(OT) Hidden/Wierd Google Links

Roy Schestowitz

Mar 4, 2006, 11:42:05 AM3/4/06

Roy Schestowitz

Mar 4, 2006, 11:49:38 AM3/4/06
__/ [ Roy Schestowitz ] on Saturday 04 March 2006 16:42 \__

Oops, typo.

Paul B

Mar 4, 2006, 12:31:43 PM3/4/06

Here are some more that are not listed :
http://www.google.com/intl/xx-bork/
http://www.google.com/intl/xx-elmer/
http://www.google.com/intl/xx-piglatin/
http://www.google.com/intl/xx-klingon/

http://elgoog.rb-hosting.de/index.cgi
http://www.google.com/Easter/feature_easter.html

plh
Paul

Borek

Mar 4, 2006, 3:11:10 PM3/4/06
On Sat, 04 Mar 2006 18:31:43 +0100, Paul B <lamewo...@yahoo.com> wrote:

> Here are some more that are not listed :
> http://www.google.com/intl/xx-bork/

http://www.google.com/intl/xx-borek/

This one works too :)

Best,
Borek
--
http://www.chembuddy.com
http://www.bpp.com.pl

John Bokma

Mar 4, 2006, 4:13:21 PM3/4/06
Borek <m.bor...@delete.chembuddy.these.com.parts> wrote:

> On Sat, 04 Mar 2006 18:31:43 +0100, Paul B <lamewo...@yahoo.com>
> wrote:
>
>> Here are some more that are not listed :
>> http://www.google.com/intl/xx-bork/
>
> http://www.google.com/intl/xx-borek/
>
> This one works too :)

<http://www.google.com/intl/xx-john-bokma/> :-D

Oh, and this one too:
<http://www.google.com/intl/free-porn/>

--
John Freelance Perl programmer: http://castleamber.com/

Quick Bookmarks:http://johnbokma.com/firefox/quick-launch-bookmarks.html

Paul B

Mar 4, 2006, 5:06:56 PM3/4/06
On 4 Mar 2006 21:13:21 GMT, John Bokma <jo...@castleamber.com> wrote:

>Borek <m.bor...@delete.chembuddy.these.com.parts> wrote:
>
>> On Sat, 04 Mar 2006 18:31:43 +0100, Paul B <lamewo...@yahoo.com>
>> wrote:
>>
>>> Here are some more that are not listed :
>>> http://www.google.com/intl/xx-bork/
>>
>> http://www.google.com/intl/xx-borek/
>>
>> This one works too :)
>
><http://www.google.com/intl/xx-john-bokma/> :-D
>
>Oh, and this one too:
><http://www.google.com/intl/free-porn/>

There is nothing viusally different between those two. However, there
are in the ones I gave.

John Bokma

Mar 4, 2006, 5:52:10 PM3/4/06
Paul B <lamewo...@yahoo.com> wrote:

> On 4 Mar 2006 21:13:21 GMT, John Bokma <jo...@castleamber.com> wrote:
>
>>Borek <m.bor...@delete.chembuddy.these.com.parts> wrote:

>>> http://www.google.com/intl/xx-borek/
>>>
>>> This one works too :)
>>
>><http://www.google.com/intl/xx-john-bokma/> :-D
>>
>>Oh, and this one too:
>><http://www.google.com/intl/free-porn/>
>
> There is nothing viusally different between those two. However, there
> are in the ones I gave.

I know Paul ;-)

What's funny though, if someone asks:

Q:Hey, does anyone know where to find a cool editor?
A:http://www.google.com/intl/cool-editors-for-free/

--
John
Sig-o-matic says:

Paul B

Mar 4, 2006, 8:43:51 PM3/4/06
On 4 Mar 2006 22:52:10 GMT, John Bokma <jo...@castleamber.com> wrote:

>Paul B <lamewo...@yahoo.com> wrote:

>>><http://www.google.com/intl/xx-john-bokma/> :-D
>>>
>>>Oh, and this one too:
>>><http://www.google.com/intl/free-porn/>
>>
>> There is nothing viusally different between those two. However, there
>> are in the ones I gave.
>
>I know Paul ;-)

I thought I was going mad <g> :)

>What's funny though, if someone asks:
>
>Q:Hey, does anyone know where to find a cool editor?
>A:http://www.google.com/intl/cool-editors-for-free/

ROFL

Roy Schestowitz

Mar 5, 2006, 3:03:58 AM3/5/06
__/ [ Paul B ] on Sunday 05 March 2006 01:43 \__

> On 4 Mar 2006 22:52:10 GMT, John Bokma <jo...@castleamber.com> wrote:
>
>>Paul B <lamewo...@yahoo.com> wrote:

>>> There is nothing viusally different between those two. However, there
>>> are in the ones I gave.
>>
>>I know Paul ;-)
>
> I thought I was going mad <g> :)
>
>>What's funny though, if someone asks:
>>
>>Q:Hey, does anyone know where to find a cool editor?
>>A:http://www.google.com/intl/cool-editors-for-free/
>
> ROFL

Am I losing my ability to sense humour or is everyone else getting "404 Not
Found" error pages? There is nothing out of the ordinary in any of the
pages. Tabs point to URL's in this thread...

http://www.schestowitz.com/temp/sites/google_404.jpg

Borek

Mar 5, 2006, 5:44:06 AM3/5/06
On Sun, 05 Mar 2006 09:03:58 +0100, Roy Schestowitz
<newsg...@schestowitz.com> wrote:

>>> Q:Hey, does anyone know where to find a cool editor?
>>> A:http://www.google.com/intl/cool-editors-for-free/
>>
>> ROFL
>
> Am I losing my ability to sense humour or is everyone else getting "404
> Not
> Found" error pages? There is nothing out of the ordinary in any of the
> pages. Tabs point to URL's in this thread...
>
> http://www.schestowitz.com/temp/sites/google_404.jpg

http://www.chembuddy.com/images/cool-editors-for-free.png

Roy Schestowitz

Mar 5, 2006, 5:57:04 AM3/5/06
__/ [ Borek ] on Sunday 05 March 2006 10:44 \__

Ahhh.. missing slashes. *smile* My newsgroup client interprets hyperlinks
differently. Some people append a comma or a full stop to URL's, which is
what KNode attempts to compensate for.

John Bokma

Mar 5, 2006, 2:23:10 PM3/5/06
Roy Schestowitz <newsg...@schestowitz.com> wrote:

> Ahhh.. missing slashes. *smile* My newsgroup client interprets
> hyperlinks differently. Some people append a comma or a full stop to
> URL's, which is what KNode attempts to compensate for.

By removing the last slash? Who programmed that? Bad KNode, bad!

--
John Experienced (web) developer: http://castleamber.com/
Textpad quick reference card (pdf): http://johnbokma.com/textpad/

Roy Schestowitz

Mar 5, 2006, 10:39:55 PM3/5/06
__/ [ John Bokma ] on Sunday 05 March 2006 19:23 \__

> Roy Schestowitz <newsg...@schestowitz.com> wrote:
>
>> Ahhh.. missing slashes. *smile* My newsgroup client interprets
>> hyperlinks differently. Some people append a comma or a full stop to
>> URL's, which is what KNode attempts to compensate for.
>
> By removing the last slash? Who programmed that? Bad KNode, bad!

I know, I know. *smile* I use a version of KNode which dates back to 2002 or
2003. In most cases (the overwhelming majority), slash stripping is benign.
It is enough to enter the directory in question; even mod_rewrite's for
affected me twice, for all I can recall. It was previously a link I had
posted to 'Palm on Linux' screenshots. I am beginning to think that this
behaviour can be changed amongst the settings...

Best wishes,

Roy

--
Roy S. Schestowitz | "Beauty is in the eye of the beerholder"
http://Schestowitz.com | SuSE Linux | PGP-Key: 0x74572E8E

Roy Schestowitz

Mar 5, 2006, 10:48:22 PM3/5/06
__/ [ John Bokma ] on Sunday 05 March 2006 19:23 \__

> Roy Schestowitz <newsg...@schestowitz.com> wrote:
>
>> Ahhh.. missing slashes. *smile* My newsgroup client interprets
>> hyperlinks differently. Some people append a comma or a full stop to
>> URL's, which is what KNode attempts to compensate for.
>
> By removing the last slash? Who programmed that? Bad KNode, bad!

I know, I know. smile I use a version of KNode which dates back to 2002 or

2003. In most cases (the overwhelming majority), slash stripping is benign.
It is enough to enter the directory in question; even mod_rewrite's for
affected me twice, for all I can recall. It was previously a link I had
posted to 'Palm on Linux' screenshots. I am beginning to think that this
behaviour can be changed amongst the settings...

Best wishes,

Roy

PS - not sure the message bubbled through the first time

--
Roy S. Schestowitz | It is no longer uncommon to be uncommon

http://Schestowitz.com | SuSE Linux | PGP-Key: 0x74572E8E

3:45am up 4 days 23:23, 12 users, load average: 1.19, 0.78, 0.70

John Bokma

Mar 6, 2006, 1:05:54 AM3/6/06
Roy Schestowitz <newsg...@schestowitz.com> wrote:

> __/ [ John Bokma ] on Sunday 05 March 2006 19:23 \__
>
>> Roy Schestowitz <newsg...@schestowitz.com> wrote:
>>
>>> Ahhh.. missing slashes. *smile* My newsgroup client interprets
>>> hyperlinks differently. Some people append a comma or a full stop to
>>> URL's, which is what KNode attempts to compensate for.
>>
>> By removing the last slash? Who programmed that? Bad KNode, bad!
>
> I know, I know. smile I use a version of KNode which dates back to
> 2002 or 2003.

Ah, that's why it posts twice each message as well?

> PS - not sure the message bubbled through the first time

j/k :-D

Roy Schestowitz

Mar 6, 2006, 1:51:43 AM3/6/06
__/ [ John Bokma ] on Monday 06 March 2006 06:05 \__

> Roy Schestowitz <newsg...@schestowitz.com> wrote:
>
>> __/ [ John Bokma ] on Sunday 05 March 2006 19:23 \__

>>> By removing the last slash? Who programmed that? Bad KNode, bad!
>>
>> I know, I know. smile I use a version of KNode which dates back to
>> 2002 or 2003.
>
> Ah, that's why it posts twice each message as well?
>
>> PS - not sure the message bubbled through the first time
>
> j/k :-D

That's the newsserver's fault. *smile* First time this happens, after more
than 2 years with KNode. Mind you, KNode only crashed about 3-4 times in
that period of time (I composed around 7,000 messages). No O/S-related
crashes, ever. I couldn't be happier with Pan, or even XNews, which just
doesn't appeal to me.

Best wishes,

Roy

--
Roy S. Schestowitz

http://Schestowitz.com | SuSE Linux | PGP-Key: 0x74572E8E

6:45am up 5 days 2:23, 13 users, load average: 0.66, 0.44, 0.40

John Bokma

Mar 6, 2006, 11:30:38 AM3/6/06
Roy Schestowitz <newsg...@schestowitz.com> wrote:

> O/S-related crashes, ever. I couldn't be happier with Pan, or even
> XNews, which just doesn't appeal to me.

XNews doesn't appeal to me either, it looks ugly, and has some
shortcomings (like one level of undo for crying out loud).

Want to switch to Dialog soon.

XNews never crashed on me.

--
John Freelance Perl programmer: http://castleamber.com/