Furvey statistics: zoophilia (re: FAQ cleansing)

T'zisorey TigerWuf

Sep 16, 1998, 3:00:00 AM9/16/98
On Wed, 16 Sep 1998 13:59:00 GMT, Locandez <cfc...@argonet.co.uk>
wrote:

> Total number of Furveys analysed: 232
>
> "Yes, I am a zoophile" [1] : 65 furs = 28%
> "No, I am not a zoophile" : 146 furs = 63%
> "No, but I'm curious about it" : 21 furs = 9%
>

> [1] Not all were practising zoos.

Okay, *NOW* I have exact percentages *grins broadly*

Thanx Locandez!

Cheers! B-3
--
T'zisorey TigerWuf of Pack Ktasha (a.k.a. Altaica)
Australian WereTigerWolf

Florian (E. Raschka)

Sep 16, 1998, 3:00:00 AM9/16/98
T'zisorey TigerWuf wrote:

> On Wed, 16 Sep 1998 13:59:00 GMT, Locandez <cfc...@argonet.co.uk>
> wrote:
>

> > Total number of Furveys analysed: 232
> >
> > "Yes, I am a zoophile" [1] : 65 furs = 28%
> > "No, I am not a zoophile" : 146 furs = 63%
> > "No, but I'm curious about it" : 21 furs = 9%
> >

> > [1] Not all were practising zoos.
>
> Okay, *NOW* I have exact percentages *grins broadly*

Well... I never answered the question (public forum concerns again), so
it may not be exact. But it is substantial regardless.
e_raschk...@hotmail.com
http://www.coredcs.com/~raschka/

Never let justice mean vengeance.

Fur code 1.3: FCF/MSa A->+ C+ Dm H+ M- P+++ R+ T++ W- Z+ Sm#
RL- a cn++++ d+ e+ f h* iw+ j* p+ sm#

Plush code 1.3: Pcwb/Fw B- !BB C- I- >M MM N+ O #S Tacdrsu f+ ma

Mikazo

Sep 16, 1998, 3:00:00 AM9/16/98
Locandez wrote:

> Total number of Furveys analysed: 232
>
> "Yes, I am a zoophile" [1] : 65 furs = 28%
> "No, I am not a zoophile" : 146 furs = 63%
> "No, but I'm curious about it" : 21 furs = 9%
>
> [1] Not all were practising zoos.
>
> So the question is surely: do we dare alienate one third of alf?

You mean ignore? That would be like homophobic discrimination, don't
you think?

--
Mikazo

http://www.geocities.com/TimesSquare/9718
ICQ: 2088020
Furry Code:
FFT4f A+ C- D- H+ M P+ R++ T++++ W Z? !S RLAT a14 c+ d++ e- f- h* iw++
j? p- sm-

"I never believed that [the Conclave] would go this far. In the face of
total annihilation, they still cling to their failing traditions!"
-Tassadar, Protoss High Templar

"Are you truly so blinded by your vaunted religion that you cannot see
the fall ahead of you?"
-Zeratul, Protoss Dark Templar Prelate

Steeleheart

Sep 16, 1998, 3:00:00 AM9/16/98
Mikazo wrote in message <360022...@mho.net>...

No, we shouldn't ignore, alienate, or hate anyfur fur what they do or who
they are. We should ACCEPT EVERYFUR for what they are, I'm talking about
the person inside not the shallow facade that most people (furs) put on to
get everyone to accept them.

I do, I have found that if I accept somefur for what they are and not who
they are, they are more likely to become a long-time friend.

I hate (yes, I do hate somethings) all of this bickering, flamming or
whatever title you want to assign to it. PLEASE just accept people (furs)
for what they are. Don't hate them or reject them for because of their
beliefs, or POVs. It's just plain stupid. Enough said.

--
-Steeleheart
E-Mail tr...@adisys.com (MAIN)

One hour from now,
another species of life form
will disappear off the face of the planet
forever... and the rate is accelerating.
-Megadeth
-Countdown to Extinction

Furry Code:
FFThps3afmrs A- C- D+++ H++ M- P++ R++ T+++ W-- Z Sm RLCT/AT a cn++$ d+ e++
f++ h i+ j+ p* sm+

Robert Four-eyes Parish, a gentleman werewolf

Sep 17, 1998, 3:00:00 AM9/17/98
Locandez wrote:
> Total number of Furveys analysed: 232
> "Yes, I am a zoophile" [1] : 65 furs = 28%
> "No, I am not a zoophile" : 146 furs = 63%
> "No, but I'm curious about it" : 21 furs = 9%
> [1] Not all were practising zoos.

> So the question is surely: do we dare alienate one third of alf?

The question I think is whether sexuality is intrinsically part of
being furry, or whether it is merely compatible. And if it is the
latter, maybe it should be more on the periphery of discussion and
less on ceneter stage. I'm not denouncing sexuality. (That would
sure make me a hypocrite!) But I do have to wonder about how it does
seem to sometimes dominate some of these identity debates about what
it means to be a furry. Often sexuality seems to occlude other aspects
of life in discussions. While I do wear my "fur Pride" and "zeta"
pins at conventions, and do have an active sex life, I am leary about
identify sexuality to strongly with being furry. I just let it be
known some other interests I have; afterall, it can be presumed most
folks at furry cons are furries.

Maybe the whole thing about being a zoophile or not being gay or not,
being vanilla or not, is just not particularly relevant to being furry
or not. Some folks want to read comic books, others want to go to
truth or dare parties. Neither of these activities really have much
to do with being a furry, per se. They just are things more fun for
some of us if they have a furry flavor to them. Nothing more, IMHO.

I just don't know, but I have a hunch that we folks on ALF have other
things in common that we could talk about. Not knocking talking about
sexuality though... just when such talks degenerates in to flaming, it
makes me cringe. Just thought I would add my two cents worth.
--Four-eyes, a gentleman werewolf and spiritual shifter

i i i i

Home Page (on the Fur Pride Webring):
http://www.aye.net/~rdp/foureyes/
"Transcending Role Play: Therianthropy & Animal Totems" (on the Furry Lifestyle Webring)
http://www.aye.net/~rdp/foureyes/totem/

"What is a shaman?
He dreams like all men do
But he remembers"

Arden Scentaur

Sep 18, 1998, 3:00:00 AM9/18/98
Arden wrote:
FoxWolfie Galen wrote:

> Plushophilia, zoophilia, toonophilia, homophilia, etc., can be furry
> though. They are not objects or activities. They are characteristics or
> loves for various things. If these qualities are intertwines into what a
> furry person is, then I think these would be part of their furriness.

Integration, right? I really like the way you put this, Galen.

-Arden

Tim Gadd

Sep 18, 1998, 3:00:00 AM9/18/98
The subject line reads

>Re: Furvey statistics: zoophilia (re: FAQ cleansing)

Was there a thread/article titled 'FAQ cleansing'?

--
Tim Gadd | Lupercal .com
Hobart, Tasmania | @wolf-web

Homepage: http://www.geocities.com/SoHo/Coffeehouse/1161/

"I am _not_ a misanthropist; I like people and get on well
with them; I am only a _numerical_ misanthropist."

J.R. Ackerley

Mwongozi

Sep 20, 1998, 3:00:00 AM9/20/98
FoxWolfie Galen wrote in message <360a0ad3...@news.velocity.net>...

>On Fri, 18 Sep 1998 01:51:04 GMT, Arden Scentaur
><ar...@hotmailspamless.com> wrote:
>
>> Integration, right? I really like the way you put this, Galen.
>
>It is sort of an integration to me. All the individual parts are integrated
>into what I consider to be my furriness.

Microsoft Furry 98!

<Duck>

Sorry... :)

Lala kahle.
--
David Glover - King of the off-topic post
If e-mail address contains "nospam", remove it.