Grupy dyskusyjne Google nie obsługują już nowych postów ani subskrypcji z Usenetu. Treści historyczne nadal będą dostępne.

Nathan's MVA/MVI

1 wyświetlenie

Frank Kotler

nieprzeczytany,
19 kwi 2009, 03:55:0619.04.2009
do
In case any of us intelligent assembly language programmers don't
realize it, replying to that message goes to news.groups.proposals, a
*moderated* group frequented by the folks who make this entire adventure
possible. Less-than-serious replies and chit-chat should probably go in
reply to *this* message instead...

Beautiful job Nathan!!! When I run for Tyrant, will you be my
speechwriter? :)

Best,
Frank

Jim Carlock

nieprzeczytany,
19 kwi 2009, 12:22:3719.04.2009
do
"Frank Kotler" wrote...
: In case any of us intelligent assembly language programmers don't
: realize it, replying to that message goes to news.groups.proposals,
: a *moderated* group frequented by the folks who make this entire
: adventure possible. Less-than-serious replies and chit-chat should
: probably go in reply to *this* message instead...

Thanks, Nathan.

We no longer have control of which messages get posted to CLAX.

I'm prepared to take over CLAX, but only as long as we get an almost
unanimous approval here. So I'm asking for approval from everyone
here and a simple 'Aye' and a brief comment or question works for
myself. I'm happy to answer any questions, but we need to get this
going as soon as possible, and I'll need to send some formal requests
to the appropriate individuals to get the IP address changed, and I
can then start working on some scripts and hand approve things in
the meantime until I figure out the appropriate email addresses
involved with this.

I'm not cross-posting this just in case someone wants to chit-chat,
I'm prepared to do so.

--
Jim Carlock
http://www.microcosmotalk.com/contact/

Phil Carmody

nieprzeczytany,
19 kwi 2009, 15:40:4919.04.2009
do
"Jim Carlock" <jcar...@example.com> writes:
> "Frank Kotler" wrote...
> : In case any of us intelligent assembly language programmers don't
> : realize it, replying to that message goes to news.groups.proposals,
> : a *moderated* group frequented by the folks who make this entire
> : adventure possible. Less-than-serious replies and chit-chat should
> : probably go in reply to *this* message instead...
>
> Thanks, Nathan.
>
> We no longer have control of which messages get posted to CLAX.
>
> I'm prepared to take over CLAX, but only as long as we get an almost
> unanimous approval here. So I'm asking for approval from everyone
> here and a simple 'Aye' and a brief comment or question works for
> myself. I'm happy to answer any questions, but we need to get this
> going as soon as possible, and I'll need to send some formal requests
> to the appropriate individuals to get the IP address changed, and I
> can then start working on some scripts and hand approve things in
> the meantime until I figure out the appropriate email addresses
> involved with this.

AYE.

Phil
--
Marijuana is indeed a dangerous drug.
It causes governments to wage war against their own people.

Rod Pemberton

nieprzeczytany,
19 kwi 2009, 17:21:1719.04.2009
do
"Jim Carlock" <jcar...@example.com> wrote in message

Aye, if you (and/or Frank, Nathan, Herbert, Wolfgang, etc.) want to take
over, and moderate it.
Aye too, if you (et. al.) want to take over, and unmoderate it...

Rod Pemberton

Jim Higgins

nieprzeczytany,
19 kwi 2009, 17:45:3619.04.2009
do
On Sun, 19 Apr 2009 12:22:37 -0400, "Jim Carlock"
<jcar...@example.com> wrote:

>I'm prepared to take over CLAX, but only as long as we get an almost
>unanimous approval here. So I'm asking for approval from everyone
>here and a simple 'Aye' and a brief comment or question works for
>myself.

AYE

And thank you.

Alexei A. Frounze

nieprzeczytany,
19 kwi 2009, 18:58:5419.04.2009
do
On Apr 19, 2:21 pm, "Rod Pemberton" <do_not_h...@nohavenot.cmm> wrote:
> "Jim Carlock" <jcarl...@example.com> wrote in message

Aye aye.

Alex

nathan...@gmail.com

nieprzeczytany,
19 kwi 2009, 22:32:1319.04.2009
do
Just an FYI:

On Apr 19, 1:52 am, nathancba...@gmail.com wrote:
> Moderator Vacancy Announcement/Investigation (MVA/MVI)
> COMP.LANG.ASM.X86 (CLAX)
>
> ...[snippage]...
>
> VOLUNTEER REQUEST:

> All of this may be a fair topic for discussion on news.groups,

I copied, and edited, the boilerplate from here:
http://www.big-8.org/dokuwiki/doku.php?id=policies:mvi

I have just noticed that there also exists a MVA:CLAX thread at
"news.groups", which, as is clear in the quote above, is called for in
my MVA.

Nathan.

Steve

nieprzeczytany,
20 kwi 2009, 07:51:1420.04.2009
do
"Jim Carlock" <jcar...@example.com> writes:

>We no longer have control of which messages get posted to CLAX.
>
>I'm prepared to take over CLAX, but only as long as we get an almost
>unanimous approval here. So I'm asking for approval from everyone
>here and a simple 'Aye' and a brief comment or question works for
>myself. I'm happy to answer any questions, but we need to get this
>going as soon as possible, and I'll need to send some formal requests
>to the appropriate individuals to get the IP address changed, and I
>can then start working on some scripts and hand approve things in
>the meantime until I figure out the appropriate email addresses
>involved with this.

Aye. Yes, and thank you for your efforts.

Good luck,

Steve N.

Wolfgang Kern

nieprzeczytany,
20 kwi 2009, 15:57:5420.04.2009
do

Rod Pemberton wrote:

>> We no longer have control of which messages get posted to CLAX.

>> I'm prepared to take over CLAX, but only as long as we get an almost
>> unanimous approval here. So I'm asking for approval from everyone
>> here and a simple 'Aye' and a brief comment or question works for
>> myself. I'm happy to answer any questions, but we need to get this
>> going as soon as possible, and I'll need to send some formal requests
>> to the appropriate individuals to get the IP address changed, and I
>> can then start working on some scripts and hand approve things in
>> the meantime until I figure out the appropriate email addresses
>> involved with this.

>> I'm not cross-posting this just in case someone wants to chit-chat,
>> I'm prepared to do so.

> Aye, if you (and/or Frank, Nathan, Herbert, Wolfgang, etc.) want to take
> over, and moderate it.

Yeah, except I don't like to be a moderator :)

> Aye too, if you (et. al.) want to take over, and unmoderate it...

either way possible, even I think CLAX should remain as the
'clean' brother of ALA.

Aye and thanks Jim,
__
wolfgang

pg

nieprzeczytany,
21 kwi 2009, 21:19:4221.04.2009
do

Thank you, Jim, for volunteering.

AYE !!

nathan...@gmail.com

nieprzeczytany,
22 kwi 2009, 00:03:5422.04.2009
do
On Apr 19, 3:55 am, Frank Kotler <fbkot...@verizon.net> wrote:

> Beautiful job Nathan!!! When I run for Tyrant, will you be my
> speechwriter? :)

Only if I get to also be Secretary of Tortur... uh.. I mean...
Disciplinary Rehabilitation!

An update about CLAX's future:

With your votes here ..and.. as the last remaining assistant
moderator, Jim owns the group. So we've got ourselves a "repair our
treehouse" permit from the treehouse authorization committee (those
Big-8 folk that Herbert likes to throw rocks at). Things are a bit
"in flux" at the moment as Jim dots all the "T"s and crosses all the
"I"s and just in general gets the moderation "machinery" in gear. I
suppose he'll let you know when its "okay" to start pinging CLAX with
Mensa-caliber minutiae again. Keep your fingers crossed!

Nathan.

pg

nieprzeczytany,
22 kwi 2009, 03:36:4522.04.2009
do
As it is, ala is already filled to the ream with "Gay Orgy" spams.

If we un-moderated clax, would it be filled with "Gay Orgy" spams as
well?

Alexei A. Frounze

nieprzeczytany,
22 kwi 2009, 04:34:0722.04.2009
do

I don't see that many "spams" like that using google groups. There are
some.

Alex

Nowe wiadomości: 0