Huge Web Hosting Scam - William Franklin, WNY Server

William Franklin Scam

Dec 3, 2004, 9:30:09 PM12/3/04

Hello,

I was recently contact by this person named William Franklin who saw me
advertise a project request on another forum. I called William on the
phone and we discusses servers, website design, and toll free support
centers, since I was looking to start my own hosting company. I really
liked our conversation and it was over an hour of one on one talk. I
then agreed to rent a really high end server from William which was...

Dual Xeon 2.8HT
2G Memory
(8) 80G SCSI Drives,
Dedicated T1 Connection
cPanel/Whm
24/7 Support

I agreed to $500 per mont for that rent. I was looking for a really
high end server, because I wanted to create my own car forum and run my
hosting business, and I wanted to have room to expand. Willaim explained
to me that he did not have a merchant account or PayPal so I agreed to
send him money via Western Union ( Yes, I now realize that was stupid
). I was told that my server would be online in about 24 hours because
he needed to overnight some more SCSI drives for my server setup. I
agreed, and that was the end of our phone conversation, and I hung up
and sent the money.

I tried contact William Franklin the next day, and he said that the
shipping was delayed and asked me politey to wait one more day, which I
agreed to. Then the next day he changed his toll free number on me, and
stopped answering my emails. He did occassionally send me an email
saying that a member of his "staff" would be contacting me soon with my
server details, and the mockup of my website.

Now almost a month has passed, and I still have not been able to use my
server, I have absolutely nothing done on my website... pretty much I
got scammed. I should have never used Western Union, and I honestly
learned a good lesson. Now I am definately not the person to just let
this go, and I am in the process of tracking William. So far I found
out that he has these websites registered under his name and his false
business name...

Domain: http://www.nbnet.biz
Name: William Franklin
Address: 2468 North Main Street
City, State: WARSAW, NY 14569
Phone: 1.5857865750
Email: ad...@nbnet.biz

Domain: http://www.buffalooneline.biz
DBA: WNY Designers
Name: William Franklin
Address: 2468 ST RT 19 N
Address: Suite 5
City, State Warsaw New York 14569
Phone: 1.5857860448
Fax: +1.4042871057

Domain: http://www.ny-hosting.biz
DBA: WNY Designers
Name: William Franklin
Address: 5211 Oak Ave
City, State Woodward, OK 73801
Phone: 1.5857860448
Fax: +1.4042871057

Domain: http://www.wnyservers.com
DBA: WNY Designers
Name: William Franklin
Address: 8 North Main Street
City, State Warsaw, NY 14569
Phone: 1.5857860448
Fax: +1.4042871057

Domain: http://tinyurl.com/3w3y7
DBA: WNY Designers
Name: William Franklin
Address: 8 North Main Street
City, State Warsaw, NY 14569
Phone: 1.5857860448
Fax: +1.4042871057

Domain: http://www.wnyimage.com
DBA: WNY Designers
Name: Neil Cowley.com
Address: 7278 McDonald Dr.
City, State Lima, NY 14485
Phone: 585 721 0632

Domain: http://www.wnyhosting.net
Name: William Franklin
Address: 2468 North Main Street
Address: Suite 5
City, State: Warsaw, New York

Domain: http://tinyurl.com/5oeq9
Name: William Franklin
Address: 521 Oak Ave
Address: Suite 5
City, State: Woodward, OK 73801

Domain: http://www.warsawinternet.com
Name: William Franklin
Address: 2468 ST RT 19 N
Address: Suite 5
City, State: WARSAW, NY 14569

Confirmed As of 12/1/2004...

Here is a Confirmed Phone # (866) 866-1814
Here is his Confirmed home phone # (585) 786-0448
Here is his confirmed email: in...@b4websitedesigners.com,
ad...@nbnet.biz

I got an email from William recently with this footer...
--------------------------------------
William Franklin
CEO
Nothing But Net.Biz, Inc.
2468 North Main Street
Suite 5
Warsaw, New York 14569

(866) 866-1814 ext. 1 (Main Number)
(585) 786-6260 Direct Line
(888) 355-9401 Cell Phone
ad...@nbnet.biz
http://nbnet.biz
--------------------------------------

His wifes answers his home phone number and always says that he is not
there, and ask if she can call you back, but he never does. She is
definately screening William Franklins phone calls. All of his
regristartion information for his domain names have different
variations in them, so I have no idea how to determine what is the
correct address. I am thinkin about filing an ICANN complaint against
him for incorrect whois inforamtion. I also want to do a reverse lookup
on his phone numbers, to see if I can get a better address.

I am planning on filing a small claims suit in Nevada where I live, and
since everything took place online, I do not have to travel to New York.
I know that he would not show up, so I would win a default judgement
against him, but then I have to find a way to collect, which is almost
impossible to do. Plus all the cost associated with going to court,
having to pay the US Marshals to server him with the papers, and again
with the judgement. I really want to get this scammer. I hate people
like these, and it really hurts to know that you got taken.

I would really like anyones option on this issue. I have already found
people who say that they were scammed fromt his guy also, and that he
was on the run from the law. I don't know if it is cost effective to
take him to court, or even if I can attempt to collect. Can I send him
to a collection agency where they can ding his credit score, or they
can take him to court... probably not but just curious?

I have learned a very valuable lession.... Do NOT use Western Union
EVER! And never deal with Willaim Franklin!

Look forward to your thoughts and replies....

--
William Franklin Scam - Unregistered User
View this thread: http://www.monster-isp.com/forums/showthread.php?threadid=17754