Startling Info on Scientology Celebrities CORRECTED

Skip Press

Oct 16, 1998, 3:00:00 AM10/16/98
In article <1998101622...@replay.com>, Anonymous
<nob...@replay.com> wrote:

>FACTNet alert
><www.factnet.org>
>October 15, 1998
>
>A director of FACTNet recently spent 20 hours interviewing former
>high-level Scientologist Jesse Prince. Jesse was second in command of all
>Scientology's operations worldwide. In these conversations, Jesse disclosed
>information never previously revealed on Scientology's celebrities.
>
>The following synopsis on Scientology's celebrities is a condensation of
>information from Jesse Prince and other Scientology defectors.
>
>1. Celebrities' Endorsements of Scientology a Scam
>
>Scientology's celebrities are running a global scam on their fans and on
>the media. Stars like John Travolta, Tom Cruise, Chick Corea, Kirstie
>Alley, Nicole Kidman, Kelly Preston, Priscilla Presley, Lisa Presley, and
>others are secretly being given lucrative compensation for endorsing
>Scientology. In the recent film The Truman Show, Truman's wife incessantly
>pitched ads for household items, while her unaware husband was convinced
>she was simply stating her sincere fondness for the goods. In the same way,
>star Scientologists have betrayed their fans and hoodwinked interviewers by
>acting as though glowing endorsements of Scientology are strictly from the
>heart, of their own accord, and certainly not paid Scientology
>advertisements.

They've been paid for years. Judy Norton-Taylor was paid to be the
Dianetics spokesperson, might still be. Big deal--it happens with all
businesses.

>In reality, Scientology's celebrities are compensated richly for
>endorsements with:
>
>*Free Scientology services costing up to $1,000 dollars per hour. John
>Travolta alone has had in excess of $100,000 of free services in
>compensation.

It's one of Hubbard's policies to audit celebrities for free, particularly
if they're trying to get them into or keep them in Scientology. Travolta's
might have come when he was none to happy with management.

>*Commissions of up to 10% for bringing people into Scientology (who
>subsequently pay hundreds of thousands of dollars for Scientology's
>services).

This is a standard fee the church has paid for decades, 10% called a Field
Staff Member (FSM) commission.

>*One or more Scientology staff being sent to travel full time with
>celebrities as "support," at Scientology's expense.

This also has been going on for decades. When Larry Evoy of the group
"Edward Bear" (The Last Song was his only hit) was into Scientology,
Spanky Taylor and Patti Gatto both traveled with the group at no charge,
courtesy of Celebrity Center. Musicians who were staff members like Jim
Cowger from Celebrity Center toured with Jimmie Spheeris when he was
alive.

>*Free luxury accommodations and carte blanc use of the finest Scientology
>facilities and properties. Scientology's current leader David Miscavige
>learned that after Tom Cruise divorced Mimi Rogers, he was persuing Nicole
>Kidman. Miscavige also learns that Cruise has a fantasy of running through
>a field of tall wheat grass with Kidman. So, Miscavige orders a section of
>Scientology's desert compound in Giman Hot Springs to be plowed under and
>planted with wheat. At a cost of tens of thousands of dollars, and through
>the slave labor of cult members who work all day and all night for weeks, a
>field of tall wheat grass is grown in the desert so that Tom Cruise and
>Nicole Kidman may run though it. During their visit, Cruise and Kidman are
>provided the additional luxuries of a specially prepared suite, maids, and
>two four-star chefs, all at scientology's expense as a quid pro quo
>exchange for Cruise's endorsements of Scientology.

Well, big deal. This kind of thing also goes on with lots of big
businesses and big churches, too. You're dead wrong about *slave labor*.
There's no slaves, but there are a bunch of brainwashed idiots who think
that's the way to Nirvana who are doing that kind of work, including the
former #2 Jesse Prince, for years and years.

>2. Marriages and Divorces Arranged
>
>Scientology actively helps arrange celebrities' divorces and marriages when
>Scientology deems them beneficial to Scientology.
>
>Scientology arranged Tom Cruise's entire divorce from Mimi Rogers for no
>charge. The cult knows Cruise is dyslectic and has difficulty reading and
>so "convinced" him to let them handle his bookkeeping and the divorce from
>Mimi Rogers. Orchestrating this divorce was important to Scientology
>because Rogers was disaffected from Scientology; thus it was in
>Scientology's interest to distance Cruise from her. In managing the divorce
>for Cruise, Scientology still had enough influence over Mimi Rogers to
>convince her to accept a relatively paltry $10 million for the settlement.

Ah, but before that occurred Cruise told Barbara Walters on TV that
Scientology had cured his dyslexia, which causes a minor uproar from a
national dyslexia organization. So how do you explain that?

>Scientology also helped Lisa Marie Presley arrange her marriage to Michael
>Jackson. The idea was to make Jackson a Scientologist so he would become a
>recruiter and bring large numbers of youth into Scientology. While she was
>working on Michael Jackson, Presley inconveniently was already married, and
>to a Scientologist staff member. Scientology quickly ordered a divorce, so
>the Michael Jackson recruiting plan could go forward.

I know Lisa Marie. I don't believe she'd marry anyone unless she loved
them, and knowing her husband as well, I'm not surprised they had problems
which led to divorce. I'm also not surprised if they're back together.
Lisa is a sweet girl, but it was a helluva tough thing growing up in her
spotlight. And I don't think Danny Keogh was on staff at the time, so
you're really twisting some facts here. Michael knew a lot of
Scientologists, including Terry Frederickson, a girl who was later
declared a "suppressive person" by Scientology. Lots of people worked on
getting him into Scientology, and his father Joe Jackson went to
Clearwater and got auditing. Other members of the family might have, too.

>3. Celebrities Go Psychotic or Neurotic
>
>Scientology celebrities have gone psychotic during or after Scientology's
>bizarre practices and initiations. These celebrities include John Travolta,
>Tom Cruise, Kirstie Alley and Mimi Rogers.
>
>Tom Cruise became psychotic during a secret Scientology initiation in which
>one is told that rather than being one person, one is composed of thousands
>of aliens from all over the universe fighting for control of your body.
>After completing this initiation, known as OT III, Tom appeared sickly with
>black circles under his eyes and pasty skin. He said he wanted to be away
>from Scientology for good. He just wanted to go back to Hollywood and his
>home and be left alone by Scientology. This would not happen; David
>Miscavige ordered Cruise could not be let go. Scientology worked on Cruise
>day and night until he finally returned to Scientology.

Cruise might not last in Scientology. That might make anyone sick, since
it's such bullshit, dredged up from Ron Hubbard's personal psychosis, no
doubt. He's not the only rich and influential person who has had this
reaction (and I'm sure many others have). Robin Lehman of NY
(Shearson-Lehman) did the same thing, only Robin left and stayed gone.
Robin was married to Cyndi Hall, who might still be a Scientologist.
Cyndi's sister is Jerri Hall, married to Mick Jagger.

>4. Scientology's Spies Monitor Celebrities
>
>Scientology spies on its celebrities, looking for signs of defection. The
>free full-time "support" staff Scientology provides to its biggest
>celebrities write secret reports for David Miscavige. They report any
>problems the celebrity is having, any antagonism to Scientology expressed
>by anyone close to the celebrity, and any doubts the celebrity has about
>Scientology. Reports were regularly sent to David Miscavige by cult spies
>accompanying Tom Cruise on the set of Days of Thunder. Miscavige is a
>fanatic regarding security and loyalty. Believing several of Scientology's
>ministers might be disloyal, he ordered their private homes to be bugged.
>Operatives listened in on everything that went on in the homes, even the
>intimate moments between the ministers and their spouses.

This is probably true, but I don't know about the listening in at homes,
because that sounds really nuts. (Not that Scientology staff members
haven't done really nutty things on and off for decades, from the top
down, but they'll been helpful to people, too. You make them sound like
Nazis, which some can be but most are not.)

>5. Celebrities who Leave may Suffer
>
>Scientology celebrities who have tried to leave Scientology, sometimes many
>times, have been stopped. A few of the stars who have repeatedly tried to
>end their association with the cult are John Travolta, Priscilla Presley,
>Kirstie Alley, Nicole Kidman, and Tom Cruise.

Hey *anonymous* I'm a celebrity to some people, and I'm not in Scientology
and I never will be. Too much bullshit for too long. But we're not talking
sci-fi mind control here. Any damn one of those people could walk tomorrow
without consequence, though it might take them a while to come to their
senses, just as it did me and a whole lot of others. Here's some
celebrities who walked:

Al Jarreau
Burton Cummings of the Guess Who
Lou Rawls
Stanley Clarke (best bass musician in the world)
Katherine Bach (Daisy Mae on Dukes of Hazzard)
Ernest Lehman, screenwriter, former Pres. of Writers Guild (goes in an out)
and tons more, a lot more than are currently enamored

>A scientology staff member that John Travolta had become close friends with
>was sent to Scientology's concentration camp called the Rehabilitation
>Project Force, or RPF. He heard that she was pregnant and crying all the
>time while on the RPF. He wanted to see her to be certain that she and her
>child were okay. Scientology said that if he brought one of his films for
>the Scientology staff to see, they would arrange for the woman to meet with
>him. Scientology lied. Travolta brought the film, but the woman was not
>there. He threw a fit. He left wanting nothing else to do with Scientology.

The RPF is horseshit. It's one of the worst things of any cult.

>At another time, Travolta was having a relationship with a homosexual man
>who Travolta said he was going to marry. David Miscavige freaked out.
>Travolta told Scientology that if they couldn't handle his homosexuality,
>too damn bad. So Miscavige ordered a large number of Scientology staff to
>stay with Travolta for weeks at a time, to re-convert him and bring him
>back into Scientology. Needless to say, after both incidents, Scientology
>ended up getting him back.

So Travolta's bi. Maybe he needs to come to grips with it--he's apparently
struggled with it for decades. So what?

>Scientology's celebrities know in no uncertain terms that Scientology will
>turn against them if they cause problems. They know what happens to
>ex-members and critics. They know how their embarrassing confidential
>confessions will made public if they go against the group. They know they
>will be targets of character assassination exposing every part of their
>lives, from taxes to sex to drugs to family problems!

Quite frankly, although I got a phone call from some idiot two weeks ago,
they leave me alone, because they know I know governors and politicians at
very high levels and have a national voice. On the other hand, if they
ever screwed with me and my family, I would handily toast them.
Problematically, I've seen a lot of people helped with the lower levels of
Scientology. It's a 50-50 proposition, that stuff.

>6. A Note on Nicole Kidman
>
>Nicole Kidman's black magic role in her new film Practical Magic will not
>help her escape the ruthless tactics of Scientology. Nicole Kidman has been
>signaling she wants nothing more to do with Scientology; she has said she
>is not a Scientologist. However, her situation is problematic.
>Scientology's policy is that its members are not to be closely associated
>with individuals who are antagonistic to Scientology, and according to
>Scientology's definition, Nicole is antagonistic.
>
>Nicole knows Scientology arranged the divorce of Tom Cruise and Mimi
>Rogers. She knows Scientology will control every possible aspect of Tom's
>life. She must wonder if it is only a matter of time before Scientology
>demands Tom chose between his wife (and kids) and Scientology. Or before
>Scientology destroys their marriage through covert operations or offers Tom
>a new dream woman to run though a new field of wheat grass with.

I don't think Nicole's too freaked about it, pal. She has a hit play
that's moving to Broadway and she doesn't need Scientology or Tom Cruise.
If she sticks with either, the best bet is it's because she wants to.

>Does Tom have real courage to face this cult, or does he only act that way
>on screen? With all its others problems worldwide, Scientology might not
>retaliate harshly if Tom Cruise and Nicole Kidman stood up and humbly said
>they had made a mistake getting involved with Scientology, that Scientology
>is dangerous and people should stay away from it. But it doesn't seem as
>though Cruise is doing anything apart from what Scientology dictates to him.

Tom Cruise is still THE BIGGEST STAR IN THE WORLD. Get used to it. Maybe
he's over-bearing. Maybe he's got other problems. I don't think you're
getting anywhere with your arguments, frankly.

>Consider a recent headline story from German magazine TV Spielfilm [Issue
>21/98, 10-23 October 1998]. It reveals that Tom Cruise has stepped out of
>the planned remake of Fahrenheit 451. He left because director Mel Gibson
>made a subtle joke about Tom's/Scientology's beliefs regarding Jesus
>Christ. Scientology's secret tenets denouncing Christianity are now widely
>circulated. According to Scientology's policies of ending associations with
>anyone even minimally antagonistic to itself, Cruise responded as
>Scientology would insist, despite $18 million dollars at stake for the
>role. Nicole Kidman has a lot to worry about right now.

Like I said, he does what he wants. So does Mel.

>Anti-Christian beliefs of Scientology are found, among other places, in
>secret documents called OT VIII. According to Jesse Prince, the original OT
>VIII is part of the most secret Scientology initiation in which the
>initiate is told that Hubbard was the anti-Christ and that the Jesus was
>not a holy person, but rather a pedophile. Few people got through OT VIII
>before Scientology withdrew and modified it. It had caused so many problems
>with those who read it that it was deemed too dangerous. One long time
>member who passed all security clearances to reach OT VIII, freaked out on
>OT VIII and quit Scientology on the spot! Jesse Prince reports that even
>Miscavige had severe doubts about releasing this secret of secrets.

If Hubbard was the antichrist, I'm the friggin Virgin Mary. But since he
apparently studied with Aleister Crowley, who said HE was the beast aka
antichrist, it wouldn't surprise me.

BTW, factnet was started by Larry Wollersheim, who I saw screw over many
dozens of people over years' time. You left that part out.

>7. Manson and Other Scientologists
>
>Charles Manson is the Scientologist that Scientology will deny most avidly.
>But, Scientology's own materials seized by the FBI disclose that Charles
>Manson was a member and received a considerable amount of services before
>he joined the Process.

Oh bullshit. He read some books and spouts shit. He's Charles Manson.

>With Michael Jackson no longer a Scientology hopeful, another celebrity
>recruit is being relied upon to bring children into Scientology: Ginger
>Spice, former Spice Girl.

I'm yawning a little at this real threat to humanity here.

>Two other celebrities recently brought into the endorsement scam are Jenna
>Elfman of the Darma and Greg television sitcom and Kelly Preston, who
>Scientology arranged for John Travolta to marry at the peak of his
>sexuality-preference exposure problems.

Jenna was born into Scientology as I recall. She's a very sweet girl (I
can personally say) who wouldn't hurt a fly knowingly, and I hear the same
about Kelly Preston (but don't know personally). Maybe Scientology
arranged the marriage (doubtful), but did they also arrange that cute kid
Jett the Travoltas have? Puh-lease.

>As more people learn about the real secret Scientology - initiation-related
>suicides, strange deaths, coerced abortions, human rights abuses, and
>attacks on free speech -- Scientology worldwide organizations are plagued
>with continual pickets and Scientology celebrities are feeling the sting of
>the controversy created by Scientology wherever it appears.

Scientology is getting a backlash that no one but people in Scientology
created. If they ever come to grips with that, they'll survive. If not,
they're toast.

>Scientology celebrity products are being boycotted around the world. Even
>Hollywood producers and investors are having second thoughts about the
>economic and public impacts the cult's celebrities could bring to any
>project. It also appears that Christian celebrities in Hollywood have begun
>working behind the scenes to resist the growing influence of Scientology
>and its anti-Christian message in Hollywood.

There's a book called "Scientology and the Bible." Existed in the 70s,
they don't print it any more. It tried to align beliefs from the New
Testament with scientology. But Hubbard went off his rocker about Christ,
which is a really stupid thing to do, and so he'll have to pay for it.