Google in Devanagari (गूगल देव नागरी में)

1 view

विनय

Sep 17, 2002, 11:04:33 PM9/17/02
मित्रो,

गूगल का हिन्दी रुपान्तर अब देवनागरी में उपलब्ध है. देखने के लिये यहाँ
जायें..

www.google.com/intl/hi/

या फिर अगर आप इसे अपना प्राथमिक पन्ना बनाना चाहते हैं तो ब्राउज़र में
अपनी मुख्य भाषा "हिन्दी"(hi) चुन लें. IE में ये करने के लिये:
Tools > Internet Options > Languages में जायें और "hindi(hi)" जोड़ लें.

सादर..

विनय

Sunil Bhadekar

Sep 20, 2002, 7:58:25 PM9/20/02
नमसॠकार,

आता इंटरनेटचा शोध घॠया सरळ
मराठीत, गूगलची मराठी
आवृतॠती या पतॠतॠयावर:

http://www.google.com/intl/mr/

किंवा आपलॠया बॠराउज़रवर
Tools > Internet Options > Languages मधॠये जाऊन
मराठी [mr] सगळॠयांत वरती
जोडून, http://www.google.com वर गेलात तर
गूगल मराठीत दिसू लागेल.

काही अडचण असलॠयास मला ईमेल
करा.

- सॠनील

Alok Kumar

Sep 23, 2002, 3:41:00 AM9/23/02
sunn...@hotmail.com (Sunil Bhadekar) wrote in message news:<73e50e65.02092...@posting.google.com>...

> नमसॠकार,
Your post is garbled.
Plese use UTF-8 encoding in View->Encoding in your browser.
My experience is that many google newsgroup posts don't show UTF-8
properly.
So please post a new message to alt.language.hindi and then add the
the additional groups there.
[Assuming your posted thru google.]
Alok

Alok Kumar

Sep 23, 2002, 3:42:56 AM9/23/02
v...@bigfoot.com (&#2357;&#2367;&#2344;&#2351;) wrote in message news:<4e7f5617.02091...@posting.google.com>...
> मितॠरो,
>
> गूगल का हिनॠदी रॠपानॠतर अब देवनागरी में उपलबॠध है. देखने के लिये यहाà¤
> जायें..
>
> www.google.com/intl/hi/
>
> या फिर अगर आप इसे अपना पॠराथमिक पनॠना बनाना चाहते हैं तो बॠराउज़र में
> अपनी मॠखॠय भाषा "हिनॠदी"(hi) चॠन लें. IE में ये करने के लिये:
> Tools > Internet Options > Languages में जायें à¤"र "hindi(hi)" जोड़ लें.

बहॠत ख़ूब! लेकिन Google को गूगल
कॠयों नहीं बनाया गया?

Sunil Bhadekar

Sep 23, 2002, 12:25:37 PM9/23/02
Yes, I posted through Google. But I've done it before and with success
so I don't know what went wrong this time. I did use UTF-8 encoding
when posting.

Is there another Usenet gateway that allows proper posting in UTF-8?

Vinay

Sep 24, 2002, 7:39:26 AM9/24/02
It's very strange. All your (Alok's, Sunil's) posts in the last couple
of days are not showing properly on my Win2K/IE5.5, even though the
headers show that they are encoded in UTF-8. And I have tried viewing
them in every logically possible encoding. The surprising part is that
the same messages show fine (in Nagari) on a Win95/IE5.5or6 system.
The difference is that the messages are visible when viewing using the
Windows Latin encoding.

Have you guy changed anything (any settings) in your style of posting?
Or does anyone have any clue?

Hope this one shows up okay..

à¤"र आलोक, आपको गूगल का
हिनॠदी रूप पसनॠद आया, ये
जानकर अचॠछा लगा. शबॠद गूगल
के हिनॠदी में न लिखे जाने
का कारण ये है कि गूगल सॠवयं
इसकी अनॠमति नहीं देता.

सादर..

विनय

alok....@mailjol.com (Alok Kumar) wrote in message news:<cba03d0.02092...@posting.google.com>...

> v...@bigfoot.com (&#2357;&#2367;&#2344;&#2351;) wrote in message news:<4e7f5617.02091...@posting.google.com>...

> > मितॠरो,
> >
> > गूगल का हिनॠदी रॠपानॠतर अब देवनागरी में उपलबॠध है. देखने के लिये यहाà¤Â
> > जायें..
> >
> > www.google.com/intl/hi/
> >
> > या फिर अगर आप इसे अपना पॠराथमिक पनॠना बनाना चाहते हैं तो बॠराउज़र में
> > अपनी मॠखॠय भाषा "हिनॠदी"(hi) चॠन लें. IE में ये करने के लिये:
> > Tools > Internet Options > Languages में जायें à¤"र "hindi(hi)" जोड़ लें.
> >
> बहॠत ख़ूब! लेकिन Google को गूगल
> कॠयों नहीं बनाया गया?

Alok Kumar

Sep 25, 2002, 8:43:50 AM9/25/02
v...@hotmail.com (Vinay) wrote in message news:<f4f0fd2d.02092...@posting.google.com>...

> It's very strange. All your (Alok's, Sunil's) posts in the last couple
> of days are not showing properly on my Win2K/IE5.5, even though the
> headers show that they are encoded in UTF-8. And I have tried viewing
> them in every logically possible encoding. The surprising part is that
> the same messages show fine (in Nagari) on a Win95/IE5.5or6 system.
> The difference is that the messages are visible when viewing using the
> Windows Latin encoding.
>
> Have you guy changed anything (any settings) in your style of posting?
> Or does anyone have any clue?
>
> Hope this one shows up okay..
>
> à¤"र आलोक, आपको गूगल का
No, it didn't show up.
I was using xp.
This problem is different from the earlier one however:
Earlier, on posting thru google, on pasting the message in the
browser, the actual unicode numbers used to appear &#<4 digit number>
rather than the glyphs.
On posting/previewing, these numbers used to appear again.

Now:
On pasting the message, the glyphs appear fine.
But on posting/previewing, the numbers crop up.

In between(when everything was working fine):
Devanagari used to get displayed properly both on posting as well as
in the preview.

Does this help in diagnosing the problem.
I've already written to google twice about this, maybe I'll have to
start looking for alternatives.
गूगल का पतॠता काटना पड़ेगा।
Alok

Sunil Bhadekar

Sep 25, 2002, 12:05:38 PM9/25/02
Vinay,

Your message did not show up okay either. I analyzed the message I
sent, and the one that appeared on Google. The message is being
garbled at Google I think. The third character in the UTF-8 encoding
for Devanagari Unicode chars is becoming 0x3F (i.e. '?' QUESTION_MARK)
for some of the letters. And when this happens, the 3-byte character
no longer is a valid UTF-8 character, which is why it doesn't show up
as Nagari.

Did you send your message through Google or through a news reader?

- Sunil

P.S. I haven't made any changes to my style of posting.

maximus

Oct 4, 2002, 10:53:05 PM10/4/02
kewl! sunil bhadekar ki jay! (is that how to say it?)

Sunil Bhadekar

Oct 7, 2002, 12:12:38 PM10/7/02
max...@hotmail.com (maximus) wrote in message news:<807cfc74.02100...@posting.google.com>...

> kewl! sunil bhadekar ki jay! (is that how to say it?)

Yes, if you want to be melodramatic :-)

It's like saying "Victory to Maximus!". (or
मॅक्ज़िमस की जय)

- सुनील