question: cigarette filters

apE maN kinkS

May 12, 2003, 10:46:25 AM5/12/03
Where the hell does HST get his cigarette filters?

I've done a little research on the internet and the only kind I can fine are
the long Cruella De Vil like cigarette holders.

I don't have to take a trip to Aspen to find them? Do I?

~~amk~~

Christine O

May 12, 2003, 4:55:07 PM5/12/03
I believe they are called Tar Gards...have you tried phoning a local tobacconists?

Best,
Christine

Pakalolo <JR>

May 12, 2003, 9:10:48 PM5/12/03

"Christine O" <webm...@gonzo.org> wrote in message

Have you tried going to any CVS. Those things are everywhere that sell pipe
and rolling.

apE maN kinkS

May 13, 2003, 8:37:03 AM5/13/03

> Have you tried going to any CVS. Those things are everywhere that sell
pipe
> and rolling.

Yes, I tryed CVS. No deals.
Although for a mere $3.50 you can get a bag 10 of smelly cigars.

apE maN kinkS

May 13, 2003, 8:40:31 AM5/13/03

"Christine O" <webm...@gonzo.org> wrote in message
> I believe they are called Tar Gards...have you tried phoning a local
tobacconists?

> Best,
> Christine
Thanks Christine. At least I have a name now. As far as a local
tobacconists: they a few and far between here in up-state New York.

Bill Benzel

May 13, 2003, 9:54:02 AM5/13/03
apE maN kinkS (no...@microsoft.com) wrote:
:
: "Christine O" <webm...@gonzo.org> wrote in message
:

500 block of Broadway -- Albany -- very decent smoke shop probably has
what you want.

--
Bill

"...the question deserves to be asked: who shaped the
society this generation scorns?"

Tom Wicker (Sep. '68)

apE maN kinkS

May 13, 2003, 2:04:54 PM5/13/03

> 500 block of Broadway -- Albany -- very decent smoke shop probably has
> what you want.
>
> --
> Bill

Yea , I'm about 30 miles from Albany so I might try that or that place in
Stuyvesant Plaza.
Maybe you can keep an eye out for wooden indians for me.

amk

endus

May 14, 2003, 9:49:40 AM5/14/03
On Tue, 13 May 2003 09:10:42 -0400, "apE maN kinkS"
<no...@microsoft.com> wrote:

>Found them!
>www.walgreens.com
>10 for $2.99.
>Thanks again for your help.
>

>BTW have you guys noticed you can post binaries here!
>We should really take advantage of it.
>
>amk

Of course you CAN post binaries here....you CAN post binaries to any
USENET group. However you are not SUPPOSED to.

**** e * n * d * u * s * d * o * t * c * o * m ****

Civil liberties are black and white issues.
I don't think people think far enough to see the
ramifications. The PATRIOT Act was a dagger in the
heart, really, of even the concept of a democratic
government that is free, equal and just.
-Hunter S. Thompson

Christine O

May 14, 2003, 11:22:48 AM5/14/03
LOL you must be pretty up-state then :-D I never realized how many
people lived in small towns in the US until I visited Lexington...it
was just weird...I always imagined the US as being a country of many
large cities, and the whole "small town, main street" thing to be more
of a myth that was perpetuated on TV. Even Louisville seemed
surprisingly small...

apE maN kinkS

May 14, 2003, 4:44:44 PM5/14/03

> Of course you CAN post binaries here....you CAN post binaries to any
> USENET group. However you are not SUPPOSED to.
>
> **** e * n * d * u * s * d * o * t * c * o * m ****

Apemankinks pulls his head from his ass and said,"I didn't know that!"

apE maN kinkS

May 14, 2003, 4:58:48 PM5/14/03

"Christine O" <webm...@gonzo.org> wrote in message
> LOL you must be pretty up-state then :-D I never realized how many
> people lived in small towns in the US until I visited Lexington...it
> was just weird...I always imagined the US as being a country of many
> large cities, and the whole "small town, main street" thing to be more
> of a myth that was perpetuated on TV. Even Louisville seemed
> surprisingly small...
>
> Best,
> Christine
Oh it's true Christine. My town used to be a mill town until they closed
down. Now it's just small businesses and prefab homes with people that
commute to Albany for work. Although the population is growing and we just
got our first McDonald's 2 years ago.
No, it's not like "Northern Exposure". You won't find a moose in the road
but maybe a cow once in awhile.

AMK

Christine O

May 16, 2003, 11:07:18 AM5/16/03
> Oh it's true Christine. My town used to be a mill town until they closed
> down. Now it's just small businesses and prefab homes with people that
> commute to Albany for work. Although the population is growing and we just
> got our first McDonald's 2 years ago.
> No, it's not like "Northern Exposure". You won't find a moose in the road
> but maybe a cow once in awhile.

Ugh! Albany ;-) Albany seems to be a running joke to a lot of people I
know :-D

When I went to Washington state last summer (a place where I could
easily live, I so fell in love with Seattle!) we visited Mt. Rainier,
naturally. It's funny, I can look to the west and see the Rockies, but
Mt. Rainier is bleeping impressive :-D We stopped in a little town -
ooh, somewhere between Yelm and Mt. Rainier...the town consisted of a
post office, a gas station, convenience store and competing cappucino
stands on either side of the road :-D

There was actually a pretty cool place that we stopped for dinner on
the way back - somewhere past Yelm. It was called Dirty Dan's Gay 90s
Pizza Parlor or something like that. It was a pasta/steakhouse/bar of
some sort that had been around *forever*. The decor was charming -
beer and political posters both new and old. They actually had some
old Nixon posters too :-D

Best,
Christine

apE maN kinkS

May 16, 2003, 11:55:03 AM5/16/03

> Ugh! Albany ;-) Albany seems to be a running joke to a lot of people I
> know :-D

Many people call Albany the armpit of N.Y.

The armpit maybe hairy and smelly but it's still needed in order for the
body to operate properly.

*<8-D

a.m.k.

Bill Benzel

May 16, 2003, 3:42:51 PM5/16/03
apE maN kinkS (no...@microsoft.com) wrote:
:
: > Ugh! Albany ;-) Albany seems to be a running joke to a lot of people I

: > know :-D
:
: Many people call Albany the armpit of N.Y.
:

I actually appreciated Albany when I was doing a consulting gig there.
Nice little no bullshit airport, Wolf Road is acceptable during the week
for places to stay -- even a coffeehouse that has decent acoustic music on
Friday and Saturday nights.

Great day trips if I was stuck for a weekend -- Cooperstown (Ommegang
Brewery - not the BHOF), Northampton, Woodstock, Lake George all within a
couple of hours drive time.

But I would NOT want to live there!

NYC Grrrrl

May 17, 2003, 7:42:59 PM5/17/03
>Thanks Christine. At least I have a name now. As far as a local
>tobacconists: they a few and far between here in up-state New York.

What about the New Paltz or Woodstock areas?

nyc

zzz

May 23, 2003, 5:06:45 AM5/23/03
On Tue, 13 May 2003 01:10:48 GMT, "Pakalolo <JR>"
<needmy...@askme.net>

They don't have CVS everywhere - yet.

At any rate, what's this pakalolo shit? Isn't that something you can
smoke?

cdev...@gmail.com

Jun 5, 2017, 1:04:04 PM6/5/17
Its called a TarGard permanent filter system and you can buy them at targard.com