuesday morning, and black smoke poured out of two
gaping holes, witnesses said. Shortly afterward a second explosion rocked
the other tower.

There was no immediate word on injuries or fatalities in the twin disasters,
which happened shortly before 9 a.m. and then right around 9 a.m.

The towers were struck by bombers in February 1993.

``The plane was coming in low and ... it looked like it hit at a slight
angle,'' said Sean Murtagh, a CNN vice president, the network reported.

Large holes were visible in sides of the 110-story buildings, landmark twin
towers.

The tops of the twin towers were obscured by the smoke.

Thousands of pieces of what appeared to be office paper came drifting over
Brooklyn, about three miles from the tower, one witness said.

The center bombingon Feb. 26, 1993, killing six people and injured more than
1,000 others.

In 1945, an Army Air Corps B-25, a twin-engine bomber, crashed into the 79th
floor of the Empire State Building in dense fog.

O/Trade-Center-Crash/

Copyright © 2001 The Associated Press. The information contained in the AP
news report may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or otherwise
distributed without the prior written authority of The Associated Press. All
active hyperlinks have been inserted by AOL Anywhere.

--
foxe...@rabiesfree.hotmail.com (I'm rabies free and so is my E-mail)
Furry Code: FCFm5adfmrsw A+ C+ Dm++ H+ M P++++ R+ T++ W Z+ Sm+

Mr_Maigo

Sep 11, 2001, 1:27:31 PM9/11/01
4 plains total, 92 and 64 people into the trade center, 36 from the crash in
PA, un specified amount in the plain used on the pentagon

David Fox

Sep 11, 2001, 7:54:34 PM9/11/01
I saw it live on television this morning. I was in denial until about 3pm
CST. I kept my composure nearly six hours. I had gone to sleep again at
about 11am fully expecting to wake up and the whole mess to be some weird
nightmare, but the live coverage never went away. It was at 3pm on the way
back from my calculus class that I saw it on the front page of one of
Stillwater's local papers, the collapsing Trade Center Tower. In my mind it
is not truly real till it is in the papers and when I saw it there... *I*
collapsed. I never cried in public places, never, until today at least.

This thing hits home with me, it cuts deep. I have no intention of letting
this be a defeat. This was not an attack merely on the Trade Center, nor on
New York, nor the United States. This was an attack on the core values and
beliefs of free peoples worldwide and those still striving to be free. The
Trade Center Towers were a symbol of the desire for a better life, to bring
one another higher. I hope that they are rebuilt. We must be resilient in
the face of this tragedy.

They have destroyed the Towers, they have killed potentially thousands, but
they have also unified the world against them. But I should hope that is not
all. I would wish that when it comes to pass that they are found, that they
be brought to trial, that the free world not forget its principles. I hope
that in the end, the world will be unified behind the spirit and principles
in action even at this writing. The outpourings of support, the blood
drives, disaster relief campaigns, prayer vigils. People helping others,
people trying to make the lives of others better. And with any luck the
persons responsible can watch this go on, with any luck they can see that
the way of life they have tried so desperately to destroy is resilient
beyond the fragility of concrete and steel.

And while we cannot forget the loss of life, we must also not forget that
now is the time of important work. Important work in which everyone may play
a part. There are many organizations th at have mobilized to reach out to
New York and D.C. in response to these twin tragedies, Ion has listed
several. Do indeed contact them, see what you can do, this is in its essence
an ideological battle, let us not lose it to apathy. Every man woman and
child (and fur) can help. Here in Oklahoma we went through a terrorist
attack of lesser magnitude, and I speak from experience, everyone can help
and is appreciated. You can donate time, donate money, donate supplies,
donate blood, or in the very least donate your prayers.

But we should not wish a "swift and cruel" end to the perpetrators of this
act. We must be resilient, we must not allow our principles to collapse so
easily.

I ramble, I will stop. Forgive me, though I am sure you understand.

David Fox