Annoying objects

Shaper

Dec 14, 1993, 11:36:20 AM12/14/93
What objects annoy you most as lefties? I'll start off with a few of my
own...

Scissors (all those orange-handled beasts!)
Buttons (shirt, etc)
Tubas (valves normally played with right hand...fortunately I have long arms,
and can go around!)
Ladles, dipper, etc. (Notice where the pouring spout is.)
Smaller Super-Soakers (small plastic thingie on left side of handle)
Spiral notebooks (thank God for top-bound)

Also, what do you do for revenge?
I have two leftie scissors, which I am always willing to lend out.(heh)
I've set up my desk and computer in such a way that the mouse pad goes
directly in front of the monitor, which is to the left of the keyboard
(mouse needs to beused lefthanded, though I do keep the buttons the same).

MB

Ray Depew

Dec 14, 1993, 5:12:53 PM12/14/93
Shaper (bas...@rintintin.Colorado.EDU) wrote:
: What objects annoy you most as lefties? I'll start off with a few of my
: own...

: Tubas (valves normally played with right hand...fortunately I have long arms,
: and can go around!)

Switch from tuba to baritone (or euphonium). Then shop around for the
proper instrument. Some of them play on the left, and some play on the
right.

Regards Ray Depew r...@fc.hp.com

Paula Caron

Dec 14, 1993, 7:58:51 PM12/14/93
In article <CI1A4...@cnsnews.Colorado.EDU> bas...@rintintin.Colorado.EDU (Shaper) writes:
>What objects annoy you most as lefties? I'll start off with a few of my
>own...
>
>Scissors (all those orange-handled beasts!)

I've adapted to using rightie scissors and can't use leftie scissors
eventhough I was given a pair in school

>Buttons (shirt, etc)

I find that buttons on shirts can be either way sometimes it depends
whether the shirt/blouse is for a male or female, I'm not sure which
way the buttons are but I know I have some with button on the left side
and other with them on the right side

>Tubas (valves normally played with right hand...fortunately I have long arms,
> and can go around!)
>Ladles, dipper, etc. (Notice where the pouring spout is.)

Actually I had never really noticed.

>Smaller Super-Soakers (small plastic thingie on left side of handle)
>Spiral notebooks (thank God for top-bound)

I can agree on this one. I hate writing in spiral notebooks and for some
classes you have no choice because they require them. I never use them
unless I have to I prefer loose leaf pages instead and using a clipboard.

What I find annoying and I just realized today was that some right handed
people do not know how to adapted to different situations. I have a
tap in my apartment which is pointed toward the counter top so if the
tap is opened water will spill on my countertop. Until I can get it fixed
all that needs to be done is to turn it into the sink and hold it there while
you fill up a glass of water, but my boyfriend cannot seem to handle doing
that whereas I have no problem with it. I figure it is because I have learned
to adapt to doing things differently.

Paula Caron
ca...@cs.uregina.ca
University of Regina
Regina, Saskatchewan, Canada

Jim Easterbrook

Dec 15, 1993, 4:34:20 AM12/15/93
Shaper (bas...@rintintin.Colorado.EDU) wrote:
: What objects annoy you most as lefties? I'll start off with a few of my
: own...

What about cheque books ? Ever tried writing the last cheque with 50
stubs supporting your hand in mid air ?

: Also, what do you do for revenge?

Nothing. I'm not that sort of guy. Anyway, the people I share office and
lab. space with are all left handed!

--
Jim Easterbrook <jim.eas...@rd.eng.bbc.co.uk>
BBC Engineering Research & Development Department |

Janis Maria C. C. Cortese

Dec 15, 1993, 4:33:15 AM12/15/93
In article <w3wes-141...@oswego.gsfc.nasa.gov> w3...@oswego.gsfc.nasa.gov (William E. Smith) writes:
>In article <CI1A4...@cnsnews.Colorado.EDU>,

>bas...@rintintin.Colorado.EDU (Shaper) wrote:
>
>> What objects annoy you most as lefties?
>
>rotary telephones
>nuts and bolts (right handed threads)

Corkscrews, rotary telephones (good one!), and most cash registers when
I was working at T. J. Maxx, referred to not so affectionately as T. J.
Smaxx by the inmates . . . umm, employees. Almost ALL poer tools,
especially since you can lose a limb when you don't have your strong
hand where it has to be with them.

>Lefty advantageous things:
>
>toll booths
>typewriter and computer keyboards

Drive-through ATM's.

erac ekaT,
sinaJ

Carlos Aizenman

Dec 15, 1993, 11:49:45 AM12/15/93
In article <corteseC...@netcom.com>, cor...@netcom.com (Janis Maria
C. C. Cortese) wrote:

Not to mention coffee mugs, the always have the handle on the right hand
side...
ha,ha,ha...
-a fellow sinister

Robert Grumbine

Dec 15, 1993, 12:28:27 PM12/15/93

My apologies if this is duplicated. The first attempt was contemporaneous
with a network connection crash.

William E. Smith <w3...@oswego.gsfc.nasa.gov> wrote:
>In article <CI1A4...@cnsnews.Colorado.EDU>,
>bas...@rintintin.Colorado.EDU (Shaper) wrote:
>

>> What objects annoy you most as lefties?

Check out lanes with objects on the left-hand side of the check-writing
platforms.

Chained pens anchored to the right.

>Lefty advantageous things:

Clarinet (left hand is topmost, and winds up with more frequent use)

qwerty typewriters

US Stick shift cars (left hand on the wheel, keeping me on the road,
right hand mucking about with the stick. Just
imagine the right-handers, their one competent hand
_isn't_ steering the car.)

Adding machine layouts in most offices. (Adding machine is
placed on the right. This would ordinarily be an advantage
to the righties, but since mostly the adding machine is being
used to tally numbers and enter them into a report, your
left hand is free to write while the right pounds numbers.
Spreadsheets (where numeric keypads are on the right side and
you don't write) are a step backwards for lefties.)

--
Bob Grumbine rm...@access.digex.net
Sagredo (Galileo Galilei) "You present these recondite matters with too much
Bob Grumbine rm...@access.digex.net
Sagredo (Galileo Galilei) "You present these recondite matters with too much
evidence and ease; this great facility makes them less appreciated than they
would be had they been presented in a more abstruse manner." Two New Sciences

Renee Kifer

Dec 15, 1993, 2:33:36 PM12/15/93
In article 7...@access.digex.net, rm...@access.digex.net (Robert Grumbine) writes:

> My apologies if this is duplicated. The first attempt was contemporaneous
>with a network connection crash.
>
>In article <w3wes-141...@oswego.gsfc.nasa.gov>,
>William E. Smith <w3...@oswego.gsfc.nasa.gov> wrote:
>>> What objects annoy you most as lefties?

When I was in college, I dreaded finals week because none of the rooms had a desk
for lefties. So, I would end up with my body twisted for that week when I took
those two hour exams. I hated that.

BTW- after reading the leftie qualities article, I seem to not follow many of the
traditional qualities-
1.) short and stocky? Nope 5'7 and 120lbs
2.) moralistic? Ahh, nope, I don't think so.
3.) creative? Definitely not, I am in statistics and don't have a creative bone
in my body.
4.) heavy drinker or abstain? Neither, I drink when I go out which isn't much, but
I like to drink in moderation.

I must say that this is a pretty original newsgroup and I have enjoyed what I have
read the whole couple hours I have been subscribed. Especially the left-hungness thing
I got a good laugh out of that! :)

Renee

sean kerns

Dec 15, 1993, 3:37:04 PM12/15/93
^^^^^^^^^^
|> sinaJ
^^^^^

Speaking of which, how many lefties can read/write backwards upside-down.
I can do that alsomst as well as I can do it the "right" way.

Sean naeS

| Sean R. "Snake" Kerns e-mail: sean....@sdrc.com |
| DoD# 1052 '48 CJ-2A '79 F-250 4x4 429 '93 750 Virago |
| Structural Dynamics Research Corporation '79 AQHA |
| These opinions aren't SDRC's... They may not even be MINE... |

Steve Ketcham

Dec 16, 1993, 10:28:48 AM12/16/93
> What objects annoy you most as lefties? I'll start off with a few of my
> own...
>
> Scissors (all those orange-handled beasts!)

I got in a tirade once with a clerk at a lefthanded store, because I don't
think all scissors sold as "left-handed" really are. Specifically,
Fiskar's are right-handed scissors with a left-handed handle. (Or at least
they were, the last time I checked.)

What do I mean? Take a pair of right-handed scissors, and imagine (it's
hard) that you're right-handed. As you hold the scissors in your right
hand, the bottom blade is to the left of the top blade. When you hold them
to the right of the centerline of your body, you can see the line you're
cutting. I'll try an ASCII picture:

Line
of \ T
Sight \ T
BT

Left-handed scissors should be reversed, so that when you hold them to the
left of center, you can see what you're cutting, instead of having your
view blocked by the top blade. I have some expensive left-handed scissors
that work that way, but Fiskar's don't.

My peeves:

1. Those spring-steel split ring keychains. I've never figured out how to
get keys on.

2. Pocket knives. The thumbnail notch is on the wrong side.

3. Electric irons. Why can't the cord come out of the top of the handle
instead of pointing directly towards you?

4. Power tools, especially power saws!

5. The newer ATMs with the keypad WAY over on the right.

That's it for now.

Steve Ketcham Steve_...@vos.stratus.com
Senior Technical Consultant Phone: (508) 460-2377
Stratus Computer, Inc FAX: (508) 480-0067
55 Fairbanks Blvd
Marlboro, MA 01752 I speak for myself, not Stratus.

Terrence W Wright

Dec 16, 1993, 4:41:16 PM12/16/93
Carlos Aizenman (aize...@brownvm.brown.edu) wrote:
: Not to mention coffee mugs, the always have the handle on the right hand
: side...
: ha,ha,ha...

Actually have a funny experience with coffee mugs where being left handed
was an asset. I was offered a drink from a friend. What I didn't know is that
it was a dribble glass. He had "got" a few other people in my workplaces
coffee room, and when he handed it to me, I noticed everybody was paying
attention...
However, I promptly lifted the glass up in my left hand and had a drink
from the side that was normal. Everybody had a laugh, and for once I was
VERY glad to be left handed.

Terry Wright | "The supply of truth in this world, though limited,
Tww...@cs.usask.ca | is yet more than adequate to meet the demand."
Saskatoon, Saskatchewan | -- Richard J. Needham, 1969

Joshua Danowitz, Author of Makechar

Dec 16, 1993, 9:21:57 AM12/16/93
In article <CI24K...@cnsnews.Colorado.EDU>, hart...@spot.Colorado.EDU (Jason
Hartmann) says:

>Jason

Is Jason easier to use right handed? :)
Sorry -- I couldn't resist.

joanne grey

Dec 16, 1993, 2:01:44 PM12/16/93
>What objects annoy you most as lefties? I'll start off with a few of my
>own...
>
>Scissors (all those orange-handled beasts!)

I *never* could learn to use the darned things well.

>Buttons (shirt, etc)

Only when I wear my boyfreind's shirt!!

>Ladles, dipper, etc. (Notice where the pouring spout is.)

When I worked as a cook, the night shift guys would come in and have to
"rearrange" all the pots & pans, because when I had returned them to
their place, of course I put them back "backwards".

Same thing when I worked as a bartender... the spouts on the bottles were all
reversed.

>MB

-joanne

| |
| JoAnne Grey | My opinions. No one else's. |
|joa...@cbmvax.commodore.com | |
|___________________________________________________________________________|
| |
| A human being should be able to change a diaper, plan an invasion, |
| butcher a hog, command a ship, design a building, write a sonnet, balance |

Warren Edward Kenyon

Dec 16, 1993, 2:21:42 PM12/16/93
Steve_...@vos.stratus.com (Steve Ketcham) writes:

>In article <CI1A4...@cnsnews.Colorado.EDU>,
>bas...@rintintin.Colorado.EDU (Shaper) wrote:
>>
>> What objects annoy you most as lefties? I'll start off with a few of my
>> own...
>>
>> Scissors (all those orange-handled beasts!)

>I got in a tirade once with a clerk at a lefthanded store, because I don't
>think all scissors sold as "left-handed" really are. Specifically,
>Fiskar's are right-handed scissors with a left-handed handle. (Or at least
>they were, the last time I checked.)

>What do I mean? Take a pair of right-handed scissors, and imagine (it's
>hard) that you're right-handed. As you hold the scissors in your right
>hand, the bottom blade is to the left of the top blade. When you hold them
>to the right of the centerline of your body, you can see the line you're
>cutting. I'll try an ASCII picture:

[deleted]

You are absolutely correct when you say that lefty scissors should be
different from righties. And it is not just because of the view thingy
you mention. Righty scissors really should not work well at all for us
even with lefty handles on them. Pretend you are right handed. When
you grip scissors, your grip tends to bring the blades together so that
the blades actually cut against each other. When a lefty grips a pair of
righty scissors, even with a modified handle, the blades will tend to
separate, causing the paper to fold in between the blades instead of
being cut by the blades. On a good (very good) pair of scissors with a
good (very good) rivet, this might not happen, but on cheaper scissors,
it happens almost every time. You actually have to force your grip to
bring the blades together. Not fun.

Actually, I have gotten so good with right handed scissors that it feels
much more natural than trying to use (even correct) left handed
scissors. At least it saves me money.

>Left-handed scissors should be reversed, so that when you hold them to the
>left of center, you can see what you're cutting, instead of having your
>view blocked by the top blade. I have some expensive left-handed scissors
>that work that way, but Fiskar's don't.

>My peeves:

>3. Electric irons. Why can't the cord come out of the top of the handle

>instead of pointing directly towards you?

Man, how did humans survive before the cordless iron? No matter which
hand I used to iron with an electric iron, the cord was always a bother.
Cordless is the only way.

Actually, now that I think about it, the electric age brought about a
bias as far as this appliance is concerned. The old flat irons were
ambidextrous. And cordless.

>4. Power tools, especially power saws!

Oh, yeah. Circular saws can be deadly, and it is one of the tools I
have never been able to master right handed. They are a real pain.

____ ____ __
/____/| /\ /____/| /__/ ken...@pogo.den.mmc.com || MADSTOP '81
\ | | |\ \ \ | | | / ken...@fr2.den.mmc.com || Draime Beach
\ | | | \ \ \ | | |/\ Standard Disclaimer || Rusty Nail
\ | | | \ \ \ | | |\ \ "I'm not god. I've just || Penny Arcade
\|/ |___\/ \|/ |_\/ been misquoted." D. Lister || Dr. Dirt Lives

Betty

Dec 17, 1993, 9:21:42 AM12/17/93
In article <2eqkls$o...@tribune.usask.ca>

tww...@cs.usask.ca (Terrence W Wright) writes:

> : Not to mention coffee mugs, the always have the handle on the right hand
> : side...
> : ha,ha,ha...
>
> Actually have a funny experience with coffee mugs where being left handed
> was an asset. I was offered a drink from a friend. What I didn't know is that
> it was a dribble glass. He had "got" a few other people in my workplaces
> coffee room, and when he handed it to me, I noticed everybody was paying
> attention...
> However, I promptly lifted the glass up in my left hand and had a drink
> from the side that was normal. Everybody had a laugh, and for once I was
> VERY glad to be left handed.

On the same lines, I gave my mother (who is right_handed) a coffee mug
for Christmas one year. One day, months later, I noticed it had a
design inside as well as outside. There was a flower that you could
see on the top inside if you were holding the cup with your right hand,
but of course, being left-handed, I'd never noticed it. It never
before occurred to me that coffee cups could be right- or left-handed!

Betty
Elizabeth.A...@Dartmouth.edu

"Sometimes you're the Louisville Slugger, sometimes you're the ball."

David Berner

Dec 14, 1993, 3:49:06 PM12/14/93

> What objects annoy you most as lefties? I'll start off with a few of my
> own...
>
> Scissors (all those orange-handled beasts!)
> Buttons (shirt, etc)
> Tubas (valves normally played with right hand...fortunately I have long arms,
> and can go around!)
> Ladles, dipper, etc. (Notice where the pouring spout is.)
> Smaller Super-Soakers (small plastic thingie on left side of handle)
> Spiral notebooks (thank God for top-bound)

[...]

> I have two leftie scissors, which I am always willing to lend out.(heh)

[...]

okay, here is my thing. i can't use lefty scissors. i'm so used to
applying the pressure correctly to press the blades together for
righty scissors that i end up pulling the blades apart if i use a pair
of lefty scissors, unless i work to do it right.

anyway, annoying objects:

those mechanical ice cream scoops with the lever that you press to
push the ice cream out of the scoop because it always gets stuck
in there. the lever is positioned so right handers can pull it
with their thumb. it just sticks into the palm of the left hander
who is trying to use it. ANNOYING.

-dave

William E. Smith

Dec 14, 1993, 2:28:48 PM12/14/93

> What objects annoy you most as lefties?

rotary telephones

nuts and bolts (right handed threads)

Lefty advantageous things:

toll booths
typewriter and computer keyboards

--
Bill Smith | That's a fine outfit you're wearing
Code 910.4 | today, Santa.

D. Jason Penney

Dec 22, 1993, 12:16:27 AM12/22/93

> Check out lanes with objects on the left-hand side of the check-writing
>platforms.

> Chained pens anchored to the right.

The last time I had to deal with this, I gave the entire pen a massive
yank with all of my strength, thereby breaking the chain. I gave the
teller a look, "just you *dare* say something", and proceeded to make my
$2K deposit. I ostentatiously used my left hand to do the signing.

The next time I was at the bank, the pens were unattached.
--
D. Jason Penney Ph: (503) 629-8383
Beaverton, OR 97006 uucp: ...uunet!servio!jason (ja...@slc.com)

Eric Sharakan

Dec 22, 1993, 5:21:32 PM12/22/93
In article <2enhfr$7...@access.digex.net>, rm...@access.digex.net (Robert Grumbine) writes:

|> My apologies if this is duplicated. The first attempt was contemporaneous
|> with a network connection crash.
|>
|> In article <w3wes-141...@oswego.gsfc.nasa.gov>,
|> William E. Smith <w3...@oswego.gsfc.nasa.gov> wrote:

|> Check out lanes with objects on the left-hand side of the check-writing
|> platforms.
|>
|> Chained pens anchored to the right.
|>
|> >Lefty advantageous things:
|>
|> Clarinet (left hand is topmost, and winds up with more frequent use)
|>
|> qwerty typewriters
|>
|> US Stick shift cars (left hand on the wheel, keeping me on the road,
|> right hand mucking about with the stick. Just
|> imagine the right-handers, their one competent hand
|> _isn't_ steering the car.)

I learned to drive in an automatic (in the US). For some reason, I mainly
used my right hand for steering. When I first started driving a stick, I
had trouble adjusting to steering with my left hand, but can now steer
equally well with either hand.

Other than that, I do just about everything with my left hand. When
eating, I will cut with the left hand and eat with the right, so I guess I
can eat with either hand.

Also, I "dress right".

--
Eric Sharakan Practice random kindness and
shar...@think.com senseless acts of beauty.

Ken Smith

Dec 22, 1993, 1:48:00 PM12/22/93

D>Speaking of which, how many lefties can read/write backwards
D>upside-down. I can do that alsomst as well as I can do it the "right"
D>way.

I am the same way. I can write pretty well backwards. Freaks people out
when you start jotting down things on a fogged up window (backwards).

When I was first learning to write (before school came into the picture)
I used to write my name backwards from right to left but the letters
were correct.

Ken

---
þ CmpQwk 1.31 #364 þ I multitask... I read in the bathroom!

Dale M. Parish

Dec 23, 1993, 12:45:10 AM12/23/93
>> Check out lanes with objects on the left-hand side of the check-writing
>>platforms.
>
>> Chained pens anchored to the right.
>

>The last time I had to deal with this, I gave the entire pen a massive
>yank with all of my strength, thereby breaking the chain. I gave the

Agree; I used to routinely pull them out, making it appear that I was
absent-mindly not noticing what was hindering my writing. I'd just
make an attempt to find the rack to park it in on the wrong side and
leave it laying onto the counter. Got a few stares, but never any
comments.

One place I did that in replaced their bead-chains with a small cable
and I tried to pull it loose-- couldn't' break the cable obviously, but
pulled the top of the pen apart. Aggravated me enough to look up a
manager to point out to him what his cable had done to the pen and ask
if he didn't think that 15% of his customers were going to be
aggravated about it if he didn't fix it. He wanted to complain about
the money they'd spent on replacing the bead chains and I told him
that he'd either get the pens on BOTH sides or I'd start spreading the
word that the store (was a check cashing stand in a grocery) was
racist and sexist. He was still trying to figure out what I meant by
that one when I left, but there were pens on both sides from then on.
Usually only the leftie pen worked. ;-)

Dale Parish | interests in: Agriculture Anthropology
16460 I.H. 10 West | Astrology Astronomy Blacksmithing Cartography
Orange TX 77632-8055 | Communications Computers Education Engineering
(409) 745-3899 voice | Fortean_Mysteries Hypnosis L5 Language Law
dpa...@nyx.cs.du.edu | Lefties Mensa Mysticism Parapsychology Physics
dpa...@mcimail.com | Psychology Science_Fiction Sex Space
lum...@lub001.lamar.edu | ?and you?

Gary R. Carleton

Dec 23, 1993, 4:19:51 PM12/23/93

When I was in school I would write with the book turned sideways
so I would write from bottom to top with my hand on the left side.
It would give the impression of writing upside down. This also
prevented getting the infamous blue ink smudge on the side of
my hand. I was forever being told by the teacher to "stop
fooling around."

Dale M. Parish

Dec 23, 1993, 11:25:59 PM12/23/93
In article <40.60.102...@channel1.com>,

Ken Smith <ken....@channel1.com> wrote:

>D>Speaking of which, how many lefties can read/write backwards
>D>upside-down. I can do that alsomst as well as I can do it the "right"
>D>way.
>
>I am the same way. I can write pretty well backwards. Freaks people out
>when you start jotting down things on a fogged up window (backwards).

I was about 30something when I was given a book on famous lefties in
history, and it said that President Gerald Ford could write equally
well on a blackboard with either hand. I've always considered myself
left-handed and right-armed-- eat & write left handed and throw, etc.
right.

But I've always written on a board all the way through school with my
left hand because that's the hand with which I write on paper. Dawned
on me that writing on a board is an arm movement more than a hand
movement. I walked over to a blackboard, picked up a piece of chalk
with my right hand and started writing.

It felt unfamiliar, but the handwriting was almost the same style as
what I write on paper with my left.

A few years later, I took a handwriting analysis course, and first
night, we all had to write on the board for the rest of the class to
analyze. I stood in one spot and wrote with my left hand from as far
left as I could reach till I was in front of myself "Now is the time"
and switched hands and wrote with my right hand "for all good men" and
switched back again till I finished the sentence in three lines.

A couple of the other students caught it and protested, but the
instructor insisted that it made no difference whatsoever which hand I
wrote with and after completing the class, I have to agree with her.
Well , almost no difference. The differences are so negligible in so
far as handwriting analysis is concerned that there's no difference.

But if you were to try to compare my HAND writing with my right hand,
you'd believe that you were reading an infantile paranoid schitzo's
scratch. I can't read it; can't write much more than a line
comfortably.

Anyone had similar experiences?

Dale

Joshua Danowitz, Author of Makechar

Dec 23, 1993, 9:49:38 AM12/23/93
In article <jason.756537387@servio>, ja...@servio.slc.com (D. Jason Penney)
says:

>The last time I had to deal with this, I gave the entire pen a massive
>yank with all of my strength, thereby breaking the chain. I gave the
>teller a look, "just you *dare* say something", and proceeded to make my
>$2K deposit. I ostentatiously used my left hand to do the signing.

YAHOO! Score one for lefties! I HATE those chained down pens, but I rarely
have to use them, 'cause I'm a nerd and have atleast two pens with me
during the day. (At night I carry Feather quills and Honey -- but that's
another matter).

post next time I was at the bank, the pens were unattached.
>--

>D. Jason Penney Ph: (503) 629-8383
>Beaverton, OR 97006 uucp: ...uunet!servio!jason (ja...@slc.com)
>"Talking about music is like dancing about architecture." -- Steve Martin

Great .sig quote!
-- Joshua Danowitz (JO...@CUNYVM.CUNY.EDU) at home they don't let me put a sig!

Ramaswamy Krishnan

Dec 25, 1993, 3:13:07 AM12/25/93

Interesting newsgroup this!

A couple of weeks back when I was in San Francisco, I came
across a shop for left-handed folks - everything in the shop
was reversed for left-handed use - some seemed very meaningful
(scissors) and others seemed fancy (ruler).

This was in the famous shopping mall near Pier 39 on Fishermens' Wharf.

I wonder if there are such shops in other cities.

--
Ramaswamy Krishnan
r...@Myan.uc.edu

Dean M. Bleess

Dec 25, 1993, 4:17:33 PM12/25/93
Weed Eaters !!
They spin the wrong direction. Makes it slightly uncomfortable
to throw the clippings in the right (as in correct) direction.

D. M. Bleess SHAS Parts (OMA)

Robert Grumbine

Dec 30, 1993, 7:55:59 PM12/30/93
Ran in to another one. I'm working on building a balsa airplane, of the
sort with quite a few parts to cut and glue together. The instructions
include an order of assembly -- that only makes sense if you're right
handed.

(Helpful construction hints appreciated, as will be the name of a group
dedicated to such things.)