Nutella recipes anyone?

Micole Khemarrica

Jun 11, 1998, 3:00:00 AM6/11/98

Okay, I broke down this weekend and actually bought a jar of Nutella...
it's been staring at me for years at gourmet shops in SoCal, but it
never occured to me to buy it until all the talk here, and then I
couldn't find any until I wandered into a gourmet store at the King of
Prussia mall.

So, now that I have this hazelnut-cocoa concoction, I need to find
something to _do_ with it -- as in cooking. Suggestions?

ermine (always willing to try something new)
[Undo the Knot to Reply.]

MegaDog the Nettweiler

Jun 11, 1998, 3:00:00 AM6/11/98

In article <35802D9F...@SamePlace.com>, Micole Khemarrica
<Same...@SamePlace.com> writes

>Okay, I broke down this weekend and actually bought a jar of Nutella...
>it's been staring at me for years at gourmet shops in SoCal, but it
>never occured to me to buy it until all the talk here, and then I
>couldn't find any until I wandered into a gourmet store at the King of
>Prussia mall.
>
>So, now that I have this hazelnut-cocoa concoction, I need to find
>something to _do_ with it -- as in cooking. Suggestions?

Some possible recipes:-

1: get dog-bone-biscuits [we call 'em Bonios here in the UK] and
lightly coat them with Nutella. Then eat.

2: take equal quantities of Nutella and cheap whisky. Mix together
then place in icebox or freezer for 4 hours to cool. Drink slowly.
[note: the use of quality single-malt in this way is a cardinal
sin]

3: Apply Nutella _thinly_ to your partner. Massage well in.
Lick off. Repeat for as long as it gives you both pleasure,
or until your tongue-muscles are exhausted.
--
!Raised Tails! -:MegaDog:-
http://www.canismajor.demon.co.uk/index.html

Doodles

Jun 11, 1998, 3:00:00 AM6/11/98

On Thu, 11 Jun 1998 15:18:55 -0400, Micole Khemarrica
<Same...@SamePlace.com> wrote:

>So, now that I have this hazelnut-cocoa concoction, I need to find
>something to _do_ with it -- as in cooking. Suggestions?

Try something simple, first, to get an idea how the stuff tastes both
cold and hot.

In other words, make a sandwich.

Then try it on a bit of toast or a biscuit.

It makes a delightful way to make sandwich cookies, too. Beats Oreos
all hollow.

It can also be baked into things, last I checked. Hot Nutella filling
is great in crossants.

Unca Spooge, hoping this assists.

Captain Packrat

Jun 12, 1998, 3:00:00 AM6/12/98

<Same...@SamePlace.com> wrote:

>So, now that I have this hazelnut-cocoa concoction, I need to find
>something to _do_ with it -- as in cooking. Suggestions?

Use it about the same way you'd use peanut butter, i.e., spread it on
crackers, bread, toast, your finger, your SO, etc. :)

| Captain Packrat |
| (Captain on FurryMUCK and FurToonia) |
| |
| Fur Central ---> http://www.personal.isat.com/captpackrat/ |
| Plush Central ---> http://www.personal.isat.com/captpackrat/plush/ |
| |
| Furry Code 1.3 (available from Fur Central) |
| FRM/R4 A+++ C>+ D++ H+++ M+++ P++++ R+ T++++ W Z++>+++ |
| Sm+ RLCT* a cn++ d- e+ f++++ h+ iwf+++ |
| |
| If you're furry and you know it, Hug the Mouse! |
| |
| O. .O |
| ==V== |

Aetobatus

Jun 12, 1998, 3:00:00 AM6/12/98

On Thu, 11 Jun 1998 15:18:55 -0400, Micole Khemarrica <Same...@SamePlace.com> wrote:

>So, now that I have this hazelnut-cocoa concoction, I need to find
>something to _do_ with it -- as in cooking. Suggestions?

Well, here's the beta version of the fudge I made; it is still *WAY*
too sweet, and the sugar didn't completly cramelize (probably because
there was too much of it), but it came out well...

4 cups sugar (I'll probably drop this to 3 next time)
10 oz evap milk
3/4 jar Nutella
7 oz marshmallow creme
1 1/2 tsp vanilla

Next time, I'll also add a bar of Hershey's Special Dark, broken and
pulled through at the end.

Butter sides of saucepan, combine sugar and evaporated milk. Heat and
stir. Gradually add Nutella, taking 1 or 2 minutes to add 3/4 jar,
being *very* careful not to allow any to sink and sit on the bottom
(unless you like nutella charcoal). Bring heat to medium-high, and
bring to full rolling boil, and boil for 6 or 7 minutes. Remove from
heat. Add vanilla once mix has stopped boiling... Continue stirring
until mix starts to harden. Pour into pan and chill...

Aeto. Sugar good, Fudge good.
--
Aetobatus, Kelekona a'a o' O'ahu, Hawai'i. http://www.lava.net/~aetobat/
Keeper of Alfandria, THE social Dragon MUCK.

Robin91783

Jun 12, 1998, 3:00:00 AM6/12/98

<Same...@SamePlace.com> writes:

>So, now that I have this hazelnut-cocoa concoction, I need to find
>something to _do_ with it -- as in cooking. Suggestions?

you can call 1-800-Nutella for recipes & a coupon (nah, I don't get any
kickbacks/reimbursement/whatever from the Nutella folks, standard disclaimer)
they sent me 8 recipes, none of which I have tried cos _somefur_ eats the
Nutella before I can get it together.....
but here's a quick recipe for you:
Nutella Mousse
1/2 cup or 6.5ounce jar Nutella
1 cup heavy cream
1/4 teaspoon instant coffee granules

combine heavy cream & coffee granules in small mixing bowl. Stir until
dissolved, about 5 minutes. add Nutella. Beat with an electric mixer on medium
for one minute. Stop mixer, scrape sides & bottom of bowl & continue beating on
medium just until beaters leave impressions (very soft peaks), about 1 minute.
(Mousse will seem too soft but will stiffen when chilled) Divide evenly into
individual serving dishes & chill (at leat 2 hours). If desired, top with
whipped cream just before serving. Makes four servings.

hey, does anyone _really_ get the amount of servings that are specified, say on
a soda or a bag of pretzels? Or are those servings there, as I suspect, to
lower the calorie/fat/salt count of the item? you read the box/bag/whatever &
it says "only 1 gram of fat per serving" & you find out a serving is a
tablespoon? And you've devoured the whole container?

Robin, just wondering....

`

Cerulean

Jun 12, 1998, 3:00:00 AM6/12/98

<Same...@SamePlace.com> wrote:

>So, now that I have this hazelnut-cocoa concoction, I need to find
>something to _do_ with it -- as in cooking. Suggestions?

I always just sit down with a jar and a box of vanilla wafers.

As far as real cheffy stuff, I suppose you could ice a cake with it,
or maybe put a layer on the bottom of the pie crust of a chocolate
pie. I can't cook worth a zark, so I don't really know.

--
___vvz /( Cerulean http://home.att.net/~kevinpease
<__,` Z / ( DC.D/? fs+h++ Gm CB^P a$m++d+++l*g-e!i

David Cooke

Jun 12, 1998, 3:00:00 AM6/12/98

Micole Khemarrica wrote:

> So, now that I have this hazelnut-cocoa concoction, I need to find
> something to _do_ with it -- as in cooking. Suggestions?

I posted a couple of recipes from a BBC cooking show (Ready steady cook)
that involved Nutella (a couple of months back I think). One was a
mouse style thing, the other a desert involving digestives & mandarins.
I hope its on DejaNews, because I forgot to keep a copy.

David Cooke.
[ Address munged: replace "sequent.SPAM" with "demon.co" to reply. ]

Rumpus_Cat

Jun 12, 1998, 3:00:00 AM6/12/98

Okay, today I walked into Walmart for a roll of film and ended up leaving
with the film, a 150-count box of Otterpops (yummy!) and a jar of
Nutella. I'd never eaten the hazelnutty stuff, but after listening to
everyone on here I decided to give it a try. Needless to say, I and two
of my furless friends ate a quarter of the jar with our bare hands in
about two minutes! I now delcare my newfound devotion to Nutella and only
have a few questions...

First off, who started this Nutella business?

Second, what is that purple squirrel thing that keeps hovering around my
Nutella?

In article <fBWJ7AAy...@canismajor.demon.co.uk>, MegaDog the
Nettweiler <megadog@canis-^Hmajor.demon.co.uk> wrote:

>Some possible recipes:-
>
>1: get dog-bone-biscuits [we call 'em Bonios here in the UK] and
> lightly coat them with Nutella. Then eat.

I'll bite :) What's the best kind of dog biscuit to use in this recipe?
Just a minute ago I freaked my mom out by wandering upstairs and taking an
experimental bite out of a Milkbone- I haven't had one since I was a
kitten (my parents teethed me on Milkbones, no kidding. They say that the
dog biscuits didn't fall apart like baby toast.) I've thrown away the
Milkbone box, but it tasted like beefy hardtack to me. I suspect that's
all there is to dog biscuits- flour, water, and flavoring (beef or chicken
stock). Anyone know for sure?
I'm thinking this is a snack-time recipe, and the small (one or two inch
long) dog bones are the best size to use. ??

>3: Apply Nutella _thinly_ to your partner. Massage well in.
> Lick off. Repeat for as long as it gives you both pleasure,
> or until your tongue-muscles are exhausted.

Hmmm.... =^_-=

Rumpus Cat

--
http://www.mindspring.com/~d-max
"Always . . . always remember: less is less. More is more. More is better, and twice as much is good too . . . Not enough is bad and too much is never enough except when it's just about right."

***Remove NOSPAM from my e-mail address to reply***

Siberwlf62

Jun 13, 1998, 3:00:00 AM6/13/98

Unca Spooge suggested:

>It can also be baked into things, last I checked. Hot Nutella >filling is
great in crossants.

Wow. I am dazed. Why did I never think of that? And one of my favorite foods
is chocolate-filled croissants (a taste I acquired in Switzerland, where
anything can be chocolate-covered).
Siberwolf /\ /\
= o o =

Vixina

Jun 13, 1998, 3:00:00 AM6/13/98

Ermine wrote

>So, now that I have this hazelnut-cocoa concoction, I need to find
>something to _do_ with it -- as in cooking. Suggestions?

Try mixing it with peanut butter. Tastes MUCH better than Reeses'!

Vixina (a Red Vixen furry) "We are a nation with no geographic boundaries.
Bound together through our beliefs. We are like minded individuals sharing a
common vision..." (from "Rhythm Nation" by Janet Jackson-IMHO, that also
applies to Furry Lifestylers)

Vixina

Jun 13, 1998, 3:00:00 AM6/13/98

Rumpus Cat purred

>Second, what is that purple squirrel thing that keeps hovering around my
>Nutella?

You're not alone. It's been hanging around mine too.

>In article <fBWJ7AAy...@canismajor.demon.co.uk>, MegaDog the
>Nettweiler <megadog@canis-^Hmajor.demon.co.uk> wrote:
>
>>Some possible recipes:-
>>
>>1: get dog-bone-biscuits [we call 'em Bonios here in the UK] and
>> lightly coat them with Nutella. Then eat.
>
>I'll bite :) What's the best kind of dog biscuit to use in this recipe?

Ah lahke to use Milk Bone brand mahself.

>Just a minute ago I freaked my mom out by wandering upstairs and taking an
>experimental bite out of a Milkbone- I haven't had one since I was a
>kitten (my parents teethed me on Milkbones, no kidding. They say that the
>dog biscuits didn't fall apart like baby toast.) I've thrown away the
>Milkbone box, but it tasted like beefy hardtack to me. I suspect that's
>all there is to dog biscuits- flour, water, and flavoring (beef or chicken
>stock). Anyone know for sure?

Probably so. Same goes for canned dog/cat food. Stuff tastes so awful, it's
no wonder that fido and the cat always beg for human food.

>I'm thinking this is a snack-time recipe, and the small (one or two inch
>long) dog bones are the best size to use. ??

The 4-inch (large) ones are better. when the Nutella starts to get low in the
jar, it's easier to get at it with them than with the little ones.

Any relation to the "Great Rumpus Cat" in the musical, BTW? <GGG>

Matt Squirrel

Jun 13, 1998, 3:00:00 AM6/13/98

On Thu, 11 Jun 1998 08:44:25 GMT, Locandez <qly...@argonet.co.uk>
wrote:

>In article <35802D9F...@SamePlace.com>, Micole Khemarrica

><Same...@SamePlace.com> wrote:
>>
>>Okay, I broke down this weekend and actually bought a jar of Nutella...
>

> *winks to everyfur* She's one of us now...

>>So, now that I have this hazelnut-cocoa concoction, I need to find
>>something to _do_ with it -- as in cooking. Suggestions?
>

> *pfff* "Cooking", she says.
>
> 1) Unscrew lid.
> 2) Eat contents.
> 3) Declare your new found passion for Nutella on alt.lifestyle.furry and
>surrender to the almighty Nutella Guardian Spirit (a light purple squirrel
>with chocolate smeared around his face).

*slurp* Whazzat? Yeah, I have been feeling a little off colour
lately. ; )

Matt Squirrel

bad...@ns.netwharf.com

Jun 13, 1998, 3:00:00 AM6/13/98

So where is the infamous rumored Nutella cheesecake recipe, please?

Badger, jonesing for Nutella cheesecake
bad...@netwharf.com

cat

Jun 14, 1998, 3:00:00 AM6/14/98

On Fri, 12 Jun 1998 20:31:04 -0400, d-...@NOSPAMchatt.mindspring.com
(Rumpus_Cat) wrote:

>Okay, today I walked into Walmart for a roll of film and ended up leaving
>with the film, a 150-count box of Otterpops (yummy!) and a jar of
>Nutella. I'd never eaten the hazelnutty stuff, but after listening to
>everyone on here I decided to give it a try. Needless to say, I and two
>of my furless friends ate a quarter of the jar with our bare hands in
>about two minutes!

Hah ! Your furless friends are DOOMED !!! Nutella has been
proven to awaken the hidden fur within humans. I have seen this with a
non fur friend of mine. He ate a jar of Nutella and is now doing very
well as an otter.

cat

(suspecting Nutella is a plot of some creative fur)

Robin91783

Jun 14, 1998, 3:00:00 AM6/14/98

In article <Pine.LNX.3.96.98061...@ns.netwharf.com>,
<bad...@ns.netwharf.com> writes:

>So where is the infamous rumored Nutella cheesecake recipe, please?
>
>Badger, jonesing for Nutella cheesecake

here it is, from the Nutella folks....

Creamy Nutella Cheesecake
CRUST:
1 and 1/4 cups graham cracker crumbs
1/3 cup margerine,melted
1/3 cup granulated sugar

In small bowl, stir together graham cracker crumbs, melted margerine & sugar.
Into
8 1/2 inch springform pan, press crust mixture across bottom and 1 and 1/2
inches up sides. set aside.

FILLING:
1 cup or 13 ounce jar Nutella
1/2 cup of sugar
1/4 teaspoon of vanilla extract
2 8 ounce packages cream cheese, softened

with electric mixer, beat cream cheese and sugar until smooth. add Nutella and
vanilla extract and beat on medium until smooth. Pour into prepared crust and
chill at least 4 hours. Run sharp knofe around edge to loosen before serving.
Makes 12 slices

hope this helps -
Robin, keeper of Nutella recipes
p.s. I bet it would be good if you substituted the Oreo cookie crumbs for the
graham cracker ones....

bad...@ns.netwharf.com

Jun 14, 1998, 3:00:00 AM6/14/98

On 14 Jun 1998, Robin91783 wrote:

> <bad...@ns.netwharf.com> writes:
> >So where is the infamous rumored Nutella cheesecake recipe, please?
> >Badger, jonesing for Nutella cheesecake
>
> here it is, from the Nutella folks....
> Creamy Nutella Cheesecake

[snip]

> hope this helps -
> Robin, keeper of Nutella recipes
> p.s. I bet it would be good if you substituted the Oreo cookie crumbs for the
> graham cracker ones....

Thank you, Robin! I see a cooking disaster coming soon (my cooking
heuristic tends to start with "So, what do you want?" followed by "So
where are we going?")

Hmm, sounds delicious, even with the graham. Perhaps with
chocolate-covered espresso beans as strategically-placed topping? Maybe,
if too sweet (Aeto, perhaps this'd help with the fudge being overly sweet)
adding some extremely fine-ground coffee (I'm thinking flour
consistency) to the crust or filling?

Badger the well-wired, who wants to try Megadog's nutella-scotch mix
suggestion, but only has good single malt in - ah, the secret pains of
being a snob....
bad...@netwharf.com

WolfeByte

Jun 14, 1998, 3:00:00 AM6/14/98

cat <c...@mci2000.com> wrote in article <35833f31...@news.rat.org>...

> (suspecting Nutella is a plot of some creative fur)

Shhhhhhh! Don't tell...

WolfeByte, the Purple Squirrel eats Nutella at Nine past the hour...

MegaDog the Nettweiler

Jun 14, 1998, 3:00:00 AM6/14/98

In article <d-max-12069...@user-38lcnmt.dialup.mindspring.com>,
Rumpus_Cat <d-...@NOSPAMchatt.mindspring.com> writes

>In article <fBWJ7AAy...@canismajor.demon.co.uk>, MegaDog the
>Nettweiler <megadog@canis-^Hmajor.demon.co.uk> wrote:
>
>>Some possible recipes:-
>>
>>1: get dog-bone-biscuits [we call 'em Bonios here in the UK] and
>> lightly coat them with Nutella. Then eat.
>
>I'll bite :) What's the best kind of dog biscuit to use in this recipe?
>Just a minute ago I freaked my mom out by wandering upstairs and taking an
>experimental bite out of a Milkbone- I haven't had one since I was a
>kitten (my parents teethed me on Milkbones, no kidding. They say that the
>dog biscuits didn't fall apart like baby toast.) I've thrown away the
>Milkbone box, but it tasted like beefy hardtack to me. I suspect that's
>all there is to dog biscuits- flour, water, and flavoring (beef or chicken
>stock). Anyone know for sure?
>I'm thinking this is a snack-time recipe, and the small (one or two inch
>long) dog bones are the best size to use. ??

Well, here in the UK like i said, we use Bonios. They're about 3 inches
long, and - duh - bone-shaped! They don't *taste* beefy or anything,
they just taste like a rather dry biscuit.

OTOH there's another dog-biscuit product called "Biskrok" available here
- these come in 4 different colours (black, green, sorta pinky coloured
and beige). The black ones are some sor of charcoal and taste absolutely
*DISGUSTING*!!

>>3: Apply Nutella _thinly_ to your partner. Massage well in.
>> Lick off. Repeat for as long as it gives you both pleasure,
>> or until your tongue-muscles are exhausted.
>
>Hmmm.... =^_-=

Advice: if the Nutella has been stored in a refrigerator, warm
thoroughly before applying...

--
!Raised Tails! -:MegaDog:-
http://www.canismajor.demon.co.uk/index.html

"Trance-like electronic drones with the sounds of people being murdered,
and music scored according to the EEG's of psychiatric patients!"

Locandez

Jun 15, 1998, 3:00:00 AM6/15/98

In article <d-max-12069...@user-38lcnmt.dialup.mindspring.com>,

d-...@NOSPAMchatt.mindspring.com (Rumpus_Cat) wrote:

>First off, who started this Nutella business?

Eurohowl 97, possibly Eurohowl 96. I think Megadog or Utlah may have shares
in Nutella...

Locandez

--
Yiff Code: Yiff1.0Mbi P! Z+ S-- T+++ V- H(kangaroo)+++
The Vulpine Vaults: http://www.argonet.co.uk/users/lyndale/home/

My email address has been deliberately modified to prevent spam. If you would
like to send me mail, replace the 7 random letters in the address with the
word 'lyndale'.

"Aren't we a bunch of fuckwits? An elephant could no longer stick its trunk up its arse than we could lick our balls."

MegaDog the Nettweiler

Jun 15, 1998, 3:00:00 AM6/15/98

In article <na.1561d34856...@argonet.co.uk>, Locandez
<gxa...@argonet.co.uk> writes

>In article <d-max-12069...@user-38lcnmt.dialup.mindspring.com>,
>d-...@NOSPAMchatt.mindspring.com (Rumpus_Cat) wrote:
>>
>>First off, who started this Nutella business?
>
> Eurohowl 97, possibly Eurohowl 96.

yep - it dates back to EH96... or before. Jim (a.k.a. the
Outsider) brought a box of Bonios to EH96, then we all
experimented with adding Nutella... and shortly after, the
Brotherhood of Nutella was founded.

The Brotherhood has since been an active, though small scale,
provider of confectionarily-oriented guidance in the community.

Following numerous requests for more information on how to
pursue a vocation in the Order, we have moved from our previous
policy of sponsored nomination (and associated Initiation), to
offer a small number of Novitiate positions to the wider public.

Unlike other religions, ours is not one concerned with abstinence
or deprivation. Denial plays no part in our thelema. It is our
philosophy to live to the edges of endurance and provide a living
example of the ecstasy which comes through the worship of the Sacred
Substance.

Therefore the Brotherhood will typically minister to those in the
darker realms: the places where those who are paler than most, eat
less chocolate than most, and where those who enjoy a lifestyle
perceived by the foul Mundane as 'warped', 'pessimistic' or
'fetishist' will find like minded individuals.

Of special interest is the Initiation: this generally consists of
ingesting at least one standard-sized jar of Nutella. The acolyte
will then become mystically empowered and will usually begin
speaking in tongues before progressing into a highly-excited
transcendental state for approximately twelve hours.

>I think Megadog or Utlah may have shares
>in Nutella...

Actually, i don't really like the stuff; my personal phrmacological
preference is Sainsbury's Belgian Dark Chocolate spread (imagine
Nutella but then substitute extra chocolate for the nuts).

As a result of this, I have been openly accused of Heresy.

[Regarding Saint Utlah's involvement: he will be pleased to know that
I've removed the incriminating photographs from my website :@) ]

--
!Raised Tails! -:MegaDog:-

Smell the Dog! Scent-enabled web support! http://www.realaroma.com/

The Utlah

Jun 15, 1998, 3:00:00 AM6/15/98

Ululations,

Hum, MegaDog the Nettweiler <meg...@canis-major.daemon.co.uk>
mentioned:

>> Eurohowl 97, possibly Eurohowl 96.
>yep - it dates back to EH96... or before. Jim (a.k.a. the
>Outsider) brought a box of Bonios to EH96, then we all
>experimented with adding Nutella... and shortly after, the
>Brotherhood of Nutella was founded.

I beg to differ. The Nutella and Bonios combination didn't start
until EH'97. Hey, the Howl reports are all on my website, check them!
But alas, I am the one to blame for that combination. Hey, Bonios make
the perfect edible spoon for Nutella, OK!

>>I think Megadog or Utlah may have shares
>>in Nutella...

"I liked it so much, I bought the company!"

>[Regarding Saint Utlah's involvement: he will be pleased to know that
>I've removed the incriminating photographs from my website :@) ]

OOooooh Dog, don't start the Saint Utlah stuff again. :)

Utlah.

(Remove S P A M from address when replying.) /\_/\
The "WEREWeb" at http://www.swampfox.demon.co.uk/utlah/ /<_ _>\
WereHumour - Folklore - AHWW guides, Werecards and FAQs \ `/
"WEREmail" European Mailing List Moderator (FAQ at WEREweb) \@/
"Once upon a time there was a lonely wolf,lonelier than angels."
- "Fable" by Janos Pilinszky

RedWolf885

Jun 22, 1998, 3:00:00 AM6/22/98

Vixina yipped

>Ermine wrote

>>So, now that I have this hazelnut-cocoa concoction, I need to find
>>something to _do_ with it -- as in cooking. Suggestions?
>

>Try mixing it with peanut butter. Tastes MUCH better than Reeses'!

Hmmm. I'll have to remember to try that. With Vixens, of course <GGG>

Signed,
Cloudchaser (a Red Wolf furry)

4-legged non-furry Red Wolf (not a subspecies of the Grey Wolf) pic and facts
http://www.timberwolfinformation.org/info/red-wolf.htm

Portrait of my furry self (drawn under comission by Rebecca
Kemp-http://www.FurNation.com/Kat/)
http://www.yerf.com/kemprebe/cloud2.jpg

I feel a change.
Back to a better day.
Hair stands on the back of my neck.
In wildness is the preservation of the world.
So seek the wolf in thyself.
(from "Of Wolf and Man" by Metallica)

Vixina

Jun 27, 1998, 3:00:00 AM6/27/98

Cloudchaser howled

>Vixina yipped
>
>>Ermine wrote
>>
>>>So, now that I have this hazelnut-cocoa concoction, I need to find
>>>something to _do_ with it -- as in cooking. Suggestions?
>>
>>Try mixing it with peanut butter. Tastes MUCH better than Reeses'!
>
>Hmmm. I'll have to remember to try that. With Vixens, of course <GGG>

Ah know that whoevah happens to be mah lahfemate (no prospects yet) is gonna be
trying it with Vixens!

Vixina

Jun 27, 1998, 3:00:00 AM6/27/98

Robin purred

>In article <Pine.LNX.3.96.98061...@ns.netwharf.com>,

><bad...@ns.netwharf.com> writes:
>
>>So where is the infamous rumored Nutella cheesecake recipe, please?
>>
>>Badger, jonesing for Nutella cheesecake
>
>here it is, from the Nutella folks....
>
>Creamy Nutella Cheesecake

>CRUST:
>1 and 1/4 cups graham cracker crumbs
>1/3 cup margerine,melted
>1/3 cup granulated sugar
>
>In small bowl, stir together graham cracker crumbs, melted margerine & sugar.
>Into
>8 1/2 inch springform pan, press crust mixture across bottom and 1 and 1/2
>inches up sides. set aside.
>
>FILLING:
>1 cup or 13 ounce jar Nutella
>1/2 cup of sugar
>1/4 teaspoon of vanilla extract
>2 8 ounce packages cream cheese, softened
>
>with electric mixer, beat cream cheese and sugar until smooth. add Nutella
>and
>vanilla extract and beat on medium until smooth. Pour into prepared crust and
>chill at least 4 hours. Run sharp knofe around edge to loosen before serving.
>Makes 12 slices

Ooo! Ah'll definitely have to print that out!

>hope this helps -
>Robin, keeper of Nutella recipes
>p.s. I bet it would be good if you substituted the Oreo cookie crumbs for the
>graham cracker ones....

Of course it would! When was the last time you saw a fast food restaurant
serving graham cracker milkshakes?

Vixina

Jun 27, 1998, 3:00:00 AM6/27/98

Robin purred

>hope this helps -
>Robin, keeper of Nutella recipes
>p.s. I bet it would be good if you substituted the Oreo cookie crumbs for the
>graham cracker ones....

The best thing is, you don't even have to go through the mess of breaking up
the Oreos into crumbs yourself!

Ah just discovered that the pre-made Oreo crusts are available :-)

Duncan da Husky

Jul 20, 1998, 3:00:00 AM7/20/98
If you're not interested in Nutella at all, hit "n" now. Sorry, Tim and Ron
:-)

'Way back on June 12, 1998, Robin wrote:
>but here's a quick recipe for you:
>Nutella Mousse
>1/2 cup or 6.5ounce jar Nutella
>1 cup heavy cream
>1/4 teaspoon instant coffee granules
>
>combine heavy cream & coffee granules in small mixing bowl. Stir until
>dissolved, about 5 minutes. add Nutella. Beat with an electric mixer on medium
>for one minute. Stop mixer, scrape sides & bottom of bowl & continue beating on
>medium just until beaters leave impressions (very soft peaks), about 1 minute.
>(Mousse will seem too soft but will stiffen when chilled) Divide evenly into
>individual serving dishes & chill (at leat 2 hours). If desired, top with
>whipped cream just before serving. Makes four servings.

Well, I *finally* set about making this yesterday. Since I was planning on
feeding about 10 people with this, I doubled the recipe, though only used
about 3/4 of the Nutella called for lest the taste be a bit too intense. I
also doubled the amount of coffee called for, 'cause I like the taste of
coffee :-)

Well, the first problem is that if you make this, make sure you use *heavy*
whipping cream, not just "whipping cream." (I should have caught this, but was
in a hurry at the store). Regular whipping cream just doesn't whip to the
proper consistency, so we wound up with something more like Nutella pudding
rather than Nutella mousse. I think it could also stand a bit more coffee in
there, to balance out the flavor. It's worth noting that the longer it
sits in the refrigerator, the smoother the flavor becomes - I'd give it 3, if
not 4, hours, minimum.

Overall, the dessert was well-received. Not everyone wanted something as heavy
as mousse, so I wound up taking some home - about 2 servings. Whatever shall I
do with it? <slurp>

-Duncan da Husky, who knows someone's bringing Nutella cheesecake over
tomorrow

Tom Brady tab...@mindspring.com http://www.technomancer.com/~duncan
Furry: Duncan da Husky SCA: Duncan MacKinnon of Tobermory
"You can't be proud of who you are if you're ashamed
of what you are." - Brett Manz