Re: I've seen the future of bicycles

Tom Keats

Jul 4, 2007, 2:59:08 AM7/4/07
In article <1pybunmpdplqt.o...@40tude.net>,
Troll Report <r...@rollreport.es> writes:

> ...and its name isn't the Trek Madone 2008

So ... what is it?

So far, so much of what I've seen of the future
of bicycles has been the past of bicycles.

--
Nothing is safe from me.
I'm really at:

bitwisebob

Jul 4, 2007, 4:37:55 PM7/4/07
On Tue, 3 Jul 2007 23:15:18 -0800, Troll Report <r...@rollreport.es>
wrote:

>Trek Madone 2008

pictures at
http://bicycledesign.blogspot.com/2007/06/2008-trek-madone.html

---
Bob Anderson*Bitwisebob
Eugene Oregon

bitwisebob

Jul 4, 2007, 4:40:46 PM7/4/07
wrote:

>Trek Madone 2008

more info
http://www.pezcyclingnews.com/?pg=fullstory&id=5007

Martha Adams

Jul 4, 2007, 4:46:58 PM7/4/07
I think today's bicycles are pretty well optimized, except
the complexified ones. Two wheels the same size; a
simple system to achieve ten speeds (enough for any
practical purpose). Available at low cost -- I have mine
from a dumpster around 20 years ago; its front wheel
came from the same dumpster at a different time. Then
I made up a simple part in a machine shop; and I've a
longterm good bicycle at a total cost of maybe $10.
When I see some of those elaborated $700 bicycles on
the market, I, well, that's confusing. *What for?*

Cheers -- Martha Adams [cola 2007 July 4]

"Tom Keats" <tkeat...@hotmail.com> wrote in message

Jerry McBride

Jul 4, 2007, 6:39:34 PM7/4/07
Martha Adams wrote:

> I think today's bicycles are pretty well optimized, except
> the complexified ones. Two wheels the same size; a
> simple system to achieve ten speeds (enough for any
> practical purpose). Available at low cost -- I have mine
> from a dumpster around 20 years ago; its front wheel
> came from the same dumpster at a different time. Then
> I made up a simple part in a machine shop; and I've a
> longterm good bicycle at a total cost of maybe $10.
> When I see some of those elaborated $700 bicycles on
> the market, I, well, that's confusing. *What for?*
>
> Cheers -- Martha Adams [cola 2007 July 4]

Martha? You dumpster dive too?

Over the years I've managed to retrieve a perfectly good Craftsman drill
press, hordes of hard drives and possibly a ton or more of homeless
hardware and computers... The drill press still does duty in a friends work
shop and the computers are reborn as low end linux boxes...

Nice to see I operate in good company. :')

--

Jerry McBride

andre...@aol.com

Jul 5, 2007, 9:19:09 AM7/5/07
On Jul 4, 1:15 am, Troll Report <r...@rollreport.es> wrote:
> ...and its name isn't the Trek Madone 2008., but I appreciate the morons
> spamming it here.

Hey, they have made past headsets, bbs and seatposts obsolete and they
will improve your riding considerably with the new tech designs. The
bike will definitely make anyone ride faster. Get one right now.

One thing thay did is they decided that people don't need to have two
yards of seatpost showing. Instead they extended the seattube. One of
the ideas of compact design was that we would save lots of weight with
less tubing used. However, with the extended seatpost, the weight
savings are gone.

Whatever they did, it must be much better than my totally obsolete
bike. As soon as everyone gets one, I'll get dropped like a hot potato
on the next ride.

Andres

B'ichela

Jul 5, 2007, 10:18:49 AM7/5/07
In article <c6ktl4x...@supertux.my.domain>, Jerry McBride wrote:
> Over the years I've managed to retrieve a perfectly good Craftsman drill
> press, hordes of hard drives and possibly a ton or more of homeless
> hardware and computers... The drill press still does duty in a friends work
> shop and the computers are reborn as low end linux boxes...
>
> Nice to see I operate in good company. :')
I also dumpster drive as well as look for useful items on the
curbs. Got an air conditioner, several computers and other odds and
ends that work that way.

--

From the Desk of the Sysop of:
Planet Maca's Opus, a Free open BBS system. telnet://pinkrose.dhis.org