OT: The Antifur Collective-so articulate!

Qit el-Remel

Jan 9, 2001, 6:48:57 PM1/9/01
I happened to run across a certain wuf's messageboard. As it just so
happened, the Antifur Collective had been there before me.

For those of you who don't know, the Antifur Collective are a group of
self-proclaimed professionals (although they were *originally*
supposedly one psychologist of some sort) who claim to be attempting to
expose the "insidious and psychologically damaging nature" of furrydom
to all those innocent net-geeks.

Interestingly enough, they weren't behaving like professionals at all.
Instead, they were acting like a less mature version of the AWFR.

Ho hum. Another rabid faction discredits itself.

-Qit

--
http://qitelremel.ca.webjump.com
FFC3a/F[Sand cat (felis margarita harrisoni)]3a A C+ D H M# P++ R+ T+++

Sent via Deja.com
http://www.deja.com/

Morton Gouffre

Jan 10, 2001, 12:25:10 AM1/10/01

"Qit el-Remel" <qitel...@my-deja.com> wrote in message

> I happened to run across a certain wuf's messageboard. As it just so
> happened, the Antifur Collective had been there before me.
>
> For those of you who don't know, the Antifur Collective are a group of
> self-proclaimed professionals (although they were *originally*
> supposedly one psychologist of some sort) who claim to be attempting to
> expose the "insidious and psychologically damaging nature" of furrydom
> to all those innocent net-geeks.
>
> Interestingly enough, they weren't behaving like professionals at all.
> Instead, they were acting like a less mature version of the AWFR.
>
> Ho hum. Another rabid faction discredits itself.

I have had the *ahem* "pleasure" of speaking to this group. Their
immaturity and hostility really don't make them any different than any other
hate group, although even by those meager standards they seem somewhat
amateurish and disorganized, as they weren't even able to recognize a quote
that I made from one of their own articles.

You may disregard them as a serious threat to anybody, except possibly
anyone foolish to buy into their philosophy.

Ben_Raccoon

Jan 10, 2001, 3:17:52 AM1/10/01
Heh. They're probably just a bunch of bored teenagers.

--

For a brief time I was here; and for a brief time I mattered. - Harlan
Ellison.

Shameless website plug. :) http://www.furnation.com/ben_raccoon/

Red the Dhole <Abe Flower>

Jan 10, 2001, 10:32:24 AM1/10/01
Or a single bored teenager, taking on multiple SN's.. The one
known as "Antifur" admitted several times to having taken on
various personalities in his own NG's... Sad, really. The kid
is older than me, and seems to be about one eighth as mature.

Red Dhole

Ben_Raccoon scribbled madly:

--
---------------------
AIM: reddevil550

Qit el-Remel

Jan 10, 2001, 2:37:44 PM1/10/01
In article <93h5pv$6ng$1...@raccoon.fur.com>,

"Ben_Raccoon" <Ben_R...@nospam.hotmail.com> wrote:
> Heh. They're probably just a bunch of bored teenagers.

I'd presume so.

Qit el-Remel

Jan 10, 2001, 2:44:42 PM1/10/01
In article <bnS66.3317$Zf.2...@newsfeed.slurp.net>,
"Morton Gouffre" <zeroc...@hotmail.com> wrote:

> I have had the *ahem* "pleasure" of speaking to this group.

I e-mailed them a critique of the original essays back when they were
only claiming to be one person. I never got a response; and, if I do,
it'll probably be their standard "Thank you for proving my point. Can't
anyone come up with an argument better than 'You're wrong'?" (This seems
to be their reply to all rebuttals.)

> Their immaturity and hostility really don't make them any different
> than any other hate group,

But it makes their phony credentials even sadder.

> although even by those meager standards they seem somewhat amateurish
> and disorganized, as they weren't even able to recognize a quote that
> I made from one of their own articles.

Yep. They're probably--as Ben Raccoon put it--bored teenagers (or, more
likely, one bored teenager trying to represent himself as a group).

> You may disregard them as a serious threat to anybody, except possibly
> anyone foolish to buy into their philosophy.

So who's regarding them as a serious threat? As I said before--they've
discredited themselves better than anyone else could have.

Qit el-Remel

Jan 10, 2001, 7:18:27 PM1/10/01
In article <3A5C8086...@yahoo.com>,

redde...@yahoo.com wrote:
> Or a single bored teenager, taking on multiple SN's..

That's what I'd guess.

> The one known as "Antifur" admitted several times to having taken on
> various personalities in his own NG's...

Yes, but he also claimed to be a...what was it, "social psychologist?"
And now that he's claiming to be a group rather than an individual,
he's claiming to be part of anthropomorphics fandom.

What's more, he *admits* that he lied about his credentials:

: Anyway, about us. The catastrophe "Harmless/Insidious" was concocted
: precisely to bang on the hornet's nest. That is, we were aiming
: directly at the soft underbelly of furry (and let's here make clear
: that by "furry" we mean the lifestylers and NOT ourselves or other
: proponents of the art). The fake study was pedantic, opinionated,
: stupid, inconstant...but otherwise, pretty much accurate. No?

> Sad, really. The kid is older than me, and seems to be about one
> eighth as mature.

And how old are you, if you don't mind my asking?

-Qit, who just turned 21 and has only bought alcohol once.

Martin Skunk

Jan 10, 2001, 9:32:52 AM1/10/01
> > You may disregard them as a serious threat to anybody, except possibly
> > anyone foolish to buy into their philosophy.
>
> So who's regarding them as a serious threat? As I said before--they've
> discredited themselves better than anyone else could have.

I totally agree with this opinion.

---Martin Skunk

Richard Chandler - WA Resident

Jan 11, 2001, 12:38:14 AM1/11/01
In article <93iu4b$r6q$1...@nnrp1.deja.com>, Qit el-Remel <qitelremel@my-

deja.com> writes:
> -Qit, who just turned 21 and has only bought alcohol once.

Well, I hope it was something GOOD, not Budwiser or similar crap. Beer is an
acquired taste, and beer snobbery even more so, and once you become a beer
snob, there's no going back.

(Alternate response: Of course you only bought it once. You're a girl! Guys
will buy alcohol for you in hopes of getting you drunk enough that your
standards are lowered enough that they will impress you. It's one of the
benefits of being a girl.)

Personally, I've discovered that the Filkers are right, and that Tullamore Dew
IS the finest Irish Whiskey on earth.

And a reminder: Drinking to excess is a waste of good booze. The only excuse
for it is being trapped in a room with Kevin Duane. At least, that was my
excuse the last time.

--
"if Marylin Manson has more of an influence on a kid than the kid's parents
do, then maybe the parents need to look at how they're raising their kids."

Atara

Jan 11, 2001, 1:07:54 AM1/11/01
mau...@kendra.com (Richard Chandler - WA Resident) wrote in
<010110213...@mauser.at.kendra.com>:

>(Alternate response: Of course you only bought it once. You're a
>girl! Guys will buy alcohol for you in hopes of getting you drunk
>enough that your standards are lowered enough that they will impress
>you. It's one of the benefits of being a girl.)

*snork*

I've actually had guys offer to buy me Coors or Natural Light and ick like
that. Proper response: "Thanks, but I already have a *real* drink."

The only way a woman can get something good to drink is to buy it herself,
because if she waits for the inbred mongoloid barflies to buy her something
palatable, she'd be waiting way past closing time...

--
Atara
"I've got a pantheon of animals

Richard Chandler - WA Resident

Jan 11, 2001, 2:03:35 AM1/11/01
In article <902688C3at...@209.125.35.22>, at...@raex.com (Atara)
writes:

> I've actually had guys offer to buy me Coors or Natural Light and ick
> like that. Proper response: "Thanks, but I already have a *real* drink."
>
> The only way a woman can get something good to drink is to buy it
> herself, because if she waits for the inbred mongoloid barflies to buy
> her something palatable, she'd be waiting way past closing time...

Gonna be at FC? If you ask real nice I might let you try some of my Tully....
:-)

Batty

Jan 11, 2001, 6:56:44 AM1/11/01
at...@raex.com (Atara) writes:
>... Coors or Natural Light and ick like

"Like making love in a canoe"

batty
--
http://www.chameleon.net/batty/
Carrots are good for your eyes, | More Fruitbats

Atara

Jan 11, 2001, 9:14:05 AM1/11/01
<010110230...@mauser.at.kendra.com>:

>Gonna be at FC? If you ask real nice I might let you try some of my
>Tully....
>:-)

Sorry... Too busy planning a wedding and all that. Maybe next time. =)

Qit el-Remel

Jan 11, 2001, 3:11:46 PM1/11/01
In article <010110213...@mauser.at.kendra.com>,

mau...@kendra.com (Richard Chandler - WA Resident) wrote:

> Well, I hope it was something GOOD, not Budwiser or similar crap.

It was Guinness. I hate most of the popular brands; that was the best
of a bad lot. And if I'd had my choice of stouts, I wouldn't have
gotten Guinness either

> Beer is an acquired taste,

Tell me about it.

> and beer snobbery even more so, and once you become a beer
> snob, there's no going back.

I only actually like a few kinds of stouts--usually the ultra-dark kinds
like Sapporo Black. All in all, I prefer wine.

> (Alternate response: Of course you only bought it once. You're a
> girl! Guys will buy alcohol for you in hopes of getting you drunk >
enough that your standards are lowered enough that they will impress >
you.

The soldier who was trying to impress me didn't succeed.

> Personally, I've discovered that the Filkers are right, and that
> Tullamore Dew IS the finest Irish Whiskey on earth.

Never tried it.

> And a reminder: Drinking to excess is a waste of good booze.

I only had the one beer, for just that reason.

> The only excuse for it is being trapped in a room with Kevin Duane.
> At least, that was my excuse the last time.

My excuse was the guy who inspired this character

http://www.furnation.com/Qit_el-Remel/AdAstra/Roarke.htm was being a
twit, and I needed to be drunk enough to be brutally honest about him to
everyone present.

-Qit

gbres...@my-deja.com

Jan 11, 2001, 7:15:43 PM1/11/01
at...@raex.com (Atara) wrote:

> The only way a woman can get something good to drink is to buy it
> herself,
> because if she waits for the inbred mongoloid barflies to buy her
> something
> palatable, she'd be waiting way past closing time...

Or hang out in the right lesbian bars (says the man who, many years
ago, learned much about brandies and cognacs and wines from his beloved
lesbian "aunt" and her friends).

--
--Gene
"Everybody wants to be a cat, 'cause a cat's the only cat who knows

Rust

Jan 11, 2001, 8:09:53 PM1/11/01
Ben_Raccoon wrote:

> Heh. They're probably just a bunch of bored teenagers.

That's my line.

-Rust
--
We are the instruments of creation - what we dream, is.

Remove ".netspam" from my address to reply

Jeremy DuCharme

Jan 11, 2001, 8:35:39 PM1/11/01
Batty wrote:

> at...@raex.com (Atara) writes:
> >... Coors or Natural Light and ick like
>
> "Like making love in a canoe"

That's why I go for the microbrews, sure their still thin, but at least
it's better quality.

Anybody know the words for the Filk 307 Ale?

--
"It's worse than I feared."
"What is it?"

Qit el-Remel

Jan 11, 2001, 8:29:57 PM1/11/01
In article <93lib8$4ok$1...@nnrp1.deja.com>,
gbres...@my-deja.com wrote:

> Or hang out in the right lesbian bars (says the man who, many years
> ago, learned much about brandies and cognacs and wines from his
beloved
> lesbian "aunt" and her friends).

I'm presuming that "aunt" in quotes=actual aunt's girlfriend?

-Qit

--
http://qitelremel.ca.webjump.com
FFC3a/F[Sand cat (felis margarita harrisoni)]3a A C+ D H M# P++ R+ T+++
W Z Sf+ RLAT a cmn+ d- e# f+ h# iwf- j+ p- sf+

Richard Chandler - WA Resident

Jan 12, 2001, 12:05:01 AM1/12/01
In article <93l41p$mte$1...@nnrp1.deja.com>, Qit el-Remel <qitelremel@my-

deja.com> writes:
> In article <010110213...@mauser.at.kendra.com>,
> mau...@kendra.com (Richard Chandler - WA Resident) wrote:
>
> > Well, I hope it was something GOOD, not Budwiser or similar crap.
>
> It was Guinness. I hate most of the popular brands; that was the best
> of a bad lot. And if I'd had my choice of stouts, I wouldn't have
> gotten Guinness either

Well, give him a small amount of credit for trying. But Guiness is a bit too
easy.

> > and beer snobbery even more so, and once you become a beer snob,
> > there's no going back.
>
> I only actually like a few kinds of stouts--usually the ultra-dark
> kinds like Sapporo Black. All in all, I prefer wine.

Porter is another variety you might want to try.

Have you ever had Mead? I brew my own. My current batch is still a bit
sweeter than I like, so I'm going to see if I can start a third fermentation.

> > Personally, I've discovered that the Filkers are right, and
> > that Tullamore Dew IS the finest Irish Whiskey on earth.
>
> Never tried it.

Well, as I said to Atara, if you ask me really nice at FC, I might let you
have some. :-) I also have some Hazelnut Liquer. I'm wondering if I should
invest in some Creme de Cacao and try to invent "Liquid Nutella".

> > The only excuse for it is being trapped in a room with Kevin Duane.
> > At least, that was my excuse the last time.
>
> My excuse was the guy who inspired this character
>
> http://www.furnation.com/Qit_el-Remel/AdAstra/Roarke.htm was being a
> twit, and I needed to be drunk enough to be brutally honest about him
> to everyone present.

Can't access that one right now.

Richard Chandler - WA Resident

Jan 12, 2001, 12:07:33 AM1/12/01
In article <3A5E5FE7...@sprintmail.com>, Jeremy DuCharme <

jeremyd...@sprintmail.com> writes:
> That's why I go for the microbrews, sure their still thin, but at
> least it's better quality.
>
> Anybody know the words for the Filk 307 Ale?

From the horse's mouth:

http://www.tomsmithonline.com/lyrics/307ale.htm

There's also a link to the song itself on mp3.com.

gbres...@my-deja.com

Jan 12, 2001, 2:30:45 PM1/12/01
In article <93lmme$8gp$1...@nnrp1.deja.com>,

Qit el-Remel <qitel...@my-deja.com> wrote:
> > Or hang out in the right lesbian bars (says the man who, many years
> > ago, learned much about brandies and cognacs and wines from his
> beloved
> > lesbian "aunt" and her friends).
>
> I'm presuming that "aunt" in quotes=actual aunt's girlfriend?

Uh, no. She is a woman who overflows with maternal instincts and
"adopted" a lot of us 20-something guys and gals who were recently out.
(this was two decades ago when I was a 20-something :P).

Back then, anway, it seemed she was everyone's Aunt Cheryl.

--
--Gene
"Everybody wants to be a cat, 'cause a cat's the only cat who knows
where it's at."
--O'Malley the alley cat, The Aristocats.

spar...@my-deja.com

Jan 12, 2001, 4:26:26 PM1/12/01
I posted this before, and I'll post it again. Because I believe in what
I say.

You know, the world is full of ***holes. It's a fact of life. To say
the Fandom is pure in itself is plainly ignorance as well.
The Fandom is more or less a strictly personal thing. We are furries;
we interact, think, and behave as furries. It is a realm only in the
Fandom and not outside. We don’t try to change people’s lives, we don’t
dwell in morally deficient acts. We bring no violence to the world, and
we don’t expect anything from anybody.
In short, we exist as ourselves, and as “us.” We exist to exist.
Personally, I’ll be damned before I let someone tell me what I can and
can’t do in these respects. However, it is also not my place to point
fingers and blame at anyone.
Yes, the Fandom is, and will do best, if they ignore those who would go
against us. To send both sides of an issue together in feud is to tear
both apart. I did not move into the Fandom so I could be a soldier in a
war that will never have an end...I came here to enjoy myself.
So, my suggestions to the Fandom and all my friends, is to continue
being Furs, etc. Instead of butting heads with these people, let us
instead continue in our efforts to make being Fur more exciting and
enjoyable. Continue to make art, write stories, be furry and think
furry.

To attempt to try to put these people down, is only an action that will
add fuel to the fires of our own destruction.

In the end, we are who we are. We change when “we” want to and not
before. When “I” decide (if ever) to end my furry lifestyle, “I” will
do so. They can delete my files from the internet, they can boot me off
my web page, and they can sever all my connections with the Fandom. But
I will still be “me” and I will still be a Furry.

Sparky. ^..^
Another Reality Productions
Furlisophical
Author of Thorhammer
ICQ# 74929754
ifs...@pitt.edu
http://www.crosswinds.net/~furlisophical

Qit el-Remel

Jan 16, 2001, 2:32:38 PM1/16/01
In article <93nm17$tna$1...@nnrp1.deja.com>,
gbres...@my-deja.com wrote:

> Uh, no. She is a woman who overflows with maternal instincts and
> "adopted" a lot of us 20-something guys and gals who were recently
> out. (this was two decades ago when I was a 20-something :P).
>
> Back then, anway, it seemed she was everyone's Aunt Cheryl.

Gotcha.

-Qit

--
FFW[sand cat %28felis margarita harrisoni%29]3a/FC3/DD4 A+ C+ D H M# P+
R+ T+++ W Z Sf+ RLAT/U a cdmn++ d- e**>++ f h? iwf+ j+ p*>+ sf+