Good for the FBI :: Feds: Imam Who Led Radical Islam Group Killed in FBI Raid in Dearborn, Mich

1 view

Oath Keeper

Oct 28, 2009, 9:14:26 PM10/28/09
First off, let's make it clear that many of us believe US Muslims,
especially Black ones, should rounded up and put into detention
camps. They are too dangerous to co-exist with the rest of us in this
society. Thanks to the FBI at least one of these anti-American
hoodlums has been killed.
Excerpt:
DETROIT — A man described as a leader of a radical Sunni Islam group
in the U.S. was fatally shot Wednesday afternoon while resisting
arrest and exchanging gunfire with federal agents, authorities said.

Agents at a warehouse in Dearborn were trying to arrest Luqman Ameen
Abdullah, 53, on charges that included conspiracy to sell stolen goods
and illegal possession and sale of firearms. Ten followers listed in a
criminal complaint were also being rounded up in the area.

Abdullah refused to surrender, fired a weapon and was killed by
gunfire from agents, FBI spokeswoman Sandra Berchtold said.

In a court filing, the FBI said Abdullah, also known as Christopher
Thomas, was an imam of a Black Muslim radical group named Ummah whose
primary mission is to establish an Islamic state within the United
States.

No one was charged with terrorism. But Abdullah was "advocating and
encouraging his followers to commit violent acts against the United
States," FBI agent Gary Leone said in an affidavit.

"He regularly preaches anti-government and anti-law enforcement
rhetoric," Leone said. "Abdullah and his followers have trained
regularly in the use of firearms, and continue to train in martial
arts and sword fighting."

Leone said members of the national group mostly are black and some
converted to Islam while in prisons across the United States.

"Abdullah preaches that every Muslim should have a weapon, and should
not be scared to use their weapon when needed," Leone wrote.

It was not immediately clear how many of the other 10 suspects were in
custody.

The group believes that a separate Islamic state in the U.S. would be
controlled by Jamil Abdullah Al-Amin, formerly known as H. Rap Brown,
who is serving a life sentence in a federal prison in Colorado for
shooting two police officers in Georgia in 2000, Leone said. Al-Amin,
a veteran of the black power movement, started the group after he
converted to Islam in prison.

"They're not taking their cues from overseas," said Jimmy Jones, a
professor of world religions at Manhattanville College and a longtime
Muslim prison chaplain. "This group is very much American born and
bred."

The movement at one time was believed to include a couple of dozen
mosques around the country. Ummah is now dwarfed in numbers and
influence by other African-American Muslim groups, particularly the
mainstream Sunnis who were led by Imam W.D. Mohammed, who recently
died.

By evening, authorities still were working the scene near the Detroit-
Dearborn border and the warehouse was surrounded by police tape.

The U.S. attorney's office said an FBI dog was also killed during the
shootout.

Abdullah's mosque is in a brick duplex on a quiet, residential street
in Detroit. A sign on the door in English and Arabic reads, in part,
"There is no God but Allah."

Several men congregated on the porch Wednesday night and subsequently
attacked a photographer from The Detroit News who was taking pictures
from across the street. Ricardo Thomas had his camera equipment
smashed and had a bloody lip from the attack.

Imad Hamad, regional director of the American-Arab Anti-Discrimination
Committee in Dearborn, said the FBI had briefed him about Wednesday's
raids and told him they were the result of a two-year investigation.

"We know that this is not something to be projected as something
against Muslims," Hamad said.

from:

Tempest

Oct 28, 2009, 9:29:07 PM10/28/09
On Oct 28, 6:14 pm, Oath Keeper <anewton...@gmail.com> wrote:

Now they need to go after the Christofascists who are murdering
doctors.

Buerste

Oct 29, 2009, 2:04:19 AM10/29/09

"Tempest" <mordacp...@hotmail.com> wrote in message

On Oct 28, 6:14 pm, Oath Keeper <anewton...@gmail.com> wrote:

Now they need to go after the Christofascists who are murdering
doctors.

And, all those who are murdering babies!

Lamont Cranston

Oct 29, 2009, 9:48:07 AM10/29/09
Oath Keeper wrote:
> First off, let's make it clear that many of us believe US
> Muslims,
> especially Black ones, should rounded up and put into
> detention
> camps.

Most of us believe that you should be rounded up and put
into a detention camp, Queef.