Esperanto or Interlingua?

G1r9a8v9eE.n.v.e.l.o.p.p.e

Mar 10, 2008, 6:27:36 AM3/10/08

Hello.

Now I am trying to start studying Interlingua (ia).

Is there any reasons why I should prefer to study Interlingua rather
than Esperanto?!

(Is there anybody in this newsgroup?!)

By the way - no one knows newsgroups about IDO?

Petro Ferrero de Hungaria

Mar 12, 2008, 11:43:13 AM3/12/08
On márc. 10, 11:27, "G1r9a8v9eE.n.v.e.l.o.p.p.e" <evgueni1989f

Sure. It is a very clever decision of you to study Interlingua
instead of Esperanto. Interlingua of IALA is a naturalistic planned
language and so it is very similar to Italian, Spanish, etc. so its
pronunciation respects the continental European traditions of the
international vocabulary (of Latin origin); that is why it is
understandable for several hundreds of million people over the world
who never have learnt it, just at first audience or first sight. On
the other hand, though Esperanto structurally is a very easy language
to learn, it is understood only by those you have learnt it
previously. Interlingua respects the really international vocabulary
roots the most (so as written they are recognisable immediately for
English or French or Portuguese speakers or writers, too; as spoken
even for Italians and Spanish speakers and for speakers of minor
romance languages), but in Esperanto they appear as modified, changed,
aberrated in order to transform them to the grammar of Esperanto.
Interlingua never changes the international roots in its vocabulary
and the grammar is simple and in addition naturalistic in comparition
with the grammar of Esperanto, which is quite artificial.

Esperanto was constructed only by one author, who never was a
professional linguist (although he knew several languages), but
Interlingua of IALA was elaborated by a group of professional
philologists and linguists during several years, decades! The idea
was: not to invent new words to make them "international", because the
international vocabulary (the real international one seems to be of
Latin origin) already exists latently in the most European languages.
So Italian, Spanish/Portuguese, French and English were selected by
IALA (International Auxiliary Language Association) as the most
representative languages in the international vocabulary and in their
geographical extension, too in order to "crystallise", to "regain"
etymologically and phonetically, etc. the pure forms of the
international vocabulary. That is why the vocabulary of Interlingua
never is aberrated, modified, etc. (f. e. by its grammar, and so on).

Because of all these, Interlingua really helps you to study other
languages, especially the romance ones, and understand them as written
or even as spoken even when you never have learnt them previously.
(And you will be understood by Portuguese people or Brazilians,
Italians and Spanish, etc. speakers all over the world.) Its grammar
is not artificial at all, but a rational simplification of the
grammars of its source languages.

And so on, so on; there are still many other arguments in favour of
Interlingua... :-)

Péter Kovács

Petro Ferrero de Hungaria

Mar 12, 2008, 11:45:42 AM3/12/08
+use...@gmail.com> wrote:

> By the way - no one knows newsgroups about IDO?

I don't know, whether newsgroups of Ido exist here in Googlegroups,
but there is one in Yahoogroups, the "Idolisto".

Yours faithfully,

Péter

Petro Ferrero de Hungaria

Mar 12, 2008, 11:55:36 AM3/12/08
+use...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Hello.
>
> Now I am trying to start studying Interlingua (ia).

I am really happy, that you have begun to learn Interlingua; if you
want, I can help you in it and certainly also others. For instance, if
you enter today into the chat-channel #interlingua of IRC, at 19h UTC
or later. There are the technical details how to join to the chat:

http://www.interlingua.com/chat

Bye,

Péter from Hungary