Alt.law-enforcement

M. Legare, etc.

May 17, 1994, 2:50:14 PM5/17/94
So then keco...@next03epsl.wam.umd.edu (edgerider) said:

] In article <Cpu2r...@wetware.com> mle...@wetware.com (M. Legare,
] etc.)
] > i think perhaps you need to get yourself a healthy dose of more
] than
] > one viewpoint. then, perhaps, you might evolve into a more mature
] > life form.
]
] Legare you just have not been paying attention to my posts... To use
] your own concepts on you, why dont you try reading what is written
] in a post rather than deciding it is against your politics and then
] bashing it.

lessee if i get this right: cops are scum because they beat people up
regularly, especially drug users, and they get away with it and they are
gestapo and bad people.

granted, this may be an oversimplification, but each one of those words
was lifted directly from one of your much-in-demand postings.

] The police psychology being basically aberrant because from the start
] it has decided might makes right. Now Clinton is highering more of
] these menaces to our culture because the hypocritical drug laws are
] not being followed by people who recognize those laws for the
] infringement on their human rights that they are. If you want me to
] write a book on it then I'll have to dedicate it to you for making me
] explain it so even a kindergartener understands.

you are making a broad, sweeping generalization. that generalization,
"all cops are thugs", is, in my opinion, inaccurate. that's wahy i have
been saying, in one form or another. that and the fact that i think you may be
an idiot..

oh yes, the drug laws. that's a whole 'nother kettle of fish, and since we're
already doomed to end this thread in an off-topic and irrelevant manner
(Godwin's rule), I'm going to skip that bit. Now, if this bit just *happens*
to be the reason why you're so anti-police, well then.

] Why is it imporatant to explain these things... have you ever been
] beaten up by a punk cop? Not only does he get away with it but has a
] whole team swearing you were the
] agressor and pressing charges against you. Rodney King is not the
] exception to a smooth running system.

have YOU been beaten up by a punk cop? if so, then i see why you feel the
way you do. if not, then i have more questions.

the facts I do not argue with. your generalizations, accusations, and
unfocused hostily (as well as an apparent inability to understand basic
nettiquite) i will argue with.

] Why talk bizarre? That's easy.

Read: "I want to get save humanity.. uh... find like-minded revolutionaries...
um... get chicks... er... I want to get flamed! Yes, that's it!"

BoB
teCh
coming soon: ANARCHY BOY, the MOVIE

--
if one falls on you,
we just carve your name on it

David Douglas Menache

May 17, 1994, 5:09:11 PM5/17/94

]So then keco...@next03epsl.wam.umd.edu (edgerider) said:

] The police psychology being basically aberrant because from the start
] it has decided might makes right. Now Clinton is highering more of
] these menaces to our culture because the hypocritical drug laws are
] not being followed by people who recognize those laws for the
] infringement on their human rights that they are. If you want me to
] write a book on it then I'll have to dedicate it to you for making me
] explain it so even a kindergartener understands.

>you are making a broad, sweeping generalization. that generalization,
>"all cops are thugs", is, in my opinion, inaccurate. that's wahy i have
>been saying, in one form or another. that and the fact that i think you may be
>an idiot..

] Why is it imporatant to explain these things... have you ever been

] beaten up by a punk cop? Not only does he get away with it but has a
] whole team swearing you were the
] agressor and pressing charges against you. Rodney King is not the
] exception to a smooth running system.

The guy talking about cops negatively shouldn't be dismissed so quickly. If
cops can figure out how to treat people who feel this way toward them
with respect instead of calling them idiots, I think there would
be a dramatic change in the tide of negative public sentiment that
is directed at cops. People feel this way toward cops for a reason.
They weren't born anarchists that harbor an inate hatred for cops. They
are real people (usually the nicest, civil-rights oriented people)who
carry real experiences. There is no reason to believe that all the people
who post here just randomly hate cops for no reason. There is also no
reason to label anyone who hates cops as crimianls. Some cops do beat people
and many cops engage in the *minor* non-forceful rights violations. These
violations, which almost never are punished, are the actions responsible for
quite a large portion of the anti-police sentiment out there. Police should
quit concentrating so much on denegrating people caught up in it and instead
listen to why they feel that way. Often cops enforce unjust laws which
also leads to contempt on the part of the public. If it is the duty of
the citizenry to defy unjust laws then why shouldn't the police act more
along the lines of what their particualar area desires. Ex:Enforcement
of marijuana laws in Berkeley is unwanted but still legal. Should cops
enforce. No, if they care about public sentiment. Yes, if they don't
give a shit.

edgerider

May 17, 1994, 6:31:55 PM5/17/94
In article <CpyMz...@wetware.com> mle...@wetware.com (M. Legare, etc.)
writes:

> So then keco...@next03epsl.wam.umd.edu (edgerider) said:
>
> ] In article <Cpu2r...@wetware.com> mle...@wetware.com (M. Legare,
> ] etc.)
> ] > i think perhaps you need to get yourself a healthy dose of more
> ] than
> ] > one viewpoint. then, perhaps, you might evolve into a more mature
> ] > life form.
> ]
> ] Legare you just have not been paying attention to my posts... To use
> ] your own concepts on you, why dont you try reading what is written
> ] in a post rather than deciding it is against your politics and then
> ] bashing it.
>
> lessee if i get this right: cops are scum because they beat people up
> regularly, especially drug users, and they get away with it and they are
> gestapo and bad people.
> you are making a broad, sweeping generalization. that generalization,
> "all cops are thugs", is, in my opinion, inaccurate. that's wahy i have
> been saying, in one form or another. that and the fact that i think you
may be
> an idiot..
>
> oh yes, the drug laws. that's a whole 'nother kettle of fish, and since
we're
> already doomed to end this thread in an off-topic and irrelevant manner
> (Godwin's rule), I'm going to skip that bit.

Alright I am going to have to organize this and get a publisher because
now I realize that to some of the professional class these things have to
be explained at the level of a kindergartener.

Legare, there are several short statements that you have heard over
the years that you have never quite understood. While these statements do
perhaps require a level of spiritual maturity to sink into one's being
perhaps the reason western civilaztion is being destroyed so quickly is
because there are so many like you out there who haven't yet grasped that
things like social responsibility apply to the priveledged even more
greatly than the non-priveledged.... statements like: "the end doesn't
justify the means" et al.

Yes the drug laws are very directly related to the current crises in
law-enforcement. Clinton, who apperently is suffering from the same
corporate-brainwashed-mentality-society syndrome as you, thinks that
highering more police is going to solve the problem. Clinton's solution
is not only not a band-aid to temporarily fix the problem, but it is a
worsening of the disease that this country is slipping into more and more
rapidly. That disease is a loss of human rights, and the direct cause
of the disease is some kind of misguided notion by the big people in
power, and also their second in command henchmen and public opinion
pushers eg. Jesse Helms et. al. that taking away peoples rights is the way
to control the country, keep the lower classes from causing trouble, keep
fear of god(their own interpretation) etc. It is assumed that controling
people by imposing restrictions on them will somehow be profitable. The
only way this can be conceived of as profit is if you have sadomasochistic
motives, because all people were created equal after all. So the result
is a country where racial problems have gotten much worse than they were
in the sixties after all Martin Luther King's work.
How does this relate to police? Because police seem to think alot of
people like you are out there and so think they can get away with what is
really a sadomasochistic way of life that to them seems very natural.
I have explained in a previous post that to be a good cop is practically
impossible because it requires a sacrifice and dedication somewhere
around the level of a Jesus Christ. This is not to say that such
individuals dont exist... the movie 'Serpico' being an example... and I am
not saying that the world he had to deal with is typical either but it
gives an example things to bear in mind.

What is the answer I give to police? Try and be more intelligent than
Legare.

M. Legare, etc.

May 18, 1994, 12:27:37 PM5/18/94
So then keco...@next03epsl.wam.umd.edu (edgerider) said:

] In article <CpyMz...@wetware.com> mle...@wetware.com (M. Legare, etc.)

ah there you go bringing class into it again, myron...

] Legare, there are several short statements that you have heard over

] the years that you have never quite understood. While these statements do
] perhaps require a level of spiritual maturity to sink into one's being
] perhaps the reason western civilaztion is being destroyed so quickly is
] because there are so many like you out there who haven't yet grasped that
] things like social responsibility apply to the priveledged even more
] greatly than the non-priveledged.... statements like: "the end doesn't
] justify the means" et al.

note: my statement: "you are making a broad sweeping generalization"

[...]

okay, hotshot... you are just about past the line on sanctimonious
babble. I want to ask you, and I'll use small words so you might be able to
parse (that means "understand") my question, How Do You Know Where I Am
Coming From?

you assume
1) I'm a member of the "priveledged class".
Bullshit. I work for a living. I have this account through the good
graces of a friend of mine. You're posting from an .edu account,
right? I assume this means you are either in college, work at a college,
or have horked an account from someone who fits one of these two
descriptions. Does this make you less "priveledged" than I, or
perhaps you feel that you can speak "for" the non-priveldged.
Again, I feel that you are making sweeping generalizations on topics
you probably don't have full information on. READ THAT LAST SENTENCE
AGAIN, 'edgerider'. JUST LIKE THE TIME WHEN YOU STARTED ACCUSING ME
OF INSERTING MICROCODE INTO MY POSTS WHICH KEPT YOU FROM CROSSPOSTING.
2) I'm suffering from some kind of corporate-brainwashed crypto-facist
mentaility because I have the temerity to disagree with you on your
opinion that all (all? almost all?) police officers are thugs.
Well, since you are the expert on brainwashing, I may have to concede that
one. After all, *I* wouldn't be able to tell if *I* was brainwashed,
right? I'd be far too busy sabotaging your system, say.
3) I really have a serious running concern in this argument. Well, I
*am* rather enjoying the way you type through that bullhorn of yours.
Keep in mind that *you*, ladddie, started this mess by xposting
to both talk.bizarre and alt.law-enforcement. *You* were the one who
told me that you wanted to "bring new ideas" into teebee land. *You*
are the person standing one the ledge screaming "I'm gonna jump!"

me, I'm the one selling popcorn down on the street and egging you on.

BoB
teCh
g'head, jump

marzipan heart

May 18, 1994, 5:34:50 PM5/18/94
bobtech wrote:

> edgerider wrote:
>] Why is it imporatant to explain these things... have you ever been
>] beaten up by a punk cop? Not only does he get away with it but has a
>] whole team swearing you were the
>] agressor and pressing charges against you. Rodney King is not the
>] exception to a smooth running system.
>
>have YOU been beaten up by a punk cop? if so, then i see why you feel the
>way you do. if not, then i have more questions.

exactly.

i find it highly entertaining that most of the
people i hear insisting that all cops are violent
assholes have never actually had a bad personal
experience with the police. it's fashionable to
hate the police. especially among the drug crowd,
as though individual police officers were PERSONALLY
responsible for ridiculous drug laws.

yes, i know people do have bad personal experiences
with the police. every day. i am not oblivious to
this. my brother has had bad personal experiences
with the police. however, i am also acquainted with
several cops, and therefore feel safe in saying with
a great deal of conviction: SOME cops are violent
assholes.

and some are just underpaid, overworked, and occasionally
cranky, and if you give them attitude, they get pissed
off. can't imagine why that might be. i guess it'll
just have to go down as one of the great mysteries of
the ages.

oh, but nobody who needs to hear this is paying attention anyway
--
my feet are full of cactus
there are blisters in my hair

Adam A Hart,CH200 MS ,299-4241,8

May 19, 1994, 2:58:52 AM5/19/94

In a previous article, keco...@next03epsl.wam.umd.edu (edgerider) says:

> Yes the drug laws are very directly related to the current crises in
>law-enforcement. Clinton, who apperently is suffering from the same
>corporate-brainwashed-mentality-society syndrome as you, thinks that
>highering more police is going to solve the problem.

This hiring more police deal is an ineffective token gesture and even
Clinton knows it... sadly Clinton thinks that by making more things
illegal to own is going to stop crime... oh and all these other nifty
crime prevention things he's got in his bill that he won't talk about..
yea those will help to. The problem is we is the country choose the
lesser of the three evils in '92 and we still got stuck with someone crappy.

> How does this relate to police? Because police seem to think alot of
>people like you are out there and so think they can get away with what is
>really a sadomasochistic way of life that to them seems very natural.

I'm sure you have LOTS of good research to back this up...

>I have explained in a previous post that to be a good cop is practically
>impossible because it requires a sacrifice and dedication somewhere
>around the level of a Jesus Christ. This is not to say that such
>individuals dont exist... the movie 'Serpico' being an example... and I am
>not saying that the world he had to deal with is typical either but it
>gives an example things to bear in mind.

Do you base all your generalizations off the media? If you'd said simply
the Serpico case I might have let it go... but looking back at your
arguments it seems that all you've seen are Eastwood movies and "Serpico."
If you follow the media example you get three kinds of cops: The loose
cannon loner who follows his own rules, the ineffective bigoted fat
redneck, and the bullet sponges who couldn't hit the broad side of a barn
and have the IQ of Dan Quayle. Of course if you follow the media example
all the women are beautiful, all the guns have unlimited numbers of
bullets, noone ever has to fill out reports or put up with endless
lawsuits and harrassement, noone (except maybe the bullet sponges) ever
has to worry about wether the training they recieved is going to be
enough in those few moments of terror they may have to face one day. Did
I forget everything? Oh yeah... every day is a shoot out and a car
chase, every cop is corrupt (except Serpico of course), blah... blah... blah

>What is the answer I give to police? Try and be more intelligent than
>Legare.

All admit that's better than most suggestions, like Die Pig (thanks
Turmoil), agencies are working as fast as they can to improve themselves
but you can't expect improvement overnight... it is the government afterall.

--
Adam Hart ah...@dekalb.dc.peachnet.edu
"Go that way really really fast... If something get's in your way, turn!"

edgerider

May 19, 1994, 6:35:56 PM5/19/94
In article <Cq0B...@wetware.com> mle...@wetware.com (M. Legare, etc.)
writes:

> me, I'm the one selling popcorn down on the street and egging you on.

This is supposed to motivate me? Come-on legare your the antagonist,
you old priveledged facist you.

I actually I question your motives? Perhaps you are trying to whip me
into even deeper insights, which of course would simply be extensions of
the "line of babble" that I have been giving. As you say they are broad
sweeping generalizations, but we are talking broadly here for the sake of
gaining insights into problems that so many of this**
corporate-brainwashed-mentality-society dont seem to be able to see the
forest for the trees... a broad statement like for instance saying that a
kid sexually abused by his parents is going to have some severe
psychological difficulties...
(gee am I implying something here)

** actually we are trying to shut up and find it difficult

Glenn Benest

May 22, 1994, 4:33:18 PM5/22/94
edgerider <keco...@next03epsl.wam.umd.edu> writes:

>> ] In article <Cpu2r...@wetware.com> mle...@wetware.com (M. Legare,
>> ] etc.)
>> ] > i think perhaps you need to get yourself a healthy dose of more
>> ] than
>> ] > one viewpoint. then, perhaps, you might evolve into a more mature
>> ] > life form.
>> ]
>> ] Legare you just have not been paying attention to my posts... To use

Wow -- this last post is so specious and idiotic in its reasoning it pretty
does a a great job in incapsilating a whole mindset of knee jerk police
bashers out there, I couldn't help but comment. The disease of America is
that we're losing our human rights is one gem that is hard to resist. Are
you serious? All that crime in the inner city must be because young
disadvantaged kids don't have enough rights. yeah, I guess that makes
a lot of sense. The reasons that our health care system is out of control -
not because doctors make too much or because drugs are too expensive - that
really is a very small percentage of the health care budget. Ask any
person in the field, Einstein, and you'll figure out it has a lot to do with
people suffering from multiple gun shot wounds coming into the E.R.'s. Poor
people who wait till the last minute to come to the E.R.'s. If you ask them
what the problem is I'm sure they'll agree with you - yeah, we don't have
any individual rights. DID YOU TAKE TOO MUCH ACID AT WOODSTOCK - or what's
the deal? And next, you say the police are suffering from sadomasochism. You
may have been hit over the head by a cop once and you're still suffering some
kind of brain damage. Police are just like the rest of us, shmuck, they've
got one finger in the dyke and other holes are popping out every other second.
Things have gotten worse since the 60's for exactly the reason you're stating
the country is going downhill. We've placed individual rights over the good
of society, collective responsibility, and our ultimate goal, which should
be trying to keep families together. All these 13 year old kids killing
other kids - what do you think their home life is like? The whole notion
during the 60's that every lifestyle is perfectly wonderful, it doesn't
matter what you study in school, a hedonistic belief that every individual
deserves happiness - hey, it felt good at the time but check out the results.
You gotta get your yourself disentangled from the bong, man, and stop
projecting your anger towards cops. They're just trying to enforce the law.
Your atitudes are what's really turning America towards the dung heap of
history.